Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Songbearer posted:

Modded Skyrim lets you do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwXDxI1SAo

Here's my sad video

Very cool. I always wanted RPGs to do this, I think maybe a couple on Kinect did but it didn't work great?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

treat posted:

Turns out the mid-tier PC I built 2 years ago is precisely what HL:A calls for with recommended specs. I'm just bummed about spending 1k on an Index when the 2020 iteration is bound to be untethered inside-out with actual real-time hand tracking with windshield wipers and a weed dispenser.

Inside-out tracking isn't the best way to track though, its a compromise between ease of use and tracking performance. If you have a Lighthouse system (Various Vives or Index) you can put your controllers behind your back and they are still tracked perfectly. With a Rift S or Quest (or any inside-out tracking solution that tracks from the headset), they can lose tracking and have to approximate. Most of the time this is absolutely fine as chances are you are just reaching behind your back to grab something ON your back, but can get odd depending on what you are doing with your hands.

Why inside-out is so compelling is you don't have to deal with the setup, there are no boxes to stick on your walls or anything, you just put the HMD on and ta da. That said, I've had my OG Lighthouses up in the corners of my office for years now and has not been an issue in the slightest.

Wireless though hell yeah.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009
I have watched the trailer for Alyx like 3-4 times a day since it was released. It's so good.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah I'm really digging the new affect for when the headcrabs warp in

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If they ever implement full-body tracking, maybe we'll finally be able to punt/stomp headcrabs

Wonder if we'll see zombified Metrocops

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

If they ever implement full-body tracking, maybe we'll finally be able to punt/stomp headcrabs

Wonder if we'll see zombified Metrocops

There's leg tracking attachments for the Vive but they're stupid expensive and not supported in a ton of games.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

There's leg tracking attachments for the Vive but they're stupid expensive and not supported in a ton of games.

Only use of them I've seen is Beat Saber and Pistolwhip

Given how wonky bodies look with "immersive first person" mods, I can see why it's low priority most of the time

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Vinylshadow posted:

Only use of them I've seen is Beat Saber and Pistolwhip

Given how wonky bodies look with "immersive first person" mods, I can see why it's low priority most of the time

Uh, you mean streamers?

Beat saber and pistol whip don't actually support leg trackers, right?

That's just streamer software, and the same would work for any VR game. But no games support them because almost nobody has them.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I've seen Beat Saber videos where the avatar was full body tracked and rendered in-game. Guess there's mods for this.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Combat Pretzel posted:

I've seen Beat Saber videos where the avatar was full body tracked and rendered in-game. Guess there's mods for this.

This is with mods for beat saber or LIV Avatars for any game that supports LIV.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The beat saber videos like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ymv2vsrQP4

Are only to bring full body tracking into the streamed video, so the avatar can dance properly, otherwise the feet just sort of float around while the arms and head move. The game itself has no idea about the feet or what to do with them.

I believe the only game made with foot tracking in mind is VRChat. The streaming software LIV can use foot tracking to insert an avatar in 3rd person into a stream of pretty much most VR games (like the vid above), but the feet are available to and used only by LIV

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Are there any penis trackers yet?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Every tracker is a penis tracker if you try hard enough.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Blade and Sorcery added foot tracking a couple of months ago, if you ever wanted to stab someone through the chest and then pull the sword back out of them with your leg holding them down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnDDQRV_8Aw

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate

Zaphod42 posted:

But no games support them because almost nobody has them.

Blade and Sorcery supports kicking people in the nuts.

Blade and Sorcery is fun, but yeah there's not much else. If the new Half Life supports punting head crabs it would make me unbelievably happy.

You guys don't understand just how satisfying it is to kick poo poo in VR.

And since Valve is the only one with a system that supports those trackers, I wonder if they'll be one of the few to bother implementing them.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 25, 2019

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I should reiterate that although the novelty seems cool, nobody who isn't made of money should buy them because you need three for lower body tracking (one per ankle and one on the hip) and they're $100 USD apiece lol.

So $300 to kick people in Blade and Sorcery or be even weirder in VR Chat but not much else. Like I'm all for VR but that's a bit much for even me.

VR streamers inserting avatars into mixed reality gameplay and whatnot doesn't use the trackers and the software they use isn't high fidelity enough to track for gameplay purposes, just "Replace me with an anime girl after the fact" purposes.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 25, 2019

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Roomscale VR is insanely cool and solves a whole lot of issues with VR as a platform, but it requires

a) a fair amount of open space in this housing market. If you're a clever apartment dweller you can move stuff around and have a multi-use floor space but for most peoples' circumstances its a nonzero amount of setup
b) a powerful gaming PC. yeah the Quest is a thing, but also: lmao, get real.
c) a trip to Home Depot for some of what i would sincerely consider essential supplies (you REALLY want overhead cable runnings and pulleys to keep the cords taut, and a wall mount to hang the HMD on when not in use is a good idea too). RIP your security deposit if you aren't handy with paint and plaster.

