Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Told someone about this at dinner the other day and someone at the next table turned to me and said “what??????”

Typical nosy Yankees eavesdropping on private conversations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/his-dark-materials-lee-scoresby-texan-lin-manuel-miranda/

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

zoux posted:

Name one religious thing about Pilgrims

Weren't the first pilgrims the bloody Puritans?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Weren't the first pilgrims the bloody Puritans?

I assume that’s :thejoke:

Also, pilgrims, in the older meaning, are people who go on pilgrimages. That is, people who undertake journeys to sites of religious significance for spiritual purposes.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Also, the best secular holiday is New Years Eve.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Thanksgiving sucks because everything is closed

Fight me nerds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Thanksgiving sucks because everything is closed

Fight me nerds

gonna walk outside to the jack in the box next door and take a picture of their banner that says "HAPPY HOLIDAYS, we're OPEN on thanksgiving!!"

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

i say swears online posted:

gonna walk outside to the jack in the box next door and take a picture of their banner that says "HAPPY HOLIDAYS, we're OPEN on thanksgiving!!"

Nothing says Thanksgiving like a Buttery Jack!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

zoux posted:

Thanks for Confederate Heroes day

It's bullshit that state employees only get holiday comp time when this falls on a weekday.

Before the state GOP completely collapses we should fight to upgrade this to a full-time holiday! :freep:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

i say swears online posted:

A huge percentage of retail places are open and serving the public. Like, it’s embarrassing how many places are open.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

litany of gulps posted:

Nothing says Thanksgiving like a Buttery Jack!

Once had several orders of jack in the box tacos on Christmas Day

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

EwokEntourage posted:

Once had several orders of jack in the box tacos on Christmas Day

I heard that making those jack tacos sears the poo poo out of your fingers. Confirm/deny?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/KHOU/status/1199646613435768838

I wish I lived next to a bomb :911:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

litany of gulps posted:

I heard that making those jack tacos sears the poo poo out of your fingers. Confirm/deny?

They're deep fried but you have to open em up to put toppings in. It's gotta be rough

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this was terrible btw and I could very well not bother with the rest of the show now

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/engineco16/status/1199809542504079360

some chemical plant blew up near Beaumont

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Business is STILL booming here in Texas!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I am currently 13 miles from that plant.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
gently caress they make 1,3 butadiene

It's real bad stuff, I've written an RMP plan on it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

oxsnard posted:

gently caress they make 1,3 butadiene

It's real bad stuff, I've written an RMP plan on it

Dont worry, after next legislative session is done, no one will have to write plans about any of this stuff!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
when West exploded it damaged the roof of The Kolache Place

I guess it also leveled a retirement home or something

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Plus a school.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I am currently 13 miles from that plant.

:rip:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hard to overstate what an industrial hell swamp this part of the state is.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Dont worry, after next legislative session is done, no one will have to write plans about any of this stuff!

Serious answer, PSM/RMP is a weird regulation in that:

1. It's insanely expensive to comply with
2. Is responsible for a massive percentage of fines and penalties doled out by EPA
3. EPA and OSHA can hit you for the same non compliance
4. Requirements are written such that standards get progressively more strict as technology improves and no new rule needs to be written and approved for you to be subject to the new safety technology

Given all that, industry would be pissed if you removed the rule because it helps them benchmark risk and forces local emergency managers to actually pay attention to the potential risks facilities pose to the community (and train on them)

GreyjoyBastard posted:

That fertilizer plant wasn't subject to RMP due to initial carveouts when the rule was written, which is why they got away with no fire sprinklers and didn't have to inform local emergency responders about the risks

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Hard to overstate what an industrial hell swamp this part of the state is.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Has anyone ITT gotten certified as a Volunteer Deputy Registrar in Texas? I'm gonna take the class in January.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
It’s super easy. In Tarrant County you can do it online.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

litany of gulps posted:

Never made them, just eaten them, but can confirm they sear your rear end in a top hat on the way out

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

oxsnard posted:

Has anyone ITT gotten certified as a Volunteer Deputy Registrar in Texas? I'm gonna take the class in January.

dalstrs posted:

It’s super easy. In Tarrant County you can do it online.

Did it in Harris years ago in person and it was easy peasy amd quick.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Does it require me to hand-deliver the application during working hours? It looks like that is the case in Denton County. They also require an in-person test.

Edit: Because of where I live, I think I need to get Denton, Collin, and Dallas county for maximum effectiveness.

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 2, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1201859210570584064

quote:

He summed up one of his opponents like this: “He’s a Korean,” said Miller, describing Jacey Jetton, a former chairman of the Fort Bend GOP. “He has decided because, because he is an Asian that my district might need an Asian to win. And that’s kind of racist in my mind, but anyway, that’s not necessary, at least not yet.”

Yes Jacey Jetton definitely sounds like the racist in this scenario

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
running an anti-asian campaign in Ft Bend county is, ummmmm.... unwise

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

litany of gulps posted:

Used to work at a sonic, can confirm. You can't open -all- of them with the tongs/knife.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1201946046479437825

Our mans is determined to follow this ship to the bottom of the ocean

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1201946046479437825

Our mans is determined to follow this ship to the bottom of the ocean

It would make sense that suburbia running from Trump would avoid his sorry rear end as well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh he has access to the same internals and smoky-backroom-conversations as every other party leader; he's just straight up lying because flattery works on Trump.

https://twitter.com/andreazelinski/status/1201965734752071681

This dude is a four term House member and he's about to get bounced because he's too racist to keep his mouth shut.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 3, 2019

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
small sample size, but trump supporters in my suburban neighborhood have been oddly quiet recently

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

oxsnard posted:

small sample size, but trump supporters in my suburban neighborhood have been oddly quiet recently

My sample is Bonnen, candidly on a secret tape recorded conversation, telling MQS that Trump is -15 in Garland. Now, I have full faith in the Democratic party to somehow gently caress this up, but every piece of evidence available to us indicates that Trump is insanely unpopular in the suburbs, especially among college-educated women.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1201903102976286720

You motherfucker

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

zoux posted:

My sample is Bonnen, candidly on a secret tape recorded conversation, telling MQS that Trump is -15 in Garland. Now, I have full faith in the Democratic party to somehow gently caress this up, but every piece of evidence available to us indicates that Trump is insanely unpopular in the suburbs, especially among college-educated women.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1201903102976286720

You motherfucker

he's a monster