Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blackbeard will get to Raftel first and then the final arc will be Luffy and the Strawhats beating Teach and his crew's asses for the title while the big final war rages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Now that we've confirmed that the Mountain God survived getting sliced open horizontally, there's no way Mountain God Jr. isn't going to come charging down the slope, fully-grown and ready to crush some usurpers.

Also, I know itachi is just the Japanese word for weasel, but the first time I read Port Itachi, I thought "Haha, nice Naruto reference."

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I prefer Whitebeard's flowing goldilocks over Oden's dumb Lotad haircut, poo poo's dumb

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Nessus posted:

Long have I prayed that there would be another Davy Back Fight for incredible stakes.

Roger wins Oden, but Whitebeard keeps dog and cat. I wouldn't even mind if this flashback lasts for a year just to fit it in.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Parrotine posted:

I prefer Whitebeard's flowing goldilocks over Oden's dumb Lotad haircut, poo poo's dumb
I assumed it was meant as a cheeky reference to kazaori-eboshi hats that Japanese nobility wore

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Addicting is the past participle version of the verb “addict”, and can be used as a adjective to describe things that wouldn’t normally cause a physiological dependence but are habit forming for whatever reason. It’s informal, but a valid usage of the word.
Addictive is the actual adjective form of the word addict and can be used to describe things that wouldn’t normally cause a physiological dependence but are habit forming for whatever reason.
In the context of describing collecting coins in a one piece video game in an online forum, yeah, they are functionally the same.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

i flunked out posted:

Addicting is the past participle version of the verb “addict”, and can be used as a adjective to describe things that wouldn’t normally cause a physiological dependence but are habit forming for whatever reason. It’s informal, but a valid usage of the word.
Addictive is the actual adjective form of the word addict and can be used to describe things that wouldn’t normally cause a physiological dependence but are habit forming for whatever reason.
In the context of describing collecting coins in a one piece video game in an online forum, yeah, they are functionally the same.

might be worth your time to look up the difference between a verb and an adjective

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Luffy wouldn't give a poo poo about dumbass semantics when it was clear what was meant and neither should any of you

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

march 27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-IchTd5Cc

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Bleck posted:

might be worth your time to look up the difference between a verb and an adjective

The fact that present participles exist make this level of condescension dumb.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 25, 2019

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mmmmmmmmmmmm gently caress yeah i cant wait

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
One piece PW4 over Borderlands 3 (steam release) 100%. my birthday weekend will be spent punching mooks

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Still think it's dumb the Vinsmokes are all separate characters

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Ryaomon posted:

Still think it's dumb the Vinsmokes are all separate characters

sorry but you are wrong. I assume you fear they will all play alike but they shouldn't.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah they have completely different fighting styles, and they're the Vinsmokes, they would be throwing money away if they didn't include them all.

Katakuri apparently being DLC is super dumb but I will still buy this game and play the poo poo out of it. I got PW3 on sale but never got around to it because it was on PS4. With this on Switch plus playable Carrot, I have no choice but to 100% it now.

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah they have completely different fighting styles, and they're the Vinsmokes, they would be throwing money away if they didn't include them all.

Katakuri apparently being DLC is super dumb but I will still buy this game and play the poo poo out of it. I got PW3 on sale but never got around to it because it was on PS4. With this on Switch plus playable Carrot, I have no choice but to 100% it now.

Where did you see that? (Katakuri being DLC)

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
Sounds like hes part of the season pass

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah that's where I saw it. Maybe it's just costume DLC or something but that's doubtful. I don't care for DLC in most cases but no way I don't get the season pass for this

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Dance epidemic tonight
It says early release so it might be one of those things where normally you have to unlock him somehow in the game but this just lets you use him from the start.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
dont like that 4 of the 5 vinsmokes are dlc. come on that's just blatant as gently caress. to be fair toei is known for that kind of dlc but gently caress. no. stop.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

Reading it again you could def interpret it as the characters are going to be released as like free additions later but if you get the deluxe version/ season pass you get them before they officially drop.

Most likely scenario I think is that they will probably be a couple bux each but you get them early and for free with the deluxe/season pass

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Dance epidemic tonight
Just found this on PlayAsia:
All Early Release characters will be made available in advance via the download code. The same characters are obtainable via normal game progression.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

Benevolent

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

AkumaHokoru posted:

sorry but you are wrong. I assume you fear they will all play alike but they shouldn't.

No its the fact that they're definitely going to cut out actually good characters instead

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

perona is not on the playable characters list so this is garbage to me

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Dance epidemic tonight

AfroGunsou posted:

perona is not on the playable characters list so this is garbage to me

But Kidd is so we don't have that super awkward scene in Sabaody with just Luffy and Law again.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Ryaomon posted:

No its the fact that they're definitely going to cut out actually good characters instead

they are gonna cut characters that haven't been around for a while (sorry magellen but you can go. reiju is a better replacement) I don't mind cuts cause WE GONNA GET APOO if anything pokemon is a great lesson. cut the characters you can cut before people expect them all to be there to avoid problems.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

naginalJJ posted:

All Early Release characters will be made available in advance via the download code. The same characters are obtainable via normal game progression.
Oh bless, that is very obtuse wording. I don't want the codes then, I like to unlock stuff on my own.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

UNG of course Katakuri is behind a paywall. I just wanna play as my munchy mochi man.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

UNG of course Katakuri is behind a paywall. I just wanna play as my munchy mochi man.

naginalJJ posted:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Bleck posted:

do you even know what the present participle is?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

i flunked out posted:

do you even know what the present participle is?

Bleck posted:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i dont know any of this poo poo nor do i care, but i DO know that i like one piece.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

language is nonsense and anything that conveys your meaning is valid

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AfroGunsou posted:

language is nonsense and anything that conveys your meaning is valid

agreed, there's no need for arguments between nakama like this

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Nakama?

I've always assumed that anyone on this hellsite would sell me out for bus fare and a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for Arbys.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

if you did you would know that present participles act as adjectives.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

*Luffy voice* I don't want to diagram a boring sentence like that!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

It says “original story in Wano” so I guess it’s not going to be following the anime/manga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

It says “original story in Wano” so I guess it’s not going to be following the anime/manga?

Probably going to be like what PW3 did with Dressrossa, seeing as Whole Cake Island looks like it'll be present in full (or as full as Pirate Warriors usually is).