Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

borough slave market around the bombed-out remnants of the Shard

mutant pelicans in st james' park swallowing raiders whole, guarding a pile of pre-war suitcases

the collapsed London eye spanning the thames and being a shanty town made of boats

British museum as the epicentre of a new assyrian empire, but also going out and stealing big rocks from neighbouring settlements

there is no british museum. the british instinctively looted all available antiquities when civil order collapsed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

When even Piers Morgan won't cover for you, you're having a bad day.

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1199260113921552385?s=20

idk if its funny and depressing that old mate thinks the government can just memory hole public appearances that make them look bad or depressing and funny because they actually can

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

local warlords engage in semi formalised combat consisting of each trying to take the power of the others crown w their mace, ie smash their head in w a large club

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the woodlands are governed by forest law administered in the name of the bear-cow, the divine beast of order

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Squizzle posted:

there is no british museum. the british instinctively looted all available antiquities when civil order collapsed

on the contrary- the British government quickly seized anything not nailed down (well enough) and declared their hoards as the British museum. various wastelanders request access to their collections of canned goods and shotgun shells and the irradiated skeletons of their loved ones only to be rebuked on the basis of historical preservation.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
due to a technicality of british law, everywhere is actually the british museum, and native cultures have simply been in wrongful possession of artifacts god mistakenly placed in what the locals colourfully describe as "other countries"

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
which one of you runs this account

https://twitter.com/dec12posting/status/1199285219540553728

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

an area called “empire” where the artificial sun never sets because it is in fact the glow of an unshielded nuclear reactor (possibly cobbled together from trident??)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

whoa

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

:five:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Mycroft Holmes posted:

yo, I'm running a post-apocalyptic game in the UK set in London. Does anyone have ideas for settlements around various landmarks in London? So far I've got this:

there are industrial scale fallout shelters beneath each of the 3 Clapham tube stations (North/Common/South)
https://lookup.london/clapham-south-station-2/

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Mycroft Holmes posted:

yo, I'm running a post-apocalyptic game in the UK set in London. Does anyone have ideas for settlements around various landmarks in London? So far I've got this:

Hidden atop a tree-covered hill, Greenwich Observatory is home to a small group of scholars. Largely unaffected by the chaos below, these quiet monks preserve as much of the Old Knowledge as they can while protecting it from those who would seek it out to wage technological war once more. Their days are spent in quiet contemplation of the movement of the heavenly bodies, while they wait for the Great Planetary Convergence that will indicate when Brexit has finally happened.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Highgate Cemetery, where the inhabitants worship a very special grave...

Jeremy Beadle

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the only law is bonar law

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Squizzle posted:

in the name of the bear-cow, the divine beast of oh-deeeeeeeeeeeeeh

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

With no Empire to supply new sources to loot from, all of the museums are in open warfare attempting to loot each other. The Soanes Collection are a wildcard guerrilla outfit.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Don't forget the Chinese gangs still looking for all the poo poo stolen from China in the XIX century.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

antisemitism is in the news again

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

*takes off glove, touches bojo's undulating bulk*

its afraid!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Squizzle posted:

local warlords engage in semi formalised combat consisting of each trying to take the power of the others crown w their mace, ie smash their head in w a large club

I have declared this to be the Parliament tree and from its trunk I will carve the largest and most splendorous mace of all

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Zybourne Parliament

City of London Conflagration

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Squizzle posted:

the only law is bonar law

bonar law and rump parliament (2), locked in eternal struggle

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

have they got any actual facts now or are they just some people doing allegations again

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
They've lost the BJP, too!
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1199390279876403201

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

They've lost the BJP, too!

While googling the opinions of BJP on the Labour Party I've come across this wonderful wikipedia article: Illegal immigration to India

Albeit better than it's previous name, Illegal Bangladeshis living in India. The talk page has some rather fun discussion.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/nealvinay/status/1199400860633194497?s=19
https://twitter.com/anilbhanot/status/1159898194395959297?s=19

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

I can't believe this is the thing that reminded me to register :shepface:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Do read the actual letter too, it's magic.

e.g.

quote:

On Kashmir issue the special status afforded to the majority Muslim population was in breach of the equality strands [sic] we are used to in this country and yet a majority of the Labour MP's wrote to condemn the equalisation measures now put in place by the Indian government.

love 2 put my citizens under martial law to promote equality

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

V. Illych L. posted:

have they got any actual facts now or are they just some people doing allegations again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The state of the press in the UK

https://twitter.com/DawnButlerBrent...ingawful.com%2F

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

they have multiple facts. facts like:

1) Corbyn is a ravening anti-semite
2) if you disagree, you are an anti-semite

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

they have multiple facts. facts like:

1) Corbyn is a ravening anti-semite
2) if you disagree, you are an anti-semite

i checked and it's literally just some senior rabbi saying "NOT GOOD ENOUGH" and everyone acting as though it's big news from someone in the know

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

literally just that. doesn't specify anything or address any of the stuff they've actually done, not a single actual case or fact, just a condemnation. imagine if we could get everyone this worked up over actual institutional racism

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

jre posted:

I can't believe this is the thing that reminded me to register :shepface:

You have like, an hour

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao the headlines now are "Corbyn refused to apologise to Jewish community"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

either theres good polling that isnt public that suggests labour is doing better than the rich people like; or theres no good polling in britain and this is just aimless flailing at the possibility that corbz might win because no one knows how likely it is

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

"Jeremy Corbyn has not apologized to the Jewish community after recent events!"
"What recent events?"
"He didn't apologize."
"For what?"
"He refused."

EDIT: or replace "apologize" with "do something to tackle the antisemitism within party". Then make the next headline about how Labour keeps denying the problem, repeat.

BioMe has issued a correction as of 23:06 on Nov 26, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

"General election: Corbyn declines to apologise over antisemitism in BBC interview – as it happened"

Almost makes it sound like Corbyn did something antisemitism during the interview and declined to apologise for it on air. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

i saw that, twas another irl lmao from me