Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my dad "I don't owe you anything" and not letting him meet his grandchild?

He was there pretty constantly for the first 10 or so years of my life, but then he left mum and me for his coworker. I saw him at birthdays and Christmas, and he paid child support, and got me a phone with his phone number, but that was it for his involvement after that. Mum was neglectful and I begged dad to let me live with him. He always said he didn't have room for me. He and the coworker had 2 kids of their own after a few years.

I've tried to reconnect with him over the years but it's never clicked. I felt as though I was trying, but he wasn't. The closest I got was when he asked me if I wanted to babysit my younger half siblings when I was a teenager, but that was spending time with them, not with dad. Having said that we did become close because of it and are friends to this day.

Present day I have a wife, and 3 weeks ago I gave birth to our first child. I mostly cut contact with both parents when I turned 18 but the actual last contact I had with my mother was my wedding day, and due to her actions on the day we haven't spoken since. I invited my father, months in advance, and he said he would "check his calendar and get back to [me]". I sent a text the month before the wedding to follow up and never got a reply.

My wife and I agreed to not make any birth announcements until a couple weeks after the baby is born and we're settled. A couple of days ago we posted a picture on facebook to let our friends and family know that the baby was born. I am not connected to my father on facebook, but my settings are on public. I am connected to my half siblings, who liked and shared the post.

My father messaged me a few hours ago, essentially wanting to know how I could have a baby without even telling him I was pregnant.

I replied saying that as the last contact we had was over 2 years ago I didn't think he would care.

He then replied that he had a "right to know" that he was a grandfather and after years of supporting me "you owe me that much", and wanting to know when he could come and meet his grandchild.

I responded "I don't owe you anything. Have a nice life." then blocked him. I have no intention of ever speaking to him again, or letting him meet my child.

Wife thinks I was right, half sister agrees, but my half brother, who is under 18, messaged me saying dad is raging at him and now he's not sure he'll be able to visit his nephew. I found dad's facebook and he posted a short message saying that for all the excitement that comes with a grandchild, he was saddened that he would never get to experience it, as I have made it clear that I don't want him to be part of it. Most people just left comments expressing sympathy for my father but a few have directly messaged me saying that while we weren't close he was still there for me in some capacity for the majority of my life and the least I could do is let him meet his grandchild.

AITA for telling him I don't owe him anything/blocking him/not letting him meet his grandchild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my dad "I don't owe you anything" and not letting him meet his grandchild?
Lol get hosed dad.

"When can I see the baby?!"
'Iono lemmie check my calendar'

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I met the duties required of me by the court, you owe me you little poo poo.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

cumshitter posted:

I met the duties required of me by the court, you owe me you little poo poo.

And I went to your loving birthday party. Good God, no one would buy you a set of ten Lego bricks without some kind of payout

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

ESH

If you have no interaction with your parents, don't be surprised when your kid grows up to think family is meaningless.

Look at this rear end in a top hat.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FilthyImp posted:

Lol get hosed dad.

"When can I see the baby?!"
'Iono lemmie check my calendar'

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon...

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

it's weird because you would think that redditors would sympathize with the bully victim, but they love decorum and following the rules wayyyy more

Redditors identify more with the fanfiction-writing nerd who accuses women of being sluts

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

HazCat posted:

I don't have my license. I could have my license - I passed all the tests and got approved for one.
[...]
Surprise! A few years later I discovered that due to a visual impairment, I have zero true depth perception (no stereoscopic vision at all). I have no ability to accurately judge my own position in relation to others, and get by day to day using compensation methods. Putting me behind the wheel of a car would be absolutely negligent, and it's crazy that I was ever okayed for a license.

