Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

fuf posted:

Does anyone know where I can get one or two A3 "Vote Labour" posters for my window?

The Labour website only seems to sell them in packs of 100 (!) and it's like £13.50 once you add delivery:
https://shop.labour.org.uk/product/a3-posters
ask your CLP (or whichever one you're volunteering with), they might have some spare

ed: borb

the bearded tit don't sign your posts

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The Americans didn't ask for him to be extradited until 2018. He went into the embassy in 2012 after losing his appeal against extradition to Sweden.

(For clarity's sake, I absolutely do not believe he should be extradited to the US, and now that the Swedes have dropped their extradition claim, once his sentence for breaching bail is up he should be released)

I agree with that, but that doesn't change the fact that he's currently in the prison (ostensibly at least) due to awaiting extradition to the US. He's already sat through his sentence for the 2012 runner. A bit pedantic but that's why I phrased it the way I did.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

ThomasPaine posted:

This poo poo is why people like Rachel Riley and Weetman get me so riled up. They will never accept that they had a hand in creating this conditions for this violence, it's all just a funny game to them.

they know about the violence and they are happy about it because they are deranged and have convinced themselves that labour wants to gas the jews

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:fuckoff:
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1199028851759697920

e: forgot

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Pencils R Cool posted:

On Kuenssberg, the Mainstream Media and Vox Pops

Source: https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/11/interfering-with-laura-kuenssberg/

Never heard of this Craig Murray chap before (so apologies if I'm endorsing an article from Milkshake Duck) but I found this to be a good read.

In my experience of certain types of public servant (who I would include the BBC in), their prevailing mode of politics is "elitist". Educated woman from Richmond can't be an "ordinary person" ; she's too educated!

Disregard that demographic change has made this substantially less true than it was 40 years ago, the mission of the public services is to tell you poor ignorant plebs the correct way to think.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
aaargh the irony, i am slain

ed: reminder, RLB goes live on the call about the Green Industrial Revolution at 7pm

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 25, 2019

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

XMNN posted:

lol that I genuinely can't tell if this is a joke or not

https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/status/1199021076443017216?s=19

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

im confused, did the mail produce something good?

im scared

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Apraxin posted:

USPol, but Trump just called a surprise news conference and I’m getting unmoored from reality watching it:
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffmason1/status/1199019645656862721

I think if Conan actually knew what was going on he would lose his mind.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Gorn Myson posted:

He also wrote a pretty brutal review of Johnson's biography of Churchill (which was obviously written and marketed to draw comparisons between the two) which is a lot of fun.

I am also a racist, homophobic alcoholic. We're like two peas in a pod :smug:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

ThomasPaine posted:

lol I always forget americans give way of a poo poo about the british royal family than any brit doe

Everyone wants to marry a prince! :swoon:

...Er, maybe not that one :gonk:

:sadpedo:

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Hey there thread, Glasgoon here, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Just wanted to share that both my parents (left-ish but pretty iffy on Corbyn) just told me they've now committed to Labour 100%, all because my mum was born a couple of days before the end of the 50s and was pissed about the pension age increase. Apparently that particular announcement's gone down a storm with all their boomer friends :thumbsup:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Hmm.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Braggart posted:

Everyone wants to marry a prince! :swoon:

...Er, maybe not that one :gonk:

:sadpedo:
:sparkles: When I grow up I want to be a princess.
:pedo: What if I said you could be one right now?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

CGI Stardust posted:

ed: borb

the bearded tit don't sign your posts

Erm, did he eat his little birdie friends? :ohdear:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Braggart posted:

Birds can often floof out both to increase their presence if they feel threatened, and to trap air to act as insulation in the cold. It could be doing either / both, but it's rare to see a fat wild bird.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage posted:

but it's rare to see a fat wild bird.
You can't prove that was always the case.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Idgi

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

1488 is the nazi number

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

1488 is one of the Nazi Numbers because 14 is how many Words there are in the 'Fourteen Words', while 88 represents the eighth letter of the alphabet (h) twice, meaning Heil Hitler in this instance.

e; I'n just pleased they haven't done something with Hitler's birthday because then the Americans would do it as 4/20 and that would not be good at all

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We must figure out which one is the number that comes next after thirteen. Hi Hitler!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Guavanaut posted:

We must figure out which one is the number that comes next after thirteen. Hi Hitler!

