Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Elliot (and the show) don't seem concerned at all with the fact that he's minutes away from having to pull off a world/life changing hack and he hasn't heard from his sister/partner in crime in many hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

fullroundaction posted:

Elliot (and the show) don't seem concerned at all with the fact that he's minutes away from having to pull off a world/life changing hack and he hasn't heard from his sister/partner in crime in many hours.

i think the show's doing a great job at putting us in elliot's shoes, where it's the last thing on his mind and he may literally not even remember it right now

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus gently caress I hate Janice

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rageaholic posted:

Jesus gently caress I hate Janice

No kidding

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I wonder what Elliot hid.

Fastest a mystery on Mr Robot had been solved

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Fastest a mystery on Mr Robot had been solved

apparently that key was prominently featured in some withdrawal dream sequence in season 1 so lol

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

eke out posted:

i think the show's doing a great job at putting us in elliot's shoes, where it's the last thing on his mind and he may literally not even remember it right now

Maybe, yeah.

Although lol at the cast interview bumper they played during the commercial. Price's actor was like "This season has a REAL sense of urgency". My only real complaint about this season is that it has absolutely none of that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha, aww yeah Dom :cool:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HOLY poo poo YEAH

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ta ta for now ya flange

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm a little behind but gently caress YEAH DOM

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

dom is the hero of mr robot

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Did...did they just show a preview for next week before the show was over?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Who is your favorite character and why is it Dom Dipierro?

From the OP

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

SalTheBard posted:

From the OP

:hmmyes:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
So I guess young Elliot is the third personalty?'

How did he just walk into/through the museum without having to break in or deal with alarms etc.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Rami and Slater are phenomenal

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I can't do it

I can't do the hack

I can't do the hack

[fades to black]

Next time, on Mr. Robot: The Hack!

There's a special place in hell for trailer makers

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Mr. Robot and Elliot talking again was hard to watch. So much emotion. :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That episode was incredible, Jesus

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This show just keeps getting better and better. So good.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sure they hacked her computer / webcam like Ollie did to Angela.

She has an Alexa too so Amazon knows what she's beating off to.

Anyway hooray for Dom Wick.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 25, 2019

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

eke out posted:

ta ta for now ya flange

:boom:

- Deegan "Winston 'The Wolf' Wolfe" McGuire

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dom, that was rad ‘n cool. You’re cool.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Would watch the spinoff series.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah that whole Mr Robot and Elliot was good acting.. or just mirroring a bunch of poo poo I do in anxiety inducing situations.

IE- Hat grabbing/rocking back and forth saying I can't do it edit - this was a joke

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 25, 2019

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

thank you mr. director for not pasting a dumb film school shtick over the top of this good episode

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

fullroundaction posted:

How did he just walk into/through the museum without having to break in or deal with alarms etc.

Its Xenogears all over again

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Dom Wick owns

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

I'm glad that, with probably one exception, everything worked out for Dom in the end. :unsmith:

fullroundaction posted:

Could have been a non-literal thing - like it was Elliot's way of recalling what he hid and why.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So was it Mr Robot or young Elliot hiding the key in the flashback?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I think it was young Elliot talking to Mr. Robot.

E: It doesn't seem like Young Elliot is the 3rd personality. He's in that "board room" in the second episode talking to Elliot's mom, it's mentioned they're waiting on "the other one."

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

It was a bit weird with how Elliot was "trying to protect" Young Elliot while Mr. Robot was "trying to protect" Elliot. Multiple personalities are weird. At times it seemed like Elliot was also just another protection mechanism for Young Elliot. I guess when his mind splintered into three (of which we haven't met the third), Young Elliot remained buried and the three new guys took over his body, with the new repressed memories Elliot becoming the dominant personality.

So there is kinda four but Young Elliot is inactive. There was a really interesting moment where he was moving the bits of wood out of the way but eventually said "can you help me" to Elliot.. like I guess he can use the 'body' if he needs to, but he really, really doesn't want to. He just wants the other guys to live his life for him.

:(

Chadzok fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 25, 2019

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Does anyone think this theory about the third personality makes any sense?

https://www.bustle.com/p/this-clue-about-the-other-one-on-mr-robot-has-been-hiding-in-plain-sight-19374402

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
So we don't think young Elliot is a/the 3rd personality because ... we just don't want it to be that? I'm not sure I follow.

They showed us a third personality on the screen in the same scene he was interacting with Krista. It wasn't a flashback or disconnected scene or anything.

Forget the numbering system, Elliot (as we know him) may be 2 or 3 or whatever for Elliot Prime.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Better than anything else I've heard so far.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

fullroundaction posted:

So we don't think young Elliot is a/the 3rd personality because ... we just don't want it to be that? I'm not sure I follow.

They showed us a third personality on the screen in the same scene he was interacting with Krista. It wasn't a flashback or disconnected scene or anything.

Forget the numbering system, Elliot (as we know him) may be 2 or 3 or whatever for Elliot Prime.

Young Elliot and Elliot's Mom when he was young have been a thing since, I think it was the Season 1 finale, where they and Mr. Robot show up on a Times Square billboard to recreate a family photo and taunt Elliot about how they're all part of him or something, it's been a while. Then they didn't really show up again until this season, but they have already been established. People have just been calling whoever it is we haven't seen the third personality because it's just been Elliot and Mr. Robot that have actual control of the body, until now.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Was the Irishman the guy Dom was talking to on IRC? I faintly recall the name in the phone being the same name.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Yeah i think this is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Sounds good to me!