Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Nooooooo I've got nits ;_;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

NORTH-HALL posted:

Nitain looks different than I remember.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Left or Right?

Right for sure.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

NORTH-HALL posted:

if only he came with a Nitt Egg Kohm...

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I actually got a chance to play with other people last night*, and it was glorious. We were doing defense on... some place on saturn :shobon: and my Khora actually managed to keep up for all 20 waves even though I forgot to switch over to Corrosive Projection.
At one point, the elevator was at the bottom level and I had my strangledome over the cryopod, and grineer kept jumping down from the top level directly into it. It was a constant gentle rain of grineer parts.

*I'm the primary caregiver for my mom and I often can't play games I can't pause without notice. :(

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Left or Right?

+IPS is literally the worst, never go for it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Agents are GO! posted:

So I actually got a chance to play with other people last night*, and it was glorious. We were doing defense on... some place on saturn :shobon: and my Khora actually managed to keep up for all 20 waves even though I forgot to switch over to Corrosive Projection.
At one point, the elevator was at the bottom level and I had my strangledome over the cryopod, and grineer kept jumping down from the top level directly into it. It was a constant gentle rain of grineer parts.

*I'm the primary caregiver for my mom and I often can't play games I can't pause without notice. :(

warframe is chill enough that you can just type afk and let yourself die and no one will care.

My strategy whenever I can't focus too much is running an assimilate nyx, so you can just walk away for 10 minutes at a time and come back to a legion of enemies trying to kill you without success.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Is pvp in this game any fun? I'm guessing the answer is "oh god no" since I haven't seen it discussed literally anywhere.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

ConfusedPig posted:

Is pvp in this game any fun? I'm guessing the answer is "oh god no" since I haven't seen it discussed literally anywhere.

that's the case yeah. It has been pretty much forgotten for years

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

less than 1% of the playerbase engages with pvp and the devs actively don't attempt to expand on it anymore

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

What are the issues with it exactly? The game modes and feel of them are bad? Balance is completely borked?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

ConfusedPig posted:

What are the issues with it exactly? The game modes and feel of them are bad? Balance is completely borked?

The simplest problem is that it's still peer to peer.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
You know how you can perfectly headshot a Grineer from 50 meters while aimgliding?

That's what's wrong with Warframe PvP

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's not as exciting as normal warframe gameplay

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Plus, for the same time spent, you could be playing more fine-tuned PvP free to play FPS games that were built just for that purpose and aren't abandoned by the devs , Apex Legends has warframe mobility-lite climbing everything, grappling at high speeds, sliding around everywhere and general high mobility gameplay that I'd highly recommend, Rainbow six siege if you prefer the slow camping and corner peaking sort of deathmatch FPS.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Plus, for the same time spent, you could be playing more fine-tuned PvP free to play FPS games that were built just for that purpose and aren't abandoned by the devs , Apex Legends has warframe mobility-lite climbing everything, grappling at high speeds, sliding around everywhere and general high mobility gameplay that I'd highly recommend, Rainbow six siege if you prefer the slow camping and corner peaking sort of deathmatch FPS.

Wait is R6 siege f2p now? Last I looked it was still :20bux:
The other big competitor for "f2p looter shooter with pvp" is Destiny.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

looter games shouldn't have PvP, period

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Johnny Joestar posted:

less than 1% of the playerbase engages with pvp and the devs actively don't attempt to expand on it anymore

WoW still does the whole "you don't like it because you haven't tried it PROPERLY, so we are making it mandatory again" with PvP every expansion still so I'm really glad that Warframe doesn't

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

BMan posted:

looter games shouldn't have PvP, period

it should have pvp based on it's principles, Warframe should have pvp speed-obstacle-coursing

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it should have pvp based on it's principles, Warframe should have pvp speed-obstacle-coursing

Winner gets two pineapples, oh boy.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Goa Tse-tung posted:

That'd be great but they'd need alter the abilities a bunch so it's not just Nova winning the pineapple cup every time.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Warframe has that already, When you are waiting at the two person doors for a teammate to show up while you mash X for 2 minutes? that's called the winners circle.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

When you roll into a Hydron in your killframe and the other three players are Equinox, Saryn and Volt? That’s pvp

E: the volt brought Physique

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The only fun PvP in this game is Void Defense.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I was so pissed that they removed Quick Melee from polearm in Melee 3.0 that I quit the game for 6 months. Now they put it back in and I'm playing again. I just went through every melee weapon I had and the only ones that let me run freely instead of locking my feet into combo steps, are all polearms, all staves, and Heat Sword, apparently.

It's bizarre to me that they go about it this way, but hey, I'm not complaining, I have my fun blender-ninja back. On top of that, Lesion is now as good as a Zaw, and combo multipliers with Naramon let you just have like +700% crit chance up all the time?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Many weapons now have a forward momentum sweeping attack with forward+right click. Though these are typically not exactly the same as old polearms constant forward spin, and some of the more ridiculous combos that would propel you forward to an absurd degree have had that travel distance toned down a lot.