That's crazy that you never knew you had a sight impairment. Nuts. Also, do they not do basic eyesight tests where you live when you get your license? (I guess you wouldn't know?) Over here you you peek into what looks like a stereoscopic microscope and they ask you to read the words, like a 20s vision test while getting your license.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Admiral Ray posted:

As expected reddit is falling over themselves saying she's "just as bad as the bully" and "wow u should have told the school" like a bunch of weak willed idiots. The difference between your action and hers is that she did it for the approval of others; you did it for yourself. Her will and self-worth is tied to social approval. You will is self-evident and self-justified. Ignore the baying cowards in their responses for they are attempting to take your victory for themselves. They have no victories of their own and must drag down the great wills of our age to sustain their own negative energies.

I love it when the gimmick post is the truest thing that can be said about a situation. Never change Admiral Ray.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Title: A random man got on our bus on a university trip and we didn't realize until we got to our destination.

quote:

Canada btw

So I'm a third year student at a university in Canada. I'm also the club president of a business club. Every year we hold a trip to a nearby city (4-5 hour drive) to tour some offices. We get there by organizing a bus company and get a hotel for two nights. We also have everyone (about 60 students) to sign liability forms that the University approves, that says the club is no longer liable for your well being after we finish the office tours on the main day of the event. This is why, despite the bus being packed on the drive there, at least 5 people stayed in the city instead of taking the bus back. So as we arrived back home, we noticed some guy who was kinda awkwardly standing around and eventually started to wander away as we were putting our stuff inside the University building, and one of the executives in the club said that he could have sworn he saw this guy at the highway stop where we stopped halfway through. It was clear to all of us that this was not a student and was not on the trip. So 4 of us approached him and asked him if he was on the bus and he said "yes." He was pretty shocked to learn what city he was in, and a little aggressive when he heard we had no intention of returning to the original city. We gave him directions to use public transportation to get to the main train station that could take him back to his city. We didn't catch his name. We went back inside and we're all freaking out about this. I know the right thing to do is to file a report. We have some pictures of him too as we take pictures on the bus for marketing purposes. The attendants were all adult students who had signed these forms and we were no longer responsible for their well being. He also didn't do anything on the bus but sit quietly and stare out the window. Am I, or my club, able to get in trouble for this?

tl;dr: A random dude snuck on our bus on the way back from a University trip. He didn't harm anyone or do anything, and at that point we weren't liable for anyone's safety. Is our club or myself somehow in danger with the law if I report this?

Thanks for your help!

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Please, even for just the sake of the kid, I hope they never talk to this man again.

Tell all the people on Facebook to mind their own loving business, or even better, get the gently caress off of Facebook, like every person in the world should.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

A Moose posted:

Finally caught up to the thread, but does anyone else think Fat Guy Bald Spot or whatever his name is has a very similar posting style to Guy Mann? Did Sleeveless get banned or something?

What? Who ?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for turning my son into the police?

My 16 year old son was catfishing people on the internet for petty cash (10-50 dollars per person.)

I couldn’t believe it. I don’t know how I screwed up as a parent this badly to fail to instill in him that this is wrong and morally depraved behavior.

I asked why he’d do this to innocent people, mostly elderly people, and he said he needed money to buy things we wouldn’t buy him (video gaming equipment, expensive sneakers, etc.)

I told him when he asked for those things to go get a job, but he said it would take too long to save up for those things with a job and this was faster.

His excuse was if they’re stupid enough to fall for his scam, they deserve to have their money taken. But he swore he wouldn’t do it again.

I didn’t believe him. I couldn’t risk that. I felt I needed him to have a wake up call now when there’s still a chance he’ll turn this behavior and life outlook around.

I collected all the evidence of what he’d done and reported him to the police.

After I did this, I was devastated, and called a friend to vent and ask where I’d gone wrong in raising him.

She was horrified. Not at his behavior but at what I’d done. She said there was no reason I couldn’t have settled the problem within the home and didn’t have to open my son up to the risks of the legal system.

Now I’m even more broken up. And I don’t want to put our business out there by running the situation by many other people.

Was I the rear end in a top hat?

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Pirate Radar posted:

Title: A random man got on our bus on a university trip and we didn't realize until we got to our destination.

