Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

ScottyJSno posted:

NGU

Any tips for late Evil mode. I am currently grinding my way to be able to sniff Rad land. Maxed out the Exile easy drops. Just crawling along doing 24 rebirths doing wishes and and QP grinding.

Only to wait awhile for the next feature which may help. That's what the rest of the game is at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Spend exp on adventure stats.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

H2Omelon posted:

Congrats on NGU Idle getting onto Steam's top releases of October list: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1630795514034259762

Right behind Destiny 2 of all things. :iia:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

H2Omelon posted:

Congrats on NGU Idle getting onto Steam's top releases of October list: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1630795514034259762

Right under Destiny 2, if that list is at all popular NGU is about to get a lot of new players who have never played an idle game before.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

4G going for that boat money. Congrats!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
The original blog post completely left NGU out :v: but amazingly, complaining on the internet actually WORKED, and within 20m as well!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

something posted:

The original blog post completely left NGU out :v: but amazingly, complaining on the internet actually WORKED, and within 20m as well!

hey what would it take to get a feature that polls the actual date and detects large jumps in cases the computer goes to sleep accidentally before closing the tab, then can do the catch-up as if it were closed?

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

ScottyJSno posted:

NGU

Any tips for late Evil mode. I am currently grinding my way to be able to sniff Rad land. Maxed out the Exile easy drops. Just crawling along doing 24 rebirths doing wishes and and QP grinding.

I'm in the same spot or a little later and it sucks. I'm buying a bunch of beast butter right now while it's on sale to try to push the ADV Quirk and other things. I sniped most of the radlands gear and have a few pieces sitting in daycare right now to get the to a point of being wearable. I dunno what to tell you. It's been a boring few weeks.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Shadowstar posted:

I'm in the same spot or a little later and it sucks. I'm buying a bunch of beast butter right now while it's on sale to try to push the ADV Quirk and other things. I sniped most of the radlands gear and have a few pieces sitting in daycare right now to get the to a point of being wearable. I dunno what to tell you. It's been a boring few weeks.

It doesn't get any better either I finished my radlands set and boss 301 weeks ago but getting exile v4 down if an enormous bitch, no idea how long it'll take me to kill it even manually

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Anfauglir posted:

It doesn't get any better either I finished my radlands set and boss 301 weeks ago but getting exile v4 down if an enormous bitch, no idea how long it'll take me to kill it even manually

V3 to V4 was about a month and a half when it was end game. A few more perks and quirks have been added since that should speed it up a bit.

You will also be getting a new feature from Exile v1 next major patch which should also speed things up. The fact is you are at the end of the current content and pacing is normally good enough that people are just finishing it as the next patch hits, which means it's slow.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

pixaal posted:

V3 to V4 was about a month and a half when it was end game. A few more perks and quirks have been added since that should speed it up a bit.

Not my experience at all, which seems to be a recurring theme with NGU...
2 (? iirc) months after being able to afk Exile v3 i was still several months away from Exile v4 at the pace i was advancing then. I made a post about this a month or so ago; i don't remember the specifics any more. It was certainly not a month and a half between Exile v3 and v4

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

2 (? iirc) months after being able to afk Exile v3 i was still several months away from Exile v4 at the pace i was advancing then. I made a post about this a month or so ago; i don't remember the specifics any more. It was certainly not a month and a half between Exile v3 and v4

Part of getting over the v3 to v4 hump is it's the first time where you really do need to buy adventure stats. You also really need to be running the x3 R3 24 hour potions pretty much nonstop. If you aren't you are leaving a lot of hacks on the table, and they are the largest source of adventure stats.

I did this with 3 day rebirths on the weekend and 24h rebirths on the weekday, if you did all 24h and splurged on some beast butter you could probably do it in a month.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ineptitude posted:

Realistically more just with pixaal's advice. IME you can safely multiply any given time frame by like 2.5-3x and it's more in line with normal player reality.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

hey what would it take to get a feature that polls the actual date and detects large jumps in cases the computer goes to sleep accidentally before closing the tab, then can do the catch-up as if it were closed?

Can't really detect that, not easily, and opens a hell of a lot of easy exploits so unortunately i probably won't do it. Offline progress should be pretty accurate though!

Also if you goons are interested, the Steam awards are going on if you want to nominate NGU. I think some folks are doing the "rich story" category. You can nominate on the steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

PS: you could also review the game while you're there, tia. <3

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmbo i actually already nominated it for story rich.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
FYI I don't think NGU deserves any award vs the actual games launched in there but I gotta grab whatever publicity I can.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Story rich is going to lose to some anime titty dating game. Some game that is mostly story is going to get it stolen from them, vote NGU if you don't have a legit vote. Don't let anime titties win.

Obviously if you played a real story rich non anime titty game vote for that, that should win.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Shadowstar posted:

Turns out I got too focused on Wishes. I put all my R3 in Adventure Hacks and it was only taking a minute to fill the bar. So gonna focus on that over the weekend idle.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't own it but voted Disco Elysium for story. It was that or Plague Tale.

