Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Yeah. Gmax is definitely not 100% even if solo.

Anyway, breeding question. I know male and female Indeedees are version locked, but how about for breeding? Like, if I throw a male in with a Ditto, or a female in with Ditto/compatible male, could I get both, or is what you hatch version locked too?

No, breeding lets you get both. I didnt even realize they were version locked, I just figured breeding the other gender was faster than hunting down a spawn in the forest. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

CubeTheory posted:

This is real stupid article, but please do not besmirch my good good boy Brian David Gilbert

The Bee posted:

Brian David Gilbert is as good a content creator as he is horrible a judge of mustaches.

Fine, I rescind my judgement of the erstwhile rapper, but dude needs a serious reality check about that 'stache.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm willing to live with the stache because his videos are excellent

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So I'm pretty sure moxie gyarados can pretty much solo the battle tower.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I've just learned that Ferroseed's model is literally embedded in the ground in battle. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Having an issue where Pokemon automatically disconnects my switch from the internet and connects it to local y-comm upon startup, halting game downloads. And when I connect to the internet in-game, it still won't let me download anything while playing because the game is using the internet connection. Is there a way around this?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

MacheteZombie posted:

Would you be willing to trade one of these cool gorillas? I have adamant 4/5iv ralts for gallades, or jolly 4iv dreepys I can trade!

I have a few 4 IV breedjects left yes. Send whatever you wish.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I just realized that Galaran Meowth and Perrserker are supposed to be vikings.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
When I think Britain, I definitely think vikings.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Clarste posted:

who do you think the saxons were

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Stonjourner is also just an anthropomorphic Stonehenge, right?

frankly I'm shocked Braviary doesn't have a Galarian form.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Putting out the call here too, I've got a rando Stonjourner that jumped me while I was hunting something else, haven't even glanced at the IVs yet that I'm looking to trade for an Eiscue that can be equally as rando.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Clarste posted:

lol look at this dork who doesn't play ck2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Heathen_Army

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Bede is the best character in the game and the only one that I wonder "where is Bede" when he's not around.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Four days of grinding Watts and a single Den for Mime Jr. later, I am now mentally strong enough to fight Nessa and maybe get her outfit.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Clarste posted:

... Is this a bit? Cause Vikings are an enormous part of the history of the isles and the development of modern English

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs, bred Magikarps until I got one with 4 perfect IVs, paired them up, then found out to get the ideal ability for battling (Moxie) you need to catch a max raid Gyarados and hope it has that ability. So after spending 3-4 days looking for a Gyarados raid and not finding one, I finally got lucky today, did the raid and caught it. Except, of course, it didn't have Moxie, it had Intimidate instead. So I guess now I get to spend another few days looking for another Gyarados raid, hoping it has Moxie (and that I can catch it) and then more time to breed/raise it. Ahh, this is going to get tedious fast.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Freakbox posted:

Whoever "DietDrPibb" is, since I'm pretty sure they're a goon, thanks for letting me participate in your Raid with the super high level pokemon and my dopey level 22 Drizzile. I can't believe I caught a Bronzong.

I can't believe I didn't DIE. :aaaaa: :3:

Ha your welcome, mine from that raid had literal perfect IVs it was a good run.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So I been reading that the whole Dynamax this is really killing the competitive scene, since it's pretty one-dimensional and flat-out better on some pokemon that dominate the scene (Hawlucha/Gyarados/Excadrill). Can ayone who keeps better track of the scene give their thoughts?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Parrotine posted:

So I been reading that the whole Dynamax this is really killing the competitive scene, since it's pretty one-dimensional and flat-out better on some pokemon that dominate the scene (Hawlucha/Gyarados/Excadrill). Can ayone who keeps better track of the scene give their thoughts?

It's no worse than z.moves or.megas. Well in regards to centralizing poo poo. It is more boring cause it dmax is infinitely less thought out than either of those.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Going for Shiny Oddish right now for a friend. It is... not going as fast as the Zigzagoon is :v:

It would probably help if I had a shiny charm, but I'm still 38 Pokemon short.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Yolomancer posted:

I got a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs, bred Magikarps until I got one with 4 perfect IVs, paired them up, then found out to get the ideal ability for battling (Moxie) you need to catch a max raid Gyarados and hope it has that ability. So after spending 3-4 days looking for a Gyarados raid and not finding one, I finally got lucky today, did the raid and caught it. Except, of course, it didn't have Moxie, it had Intimidate instead. So I guess now I get to spend another few days looking for another Gyarados raid, hoping it has Moxie (and that I can catch it) and then more time to breed/raise it. Ahh, this is going to get tedious fast.

If you are on the pokegoon discord 23 hours from now I can trade you a breedject. Every one should get the opportunity to bask in the glory brainless battle tower wins. (I did 20 battles in a row tonight just leading with gyarados and him not fainting once)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is it possible to do link trades with whoever you want in the world by just using the same 4 digit code?