Imagine spending a weekend and ten hours of driving to go look at offices lmao

Shabooty
Apr 29, 2013
LMAO at this clueless dude getting on the wrong bus and freaking out all these college students.

Someone definitely should get in trouble for letting him get on in the first place tho.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Friend [m/22] feels uncomfortable taking gf’s [f/20] virginity. TL;Dr

quote:

So my friend got into a new relationship. We live in japan.

He’s been hesitant about taking his gfs virginity. He’s dated before but he is her first bf ever. She’s very attached and doesn’t know how to process how happy she is to be with him. (I’m kinda jealous, I wish I could have that much love left in me)

Maybe she loves him alittle more than he likes her. His emotions have been tempered from past bad relationships. And he’s a little worried she might “imprint” herself if he actually takes her card.

They’ve been together for 2 months now and he’s never pushed the issue or pressured her into sex (which seems obvious given the above statement)

But every time they try and do the deed (as he describes) she looks like she’s bracing herself for a shot or pain and she says “it hurts” even though (from his words) he only pushes alittle with the tip. Now it doesn’t help he has big American size.

I dunno how to help out. I’m nearly 30 ( me and my friend go to the same international school and we were on the same coast back in America) and personally I’ve never had to take someone’s card.

tl;dr What advice should I give my friend who is hesitant about taking his girlfriend virginity.

quote:

You're both too old to be believing stupid poo poo like this and talking about "taking her card". You're not in high school anymore. Jesus.

Who said I was worried. I’m just trying to help my friend out. While it might not seem special for you.

This is my friends girlfriend. She’s 20. She’s never had a boyfriend before and we live in a culture that is different from yours.

So while you might be able to go and pop cherries like it’s nothing. Not caring for the impression you make. You should take other peoples feelings into consideration as they might consider it a special event.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MagusofStars posted:

Because it’s ~family~, just like so many other stories here. There’s a stunningly large percentage of people who believe that if someone’s a relative, you are obligated to put up with their bullshit no matter how awful of a human being they are.

That's gotta go both ways though, why isn't she the one who has to put up with his tattoo?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Ah. The exquisite agony of Big American Size. The poor girl is doomed to imprint on him like a motherless brace of quail.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If he has to cover up his big titty tattoo how are those children ever going to learn that women are objects?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for requesting that my daughter and her partner sleep in separate rooms?

quote:

Throwaway account. My (56F) daughter (22F) and her partner (20sF) have been an item for just under a year. They will both be staying at the house along with my son (28M) and his fiancee (29F).

There are four bedrooms in the house. One is the master bedroom for myself in my husband, one is my daughter's old room, one is my son's old room, and one is our guest room. During past Thanksgivings, my son has shared his old room with his fiancee and my daughter has stayed in her old room.

When inviting my daughter I explained my preferred arrangements and stated that her partner could stay in the guest room, as they are not engaged/committed in a way equivalent to my son and his fiancee. Daughter was very displeased by this and accused me of homophobia. I told her that I have never been anything but accepting. She knows this and when one of her high school friends was kicked out of his home for his homosexuality I allowed her to let him stay a few nights in our house. She has come from a family that is nothing but loving.

My son and his fiancee became engaged before we could experience a Thanksgiving together but I am sure I would have implemented the same rules as I do not approve of those in casual uncommitted relationships sharing rooms and engaging in physical intimacy under my roof. This absolutely would have applied to both of my children and I have told my daughter this numerous times.

Now my daughter has refused to spend Thanksgiving at our house because she says I "do not respect" her relationship while that is certainly not the case. She has even brought her partner to dinner at our house once in the past.

My husband refuses to pick a side and says he is waiting for this to "blow over" which is just as frustrating to me.

I have told my daughter that her partner is welcome here for Thanksgiving but not in the same room as her overnight. AITA?

