Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I'm not fine, I'm torn!

I did know that, but it was still A MOMENT when I found out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
fleta what's the latest on fan bingbing i've got a chinese student in one of my classes and that's the most current news i got. second most current news is "do you know the cinematic duo The Shaw Brothers? no? they made movies in your country, around the time of your parents birth. this is two and a half cultural revolutions ago, by your calendar."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/XeniDraws/status/1198649773466800129

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Read another book :smugmrgw:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Read another book :smugmrgw:
no

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AqaeYputZ0

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i can't even figure out which version i like more, they've both got solid points in each other's favor. natalie's is definitely pop and radio friendly, but the original is a lot more emotionally honest even if you sometimes lose out on the impact of the lyrics.

Ednaswap's original demo is also very close to the Natalie version. The same producer worked on both and the original recording of Natalie's is using Ednaswap's bassist.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Who is this guy? I thought I saw him in another meme

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Those better not be Linda Blair’s tits and I’m just now finding out about it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

fleta what's the latest on fan bingbing i've got a chinese student in one of my classes and that's the most current news i got. second most current news is "do you know the cinematic duo The Shaw Brothers? no? they made movies in your country, around the time of your parents birth. this is two and a half cultural revolutions ago, by your calendar."

Last I heard, she was at least allowed to go to events and make appearances again, but I don't know anything else.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

This ended way too soon

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fartbox posted:

Everyone knew that

you loving out of touch clowns

Never heard of Natalie Imbruglia, Ednaswap or Torn so this was pretty much :shrug:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is this the loving Butthorn?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Never heard of Natalie Imbruglia, Ednaswap or Torn so this was pretty much :shrug:

Were you living in a secluded cabin in 1997-98

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

Were you living in a secluded cabin in 1997-98

While he was living in a secluded cabin in 1998, I was studying the Blade.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hell yea chintu

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If you’re a generation older than “Torn” you can substitute Soft Cell's Tainted Love.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

If you’re a generation older than “Torn” you can substitute Soft Cell's Tainted Love.

wait what?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Dave Grool posted:

wait what?
Gloria Jones in 1965.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

If you are part of Generation X you probably grew up with people covering each other songs within a year and being more popular than the original performer. I think it's was quite a thing in Europe in particular, since you could take a song sung in a different language and do your own take without the audience caring.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Nov 25, 2019

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Or Tiffany’s “I think we’re alone now”

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Or Mony Mony

Or pretty much anything, music is about as original as Hollywood these days

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A lot of people don't know that Smells Like Teen Spirit is a Violent Femmes cover.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ugh, it's like the day you realize Dave Matthews didn't write "All Along the Watchtower," like what the hell, am I right?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
actually the popular track リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュ is just Diana Ross’ It’s Your Move slowed down

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Fellis posted:

actually the popular track リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュ is just Diana Ross’ It’s Your Move slowed down

That's the stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Holy poo poo; Piss version is actually the original and the Cranberries are covering it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Ugh, it's like the day you realize Dave Matthews didn't write "All Along the Watchtower," like what the hell, am I right?

That time you find out it's actually from 150,000 years ago

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Data Graham posted:

That feeling when time and possibility seem meaningless and you're suddenly, FINALLY ready to live without fear, so you open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Data Graham posted:

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Girls just wanna have fun is a cover.

Originally written by a dude.

https://youtu.be/5aLNwOxPsjg

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQZZqAHJiE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Girls just wanna have fun is a cover.

Originally written by a dude.

https://youtu.be/5aLNwOxPsjg

I was reading the Cyndi Lauper wikipedia page at work today for some reason and it did say she changed the lyrics to make them more feminist

e: wow the original is actually a pretty cool power pop song