Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

extradite THIS! posted:

Lmao just realized I totally missed Graves said ROH champion in his tweet. For the record, I didn't think Ranallo has been ROH champion :sweatdrop:

Unless I'm missing :thejoke: the ROH Champion is in reference to Nigel McGuinness (the greatest ROH Champion of all time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Unless I'm missing :thejoke: the ROH Champion is in reference to Nigel McGuinness (the greatest ROH Champion of all time).

Yeah I'm aware, I just managed to misread the tweet and thought it said "ROH commentator" or something.

Basically, please disregard all my posts today they are dumb!!!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Like him or not, Mauro is the best wwe commentator working currently. The company can’t stop loving with him when he doesn’t need wwe.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

Like him or not, Mauro is the best wwe commentator working currently. The company can’t stop loving with him when he doesn’t need wwe.

It's also not his fault the other two can't be professional and ask him to ease off so they can talk if they want to.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Odd way to spell Xavier

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

tao of lmao posted:

this is why they gently caress with him

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Those calls were bad and his references are weird and forced but I don’t really watch wwe so I’m content in saying Mauro rules

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Mauro is an exemplary combat sports commentator, he is a good wrestling commentator and can force poo poo at times. Holy Bleep needs to go.

Corey Graves cant carry Heenans jock and has no standing to say anyone talks over their coworkers considering he screamed over Renee for months.

As someone with depression and anxiety and horrible self esteem issues a comment like that from a coworker would put me in a hole that would take me days to climb out of. My heart sank when I read the tweet because I knew it was going to set Mauro off. Hes too good for the company.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Does Mauro actually say "holy bleep" because yikes if so

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

https://streamable.com/y2mzs

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Twice. It's bad. Just ask to say poo poo.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Karma Tornado posted:

this is why they gently caress with him

I also wouldn’t be surprised if this is the reason there’s bitterness from Corey Graves et al. - if WWE decides to cut Corey that’s pretty much it for his career in sports commentary. But Mauro doesn’t need WWE, it’s something he chooses to do.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Mauro is the best possible announcer for an indieriffic product because he sells the “ridiculous spectacle” angle rather than the “struggle on ye determined sportsmen… and may the best among us prove their mettle” bullshit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Literally worse than Matt Striker

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Mauro is the best possible announcer for an indieriffic product because he sells the “ridiculous spectacle” angle rather than the “struggle on ye determined sportsmen… and may the best among us prove their mettle” bullshit

Agreed, and nothing he says is more out there than JR's white nonsense calls.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

:allears: Jervis is too pure for this dumb world.

I really do hope he can get a spot in AEW or something (I know he’s done some spots for Impact so a steady gig there would be fine too, but I watch Dynamite more so I selfishly want the Sweet Man on my TV every week). Just let him keep doing this gimmick on a larger scale; much like Orange Cassidy before him, I can’t imagine it would take any tweaking to get his character over.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The more big dogs join the big leagues the closer we are to John blud calling a dynamite

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Critical posted:

Corey Graves cant carry Heenans jock and has no standing to say anyone talks over their coworkers considering he screamed over Renee for months.
to paraphrase scott steiner, even as heenan lays six feet under, he's still stylin and profilin and there's one thing corey couldn't steal and that was his class. so corey graves, remember this, you're the biggest rear end-kissing, back-stabbing, butt-sucking bastard in this business and you belong where you're at in wwe because wwe sucks and so do you

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

as long as mauro keeps shoving MF DOOM references into his commentary, then, well, hell-- i reckon that fella's alright with me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mauro sucks in WWE but that's not really his fault, everyone sucks in WWE. He's still the best commentator they have and the only one with real world relevancy. Corey is so wildly outclassed by Mauro.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1198985850337550341

I agree with the Spanish God

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

BodyMassageMachine posted:

:allears: Jervis is too pure for this dumb world.

I really do hope he can get a spot in AEW or something (I know he’s done some spots for Impact so a steady gig there would be fine too, but I watch Dynamite more so I selfishly want the Sweet Man on my TV every week). Just let him keep doing this gimmick on a larger scale; much like Orange Cassidy before him, I can’t imagine it would take any tweaking to get his character over.

they should only hire jervis if they're willing to license mr brightside for his theme

i'm not as down on aew's themes as some people but they definitely need more singalongs

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Graves is a piece of poo poo and he is wwe personified

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

John Dudebro posted:

they should only hire jervis if they're willing to license mr brightside for his theme

i'm not as down on aew's themes as some people but they definitely need more singalongs

I'm 100% in agreement here, he'd need that poo poo. I don't really see him as a full-time hire as he doesn't have the same allure to do "normal" poo poo if need be on a regular basis but if he was brought in for a one-time PPV and they could get the music licensed then absolutely put him in like, a 6-man tag.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/1199016032452653058?s=19

This is probably not a fight Graves wants to pick. Especially since Meltzer isn't the only person reporting the Mauro stuff. Pollock also heard the same story.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/1199016032452653058?s=19

This is probably not a fight Graves wants to pick. Especially since Meltzer isn't the only person reporting the Mauro stuff. Pollock also heard the same story.

Right but now the standard WWE response to Meltzer reporting literally anything is to have their employees go on Twitter and say “yeah whatever, DAVE. Call me when you’ve gone toe to toe in the ring!”

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

Agreed, and nothing he says is more out there than JR's white nonsense calls.

I think the problem (or at least my problem) with Mauro is that he just loving yells EVERYTHING constantly. It feels like there's barely a moment when he's just talking like a normal human, and instead everything is just turned all the way up at all times. It makes matches exhausting to listen to.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol as if Dave doesn’t have a direct loving line to Frank Shamrock. Dave’s reporting is less reliable than before but I’d bet the house on this one.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/wetheindie/status/1199021480887107584

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/frankshamrock/status/1199013867692548101

What an absolute piece of poo poo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Corey Graves right now:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

He's seriously a massive child right now because he can't keep his mouth shut.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

My phone works buddy, as evidenced by my tweeting criticism that would have played better in a phone call.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Maki...no. :(

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1199018994470023169

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I like how he's blaming Meltzer for frank being mad at him as if Mauro isn't friends with frank directly. loving coward

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Corey must be a paper subscriber if he only just now read the Cornette story in this weeks newsletter.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:vince:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm pretty sure she already learned that word in a past tweet. this whole thing is a work

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Corey complaining about Meltzer and Shamrock not going to him directly is hilariously tone-deaf considering his post that started this whole shitfest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You should of told me privately like a man that you didn't like me publicly humiliating someone is WWE's entire deal right now and it sucks.