Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I wish I was more sure that this was one of those posts where someone knows they're not the rear end in a top hat and is just looking for validation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

“Racism is bad, but consequences for racism is just as bad” is sadly too common for people to feel about coworkers.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The company is an rear end in a top hat, dude shouldn't even have to be laying down ultimatums for the racist prick to be fired. One little thing that annoyed me about the OP though:

quote:

During that weekend she bought me an Overwatch calendar as a joke since I kept saying "I'm terrible with dates." (get it?)
That's not a joke, that's what calendars are for. If she'd bought you a box of dates, that would be a joke.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
You can't be racist against Japanese, they're white, duh :rolleyes:

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Sunswipe posted:

The company is an rear end in a top hat, dude shouldn't even have to be laying down ultimatums for the racist prick to be fired. One little thing that annoyed me about the OP though:

That's not a joke, that's what calendars are for. If she'd bought you a box of dates, that would be a joke.

terrible with dates as in - acting like an awkward clown on a date with another person, not terrible with dates as in - forgets when it's thanksgiving.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
That calendar thing he did was a really good idea but god, breaking up before it’s done and having to throw out a half-full one sounds grim.

Also his coworker sucks and deserves whatever punishment they get.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ulex minor posted:

terrible with dates as in - acting like an awkward clown on a date with another person, not terrible with dates as in - forgets when it's thanksgiving.

:suicide: I am such an idiot when I'm tired.

Also when I'm not tired.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

alphabettitouretti posted:

Spend the extra $400 on haircuts like this financial genius.

Spent my entire paycheck in one day

I know this isn't true but in my heart it is, and I love it, and it's one of the best things I've ever seen.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Family hired private detective to find me after I received a donated kidney.

quote:

I’m in the United States, however I’m nervous to disclose the state narrowing a search to find me. If unwarranted I can disclose the state.

I was the recipient of a kidney and I declined to ever know who gave it to me and I also noted that I didn’t want any kind of messages from the family. I appreciate the kidney but am not religious and believe everyone should be a donor and it shouldn’t be such a big deal.

Last year the family of the donor pretty much showed up at my doorstep.

They honestly aren’t doing anything that I would call “harassment” just occasional texts (I never gave them my number) inviting me to holidays and some emails with the mother really wanting to spend time with me because part of her daughter is inside me. I politely decline and reinstate my personal beliefs or ignore (depending on the day)

What I would like to know is if I have any legal recourse in how the private detective got this information. And I am curious if it is possible to force them to stop communicating with me.

I want to eat thanksgiving dinner with my daughter's kidney

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

"They're not harassing me, just stalking me and messaging me after I explicitly told them I wanted no contact in so many words."

It's amazing to me what some people will put up with.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Traxis posted:

I want to eat thanksgiving dinner with my daughter's kidney

Man the reddit replies to that one really suck. The OP's been downvoted to hell for asking very reasonable questions. How awful to be recovering from major surgery + whatever condition made it necessary and having to deal with harassment and lovely redditors on top of that.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, the guy that's alive shouldn't get to decide how he spends Thanksgiving. That kidney really wants to go home.

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

Friend [m/22] feels uncomfortable taking gf’s [f/20] virginity. TL;Dr

imprint

He's loving a duckling.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mill Town posted:

He's loving a duckling.

Local kangaroos should be wary.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wanting my wife to wear a ring?

My wife is very attractive and is in her late 20s. I'm still not sure how I managed to get her. She works as a medical rep and makes very good money. I was always certain that and does use her beauty to sell her products. Most people talking to her you can see do want to do things that she says just to please her. She gets free drinks at bars all the time. It is kinda weird

We went to a party together and one of the doctors that she sells to saw her over there work me. She introduced me and the doctor was really surprised she was married. That some weirded me out. I asked her why he would think that especially when she wears a massive ring as well. She then mentioned that she never wears a ring when she tries selling. This really annoyed me. Her reasoning was that she thinks that her sales dropped after she got married and started wearing a ring. I told her that the only reason that is true is if they think that by buying the products they can get in your pants. We got into bit of an argument. But right now we are both ignoring that we had a fight. So what do you think? AITA for wanting her to wear a ring?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DemoneeHo posted:

I found this one wholesome

WIBTA for wanting to go through a marriage pact with my same sex, straight best friend?

