Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Purging the government sounds bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

baw posted:

TPUSA Constitution Facts

The President is the CEO of the United States, and the people who work for the federal government are his employees

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1198763539906859008

there's something interesting about the way people seem to have expanded the concept of "commander-in-chief" from being in command of the military, which is what it actually means, to being in command of everybody, which is a bizarre concept for anyone to embrace

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

baw posted:

TPUSA Constitution Facts

The President is the CEO of the United States, and the people who work for the federal government are his employees

fun fact you can't actually do this and i know you're going to say "TRUMP" but dude has been consistently undermined by his own bureaucracy from day one and they've accomplished diddly poo poo in "clearing out the resistance"

also they haven't filled most of the roles you need to be able to do this.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thanksgiving is zero pressure to do gifts or any poo poo like that, but you get a bomb rear end meal w yr family

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

shyduck posted:

Purging the government sounds bad

depends how ya do it

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

i'm so tired of the holidays already

Don't forget new year's! Three terrible holidays to get through.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

tacodaemon posted:

there's something interesting about the way people seem to have expanded the concept of "commander-in-chief" from being in command of the military, which is what it actually means, to being in command of everybody, which is a bizarre concept for anyone to embrace

They want Donald J. Trump, noted real estate failson, to be their king.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The federal government is just a couple of buildings right? Just haul each of them in front of a department head and ask them for a loyalty pledge and fire the ones who don't bing bong so simple

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

:chaostrump:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Squizzle posted:

thanksgiving is zero pressure to do gifts or any poo poo like that, but you get a bomb rear end meal w yr family

Many people's family are awful

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

baw posted:

TPUSA Constitution Facts

plz report this tweet for violence against a group of people

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Schnorkles posted:

The federal government is just a couple of buildings right? Just haul each of them in front of a department head and ask them for a loyalty pledge and fire the ones who don't bing bong so simple

Greg who runs the treasury? Cancelled.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Schnorkles posted:

fun fact you can't actually do this and i know you're going to say "TRUMP" but dude has been consistently undermined by his own bureaucracy from day one and they've accomplished diddly poo poo in "clearing out the resistance"

...tum

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schnorkles posted:

yes we know trump is an incompetent dictator

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Squizzle posted:

Unless your entire family voted for Trump, then thanksgiving is the hell of a thousand stupid ideas.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

depends how ya do it
This is true

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Squizzle posted:

I mean, zero pressure if you arent hosting it

also having a no politics policy is a godsend

so yeah, i like thanksgiving it owns but ymmv

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Addamere posted:

yes we know trump is an incompetent dictator

that poo poo Purdue pulled in DoA with moving the science department to bum gently caress nowhere? That stuff happened literally every week under Bush the first couple of years. It was targeted effort to remove everyone who wasn't on board.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

my weenus

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schnorkles posted:

i don't really care about thanksgiving, i deal with my wife's crazy family for a couple of hours and then go home and play video games
i unironically believe it should be called 'stuff your face and forget the genocide' day

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

the 'god emperor of the united states' poo poo they do on the internet isn't ironic

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

Creeping militarization of society

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I normally like thanksgiving I just found out yesterday I have to go to Ohio and im not dealing with it well

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I normally like thanksgiving I just found out yesterday I have to go to Ohio and im not dealing with it well

do not go to ohio

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

do not go to ohio

baw
Nov 5, 2008

no one HAS to go to ohio

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

baw posted:

no one HAS to go to ohio

turmp!!

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

a no politics policy is trash because everything lovely they do now comes with no explanation and you cant retaliate. terrible

“oh i guess you probably were the first to graduate in your family?”
“my mother is a lawyer, actually”
“no father oh hmmm”

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1198992494018453504

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Brohio

baw
Nov 5, 2008

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

baw posted:

TPUSA Constitution Facts

if anyone was paying attention during the obama administration, the right wing has been calling for every single thing they were accusing obama of doing to abuse power and implement fascism

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Pokemon has never been good and the franchise has coasted on nostalgia for the cartoon for decades

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i loving loved when mark zuckerberg started kind of running for president

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Peacoffee posted:

a no politics policy is trash because everything lovely they do now comes with no explanation and you cant retaliate. terrible

“oh i guess you probably were the first to graduate in your family?”
“my mother is a lawyer, actually”
“no father oh hmmm”

on second thought not being able to scream "TRUMP!" is a downsides to no politics chat

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

i loving loved when mark zuckerberg started kind of running for president

remember when he pretended to like iowa lmao

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

baw posted:

remember when he pretended to like iowa lmao

sweet baby rays

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

angerbeet posted:

Don't forget new year's! Three terrible holidays to get through.

And then it's only a month and a half until Valentine's day and what will become the greatest holiday in the US when Trump declares Presidents day to be all about him and not Washington and Lincoln.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

it just comes down to whether or not they like to argue and if so make the choice that will anger them the most re: rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

tacodaemon posted:

its not bizarre if you luv 2 fascism