You're out basically the cost of a home theater for a fuckin' cyberpunk headset with at present niche support--though I hope HL:A is the first of a few titles to start changing that. Even as an enthusiast I sympathize with a lot of peoples' reticence to buy into it. It's a significant problem and will remain that way for the forseeable future and reasonable people can see that investment and go "gently caress that!"

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 25, 2019

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
All that said, Hellblade VR with some good headphones is an absolutely sublime experience, FORM is drat near mystical, and roomscale Superhot with some sand weights is quite possibly the greatest pilates routine ever devised in human history.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Vive trackers and VR controllers in general are extremely high precision, to the order of sub millimeter. Games just don’t use multiples for tracking yet because they aren’t ubiquitous.
I use a pair to make a custom controller and one for my streaming camera so I can keep calibration even if I move it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Willie Tomg posted:

Even as an enthusiast I sympathize with a lot of peoples' reticence to buy into that. It's a significant problem and will remain that way for the forseeable future and reasonable people can see that investment and go "gently caress that!"

having wires and pulleys and poo poo suspended in your living room is extremely not required for roomscale PC VR. Do you have: a gaming PC, a room and (currently) $350? congrats, you can have roomscale VR.

(also the Quest is awesome and absolutely does roomscale VR)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I got the chance to play around with a mixed reality headset for a bit and it was neat. I could see a (presumably) well-designed game like HL being pretty wild, and I'm more intrigued by the whole VR concept now, especially if more games along those lines come out.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Willie Tomg posted:

Roomscale VR is insanely cool and solves a whole lot of issues with VR as a platform, but it requires

c) a trip to Home Depot for some of what i would sincerely consider essential supplies (you REALLY want overhead cable runnings and pulleys to keep the cords taut, and a wall mount to hang the HMD on when not in use is a good idea too). RIP your security deposit if you aren't handy with paint and plaster.

The hell are you smoking? Overhead cables? Pulleys?
You are out of your mind.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I went to one of those VR rental places a couple years ago and that's exactly what they had, a whole overhead pulley system. It was ridiculously expensive for a tiny amount of time and the cables came off the pulley and we had to wait for them to fix it and they didn't give us any extra time. Because of this I'm foreverally against VR. Fully bound in VR cables, foreverally wrapped in cables with only pulley feet and pulley tongue sticking out. Fully permanent pulleyization, wrapped and bound in tangled cables and loving it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

KakerMix posted:

The hell are you smoking? Overhead cables? Pulleys?
You are out of your mind.

If you're new to VR check out the VR megathread so we don't just repeat things.

There are goons that have pulleys and overhead cables at home.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

If you're new to VR check out the VR megathread so we don't just repeat things.

There are goons that have pulleys and overhead cables at home.

Well there's a difference between some people thinking it's worth doing and calling it "essential" which it's DEFINITELY not

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lemming posted:

Well there's a difference between some people thinking it's worth doing and calling it "essential" which it's DEFINITELY not

Oh sure, and the goons who did even suggest against it, its overkill and you wear through cables.

Still, its not a craaaazy idea.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh sure, and the goons who did even suggest against it, its overkill and you wear through cables.

Still, its not a craaaazy idea.

It's absolutely crazy to label it as "essential". Overhead cables and pulleys is right next to that awful Omni treadmill bowl accessory you ran in for ~immersion~.

I've been into VR since I had a DK2, I've got an Index now.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I heard if you want to do room scale VR you need an entire room 100% dedicated to VR. Pulley system in the ceiling, and absolutely no furniture in the room because it can mess up the sensor network. You also need to paint your walls totally black with a grid of neon lines to make it easier for the sensors.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fartbox posted:

Are there any penis trackers yet?

Get a girlfriend?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Baronjutter posted:

I went to one of those VR rental places a couple years ago and that's exactly what they had, a whole overhead pulley system. It was ridiculously expensive for a tiny amount of time and the cables came off the pulley and we had to wait for them to fix it and they didn't give us any extra time. Because of this I'm foreverally against VR. Fully bound in VR cables, foreverally wrapped in cables with only pulley feet and pulley tongue sticking out. Fully permanent pulleyization, wrapped and bound in tangled cables and loving it.