Settling: no longer just for best friends of the opposite sex.

(I kid, it's kind of endearing to read about all these weird marriage situations now happening with same-sex pairs)

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wanting my wife to wear a ring?

My wife is very attractive and is in her late 20s. I'm still not sure how I managed to get her. She works as a medical rep and makes very good money. I was always certain that and does use her beauty to sell her products. Most people talking to her you can see do want to do things that she says just to please her. She gets free drinks at bars all the time. It is kinda weird

We went to a party together and one of the doctors that she sells to saw her over there work me. She introduced me and the doctor was really surprised she was married. That some weirded me out. I asked her why he would think that especially when she wears a massive ring as well. She then mentioned that she never wears a ring when she tries selling. This really annoyed me. Her reasoning was that she thinks that her sales dropped after she got married and started wearing a ring. I told her that the only reason that is true is if they think that by buying the products they can get in your pants. We got into bit of an argument. But right now we are both ignoring that we had a fight. So what do you think? AITA for wanting her to wear a ring?

Look dude, you've obviously cottoned on that your wife uses her looks to sell stuff. Not wearing her ring is part of her being perceived as desirable.

If the wife was actually going to cheat or whatever, her wearing a ring would stop/deflect about .001% of dudes anyways. So this is all about the perception, her wearing a ring would make 0 actual difference in the case of a cheating scenario.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My gf (27f) told me (30m) last night she could be with any guy in her dance group if she wanted. Having trouble getting past it.

quote:

My gf is involved with this dance group that’s a huge part of her life. They meet up twice a week and have been involved for quite some time.

She was very upfront with me in the beginning and told me verbatim that I was going to hate the guys in the group because they’re all wild party dudes. When we first started dating a good deal of them were hitting her up on Snapchat.

Last night we were arguing and she let out that if she wanted to, she could sleep with any guy in her dance group, but is choosing to be with me.

As soon as she said it she backtracked and said she didn’t mean it that way.

To be 100% honest, even before last night I was pretty jealous about her dance group and was very up front with her and she understood.

However after last night I’m finding it impossible to get past her comment. I’m very uncomfortable knowing most guys in her group want to sleep with her and she’s dancing with them a couple times a week.

I don’t think I can continue this relationship after what she said, but would love some feedback if anyone’s gone though something like this.

TLDR: gf said something I can’t get past.

My (27f) Bf (30m) is uncomfortable with a dance group I’m in and now he broke up with me

quote:

So to start, I’m involved with a dance group in Philly in the Philadelphia Mummers Fancy Brigade. It’s been a tradition in the city for several years and we perform in front of judges. Guys and girls are together, we don’t dance together and no contact or anything sexual. My dad was involved for 30+ years and I followed his footsteps. We do fundraisers here and there to raise money for the club and charities, adopted a family for Christmas to help with gifts and clothes, help the homeless around the city, etc.

My boyfriend has been very insecure and jealous of me being involved with this, and this is more so of a hobby for me. I’ve been upfront from the very beginning. My boyfriend is not like the guys in the group.. they all like to party and are loud and obnoxious, I’m not like that and he’s not like that and I’ve told him he wouldn’t like them. But I wanted him to come around and I wanted to introduce him to everyone because I also grew up with everyone (my dad being involved, it’s basically a group of all family).

Fast forward to now. Last night we got into an argument where we both were very heated and were yelling. He kept saying things “I’m happy all these guys want to hook up with you. I hope you have fun” and he keeps saying they’re “wild crazy tatted good looking guys” and said that they “all used to hit me up on Snapchat”. He repeatedly said things like that over and over and over and it hurts and Ive told him that. The thing is... almost everyone in the group is either married, has kids and a family, in a long term relationship. And I’ve said that. He kept saying those things over and I couldn’t take it anymore because no matter what I said he wouldn’t listen. I said “if I really wanted to be with them I could but I’m not and don’t want to because I’m in love with you and want you”

I know saying what I said was completely wrong and unforgivable but I said it in a way directed towards him saying that I don’t want anyone else and never did and that I always want to be with him and love him. Ever since I said that, he got angry and broke up with me and hung up the phone. He’s also said the same thing to me about a month or two ago as well.

