Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The day I joined the mbmbam group someone posted a picture of their dick in a sock and when people were yelling at him to take it down here was like "No this is a joke from this week's episode the brothers probably think it's funny, I'll take it down if they personally ask me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

McElroy community (and the McElroys) are the type of people that use Facebook in 2019.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The brothers and family don’t look at the Facebook groups anymore for good reasons. I guess Justin uses Facebook for his minion memes though

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

starting a rival group The "The Adventure Zone" Zone But Blue Lives Matter

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

George H.W. oval office posted:

The brothers and family don’t look at the Facebook groups anymore for good reasons. I guess Justin uses Facebook for his minion memes though

I think I'm gonna follow their example. Laughing at idiots isn't worth it, not if people are being mean to my precious cops.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eke out posted:

starting a rival group The "The Adventure Zone" Zone But Blue Lives Matter

Be too but for MBMBaM, in starting My "My Brother My Brother and Me" and Me and Cops Welcome

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Travis is going to introduce a new character in TAZ.

Hey everyone I'm [a last name as a first name].
-Why are you dressed so different?
Oh this? It's my uniform, I'm a police officer.
-Well gosh, you are a cop, but we promise that we won't dive any deeper into that aspect of your character now that we've acknowledged how your uniform is noteworthy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think I'm gonna follow their example. Laughing at idiots isn't worth it, not if people are being mean to my precious cops.

You were the one laughing at them FOR being mean to cops, though?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Travis is a cop

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Toebone posted:

Travis is a cop

If Travis was a cop he'd be one of those that patrol a park in shorts and a bike or possibly segway.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Morpheus posted:

If Travis was a cop he'd be one of those that patrol a park in shorts and a bike or possibly segway.

If you gaze long into the Blart, the Blart will gaze back into you.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Travis would be new boot goofin 100% of the time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Travis was the cop in the tiny Town they took over, right? Going around in his little go-kart?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

wizzardstaff posted:

If you gaze long into the Blart, the Blart will gaze back into you.

Coincidentally, it's that time of the year again. My gf and I watched Blart 2 again, and wow, still just an absolutely terrible movie. Weird, pointless vignettes, unlikeable characters, utterly terrible character choices. Can't wait to hear the boys struggle to come up with something more to discuss.

Also I have seen it a few times now, and I could not tell you what happens after the daughter and Layne escape from the bad guys. I guess they get caught again? No idea.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Travis was the cop in the tiny Town they took over, right? Going around in his little go-kart?

No Travis and his boys were dressed up like the bravehearts, Griffin was a carboy and Justin was in full cop/park ranger getup.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Facebook groups in general tend to devolve into madness. I was in a local indie writer group for advice and support for a little while and someone politely asked how to assess which genre she should put her book into, because it contained romance but that wasn’t the main focus so she didn’t want her work to be viewed as a “romance novel” because of the implications that has. The entire group (which was 90% romance authors) had a meltdown and dog piled on her because how dare she imply their writing was trash (she didn’t and apologized but it was never enough). I quit the group that same day after letting them know ”y’all are nuts”.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The real place to find drama is local interest group discord

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

NextDoor is amazing for local area nonsense as well. All groups are a mistake

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Morpheus posted:

Coincidentally, it's that time of the year again. My gf and I watched Blart 2 again, and wow, still just an absolutely terrible movie. Weird, pointless vignettes, unlikeable characters, utterly terrible character choices. Can't wait to hear the boys struggle to come up with something more to discuss.

Also I have seen it a few times now, and I could not tell you what happens after the daughter and Layne escape from the bad guys. I guess they get caught again? No idea.

I went on youtube to watch the banana scene, and the comments are full of people complaining a out how the movie got a bad rap and people nowadays just don’t appreciate good comedy. It was horrifying.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I have never seen Blart 2 and never will, which I think improves the Death Blart experience.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Munch Squad this week is (Borat voice) real good

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Moon Slayer posted:

I have never seen Blart 2 and never will, which I think improves the Death Blart experience.

