Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Arrhythmia posted:

You can save everyone in that list except the mercs and two of the Hardys.
Three. Unless I'm mistaken. Glen, Theo and Angus will always die, no matter how well you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Xander77 posted:

Three. Unless I'm mistaken. Glen, Theo and Angus will always die, no matter how well you do.

I'm curious, does it come down to how well you shoot/molotov the Mercs? Or does some of the talking and prep before the tribunal alter the outcome? I lost 5 Hardies and got shot myself, but Kim made it out with just some bruises, which made it alright by me.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
I know there's probably more than enough time to do everything but is there a time limit?

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Vichan posted:

I know there's probably more than enough time to do everything but is there a time limit?

Not really. There's a small handful of things that are set to happen on certain days, which means if you haven't engaged with those things/people before the "cut off date" you've missed your chance forever ; but beyond that you can faff around all you like and they're very minor things.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Infinite Karma posted:

I'm curious, does it come down to how well you shoot/molotov the Mercs? Or does some of the talking and prep before the tribunal alter the outcome? I lost 5 Hardies and got shot myself, but Kim made it out with just some bruises, which made it alright by me.
1. Shanky. Runs or stays and dies depending on whether you talk about the Wild Pines representative. Unintuitive, and the game has a really hard time keeping track of him.

2. Elizabeth. Lives if you pass the Logic check after telling the scab leader the Hardies didn't do it or never even attempt the dialog option.

3. Titus. Lives if you succeed at burning / shooting the head merc, dies if you fail or just stand there.

4. Kim. Wounded if you fail or never attempt the final authority check.

5. The mercs. Rudd dies. The woman gets killed by Kim if you kill the head merc. If you don't, the head merc will be wounded by Kim if you pass the authority check, and survive if you fail / don't attempt the authority check.

6 Alain and Eugene. Always live.

7. Theo, Glen and Angus. Always die.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

wiegieman posted:

Half light is used like one time, ignore it.

bad way to play the game

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Just finished the game, dang.

One question for all of you though, having looked up the successful karaoke version after failing am I the only person who prefers the failed version? The way it's sung (even if it's offkey and comically bad at times) is way more fitting. Plus Kim liked it, genuinely.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKE26p4Yog

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ixtlilton posted:

One question for all of you though, having looked up the successful karaoke version after failing am I the only person who prefers the failed version? The way it's sung (even if it's offkey and comically bad at times) is way more fitting. Plus Kim liked it, genuinely.

Yes, as a musician~ the fail version has a lot better feel to it, the success version is just him grumblewhispering the words and it doesn't really land

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

sebmojo posted:

Yes, as a musician~ the fail version has a lot better feel to it, the success version is just him grumblewhispering the words and it doesn't really land

Yeah it's like if a commo post emo twig tries to sing it. Was awesome.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ixtlilton posted:

I liked the failed version because it sounded like a whiny version of My Dying Bride. Well, whinier.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I'm assuming the fail uses "limbic system" instead of "ancient reptilian brain"? That seems like the funniest option.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The only thing keeping this game from getting a perfect score is not having Tom Waits sing the success version.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Parallelwoody posted:

Shaved, keep the expression: I'M BACK BABY. YOU WANT SOME gently caress?

He only. Gets. WORSE.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Zero VGS posted:

I'm assuming the fail uses "limbic system" instead of "ancient reptilian brain"? That seems like the funniest option.

correct

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Anyone knoe what happens at the end if you don't spray the pheromone on you when you first meet Morrel? Inalnd Empire is pretty keen on slathering it on. Maybe I won't take it and not wash death off me.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

Anyone knoe what happens at the end if you don't spray the pheromone on you when you first meet Morrel? Inalnd Empire is pretty keen on slathering it on. Maybe I won't take it and not wash death off me.

you feel the burn of sadness deep within you. you get an inevitable failure on the electrochemistry check, the plasmid doesn't like you and so s/he leaves.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

thanks for that friend, I always forget to "go to thread" from a post :haw:

also, was sorting out my podcasts today and realized only now that, holy loving poo poo, Klaasje is voiced by Dasha Nekrasova from Red Scare - that was perfect VO casting haha

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Xander77 posted:

No you're not, I just remembered someone upthread saying 2.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Ancient Reptilian Brain and Limbic System have the same voice actor. That's quite the vocal range there.

Aye Doc posted:

you feel the burn of sadness deep within you. you get an inevitable failure on the electrochemistry check, the plasmid doesn't like you and so s/he leaves.

