Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:toot:

e:What a fantastic snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Gonna use my TI-83 to calculate how many people are gonna die from climate change because whoooooooweeeee we are hosed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clim...climate-change/

In related current news the big brained premier of Ontario gleefully pulled the plug on a shitload of renewable energy contracts (costing over $230 million to do so in the process) because... green is bad or something.

They're not refusing to help because they're in denial that there's a global crisis, it's because they're working to ensure that when things do worsen, they're still the ones on top. guillotines

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Dogs are its, unless you know the dog. People are being overly familiar with that dog.

Edit: pretending a dog is a person is an insult to dogs.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1199469352602308609?s=20

Rudy who? Never knew him.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I think he brought me coffee once, maybe.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1199486874882117632

There was a Daily Beast article saying Trump wants to take the war criminals on tour with him to complain and I believe him.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

There was a Daily Beast article saying Trump wants to take the war criminals on tour with him to complain and I believe him.

Old days - Medal winners go on R&R tour to sell war bonds.

2019 - Pardoned war criminals go on campaign tours to pander for the fascist vote.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Eyes Have It posted:

They're not refusing to help because they're in denial that there's a global crisis, it's because they're working to ensure that when things do worsen, they're still the ones on top. guillotines

Yeah it's blatantly obvious at this point that climate change is something they're actively working towards. To what end? Who loving knows. I assume they're trying to kill off a few billion people for... reasons?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Extremely cool that the president is trying to divide the military :tif:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Child soldiers=the deep state now apparently

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fister Roboto posted:

Again, 30% of the voting public are russian assets.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Again, 30% of the voting public are russian assets.

I think the term you’re looking for is “useful idiots.” These are people who think they’re loyal Americans because they love Strong Daddy Trump so much and show their love for Him by repeating every bullshit claim he makes, some (ok, a lot) of which dovetails with Russian disinformation.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fister Roboto posted:

Pencil pushers are not to be hosed with.

Sorry about your mypay issues. Also bummer about your CAC card failure. Did you try the helpline?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1199428632701231106?s=20

A significant portion of US history can be summed up by racist conservatives threatening to use violence if they don't get their way.

Constitutionally enshrined slavery at founding
Civil War
Jim Crow
etc

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I initially thought this was stupid because because he was taking credit. But the stupid goes deeper.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I think the term you’re looking for is “useful idiots.” These are people who think they’re loyal Americans because they love Strong Daddy Trump so much and show their love for Him by repeating every bullshit claim he makes, some (ok, a lot) of which dovetails with Russian disinformation.

They're actively trying to destroy the country.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

mlmp08 posted:

A significant portion of US history can be summed up by racist conservatives threatening to use violence if they don't get their way.

Civil War
Jim Crow
etc

I'm having a hard time accepting that this is a real persons account.

https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/1198657627963547651

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That Works posted:

Oh no will someone please think of the professional athletes....

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This is angering.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-census-lawsuit/u-s-starves-2020-census-of-funding-threatens-undercount-ny-lawsuit-idUSKBN1Y01RJ

quote:

The Brooklyn-based nonprofit Center for Popular Democracy Action and the city of Newburgh, New York accused the government on Tuesday of arbitrarily, capriciously and irrationally slashing resources to count blacks, Hispanics, immigrants, the homeless and other members of “hard-to-count” communities.

They hope to set aside decisions to hire one-third as many enumerators who physically visit homes as in 2010, halve census field offices and reduce community outreach, while ensuring that the government conduct the “actual enumeration” required by the U.S. Constitution.

“Defendants have been operating on the cheap,” refusing even to tap more than $1 billion left over from prior appropriations, CPD Action’s and Newburgh’s complaint said. “Given the size and scope of the decennial census, immediate relief is necessary.”

The nonprofit represents workers, minorities and immigrants.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

burn the earth to ash

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
loving 18k a month is beyond more than adequate for that woman to raise a couple dozen children and invest for retirement. And own nice vehicles and a nice house. And travel. And put kids through school.

18k a month is good money. 216k a year. That’s plenty of money for anyone.

If that’s not enough money for you, just know that you are first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

That Works posted:

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh no will someone please think of the professional athletes....

I mean.. dude's going to be pooping his pants in public from TBI for the last 20 years of his life if he fails to find a way to hold a gun to his head with those gnarled loving fingers from decades of BUCK FIGHTIN,

But sure,

Let's give the pasty white waif 18k a year for playing dress-up one time and uttering "I do".

Jesus loving christ.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's 18k a month.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

Civil War
Jim Crow
etc

They don't just threaten, they use it all the loving time.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Godholio posted:

That's 18k a month.

:kiss:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

quote:

No way women who have never threw a touchdown pass, hit a game winning 3, or hit a 2-0 slider deserve half of a mans hard earned money just for having his babies.

:rolleyes:

Victor Vermis posted:

Let's give the pasty white waif 18k a year for playing dress-up one time and uttering "I do".