This is my approach as well

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Morpheus posted:

This is why I stay as far away as I loving can from these groups. For people that insist on being accepting to anyone, they sure as hell dogpile anyone that doesn't agree with them.

So much for the tolerant left.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Idgaf about any facebook fan page but lol at whining about then being mean to a cop.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

I've been assuming that it was like The Worst Idea Of All Time and the hosts would regularly admonish the audience to, under no circumstances, actually watch the movie.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

As long as it poses no personal risk to yourself, then I strongly encourage insulting every cop you meet.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Being mean to cops is cool and good.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I once told a long boring story to a cop who asked why I was standing around on the street corner, it wasted several minutes out of his day that were not spent oppressing folks, thank you for coming to my ted talk on activism and praxis.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

docbeard posted:

I've been assuming that it was like The Worst Idea Of All Time and the hosts would regularly admonish the audience to, under no circumstances, actually watch the movie.

Oh, no I'm pretty sure they regularly recommend you stay away from this terrible film. But I was exposed to it before they started the podcast, and then, like some sort of sickly parasitic infection, it drove me to get my gf to watch it after she listened to the podcast.

Though she did say there was a certain charm to hearing them talk about this terrible film while having absolutely no context for it other than what they reference.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I did watch Blart 2 before listening to the first podcast. It’s not THAT bad...

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

docbeard posted:

They say to watch the movie in the first episode of th podcast, though as time goes by they back off on this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will never know the true beauty of the gross banana

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

you come in here with a tale of madness from the facebook groups and it turns out to just be “people told a cop to gently caress off”? I don’t get out of bed for anything less than “drawing taako with green skin is antisemitic” these days

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
How does this compare to “Justin’s bean diet is offensive to fat people?”

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Soup du Jour posted:

you come in here with a tale of madness from the facebook groups and it turns out to just be “people told a cop to gently caress off”? I don’t get out of bed for anything less than “drawing taako with green skin is antisemitic” these days

Squack McQuack posted:

How does this compare to “Justin’s bean diet is offensive to fat people?”

I find this poo poo to be incredibly irritating because people refer to stuff like this like "ha, isn't this fanbase craaaaazy?" and it inevitably turns but to be something that one or two idiots said that for some reason got blown wildly out of proportion and somehow morphed into being emblematic of some huge contingent of people that doesn't actually exist. It's nothing.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Piell posted:

They say to watch the movie in the first episode of th podcast, though as time goes by they back off on this

Yeah I relistened to all the episodes recently and it's a stark contrast from the first episode, where they tell everyone to stop listening immediately and go watch the movie first, to later episodes where they beg people not to watch it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Toebone posted:

Travis is a cop

Like all of the balance arcs which were super obviously just the plot of Griffins favorite video games we're going to get a graduation arc which is just the straight-up police academy movies

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Ariong posted:

I find this poo poo to be incredibly irritating because people refer to stuff like this like "ha, isn't this fanbase craaaaazy?" and it inevitably turns but to be something that one or two idiots said that for some reason got blown wildly out of proportion and somehow morphed into being emblematic of some huge contingent of people that doesn't actually exist. It's nothing.

It's enough to turn the McElroys completely away from all the official groups, despite having interacted with them in the past, so I'd say it's something.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ariong posted:

The Taako complaints became way more widespread than "one or two idiots" among certain parts of the fan community, at the time. Just because it's not a thing in this thread doesn't mean it was nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
A friend of mine helped start a women-only Facebook group for Flop House fans, and it was a fun little community for a year or two until a mass exodus from some McElroy/Max Fun group in the wake of all that Still Buffering drama a while back. The flood of new members, many of whom were totally batshit and went out of their way to cause drama and "call out" other members for no good reason, led her and most of the original founders to completely quit the group in disgust. It was a bummer.