I know how he feels about the group and I’ve expressed so much that it’s only a hobby, a short amount of time (September- December) and that everyone in the club is family and I’ve grown up with them because of my dad. I’ve expressed several times I wanted him to come around and see what I do to be a little more comfortable but he never has.

I’m at a point where I don’t exactly know what else to do or say. I’ve expressed to him what I meant and that I apologized for what I said when we were angry but I know it’s not excuse and it’s unforgivable.

Is there any advice you guys can give in regards to this situation? How should we go about it? What should I do? What should I say?

TL;DR my bf doesn’t like a dance group I’m with and our fight last night broke us up.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I don't know, while he's within his rights to insist his wife wear her ring, it's not something I would personally care about. So she's fleecing horny dummies and killing it at work, and then comes home to me at the end of the day. Sounds like a win-win. I've never been bitten by the bug that causes possessive jealousy in 80% of straight men, though.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Accept the break up with the insecure dork.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah he's gonna hurt himself with the ring thing bc her income will drop - let her go without if it's part of a winning strategy.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for calling my gay coworker homophobic?

I (24M) work in a grocery store with Jane (21F). A few months ago she came out as gay. I am the only other openly gay person working there so she likes to talk to me quite a lot about gay issues and homophobia, etc, which she is very passionate about. I am not that bothered about these things (I think they are important but I don't like getting involved in politics and stuff), but I try to seem interested when she talks about them.

For the past week she has been trying to get me to come to a pride parade next month. I told her I'd think about it, but told her the next day that I'm not interested. I also suffer from anxiety so a big parade like that sounds awful to me. So now she has been annoying me for the past week about it, talking about it a lot at work, and then texting me after work again to ask again. I've told her no so many times but she keeps asking and trying to explain why I should and how important it is that I support gay pride. I told her to ask someone else to go with her, turns out she has 2 other friends going but wants me to come aswell so then "all the gay people I know will be there".

Today at work I snapped at her and asked her to stop harassing me about it. She then called me an rear end in a top hat and said I am not doing my part for gay people and that I should be ashamed for "supporting homophobia". I just wanted to shut her up at this point and said that the only reason she is harassing me over this is because I'm gay. "You are harassing me becuase I am gay. That is homophobic". Obviously I know she isn't homophobic but I just wanted her to stop annoying me about it.

AITA here?

Edit: I know my comment was dumb and she wasn't being homophobic. I just knew that saying that would get her to shut up and leave me alone. It's worked so far.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pinecone Sample posted:

My gf (27f) told me (30m) last night she could be with any guy in her dance group if she wanted. Having trouble getting past it.

My (27f) Bf (30m) is uncomfortable with a dance group I’m in and now he broke up with me

lmao mummers are the last gasp of vaudeville minstrelsy. she may literally be performing in blackface.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

I don't have anything constructive to say, but everyone involved and in this thread should watch the movie Climax.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (24M) work in a grocery store with Jane (21F). A few months ago she came out as gay. I am the only other openly gay person working there so she likes to talk to me quite a lot about gay issues and homophobia, etc, which she is very passionate about. I am not that bothered about these things (I think they are important but I don't like getting involved in politics and stuff), but I try to seem interested when she talks about them.

For the past week she has been trying to get me to come to a pride parade next month. I told her I'd think about it, but told her the next day that I'm not interested. I also suffer from anxiety so a big parade like that sounds awful to me. So now she has been annoying me for the past week about it, talking about it a lot at work, and then texting me after work again to ask again. I've told her no so many times but she keeps asking and trying to explain why I should and how important it is that I support gay pride. I told her to ask someone else to go with her, turns out she has 2 other friends going but wants me to come aswell so then "all the gay people I know will be there".