EDIT: I have been informed in the comments that I omitted some information. While making this post I may have painted my daughter in a more negative light by neglecting to mention details regarding my son's engagement. He has been engaged for two years, but the wedding date has not been set as his fiancee has infidelity issues. My daughter brought this up in her argument with me about committed relationships and I am forced to admit that she and her partner have had no such problems. I understand that this may influence judgement of the situation.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

quote:

fanfiction bully story

How do you send text from a random website to people and convince it is a specific persons doing?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lucrece posted:

AITA for requesting that my daughter and her partner sleep in separate rooms?

He has been engaged for two years, but the wedding date has not been set as his fiancee has infidelity issues. My daughter brought this up in her argument with me about committed relationships and I am forced to admit that she and her partner have had no such problems. I understand that this may influence judgement of the situation.

Oh come the gently caress on lol.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Ah. The exquisite agony of Big American Size. The poor girl is doomed to imprint on him like a motherless brace of quail.

pops cherries like it's nothing, not caring for the impression it makes

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for visiting my ex in jail against the wishes of my girlfriend?

I live with my girlfriend Molly and have done for the past two years. I love her and since we're both financially stable we're thinking of starting a family together.

My ex girlfriend Amy is in jail. She worked in finance, pretty high up, already earning great money but got involved in an illegal scheme to make ''easy money''. Everyone involved has been jailed. I heard about this and thought it was a shame, but we haven't been together for four years so I had no reason to reach out to her. That was until I received a letter from her in the post, where she told me that all her family and friends had cut her off, and asking if I could be in contact with her purely as a friend, so she has someone she could talk to on the outside. I agreed and visited her today.

Amy's family are upper class types who are obsessed with their ''reputation'' and so cut their ''criminal'' daughter off. Most of her friends are from the same professional circles as her so they don't want to know her either. I'm her only friend outside the prison.

She's a complete wreck of a person. When she saw me she broke down in tears as I'm the first person who's ever visited her. Amy doesn't belong in there at all. She's going out of her mind with boredom sitting in her cell. While she has been put on some courses they are far below her capability (she has a degree in mathematics and numerous financial certifications, and they're only offering her very basic skills courses). She has to wear clothes that are usually over/undersized and have been worn by many others before. From what she's said I think she's being bullied in there too. She's said a lot of the other women ''don't like her'' because apparently she comes across as spoiled and snobby.

After the visit she hugged me and thanked me for coming, and I said I'd try to come once a month. Molly was OK with me seeing Amy beforehand, but when I got home she said she doesn't feel comfortable. She's said if it was anyone else it would be OK, but the fact I'm going out of my way for my ex frightens her. She asked me if I have feelings for Amy which I don't, but that didn't satisfy her and she said she wouldn't feel happy unless I stopped seeing Amy, which I said I wouldn't. I'm Amy's only friend. Why should I let her sit in that shithole all alone when I can be there just as a friend to help her through it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man the imprisoned by dick series really took a whole new angle on the whole concept for the new season.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Switch off the wifi when he goes in lol

Husband locks bathroom when he takes an hour long shower
My husband and I have been married for 7 months now. We only have one bathroom in the house, and when my husband takes a shower at night, he locks the door. It usually doesn't really bother me that much, because I know he just likes some time for himself (with whatever he's doing in there). But occasionally I'll have to use the bathroom to pee, or grab something. However, he will -not- let me in. No matter what. I have to really pee right now, but he said "I told you 30 minutes ago that I was going to take a shower, but you need to pee right now?", to which he closed the door, and I still need to pee. I also wanted to take out my contact lenses because I wanted to go to sleep. Because I know he takes really long showers and I wanted to go to sleep, I knocked on the door to ask if he can let me in so I can grab my contact lens case. He got super mad, saying to leave him alone. I really don't understand why he's being this way. If he wants some alone time with himself, I'm cool, but I hardly ever knock on the door when he's taking a shower. I'm not sure on what to do about this, because it's really bothering me. There have been times where I've almost peed my pants because he wont open the door. How can I communicate to him that I dont mind him having his alone time, but that I would still like to be able to use the toilet when necessary?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Remind him to make sure he's using something with a flared base for safety.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dude is totally going :goatsecx: in there and doesn't want to get caught.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Gift him industrial strenght lube