Yes... ha ha ha... yes!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Baronjutter posted:

I feel you man, I play video games, which requires that your entire house be set up like a Dave and Busters. It’s a pain in the rear end for sure.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Okay because I threatened y'all with this and I can cynically copy and paste it into the Other VR Thread, here's part 1 of the Songbearer Funtime Rundown of some of the cool-rear end VR games you can play if you're getting a system

I was an early Oculus adopter because my dad passed away and I knew he would've loved to try it since he was chairbound and had a bunch of health problems and it's been one of my favourite purchases in the past few years. I've used it weekly since I got it and there's nothing quite like it. It's a hard loving sell, especially with the old headsets that require sensors and tethering, but it's finally started to approach a "You may not have to be a complete loving lunatic to play and run anything on this also there are more than three games" horizon and it's beautiful.

Now, VR games generally fall into four categories:

1) Barely interactive tech demos with very little in the way of any real gameplay. These have started to die out now that early adopter novelty has worn off and actual apps are using these features, but there are some notable ones.
2) Ports of flatscreen games into VR. These can range from exceptionally cool (DOOM3VR mod, The Talos Principle, Elite: Dangerous, Serious Sam series), neat but lacking in functionality (Skyrim, Quake 2 VR mod, Tabletop Simulator, Minecraft VR mod), to barely functional (Fallout 4 VR, Subnautica, Ark)
3) Games that are built from the ground up for VR and make great use of physical interactivity, which other than scale is by far the neatest thing about VR (A lot of games, but GORN, Blade & Sorcery and H3VR are the biggest names in this)
4) Software such as art packages and movie players (Oculus Medium, Google Tilt Brush, Google Earth, Bigscreen)

For this post I'll focus on three of my all-time favourite games for VR, but I'll try and do a bunch more of these covering lesser known ones too. I'll include a link to a video I've made of the game in action if applicable.

I'll try not to waste much of your time and due to financial struggles I haven't managed to try a lot of the newest releases but hopefully this'll give people something to set their goggles on.

This Is Very VR:
Games which let you pull, push, stab, thrust, gyrate and perform other Freudian motions to terrify pets and break windows with your fists

Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (H3VR):
Videos: Reloading a bolt action and katana combat Ballistic granularity
Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/450540/Hot_Dogs_Horseshoes__Hand_Grenades/

The Pitch: If guns fascinate you and you like shooting games, this is a killer app for you. No contest. This is a labour of love made by a comically small development team for the sheer amount of detail and craftsmanship poured into it. On paper it's a hard sell: Shooting galleries are a dime a dozen in VR land since pointing and shooting things is some of the simplest gameplay you can design around for the medium, but H3VR isn't content with just giving you a few guns and levels to tool around with.

There are, by my estimate, probably around 250 different guns (This isn't even a full list) in the game as it stands. All of these weapons - to the greatest to the least, are simulated in form and function, beautifully modelled, handle how you'd expect them to and the very vast majority of them can be customised and modified with a gigantic array of different attachments, from scopes and silencers to laser sights and with some of the most recent patches, bayonets, muzzle devices and underslungs. There's no limit to how many things you can bolt onto your weapons allowing you to turn UMPs into long-barreled sniper monstrosities, ruin a Desert Eagle's life and make a hideous hydra of scopes.

Reloading is all done physically. Some guns let you press down on your stick to drop the mag, others need to be pulled out manually, some take stripper clips that need to be pushed into the gun, double barrel shotguns snap open and can be flicked closed, revolvers can even have their chambers spun. Weapons span across all the eras you'd expect and there's inclusions that will definitely surprise even the most knowledgeable gun nut. There's a "virtual stock" that steadies your aim with any weapon fitted with a stock when aiming down the sights. It works so naturally you'll barely ever notice it, but it stops a lot of involuntary jittering that plagues VR shooters that doesn't have that feature. It's amazing just how much you'll miss it.

It's not just shooting galleries and firing ranges that the game presents to you, though there are plenty to choose from and it's insanely therapeutic to turn on a podcast and plink some virtual targets. The game features several adventures based around testing your gunslinging and survival prowess such as a wild west land with actual horseshoe challenges and scavenger hunts, a zombie survival mode where you help settlers to help you progress your hometown and a SAW-like horror mode filled with traps. The true hero of this game is Take and Hold, a roguelite mode where you survive as long as you can, taking objectives and spending currency to get new weapons and tools to help you survive. There's a ton of options for this mode, allowing you to play as casually or hardcore as you like.

