Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The real winner in all of this is Corey’s ex wife.

Smart woman she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Hit Mike Jones up on the low cause Mike Jones about to blow

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

IcePhoenix posted:

I would recommend you google it

I know what it is but now there's a whole new set of people calling it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I would recommend you google it

AkumaHokoru posted:

giving him the call in number to observer iirc? if not daves number.

https://1079ishot.com/have-you-ever-called-281-330-8004/

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
lol I knew I liked rusev.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/mediotiempo/status/1199053351272484865?s=19

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Mauro, please leave and commentate Wrestle Kingdom instead.

Kevin Kelly is a far better commentator than Ranallo.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Incessant Excess posted:

He is better there than ever in the WWE, and the fact they left him for backstage or the d-tier shows was awful.

But I want to hear, just once, Mauro screaming RAINMAKERRRRRRR

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Incessant Excess posted:

Okay, but imagine Kevin Kelly and Mauro Ranallo calling Wrestle Kingdom.

And Chris Charlton. Rocky can be there too. Let's have a partay.

Also: I unironically like holy bleep as a call. It's simultaneously marking out and respecting Chuckie T.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He is better there than ever in the WWE, and the fact they left him for backstage or the d-tier shows was awful.

RAIN MAKER FROM OKADA HE SPUN HIM RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't have twitter

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't especially want twitter either

Respect

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Imagine Destinoooooooooo but it was every single call.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

do you also want to hear him scream every word he says for three and a half hours

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

IIRC, Mauro did the first year of AXS NJPW shows, which were re-dubbed English commentary over 2014-ish NJPW matches.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Irritated Goat posted:

I know what it is but now there's a whole new set of people calling it.

It got disconnected and made an invalid number by the time i tried calling in 2005.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mauro was at his best doing NJPW on AXS which is crazy considering he was with Josh Barnett. He kept the pop culture references to a minimum and didn't go so over the top on big spots.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I have Dave's home phone number.

It's 867-5309.

Bryan's is 634-5789.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I have Dave's home phone number.

It's 867-5309.

Bryan's is 634-5789.

Vinny's is 606-0842

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

I still don't get the hype here for Double K. He's fine in that he's not a negative but I can't recall a single instance I felt his commentary added to a match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mauro's only been doing this for like three decades, weird coincidence how these incidents only became a recurring thing when he joined WWE. Also weird coincidence how they keep tracing back to known poo poo-stirrer assholes who get in fights with other people all the time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hinoarashi posted:

I still don't get the hype here for Double K. He's fine in that he's not a negative but I can't recall a single instance I felt his commentary added to a match.

DEEEEEEEEESTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hinoarashi posted:

Omega vs Okada IV

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Frank Shamrock’s a fuckin creep weirdo but I’d buy him a drink for tuning Corey graves. Congrats Corey you got someone to root for Frank loving Shamrock in 20 years.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Camauro

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

kelly's amiable, knowledgable and comes off on air that he believes he's watching the best wrestling in the world. that's all a new japan pbp commentator has to be.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Hinoarashi posted:

He's not the most excitable guy in the world but he clearly loves the product and does his homework. After the last 15 years of WWE turning commentary into an aspect of wrestling more people would rather turn off than suffer through, Kevin Kelly is a breath of fresh air, particularly when he's in the booth with Rocky and/or Charleton.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Camauro

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i want mauro to go be happy and safe somewhere where i never have to hear his announcing again

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Lets all just agree the worst commentator is either Corey Graves or Matt Striker.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

DarkstarIV posted:

Lets all just agree the worst commentator is either Corey Graves or Matt Striker.

striker is competent and capable of being good, graves is orders of magnitude worse

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

blast0rama posted:

IIRC, Mauro did the first year of AXS NJPW shows, which were re-dubbed English commentary over 2014-ish NJPW matches.

I gotta check it out, jesusWEP'S comment only made me want it more!

And please, no more striker, it didn't even work on lucha underground

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Striker should continue to call AAA shows because then you can just watch the Spanish stream with Hugo Savinovich like wrestling Jesus intended.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

Okay, but imagine Kevin Kelly and Mauro Ranallo calling Wrestle Kingdom.

And Chris Charlton. Rocky can be there too. Let's have a partay.

Also: I unironically like holy bleep as a call. It's simultaneously marking out and respecting Chuckie T.

No respect for the secret best NJPW announcer, The Crown Jewel Chase Owens.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

karmicknight posted:

Striker should continue to call AAA shows because then you can just watch the Spanish stream with Hugo Savinovich like wrestling Jesus intended.

Hugo Savinovich is one of the best announcers in all of wrestling right now. He's up there with Kevin Kelly.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
i love that as watching WWE gets less entertaining watching people watch WWE gets more entertaining

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lenny Leonard is the best commentator in wrestling, this isn’t even a debate. I hate gimmicks and soundboard guys. I want a guy that sits back, drops knowledge and enjoys wrestling. That’s Lenny. He’s the best currently active.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did Matt Stryker ever make fun of someone with a mental illness because if not then Graves might have overtaken him as worst of all time

Coach is a close third though

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Excalibur is the best

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Excalibur is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did Matt Stryker ever make fun of someone with a mental illness because if not then Graves might have overtaken him as worst of all time

Coach is a close third though

Nah. He's got some racist brainworms though. He thought black football players taking the knee during the anthem was bad somehow