Jesus loving christ.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

loving 18k a month is beyond more than adequate for that woman to raise a couple dozen children and invest for retirement. And own nice vehicles and a nice house. And travel. And put kids through school.

18k a month is good money. 216k a year. That’s plenty of money for anyone.

If that’s not enough money for you, just know that you are first against the wall when the revolution comes.

:yikes:

e: lol

https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/1198660556653154304

That Works fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 27, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Oh, he's a baseball player. Must have gone to the Kurt Schilling School for people who were hit in the head with a ball too many times.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Was that fucker hit in the head by a few pitches or what?

In general I'm not a fan of how assets are split (the marriage in question was for 7 years, and Jean's requests were based on their 20-month old daughters' (alleged) requirements to have purses and other accessories before they could leave the house. Somehow that added up to more than half Michael's estate, so the judge ordered their home sold and the proceeds split. That said, this poo poo happened over a decade ago so what the gently caress and also Aubrey is a loving nutcase.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Cool , misogyny exposed. Well done, poster-comrade "That Works".

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

A Bad Poster posted:

Oh, he's a baseball player. Must have gone to the Kurt Schilling School for people who were hit in the head with a ball too many times.

gently caress curt schilling and his ketchup stained socks

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

As a fan of a team that once featured Aubrey Huff, I can confirm that Aubrey Huff is indeed a jackass

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, my extremely edgy, controversial, and sexist take that 18k a month in alimony is more than enough for anyone is certainly a big old yikes.

Get the gently caress out of here with your dumb bullshit posting.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Victor Vermis posted:

Cool , misogyny exposed. Well done, poster-comrade "That Works".

Broke: Women marrying the business man to get to the 1%
Woke: Men marrying the business woman to get to the 1%
Bespoke: Marrying the business man's failson/daughter for long term returns.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I'd marry the poo poo out of some fail daughter to be insta rich. Scotch doesn't buy itself.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
This entire conversation is problematic as gently caress and you should all stop talking about it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
For what it's worth, professional sportplayers tend to skew hella, hella libertarian. Setting aside the dudebro jock poo poo, a middling player would sign a $1m contract, of which ~$300k immediately goes to the taxman and ~$100k probably goes to the agent. That turns them a bit mentally goofy, getting only $600k of their $1m, plus all of the bullshit that sportowners like to pull to deny them that money if they get hurt. Make that paranoia exponential for the big-time players with big-time contracts.

The richest bunch tend to not give a gently caress and will randomly spout out nonsense because dammit, that bitch gonna get all my money in the divorce. Most have the good sense to shut up... but their brain tells them to start investing in wacky poo poo like bitcoin.

It's the same general story - money turns people libertarian/conservative in a hurry, then blend that with dudebro jock poo poo and you get an Aubrey Huff.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

McNally posted:

This entire conversation is problematic as gently caress and you should all stop talking about it.

Extremely very lame.

A lot of men dislike women and demand action on it.

Like goddamn, men create a patriarchy, benefit from it massively, and then when some of the richest men among men end up paying a woman or women in their lives an in-comparison modest compensation, it's knives out for... the women? gently caress that, dudes who want to show how fuckin' awful they are should be allowed to instead of protected from revealing their own bigotry.

Opportunity not taken: Hey, let's talk about the wage gender gap and how hosed the patriarchy is when it comes to women's employment.

Opportunity taken: GIPers bitching about how women are stealing men's wages via divorce abloobloo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

in-comparison modest compensation

This is the part where just about every breathing person has a different opinion.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

Extremely very lame.

A lot of men dislike women and demand action on it.

Like goddamn, men create a patriarchy, benefit from it massively, and then when some of the richest men among men end up paying a woman or women in their lives an in-comparison modest compensation, it's knives out for... the women? gently caress that, dudes who want to show how fuckin' awful they are should be allowed to instead of protected from revealing their own bigotry.

Opportunity not taken: Hey, let's talk about the wage gender gap and how hosed the patriarchy is when it comes to women's employment.

Opportunity taken: GIPers bitching about how women are stealing men's wages via divorce abloobloo.

You misunderstand. The conversation had taken a very misogynistic turn and I wanted it to stop so I could figure out how many people would get to take breaks.

If you want to talk about how hosed up the patriarchy is, I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
E: ^^ ah, got it

Godholio posted:

This is the part where just about every breathing person has a different opinion.

I'm no family lawyer, but her original awarded child support was $18K/month. It was reuced later, and now she's sueing to get it reinstated at the original level. I get that $18K is a lot of money. But anyone bitching about her $18K month who doesn't demand systemic wealth redistribution, starting with the rich-as-hell dudes who run this joint, is at best getting played by a dumb misogynistic trope for the benefit of the wealthy or at worst just projecting their own relationship problems onto others.

E: How to crack down on very high amount of child support is reducing wealth inequality, income inequality, and improving social services, not to rail against the demographic known as single parents and the children they raise or co-raise.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 27, 2019