Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Wait, so Lance Storm ended up with custody of Dominic? When was this match? Or is this another lineal thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am a gay trans woman but Sonny Kiss gives me all sorts of confusing feelings :stare:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rarity posted:

I am a gay trans woman but Sonny Kiss gives me all sorts of confusing feelings :stare:

Sonny Kiss's amazing moves transcend all gender and orientation boundaries.

I support all my fellow goons here no matter your gender, orientation, or ethnicity and wish you all the happiness in the world. Let us love and respect one another under the banner of pro graps.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Sonny Kiss has something going on that appeals to everyone on the spectrum. A man who's a 0 on the Kinsey scale is still gonna feel something the first time he sees Kiss.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sonny Kiss has something going on

It’s the butt

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rarity posted:

Asses are honestly the true unifier of humanity

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Junpei Hyde posted:

Asses are honestly the true unifier of humanity

Billy Gunn had it right all along.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Spikegal posted:

:justpost:

Do I count if I consider myself trans/gender fluid and I'm still interested in women? I'm not joking so please don't make fun.

The T stands for trans so yeah, you're LGBT. This is one of the reasons that a lot of people have begun defaulting to queer instead of LGBT. While the word queer is reclaimed in the eyes of a lot of younger queer people, older LGBT people can remember a time when it was a slur and many aren't comfortable with it. So be wary of using it around older people. "The queers" or "a queer" are still considered bad for the same reason "the blacks" or "the gays" is.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is all of wrestlehut just a goon support group for people realizing they are or might be bi or at least curious?

Asking for a friend.

So many goons being bi isn't too surprising because bisexuals are the largest queer group, which makes it super aggravating that so many other queer people insist we don't insist! As far as I can tell half of SA is some sort of queer. Whenever I pop my head into the other subforums there's someone making an offhand mention about being queer . I'd be interested in a demographics poll for Something Awful but I'm 100% sure efforts to compile one would be a mess.

I called myself bi when I thought I was cis. Now that I know I'm non-binary I still do. The bisexual manifesto describes bisexuality as attraction to both masculinity and femininity and explicitly states that it includes trans, non-binary, etc people. Not sure where it stands on agender people though. It's been a long time since I went through it and trans issues made caused uncomfortable gender thoughts at the time so I skipped most information on trans issues.

It does seem weird to me that 5 years ago I was struggling to ignore that several nonbinary friends had stories and pasts were similar to mine. Not just because it was an entirely different frame of mind but now I'm on HRT to androgynize me, I'm dating a lesbian, and suicidal ideation no longer dominates my life. None of those were conceivable to me even two years ago.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Wait, so Lance Storm ended up with custody of Dominic? When was this match? Or is this another lineal thing?

Dominic trained at one of Lance's Storm Wrestling Academy classes. It looks like Brad Shepherd either extrapolated from that and made a (wrong) guess he could report as news, or he was given fake information by somebody else and reported it. Then threw a fit when first Bryan Alvarez and then Lance himself told him his story was 100% completely and totally wrong.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hellblazer187 posted:

In the last.... I dunno 3-4 months I think I've come to the realization I might be a little bit bi or pan or whatever. This is actually the first time I'm saying this to another person but the "making fun of bad wrestling opinions" thread on a dead gay forum seems like the most supportive place in my life. Right now I feel like it's only a very little bit, but who knows. I've only ever been with women and I'm currently married to a cis woman. And we're going through some problems but it's still very savable IMO and I'm going to try to do just that. So very good chance I'll never explore this. And who knows, in like 2-3 months I might be like "man what was I thinking, that doesn't appeal to me at all." So I'm not at the point of self identifying as anything but I dunno. Anyways thanks for reading and being good people.

Good on you for saying this - I'm just a boring cis guy but even just posting about it here is a positive step in your own journey.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
On Moxley leaving WWE:

quote:

He (Seth) was completely right about Dean Ambrose. Dean gave 100% effort towards the company and the company pushed him in the tag team and world title scene. You really can’t ask for more than that but Dean started making GBS threads on WWE because his fan responses were mediocre. Dean has been the most lackluster singles member of the Shield since they split and Dean did try to take his ball and go home. He has nothing to complain about with WWE; he received more opportunities than most people in the company ever get. Dean couldn’t live up to his own hype. Throwing up some middle fingers and playing in barbed wire isn’t going to change that for him at AEW either.

Time for an ice cold take: Moxley is one of AEW's biggest stars, and feels like a much bigger deal there than he ever did in WWE. He is also way more entertaining in AEW (although I will admit, the segment where he dressed up as The Mountie and caused everyone to corpse was goddamn amazing).