I did vote NGU for 'Game I Suck At' though. I have Gaudy maxxed now at least, so that's progress. And basics are all capped finally.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

None of the games that deserve the awards will win them because the Steam awards are intentionally so poorly organised so that games which deserve multiple awards like Baba is You or Disco Elysium actually have less chance of winning any of them. Skyrim's getting another award regardless.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Only games that were actually released in 2019 are eligible.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And whatever Call of Modern Duty Field came out this year, probably a star war too. But that's popularity for ya.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Only games that were actually released in 2019 are eligible.
You can vote for whatever you want in Labor of Love.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Well dang, it can be nominated for an entire category, gaming is dead.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Oh you were responding to skyrim specifically. Lol.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Edit: I am dumb.

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 29, 2019

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Alkahistorian is bizarre, a Frankenstein combination of Cultist Simulator and Factorio, the sole gameplay being turning things on and off to make numbers flow in the right direction, and I haven't been able to tear myself away from it for 2 days. :psyduck:

(I'm currently building a perfectly still tornado in order to turn sulfur and plastic into acid)

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Am I nuts? Currently 5 days into a rebirth, trying to get to interdimensional party from meta lands. Looks like it may take another 5 days of hacks and adv training to idle it.

I feel like I’m missing out on so much ygg fruit.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Am I nuts? Currently 5 days into a rebirth, trying to get to interdimensional party from meta lands. Looks like it may take another 5 days of hacks and adv training to idle it.

I feel like I’m missing out on so much ygg fruit.

I'm not sure if it's worth doing longer rebirths while you still have fruit to be upgraded. You gain adventure stats with each rebirth from beards/fruit so I was pretty consistently doing 24hr rebirths through that point in the game, making gradual progress with each rebirth and upgrading fruits along the way. I've really only just this long weekend experimented with doing a longer rebirth and I'm just now starting to be able to manual Exile V1 after about 3 days.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Mr. Peepers posted:

Alkahistorian is bizarre, a Frankenstein combination of Cultist Simulator and Factorio, the sole gameplay being turning things on and off to make numbers flow in the right direction, and I haven't been able to tear myself away from it for 2 days. :psyduck:

(I'm currently building a perfectly still tornado in order to turn sulfur and plastic into acid)

I like how I googled it and was initially very confused since stages 1 and 2 are both very straightforward and not particularly worth this description but Stage 3 is kind of... Nuts? Fun though.

Edit: Actually the more I play the less I like it because it feels completely inscrutable. I feel like I'm missing something about how the numbers work because I keep stalling out, pressing buttons at random and eventually something works but I have no idea why. My brain might be too small for this game.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 30, 2019

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Anyone playing Idle Champions? Am a bit confused about the various modes in which to get chests. Like I can play Krull free play for 1000 candles and get a (random, whatever that means) Krull chest, or I can also play a difficult variant for the same candle price... and also get a chest? Like why would I not choose free play in that scenario?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I can't answer the question specifically, but usually in that sort of thing you get a special reward the first time you complete a mode, and a much-reduced award for replaying something you've already done.

So you wouldn't do the difficult variant at first, but you would want to do it at some point to get that first-run reward.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Jabor posted:

I can't answer the question specifically, but usually in that sort of thing you get a special reward the first time you complete a mode, and a much-reduced award for replaying something you've already done.

So you wouldn't do the difficult variant at first, but you would want to do it at some point to get that first-run reward.

You mean the random chests are entirely random, while the "other" chests are random + a specific reward... yeah that makes sense. Thanks for not explaining it in the slightest, game.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Alternatively it could be that the free play costs 1000 dollarydoos the first time you play it, but has an escalating cost for further runs, meaning at some point you'll want to do the challenge mode to get a "cheap" chest.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Yeah, that might happen as well. I'm currently doing the second free play, so we'll see.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

something posted:

It means if you PM me to claim your insult i will literally do that. I will insult you, right in your face.

I don't have PMs because I gave all my cash to NGU but...

if it helps the process, I'd love to see a Mac version for Steam or Kartridge.

(oh and in-game name is "mynamenumber" and thanks for this weirdly addicting game)

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
If you have Discord, PM me there. The NGU server is my main haunt and i dish out insults as requests come in all day.

Fake edit: gettimg back home tomorrow and i had time this week off to really develop some crazy ideas for the next feature. It's gonna be huge.

NGU's turning into MTG.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

something posted:

If you have Discord, PM me there. The NGU server is my main haunt and i dish out insults as requests come in all day.

Fake edit: gettimg back home tomorrow and i had time this week off to really develop some crazy ideas for the next feature. It's gonna be huge.

NGU's turning into MTG.

Huh, an idle CCG isn’t the worst idea I’ve heard of, I think it might actually work out fairly decently.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Make sure your @ 4g a lot in discord he likes to hear from his fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I know it’s not the in thing but I’m having a great time with Evolve. It’s like Kittens Game but more, and KG is my favorite idle. Evolve may surpass that.