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I like that "she's bored there and the course material isn't challenging enough" is the reason she doesn't belong in jail

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

While she has been put on some courses they are far below her capability (she has a degree in mathematics and numerous financial certifications, and they're only offering her very basic skills courses). She has to wear clothes that are usually over/undersized and have been worn by many others before.

It's such a shame that this woman who white collar crimed hard enough to go to jail isn't getting the education, or the clothes, she needs to reenter society. What shall she do?

Like I'm trying to juxtapose this onto my job and I guess if I really wanted to go to prison I could sell clients on a side hustle or just straight up commit identity fraud because I have access to their personal information. It sounds like she hosed up really, really, hard given her education and certifications. Like, there's no way she couldn't have known what she was doing was incredibly illegal.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

He doing bad things in there

unholy things

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
There's tubgirl, and there's shower dude.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

wedding date has not been set as his fiancee has infidelity issues

:laffo:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
This one goes out to cumshitter

Urged into polyamorous relationship with my (25M) wife (30F), she's clearly upset but won't communicate
Relationships
Apologies for the throwaway, but considering the subject matter it seemed appropriate. Wife (30F) and I (25M) have been together since I was 17, we've been married for 5 years. She is my first everything, I am her second serious relationship. We have definitely had our ups and downs to put it lightly. She's very much type A and I'm more laid back which by itself caused some trouble in the beginning, but we've grown together to be more mature and now solve most problems together extremely well. She is straight, and I am bisexual (this is important later).

About three years ago my wife had a mental breakdown, brought on by many factors including her stressful work environment, anxiety, and fear of missing out. She came to the conclusion that while she still loved me, she felt that her twenties were being robbed from her as she could see her friends still partying and dating around. I could not have guessed she felt this way about our relationship because I had always been happy to have settled down early on with her and take steps towards building a family. The following year was hard for the both of us, and finally she gave me an ultimatum that either we have a polyamorous relationship so that she could experience "normal young adult life" or she would walk away. I always considered myself strictly monogamous and was distraught at first, but I love this woman with all my life and couldn't imagine ever letting her go. When I finally agreed she was ecstatic and immediately sent me a list of articles on ethical poly relationships as well as her ground rules (no past crushes, be honest, use protection).

My original plan was to just convince myself that as long as she came home to me at the end of the day it would all be worth it, and that I would not participate in any relationships outside of her. But as I did my own research into poly relationships I started thinking that my wife was right and this could be an opportunity to try dating other people so that later on at least I wouldn't feel like I actually had missed out on some big life experience. Eventually I took the plunge and six months ago I started dating my current boyfriend (24M), the only partner I have/ever had outside my wife. He is fully aware of me and my wife's situation, is very friendly and respectful to her when we all hang out, and as much as I still love my wife to death I really love his company as well and always find myself looking forward to spending time with him. I am genuinely happy that I met him and he's motivated me to drop a few bad habits and better myself as well. I understand that this may not be a relationship model that suits everyone, but I am glad I gave myself the chance to look into it.