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hellblazer187 posted:

In the last.... I dunno 3-4 months I think I've come to the realization I might be a little bit bi or pan or whatever. This is actually the first time I'm saying this to another person but the "making fun of bad wrestling opinions" thread on a dead gay forum seems like the most supportive place in my life. Right now I feel like it's only a very little bit, but who knows. I've only ever been with women and I'm currently married to a cis woman. And we're going through some problems but it's still very savable IMO and I'm going to try to do just that. So very good chance I'll never explore this. And who knows, in like 2-3 months I might be like "man what was I thinking, that doesn't appeal to me at all." So I'm not at the point of self identifying as anything but I dunno. Anyways thanks for reading and being good people.

You don't have to do anything sexual to be bi and anyone who tells you otherwise is a big fuckin piece of poo poo that should shut the gently caress up

Anyway good luck on your journey of self-discovery feel free to pm me if you have any questions :)

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 27, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

On Moxley leaving WWE:

Time for an ice cold take: Moxley is one of AEW's biggest stars, and feels like a much bigger deal there than he ever did in WWE. He is also way more entertaining in AEW (although I will admit, the segment where he dressed up as The Mountie and caused everyone to corpse was goddamn amazing).

Uhm, when exactly did Moxley take his ball and go home? He very purposefully did the exact opposite of that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MJeff posted:

Uhm, when exactly did Moxley take his ball and go home? He very purposefully did the exact opposite of that.

Beats me. I was thinking the same thing you are. :shrug:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

MJeff posted:

Leaving when your contract is up is taking your ball and going home now

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Draxion posted:

Leaving when your contract is up is taking your ball and going home now

It is because WWE is a cult and you're supposed to stay there until you die

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

It is because WWE is a cult and you're supposed to stay there until you die
this is an extremely inappropriate post for this thread by which i mean it’s very correct

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheBradShepard/status/1199592200742543360

Yeah, I'm sure he named his son after an AEW VP ~15 years before AEW was a thing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

https://twitter.com/TheBradShepard/status/1199592200742543360

Yeah, I'm sure he named his son after an AEW VP ~15 years before AEW was a thing.
Not only that but the quote he’s tweeting is from 3 years before AEW existed

E: I mean I’m pretty sure it’s a joke but Brad Shepard is Poe’s Law personified so...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave Meltzer named his son after a Street Fighter character.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The real gems are in the replies

edit: and Brad is liking them all, so he's actually just that dumb

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 27, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Can't believe that cocksucker Shave Seltzer named his kid after wild west legend Buffalo Bill Cody. What a fuckin mark, smdh...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Who the heck is Brad Shepherd, anyways :confused:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
a miserable pile of scoops

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Who the heck is Brad Shepherd, anyways :confused:

Let's put it to you this way - you know that kid that would ask the teacher for "more homework", now imagine that kid, but growing up to be a reply guy on twitter but only to professional wrestling, and based on the interactions he has, thinks they are "scoops" for a wrestling blog that doesn't know if it wants to be "aint it cool news" where you post "new outfit for wrestler" or a TMZ where "is lana actually breaking up?!??"

essentially, anybody can fart out the same incorrect "scoops" as he does, and has become somewhat of a laughing stock among just about everybody.

He's the My Uncle Who Works At Nintendo of wrestling news.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/johnjo07/status/1199468916579405825

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

So important he couldn't even remember who was in that match.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/ChrisMNovak/status/1199728458307387392

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean if you only watch WWE, it pretty much is in a landslide.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It was a very good match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they look like a coupla nerds. I hope the lady kicked both their asses and fenced the title for a nice vacation with some real lovers. Like Big Mami.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't agree but it's hardly a stupid opinion. That match did loving own.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gargano/Andrade was an absolute belter and easily the best match under the WWE umbrella since MitB 2011.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gargano/Almas and the first Gargano/Ciampa are the last 2 WWE matches I genuinely felt feelings while watching

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like the shortlist for WWE match of the decade is, what, Punk/Cena, some Bryan/AJ/Cena stuff and then a whole bunch of stuff that in some way involves Gargano and/or Andrade, right?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Main Event of WM 30 in terms of how much I cared. Thank god WWE went out on such a high series ender.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

MJeff posted:

Like the shortlist for WWE match of the decade is, what, Punk/Cena and then a whole bunch of stuff that in some way involves Gargano and/or Andrade, right?

Cena/Brock, Extreme Rules '12, also their Summerslam match for sheer spectacle
Sami/Neville
Sami/Nakamura
DIY/Revival in Toronto
Brock/Reigns at WM31 was an awesome brawl

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The more I think about it I'm actually really fascinated by this. If you compiled a list of the best WWE matches of the decade, who would show up the most? You'd think it'd be Gargano or Bryan, but Cena might actually get in there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

was the Daniel Bryan WM title win this decade? the one that mushed his brains so bad they had to abort it a few months in?

that should be at least worth a sucker's award or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MJeff posted:

I mean if you only watch WWE, it pretty much is in a landslide.

Singles, maaayyybe