Glad I didn't make that mistake. Lay it on me thick, Morrel!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Xander77 posted:

1. Shanky. Runs or stays and dies depending on whether you talk about the Wild Pines representative. Unintuitive, and the game has a really hard time keeping track of him.

2. Elizabeth. Lives if you pass the Logic check after telling the scab leader the Hardies didn't do it or never even attempt the dialog option.

3. Titus. Lives if you succeed at burning / shooting the head merc, dies if you fail or just stand there.

4. Kim. Wounded if you fail or never attempt the final authority check.

5. The mercs. Rudd dies. The woman gets killed by Kim if you kill the head merc. If you don't, the head merc will be wounded by Kim if you pass the authority check, and survive if you fail / don't attempt the authority check.

6 Alain and Eugene. Always live.

7. Theo, Glen and Angus. Always die.

to add to this Alain and Eugene's conversations are very, very different post-tribunal dependent on Titus's survival

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i finished the game before any of the patches hit, but tonight i tried to restart it and it keeps crashing on startup, even after reinstalling

does anyone have any experience with this?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I love all the random ways you get health/morale healing.

Cops can have a little salami

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Xander77 posted:

The meeting with Titus if he dies is sad as gently caress since he points out he never even like the guy and thought he would run. I remember reading a journal of my grandfather made in WWII with the exact same kind of sentiment about a guy in his unit everyone made fun of dying.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 26, 2019

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I just got this game

Does the game punish you if you don't have the $20 for a room every night? Theres so many things I wanna buy (boombox etc) but I've been saving money because of the $20

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Rabid Snake posted:

I just got this game

Does the game punish you if you don't have the $20 for a room every night? Theres so many things I wanna buy (boombox etc) but I've been saving money because of the $20
Only on the second day. On the third day you have the means to sleep for free.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
best advice

1. Volition
2. Reaction Speed
3. Empathy
4. Shivers
5. Perception

worst advice

1. Electrochemistry
2. Authority
3. Half-Light
4. Rhetoric
5. Savoir Faire

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Its Coke posted:

worst advice

1. Electrochemistry

:wrong:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Steam listed Disco Elysium as one of their top 20 releases of October (measured by revenue generated in their first two weeks of release). :toot:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Its Coke posted:

worst advice

4. Rhetoric
Endgame spoiler:
https://imgur.com/mOJCnfO

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

man, it never even occurred to me that it was possible to keep the smile but lose the stache

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Inland Empire never steers me wrong, even when it tells me to do one thing and then slightly later not to do it.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Jack2142 posted:

The meeting with Titus if he dies is sad as gently caress since he points out he never even like the guy and thought he would run. I remember reading a journal of my grandfather made in WWII with the exact same kind of sentiment about a guy in his unit everyone made fun of dying.

man that's hosed up. you'd think no matter how much of a dick he was they wouldn't speak ill of the dead, especially one who fought beside them

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

On this playthrough I decided to listen to the failed authority check all the way through when first talking to Titus. Welp, that sure showed them who's boss.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Its Coke posted:

man that's hosed up. you'd think no matter how much of a dick he was they wouldn't speak ill of the dead, especially one who fought beside them

In context from my grandfathers journal this guy was one of the few people he named in the entire thing and the comment was more regretful for him and others being jerks to him when the guy was alive and now that he was dead they could never take that back. It was kind of the same gist I got from the post Tribunal Scene, with the dialogue Titus had about Shanky. Guy died for us and why couldn't we have been better to him.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
What happens if you drink too much/take too many drugs?

There is a warning of consequence All I faced in the end was kim mentioning drinking on duty. I am hoping if you drink and take enough drugs you erase your memory again?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Jack2142 posted:

In context from my grandfathers journal this guy was one of the few people he named in the entire thing and the comment was more regretful for him and others being jerks to him when the guy was alive and now that he was dead they could never take that back. It was kind of the same gist I got from the post Tribunal Scene, with the dialogue Titus had about Shanky. Guy died for us and why couldn't we have been better to him.

oh I totally misunderstood what you were getting at. that is sad

Palpek posted:

On this playthrough I decided to listen to the failed authority check all the way through when first talking to Titus. Welp, that sure showed them who's boss.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Palpek posted:

Refresh me on what happens. I think I did this one for Es and Gees but want to be sure.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

Refresh me on what happens. I think I did this one for Es and Gees but want to be sure.

You end up shooting yourself to "prove a point"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Oh yea, that. Good times.