Today at work I snapped at her and asked her to stop harassing me about it. She then called me an rear end in a top hat and said I am not doing my part for gay people and that I should be ashamed for "supporting homophobia". I just wanted to shut her up at this point and said that the only reason she is harassing me over this is because I'm gay. "You are harassing me becuase I am gay. That is homophobic". Obviously I know she isn't homophobic but I just wanted her to stop annoying me about it.

AITA here?

Edit: I know my comment was dumb and she wasn't being homophobic. I just knew that saying that would get her to shut up and leave me alone. It's worked so far.
Log cabin Republican probably.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Beachcomber posted:

For the love of God, (((Montresor)))!

:piss:

God drat. This made me lose my poo poo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

The Bramble posted:

I don't know, while he's within his rights to insist his wife wear her ring, it's not something I would personally care about. So she's fleecing horny dummies and killing it at work, and then comes home to me at the end of the day. Sounds like a win-win. I've never been bitten by the bug that causes possessive jealousy in 80% of straight men, though.

Its this right up till its that though, yaknow? Plus the fact she instantly started painting him as a baby-dicked dipshit with no redeeming qualities is basically telling.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Motherfucker posted:

Its this right up till its that though, yaknow? Plus the fact she instantly started painting him as a baby-dicked dipshit with no redeeming qualities is basically telling.

a pharma rep with no morals you say

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Motherfucker posted:

he just got up there and jerked his little boy dick off until nothing came out

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Traxis posted:

when my partner had knee surgery years ago that involved use of donor tissue we were given a completely anonymous form which we could write a small note explaining how the surgery had improved her life (gave her the ability to walk again) and how grateful we were.

the hospital advised that they would match the form with the donor family and send our note to them, also completely anonymously. at no point should either party ever get information about each other unless they both explicitly want it.

tracking that link down should be impossible, full stop, especially by a third party. if a private detective was able to match a donor to a patient via communication with the hospital that's a big no no.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Motherfucker posted:

Plus the fact she instantly started painting him as a baby-dicked dipshit with no redeeming qualities is basically telling.

Wait, when did that happen?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

Wait, when did that happen?

Its hyperbolic but she basically goes 'Hes jealous, hes insecure' without pulling the punch or establishing any redeeming factors within the first two sentences. She never bothered to explain that the relationship is 'good' in any way but sure has a lot to say about how bad it and he is.

He is of course a baby-dick but she should probably break it off with him even disregarding the dance krew

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Motherfucker posted:

Its hyperbolic but she basically goes 'Hes jealous, hes insecure' without pulling the punch or establishing any redeeming factors within the first two sentences. She never bothered to explain that the relationship is 'good' in any way but sure has a lot to say about how bad it and he is.

He is of course a baby-dick but she should probably break it off with him even disregarding the dance krew

I think you're confusing the wife not wearing her ring story, which I was replying to, and the dude who served himself before his dance crew gf could.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The Bramble posted:

I think you're confusing the wife not wearing her ring story, which I was replying to, and the dude who served himself before his dance crew gf could.

o poo poo you're right.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

The Bramble posted:

I don't know, while he's within his rights to insist his wife wear her ring

is he though?

edit: i guess technically in the sense we've got the right to insist whatever we like

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

The Bramble posted:

while he's within his rights to insist his wife wear her ring

...what?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ulex minor posted:

is he though?

edit: i guess technically in the sense we've got the right to insist whatever we like

Narrator: he wasnt

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA here?

I'm not sure who's really the rear end in a top hat here, but at the very least she no longer has to hide all the sexcepades she's having....

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

DandyLion posted:

I'm not sure who's really the rear end in a top hat here, but at the very least she no longer has to hide all the sexcepades she's having....

I dunno, it reeks of "You're not being performatively gay enough for my tastes" to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Neito posted:

I dunno, it reeks of "You're not being performatively gay enough for my tastes" to me.
The baby gay is being an rear end. "OMG i just discovered something, let's have it be 10,000% of who I am at all times" is not something everyone is into.