The issue is that, over time, I've noticed that my wife has been growing increasingly passive aggressive about my relationship with my boyfriend. At first she seemed incredibly supportive, since she had felt bad that I wasn't putting myself out there more, and was especially excited that I got to explore my sexuality. Now when she mentions my boyfriend it's always in a snide or condescending tone (although she also denies this), and has also grown worryingly protective and possessive of me. For example while she rarely texted me before, now she will text me pretty much constantly and will become anxious and upset if I don't reply quickly enough. I also have to reassure her for multiple hours before and after I spend time with my boyfriend because she is worried that I might realize I prefer men and will leave her because she is a woman. Of course I've tried to talk to her about this, but no matter what approach I use she will either insist that nothing is wrong and I'm reading too deep into things or she will become angry and accuse me of being condescending. I've asked if she wants to go back to being monogamous, wants to have a purely physical open relationship, needs to redefine the ground rules, or simply doesn't like my boyfriend. She's denied every single suggestion. I haven't brought it up in a month because she will immediately shut any discussion about our relationship down and insist everything is going fantastic, but it is growing more and more obvious that she's deeply upset to the point where my boyfriend has started feeling too uncomfortable around her to hang out as a group anymore. Is there any way to convince her to have an honest discussion about her feelings without her becoming defensive or shutting it down? And why won't she talk to me if she is clearly upset?

tl;dr wife wanted a poly relationship, I was reluctant but eventually came around, I currently have a boyfriend, wife is now very obviously upset but won't communicate at all, how do I approach this situation?

quote:

Does she have any other lovers besides you?

quote:

She had a fling at the beginning of the poly relationship, but currently no.

:owned:

But wait! There's more

quote:

I was a high school junior and she was in college, she was my and my friend's tutor for a school subject. There was pretty much instant chemistry between us and even though we started dating when I was 17 we waited until I was 18 to become physical.

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 25, 2019

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

rodbeard posted:

If he has to cover up his big titty tattoo how are those children ever going to learn that women are objects?

Oh don't worry, there's plenty of ways to continue to learn that lesson.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

rodbeard posted:

Should have gotten a matching tattoo of a male pinup on his other arm

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Fartbox posted:

How do you send text from a random website to people and convince it is a specific persons doing?

The OP said that the fanfiction was specifically about the girl who wrote them sleeping with celebrities in graphic detail, so I assume it was pretty obvious.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not being more sympathetic towards my husband?

It all started yesterday when my husband called me while I was at work. He told me he had ordered free door dash & he thinks his food was drugged, I asked why. He responded by saying he was hallucinating. That he went to take the garbage out and when he went to walk down the stairs of the apartment to the front door the whole room was blue (for context everything is white, the stairs, wall, ceiling, everything). And the stairs just continued on forever like they were never-ending and all the lights int he house were unbearably bright. I asked hey didn't you tell me earlier you had been bitten by a spider? He said yea a couple of hours ago.

I googled it & the first thing that pops up was a brown recluse which is common in southwest Ohio. I told him the hallucinations were from the spider bite and no one had drugged his food. I looked up some care and told him to follow them and when I got home I would look at it. He didn't have other symptoms like fever or nausea and after an hour or so the hallucinations stopped. Looked okay when I got off I said let's ride it out overnight and see what it looks like in the morning.

In the morning he decided he was fine & went to work (Door dash). I texted him around 9 am and said please go to urgent care now instead of waiting until later when I have to work. The toddler & I laid down for a nap & around 12 pm he busts in the house turns on the bedroom light,l turns off the fan & starts saying "babe look at my arm, look at my arm!" At this point, the baby is scared & rudely awoken and begins to cry. I look at it it's swollen and doesn't look great but looks fine. He freaks out and is saying he's going to the doctor some guys mom on facebook almost died blah blah blah.

I honestly got angry, I knew he was going to wait last minute even though I asked him 3 hours before to please go to the doctor. He starts calling me an rear end in a top hat shoves his phone in my face & demands I call my job & tell them I will probably be late. He says I am the rear end in a top hat because I had no sympathy towards him, I say he's the rear end in a top hat because he should have gone to the doctor hours before & now I am going to be late for work. What do you think Reddit?

TL;DR Husband was bitten by most likey a brown recluse, he hallucinated but didn't go to the doc. The next day I asked him in the morning to please go to the doctor and not wait. Well, he waited & now I am going to be late for work. He says I have no sympathy I say he has no respect.

Kill your husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fartbox posted:

That's good enough for the FBI, apparently, so why not high schoolers?