All of this is wrapped up in a cheerful, lighthearted package that for all its weirdness works beautifully. You won't be shooting at humans or humanoids in this game, ever. That's something Anton (The lead developer) is adamant about. Instead, your foes are the aforementioned hot dogs, giant floppy wieners with guns who say bizarre things. If that sounds unsatisfying to you, don't write it off yet: Their damage modelling allows them to be bisected with bladed weapons, stabbed, headshot, pistol whipped and more. You can snap their meaty necks, tear them apart and watch them bleed mustard until they die.

To discuss everything H3VR has to offer is to spend a day writing. It's one of the most realised products available for VR and for fifteen bloody quid it's like you're stealing it.

If you want a good video on the flagship mode, you should Watch TehSnakerer's video on it. It's very, very good.

GORN:
Videos: Skull Dunk Half Off
Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/578620/GORN/

Before Blade and Sorcery came along, GORN was crown king of VR melee. To a lot of people it still is, and it's one of those games that proved that a single mechanic done well in VR is worth more than a tech demo filled with gimmicks. You'd think that melee combat is a no brainer for VR games in the same way that shooting is, but in a lot of games it's a miserable, barely-functioning affair that feels entirely disconnected from the game itself. If the game uses canned animations, your attacks feel lifeless. If the game doesn't take into account the physicality of the weapon, you can waggle your way to a dull, unrewarding victory. GORN avoids this by making your foes the most incredibly satisfying hunks of wobbly meat you'll ever come across.

Easy to pick up, devilishly rewarding to play and uncompromisingly silly, GORN carries a reputation for broken monitors, abused walls and shattered hands (To the point it was included in the marketing) because it's just so simple to get carried away while playing it, especially for people new to VR. This game will teach you to respect your setup's boundaries or to clear more room for your setup.

It's come a long way since the free tech demo that was released years ago, and though I haven't checked it for a while I believe it has a progression system and story mode. This game is exceptional catharsis with a bunch of modifiers you can tweak to make yourself giant, slow the game speed down to barely anything, have low gravity and tons more. Claw gauntlets, two handed swords, wrist-mounted minature crossbows, nunchucks, warhammers and a whole lot more are featured in floppy pool-noodle glory and the way you can pop eyes out of skulls, sever people's limbs off (and beat them with them!) and rip them apart with your bare hands is an exquisite way to blow off steam. Just don't let your dear old nan see you playing it.

Blade & Sorcery
Videos: Counterattacking in real time Four minutes, 56 kills Bloodborne Weapons
Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/629730/Blade_and_Sorcery/

I tend to refer to this game as "H3VR for swords". This has surpassed GORN as my melee game of choice because it's far less arcadey and hugely modifiable, even getting its own Nexus Page with a shitload of new weapons, enemy types and maps made by the community. While Blade and Sorcery lacks polish and still has a long way to go in terms of features, it's by far and away one of the most entertaining melee combat games for people who've truly found their VR legs. Enemies react in an entertaining way to your shenanigans, actively attempting to block and parry your attacks or dodging and evading if they're less well armed. While there's no progression currently, each arena has its own physical traps, props and features that you can use to your advantage such as spike walls, chasms, chairs (You can give people the chair!!!), chandeliers and boulders.

Telekinesis is a standard feature of your character and it's goddamn wonderful. With it, you can grab any physical object in the world and push or pull it, fling it and even spin it around like a chainsaw. You can bring weapons to your hand, throw them and pull them back again. You can catch arrows out the air with it if you're fast enough and use them to stab people. Let's talk about stabbing people! This is the best game in the world for stabbing people to the point it might actually be a little disturbing. Unlike GORN, weapons in this game are stiff and stable rather than wibbly-wobbly, which means they experience resistance and can be halted by shields, the environment and other weapons. Your body is fully physically present, which means you can kick people. Weapons have weight, giving your attacks a natural delay (though this can be altered to preference) and you need to get your cutting angles right for the best effect.

The result of this is that combat might not feel quite as slick as these videos make them out to be initially, but that's part of the game's charm and where Blade and Sorcery really shines. There's a real learning curve to the fighting and it leans heavily - sometimes to a fault - on physical presence. This is something you're gonna see with Boneworks, but honestly it adds an incredible level of feedback to the game even if it does go wonky sometimes. With this system, you can grab weapons anywhere and use them however you want. If you want to go Mordhau grip, you can, and weapons have a material/edge system which determines just how effective that's going to be for you. Want to twat someone with the handle of an axe? Yep, and that's gonna force them back or stun them if you hit them hard enough. Sweep someone's leg with a spear? They'll stumble and fall, maybe knocking someone else over in the process. Shield bash, slit throats, grab and stab, judo throw, pommel bash, kick someone over and cleave off their arm, knock them out and throw them over a cliff by the neck. The range of melee attacks you can perform in this game is limited only by your imagination.