Finding a deino may be the end of me...

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

How long does it usually take for Smogon to come out with their move sets and tiers? I'm super bad at figuring that stuff out and usually just build up sets they say are good for my battle tower / online teams.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Mef989 posted:

How long does it usually take for Smogon to come out with their move sets and tiers? I'm super bad at figuring that stuff out and usually just build up sets they say are good for my battle tower / online teams.

Their dex isnt up yet but if you go to the forums most of the viable mons have a thread in the OU forum.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Is it possible to do link trades with whoever you want in the world by just using the same 4 digit code?

Finding a deino may be the end of me...

I've done quite a few trades with people I'm not friends with, using the same Link code. It sometimes takes a minute of searching, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Parrotine posted:

It was pretty ill thought out. A lot of things just flat out don't do anything against it, limiting what you can do to Dynamaxed mons, making it kind of boring to play against.

Also probably the biggest indirect buff it gives is that Dynamaxing breaks Choice locks. Thankfully it cancels out the boost as well, but that basically makes Choice sets a lot stronger since they can buff up for 3 turns while still damaging you, and then go right back to murder mode afterwards with the choice items.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Based on what I've read on the subject you can use it on any pokemon without loving with their held items and it lasts for multiple turns and gives tons of buffs. So way worse than the other 2 old gimmicks right off the bat. The issue though comes with its accessibility, say those 3 in your post are banned, that doesn't actually fix anything because there will inevitably be a second/third/fourth tier of pokemon who abuse it far better than the rest. Seems like a real mess of a mechanic

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I've done quite a few trades with people I'm not friends with, using the same Link code. It sometimes takes a minute of searching, though.

In that case, does anyone have some breaded pseudo legendaries? :v: I'm fine with level 1s.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Another accessibility concern is that literally any Pokemon can use it. They don't need to be holding a Wishing Star or anything. This means your opponent could conceivably Dynamax any of their Pokemon, and therefore soup up their best counter to your team instead of needing to figure out how to best utilize their chosen Mega.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Are the Pangoro line and the galarian farfetched line the only two with scrappy in this game?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Wow, I have an adamant Mamoswine with thick fat in the pokeball of my choice. I only decided I really wanted to do that like three hours ago, and here I am, hidden ability and everything.

I don't know if I got extremely lucky (third Mamoswine I caught had a hidden ability, and it only took me like 20 "days" to get three Mamoswines), but I feel like getting whatever the heck you want in this game is... actually doable. Like, I had enough wishing pieces that I easily could have done that legit.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Bee posted:

Brian David Gilbert is as good a content creator as he is horrible a judge of mustaches.

i will defend bdgs moustache with my body

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Clarste posted:

well yeah they raided the gently caress out of britain

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Deified Data posted:

Bede is the best character in the game and the only one that I wonder "where is Bede" when he's not around.

He looks and dresses like a grandmother with no self awareness of this. This isn't a complaint.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Yolomancer posted:

I... actually just caught a female Gyarados with Moxie and an Attack+ nature on my first try. :ohdear:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
dynamax was a super fun thing in the story and i really enjoyed it, but i've been pretty sour on it in pvp so far. i imagine it's even worse in 3v3 Battle Spot. no idea how its impacting VGC.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

really looking forward to how swift swim drednaw(or anything really) can set it's own rain if it dynamaxes, but considering you would probably want 1 turn to swords dance, then 1 turn to not have priority, I'm not sure how good it will be? plus things like sandaconda having an ability that sets sandstorm when hit. Weather wars are coming back in absolute force and I already hate it

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
When I first heard they didnt have all the mons in, I figured they were probably going to do DLC patches or something, but now Im wondering if the "third version" is just going to be "Ultra" versions like with Sun and Moon, and maybe theyll add more mons in but it still wont be like the third editions used to be where they got rid of most exclusives and just had all of them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Some of them are 3*. But no way to get 1-2* that I know of. Eat all the XP candy you've been saving on something - Eternatus probably is best in terms of raw power, or your legendary doggo - and share with the internet if you care about doing them.

Starting to breed my Battle Tower team, so if anybody's not using their Beast Ball, it's the only fashion I care about and I'd love to take it off your hands!

Unless the mon is super effectiv vs poisondragons, or its some bullshit fight like Gene Simmons, use Eternatus. It’s 100 power cannon is doubled vs dynamax stuff. So 200 power that never misses and does a shitload of dmg through barriers. God help the target if it’s weak to dragon too.

Alternately bring something like Corviknight with just two weaknesses, lots of resists, a decent bulk, and the ability to self buff and just smack poo poo around as neeeded when it’s not a gimmick raid.