There's no number thirteen it goes 12, 12b, 14.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Shocking Freyja erasure from the person I'd least expect it from. Where's your Friday the Fuckteenth spirit?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

mediaphage posted:

Birds can often floof out both to increase their presence if they feel threatened, and to trap air to act as insulation in the cold. It could be doing either / both, but it's rare to see a fat wild bird.

I was referring to both the floofing and the fact that the bird has a feather in its beak :D

Edit: Not that birdfacts aren't cool though :)

Braggart fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 25, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Guavanaut posted:

Shocking Freyja erasure from the person I'd least expect it from. Where's your Friday the Fuckteenth spirit?

I would never erase my precious rat dragoon! Burmecia forever!!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

:sparkles: When I grow up I want to be a princess.
:pedo: What if I said you could be one right now?

Why is Andrew sparkles and Brenda the pedo? ;)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Did you actually find a posadist?
I found post sadism, which is making someone read an entire twisto architecture post without snacks.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

If my mum can be won over, everything is to play for
Guys? I'm drawing a blank here but we can't leave a your mum joke hanging like this.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Braggart posted:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bundy posted:

Why is Andrew sparkles and Brenda the pedo? ;)
It's hereditary.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

https://twitter.com/electoralreform/status/1198965889439346688?s=20

I don't know anymore if hope is a lie. But I'm gonna be sceptical just because I wanna live if poo poo goes wrong on the 12th.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
This is just taking the piss.

18/1 on the squirrel killa. Somehow 22/1 on Farage. And lmfao at Red Ed - 33/1.

I decided to take a punt on turnout between 75-80%. Best levels since 1992 c'mon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Kingdom_general_elections

Found that quite interesting, last time we had 80%+ turnout was the 50s. Big battles with Churchill.

Fake E: Yes, yes, don't bet on what you want to happen. But by jove if Corbyn doesn't get his stonking majority I need to at least be content it was because of the log jam of walkers blocking access to the polling stations.

minema
May 31, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

There's no number thirteen it goes 12, 12b, 14.

The hospital I work at does this with bed numbers and it seems unnecessary but maybe easier than dealing with patients asking to be moved all the time.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sounds like that would introduce more room for mistakes than it would save with moving people.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is such an absurd spike that it looks like a bug or an error:

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1199050670365642753

Apparently Stormzy and some Youtuber both posted messages urging their followers to register, so if it's real hooooly poo poo that's a lot of potential young voters

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1199049957665386501
A pro read thread lol

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

If my mum can be won over, everything is to play for
Guys? I'm drawing a blank here but we can't leave a your mum joke hanging like this.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Heya Folks!

Been at Warhammer World for the last 4 days, having a grand old time. I think (and hope) that it's going to be a labour as largest party situation, but I am doing my part to ensure that it is a Lab majority by Christmas!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

Heya Folks!

Been at Warhammer World for the last 4 days, having a grand old time. I think (and hope) that it's going to be a labour as largest party situation, but I am doing my part to ensure that it is a Lab majority by Christmas!

Rock on pal! Glad you enjoyed your Warhams :)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Josef bugman posted:

Heya Folks!

Can't fool us, you're the megabeard what was on QT!

(Glad you're having a good time JB, keep fighting the good fight, by which I mean for Mazdamundi, and also the Labour fight!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Junior G-man posted:

https://twitter.com/electoralreform/status/1198965889439346688?s=20

I don't know anymore if hope is a lie. But I'm gonna be sceptical just because I wanna live if poo poo goes wrong on the 12th.

If you want a cautionary note, don't forget that a lot of those registrations are just going to be people who've moved house since 2017. There's been a few people on Twitter who've basically taken that as "2 million more Labour voters" and pointing out Labour were less than a million votes behind in 2017.

Now a lot of those people will be Labour voters, and a fair few of them are going to be new voters, but at the same time that demographic skews *really* heavily into seats we already hold. Now a popular vote victory isn't off the cards, but it still probably doesn't translate to an outright majority.