The "Sorcery" part of the title isn't quite fleshed out at the moment, but other than telekinesis you also have a chain lightning spell which is every bit as cool as it sounds and the ability to slow time on command. Mods exist for more magic effects and to even give weapons their own abilities - and yes, there are gun mods and a loving Chainsword from 40k - which means that you'll never run out of toys to play with.

This game is still early on in development, just shy of a year in, but it's earned its rightful place as a shining example of what good melee combat looks like alongside GORN. If only Skyrim had this level of interactivity... but I'll elaborate further on why Skyrim doesn't hold a candle to these games in my next post.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 26, 2019

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Baronjutter posted:

I heard if you want to do room scale VR you need an entire room 100% dedicated to VR. Pulley system in the ceiling, and absolutely no furniture in the room because it can mess up the sensor network. You also need to paint your walls totally black with a grid of neon lines to make it easier for the sensors.

All true, except for painting the room. That part you just have to do for style.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Songbearer posted:

All of this is wrapped up in a cheerful, lighthearted package that for all its weirdness works beautifully. You won't be shooting at humans or humanoids in this game, ever. That's something Anton (The lead developer) is adamant about. Instead, your foes are the aforementioned hot dogs, giant floppy wieners with guns who say bizarre things. If that sounds unsatisfying to you, don't write it off yet: Their damage modelling allows them to be bisected with bladed weapons, stabbed, headshot, pistol whipped and more. You can snap their meaty necks, tear them apart and watch them bleed mustard until they die.

To discuss everything H3VR has to offer is to spend a day writing. It's one of the most realised products available for VR and for fifteen bloody quid it's like you're stealing it.

If you want a good video on the flagship mode, you should Watch TehSnakerer's video on it. It's very, very good.

I think this is one of the reasons I've played H3VR for almost 30 hours so far and I refunded Blade and Sorcery after less than two (besides the fact that B&S for some reason is the only VR game to make me feel seriously nauseous). Shooting wisecracking hot dogs in VR feels goofy and fun even with hyper-realistic guns. Stabbing someone in Blade and Sorcery made feel like a monster because they look like normal people and have this horrified look of terror on their face.

That being said, I agree that H3VR is 100% worth a purchase. It's created by the kind of dev that, after getting sick of dozens of Reddit posts asking for the Desert Eagle .50, adds this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjVgpUa3Stc

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 26, 2019

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I gotta say all the gushing about H3VR, for years now, has always puzzled me so much. I guess as a person who doesn't really care about guns I'm not its target audience, but any time I've tried it, its just a shooting gallery with a bunch of weapons and a couple modes that got boring almost instantly for me.

I still recommend it for new people to check out, since it does have an audience that really likes it, but, man I just don't get it.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Tom Guycot posted:

I gotta say all the gushing about H3VR, for years now, has always puzzled me so much. I guess as a person who doesn't really care about guns I'm not its target audience, but any time I've tried it, its just a shooting gallery with a bunch of weapons and a couple modes that got boring almost instantly for me.

I still recommend it for new people to check out, since it does have an audience that really likes it, but, man I just don't get it.

Have you played it recently? The Take and Hold rework introduced over the summer has a hell of a lot of solid gameplay and the new Rise of the Rotweiners mode from this Halloween is basically a semi-persistent 10-hour or so RPG with quests and progression.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Have you played it recently? The Take and Hold rework introduced over the summer has a hell of a lot of solid gameplay and the new Rise of the Rotweiners mode from this Halloween is basically a semi-persistent 10-hour or so RPG with quests and progression.

Yeah, just :shrug: really find it boring and ugly personally, the other modes don't do much to gussy up the repetitive nature of it for me. I've tried to give it a chance a number of times due to all the praise, but it just never gets any better.

I also just really hate the look of those hot dog things lol.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tom Guycot posted:

IDK its just a lot of interactivity and a decent chunk of content.

Like I don't really care about cooking but I bought Counter Fight (not so great) and I enjoyed the cooking in Job / Vacation Sim, I'd love a more content-full cooking VR game if it existed.

So similarly, even if you don't like guns, its just a lot of things to play with that work and let you do more than just pick up and drop things. But if you don't really care about guns its probably pretty limited, yeah.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I should reiterate that although the novelty seems cool, nobody who isn't made of money should buy them because you need three for lower body tracking (one per ankle and one on the hip) and they're $100 USD apiece lol.
You technically only need one tracker to kick things.

Still not worth $100 to kick a head crab... probably...

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

all three of these games are just big rooms with enemies and weapons spawning in