Even so, ya, you can have a huge crit chance and CO is still good against anything that isn't status immune. Crit is very very strong right now.

Other odd winners are things like Fragor Prime, Reaper Prime, personally I've been melting the hell out of liches with my old Dual Ichor.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PVP is when you close the elevator in your friends' face

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tulip posted:

PVP is when you close the elevator in your friends' face

I have seen some people get mad that people didn't wait for them before taking the elevator.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
PvP is bringing a kill-frame to a Radiation sortie.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

prefect posted:

I have seen some people get mad that people didn't wait for them before taking the elevator.
There's having to wait at extract because some confused beginner got lost or wants to raid that last locker.
And then there's having to wait because someone intentionally hit the button as they saw you coming, slamming the door in your face.

Outside of trying to gently caress your team with an alt-f4 host migration or going afk with the mobdef data it's pretty much the most jerky thing you can pull in warframe. This is a good thing.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I would unironically love if they added race obstacle courses. Or like, archwing or kdrive races against other players.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Obligatum VII posted:

I would unironically love if they added race obstacle courses. Or like, archwing or kdrive races against other players.

That's basically what they hinted at during the last dev stream. I believe Steve mentioned something along the lines of Mario Kart for Warframe. Or Something.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

It's bizarre to me that they go about it this way, but hey, I'm not complaining, I have my fun blender-ninja back. On top of that, Lesion is now as good as a Zaw, and combo multipliers with Naramon let you just have like +700% crit chance up all the time?

Yeah, Lesion's done really well from the rebalance evening out the huge range advantage Zaws had. Orthos Prime is also a beast now, check it out if you haven't.

As Funky mentioned, block + forward + attack is a gap closer for most weapons though I find it a bit hard to control yet. Another very quick closer is forward bullet jump + heavy attack slam which is instant.

They've come up with a consistent system for attack power vs mobility. Attacks without forward pressed are more powerful while forward lessens power but gives more mobility and sweep. That's the theory as I understand it anyway. So the most powerful single target attacks should in theory be on block+attack without forward being pressed.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I'd like them to give me someway to get Tenshin items. There's a whole bunch of stuff I doubt I'll ever get my grubby mits on.

I've started hunting Liches, why are all of them the sarcastic pun guy. Does the game just reflect my smart rear end attitude? I've also gotta find some more efficient murder ways to do rank 5 Liches. I end up just using Revenant cheese with high rate of fire secondary into their noggin and quick meleeing my way through the level 100 grineer.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Morkfang posted:

That's basically what they hinted at during the last dev stream. I believe Steve mentioned something along the lines of Mario Kart for Warframe. Or Something.
Pablo has mentioned a rough draft of an idea like that being in dev limbo/backlog for months now (and possibly way longer). From the vague descriptions it game it kinda sounded like checkpoint races (not sure which tilesets or open worlds) with normalized frame speed. Gonna assume 1-5 would probably be disabled as well.

They likely still need to redesign stuff to make it actually fun so it doesn't just turn into framefigher 2.0, which means they'll have to wait until the empyrian/new war workload dies down a bit. So maybe don't hold your breath.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 27, 2019

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Pablo has mentioned a rough draft of an idea like that being in dev limbo for months now (and possibly way longer). From the vague descriptions it game it kinda sounded like checkpoint races (not sure which tilesets or open worlds) with normalized frame speed. Gonna assume 1-5 would probably be disabled as well.

I hope they have a cephalon announcer running commentary and everything.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

The first time ever I shanked my lich, the glyph in position 1 on my Parazon got a big red line through it, presumably meaning it was wrong. The others stayed grey. The second time, after swapping glyphs, the new one in position 1 turned yellow, presumably meaning it's right, but the other two stayed grey. Fucker's still alive, so they're presumably wrong, but why didn't at least the second one go red? Does it mean they're right, but the wrong way round?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pipski posted:

The first time ever I shanked my lich, the glyph in position 1 on my Parazon got a big red line through it, presumably meaning it was wrong. The others stayed grey. The second time, after swapping glyphs, the new one in position 1 turned yellow, presumably meaning it's right, but the other two stayed grey. Fucker's still alive, so they're presumably wrong, but why didn't at least the second one go red? Does it mean they're right, but the wrong way round?

You have to beat them up again and then stab them again to test the second glyph. (You will also have to do this for the third glyph.)

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

prefect posted:

You have to beat them up again and then stab them again to test the second glyph. (You will also have to do this for the third glyph.)

Ah right, ta. So even if you had all three correct ones in from the get go, you'd still need to encounter him three times? Bit counter intuitive, but okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can do all 3 stabs in the same encounter.