Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Josh Rosen posted:

Q: Who's the best QB in this draft?
I'm the best QB in the draft. A lot of guys are flashier, but I think I'm the most efficient, monotonously consistent QB in this draft. Rodgers has some flair, but if you watch Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, there's nothing that's explosive or Johnny Manziel-like. It's just quarterbacking.

Q: But as you said, it's so much more.
I have no issues with a team doing due diligence and forming opinions. But this is my opportunity to answer these questions on a national stage and set the record right with teams so there's no more third-party misinformation. Up to that point, it's just noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lamar should hold out right now

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I remember earlier this year saying RGIII was better at this point in his career(first total season of games) than Jackson. I feel like Jackson has jumped well past that in the course of like 6 games. It's unbelievable.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My wife is pregnant and she's already said no to both Lamar and Jackson. I'm going to ask about Demeatrice next.

I'm not sure why you're trying to pimp your wife to football players but I wish you luck posting pal

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

pmchem posted:

I dunno man, you gotta hit on one hybrid every 4 years. Let’s say you’d need to have drafted 3 since 2010. Maybe not Lamar quality but passable enough. Here’s the list:

2010 Tebow
2011 Cam, Kaep, Tyrod
2012 RG3, Wilson
2015 Mariota pre-injuries
2016 Dak
2017 Watson
2018 Allen, Lamar
2019 Kyler

A lot of those guys were mid round picks and easy for a team to get if you’re targeting that kind of player profile

I think it’s doable, you could run a NFL franchise around this strategy. And probably never have a QB over 30 years old.

You forgot JFF.

To be fair, so has everyone else at this point.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I'm working on my sad sack Redskins fan friend (who lives WAY closer to Baltimore than DC) to leave the ashes of that cursed franchise and bandwagon these Ravens. I don't think he'll bite though. Sad.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I remember earlier this year saying RGIII was better at this point in his career(first total season of games) than Jackson. I feel like Jackson has jumped well past that in the course of like 6 games. It's unbelievable.

I think RGIII had a better rookie season than lamar. He had like 106 passer rating

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I watched the Ravens' first two scoring drives in a bar and knew I wouldn't have to watch any more of tonight's game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

I think RGIII had a better rookie season than lamar. He had like 106 passer rating

I'm counting the first 16 starts as Lamar Jackson's "Rookie" season, not necessarily the first year.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

wilderthanmild posted:

You forgot JFF.

Wait, I thought we were including no-good ones since Tebow's on the list.

I have no idea.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Zwabu posted:

I'm working on my sad sack Redskins fan friend (who lives WAY closer to Baltimore than DC) to leave the ashes of that cursed franchise and bandwagon these Ravens. I don't think he'll bite though. Sad.

I work in DC and tell my Washington fan coworkers that they absolutely have an out to find another team. No apparent takers yet. Childhood memories are strong I guess.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The only reason im not a skins fan is my step father was a complete rear end in a top hat and huge skins fan so i just went with the next closest team

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Seen any cool birds lately Kawalimus?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
the Ravens are the only hope of unseating the monstrous Pats and the refs had better not gently caress us out of it come January

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

solarjetman posted:

the Ravens are the only hope of unseating the monstrous Pats and the refs had better not gently caress us out of it come January

Ron Howard voice: but it turned out the refs did gently caress them out of it come January.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Whatever you think of Chris Berman he and Tom Jackson are the best at these fast highlight packages you can get.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

Ron Howard voice: but it turned out the refs did gently caress them out of it come January.

Out of all our playoff foxboro games I dont think we were ever hosed over by the refs

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

This is a lost season for the ravens, best to just rest Lamar and hope for the best next year.

Kawa literally posted their season was over after a loss in week 4 or something stupid

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

pmchem posted:

Kawa literally posted their season was over after a loss in week 4 or something stupid

losing to the browns is traumatic

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

pmchem posted:

To be fair, we looked like trash in that game and everyone called the AFCN the worst in football. Feels like a full season ago. Nobody was high on the Ravens at that point. But we figured ourselves out over the next few weeks and that has led to this.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens have 19 first downs lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Would be nice if we could get Justice Hill going. He seems to be struggling to make guys miss and goes down at first contact. He seems like a guy who could be pretty good though and lots of people were high on him before the season. That would make us even better.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's pretty shocking that the Ravens were only three point favorites.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

This Ravens offensive line is absolutely absurd.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Despera posted:

losing to the browns is traumatic

Not only that, it was a blowout @ Baltimore. It briefly tricked everyone that the Ravens might be legitimately bad

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i haven't really watched the rams this year has aaron donald regressed?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

You forgot JFF.

I always thought he was a poo poo, even pre-draft.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wonder what Joe Flacco's up to right now

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

What if the ravens aren't better and every other team has just gotten a lot worse

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Give Joe Tessitore An Edible

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

AndrewP posted:

wonder what Joe Flacco's up to right now

denvers a nice place to live

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Doctor Teeth posted:

i haven't really watched the rams this year has aaron donald regressed?

No, but the talent around him has so he's getting double teamed a lot

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

solarjetman posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Give Joe Tessitore An Edible

Tessitore sounds exactly like he did in Fight Night 4 so I'll give him consistency at least

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Sent from my iPad posted:

This Ravens offensive line is absolutely absurd.

It's strange that they are dominating frequently since the C and LG are kinda bad

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

pmchem posted:

I always thought he was a poo poo, even pre-draft.

Yeah, I thought we were including bad ones, since Tebow was in there.(Except for his 1 amazing playoff game)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If the rams can make the ravens punt this game it will be a moral victory

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

I work in DC and tell my Washington fan coworkers that they absolutely have an out to find another team. No apparent takers yet. Childhood memories are strong I guess.

Hell I grew up with the Skins. Joe Gibbs Glory days and everything. Aside from ALWAYS having an issue with the team name I've hated the entire Snyder tenure. Every lovely legal mega deal for washed up names like primer time Bruce Smith etc.

Everything in aftermath of the RG3 injury caused me to finally give up on the team entirely until Snyder is no longer there owner and the team changes its name.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Kawal think we need to score here?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

just woke up! how is the

:stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.