Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
It's "luau" actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

do not pursue loup bu

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

CYBEReris posted:

do not pursue loup bu
Isn't that the champion of Earthrealm?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Such a grumpy doggy.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Loup throwing a tantrum like any good kid would.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

maswastaken posted:

Isn't that the champion of Earthrealm?

As long as the portal remains open, YOUR Annie becomes MY Annie!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Loup is a dumdum.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A new #1 of Deadpool came out this Wednesday, and it features a character called Le Loup Qui Pétrifie, The Wolf Who Paralyzes. (He's a wolf that was bitten by a human, much like Spider-Ham was a spider bitten by a radioactive pig.). He's only got one page so far, but I thought it was funny that he appeared right after this thread was talking about other Loups.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its physically inside loup, and will remain so until loup barfs up coyotes body

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Tollymain posted:

its physically inside loup, and will remain so until loup barfs up coyotes body

Coyote was Red Riding Hood all along.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
I'm kinda half expecting it to be that they get Tony to use the tooth as a scalpel to perform a Coyoteectomy. It'd be some pretty good father-daighter bonding

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I don't think it works like that. Coyote and Ysengrin are both dead, their soul totems are standing in the forest.

Loup is an entirely new being, there's no cutting apart either one from him.

The Coyote we just saw was like an aetheric voice mail left by Coyote for his successor.

What I think Tom is setting up is that the Court is going to use its technology that takes a forest creature's soul totem and uses it to create a human on Coyote and Ysengrin's totems. For what end this will be done I can't yet speculate.

I figure Coyote's Tooth will be used to slay Loup when he inevitably goes out of control

Of course this comic is about subverting expectations so all this speculation is probably incorrect.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Hell yea, we will finally have Coyote, Ys, and Annie all studying together

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Samuringa posted:

Hell yea, we will finally have Coyote, Ys, and Annie all studying together

Don't forget Annie

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Mischalaniouse posted:

I don't think it works like that. Coyote and Ysengrin are both dead, their soul totems are standing in the forest.

Loup is an entirely new being, there's no cutting apart either one from him.

The Coyote we just saw was like an aetheric voice mail left by Coyote for his successor.

What I think Tom is setting up is that the Court is going to use its technology that takes a forest creature's soul totem and uses it to create a human on Coyote and Ysengrin's totems. For what end this will be done I can't yet speculate.

I figure Coyote's Tooth will be used to slay Loup when he inevitably goes out of control

Of course this comic is about subverting expectations so all this speculation is probably incorrect.

Where is the soul totem page? I never noticed that.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Donkringel posted:

Where is the soul totem page? I never noticed that.

It was the first time she went into the forest after Ysengrin ate Coyote. After the attack on the court was cut short by the bubble shield. That said, weren't they a bit big for totems?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

It was the first time she went into the forest after Ysengrin ate Coyote. After the attack on the court was cut short by the bubble shield. That said, weren't they a bit big for totems?

I mean they were the most powerful things in the forest by orders of magnitude, especially Coyote. So maybe?

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I like the the Annies both have equally scandalized expressions when Loup insults Ysengrin.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Here's the page with Coyote's totem, Ysengrin's is a few after it: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2012

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Loup is a total square.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPFlKyeypU&t=23s

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

GunnerJ posted:

Here's the page with Coyote's totem, Ysengrin's is a few after it: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2012
That chapter reads so much better in one chunk.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Thanks for sharing the totem comic. Hadn't realized that's what they were.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Loup cannot escape Ys’ self loathing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao they're going to get catapulted back to the Court

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I really love the style on these last pages, with the moving terrain. He really can't keep the forest together.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Nettle Soup posted:

I really love the style on these last pages, with the moving terrain. He really can't keep the forest together.

You know, I've been assuming that the last several pages have taken place in the ether due to the surreal art, but now I'm wondering - is this literally how the forest looks? Is this just what the forest is like now? Does Loup have SUCH a poor grasp on the forest that it's starting to resemble the ether?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CodfishCartographer posted:

You know, I've been assuming that the last several pages have taken place in the ether due to the surreal art, but now I'm wondering - is this literally how the forest looks? Is this just what the forest is like now? Does Loup have SUCH a poor grasp on the forest that it's starting to resemble the ether?
Annies don't have ether hair so maybe :ohdear:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CodfishCartographer posted:

For some reason I've been thinking of "Loup can't control the Forest" as in, the creatures are rebelling or stuff like that, didn't imagine that he couldn't literally control the actual Forest until now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Samuringa posted:

For some reason I've been thinking of "Loup can't control the Forest" as in, the creatures are rebelling or stuff like that, didn't imagine that he couldn't literally control the actual Forest until now.

That was stated pretty clearly though. Time itself is hosed up there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Samuringa posted:

They can't very well rebel if they're all frozen in time

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Just hope he's not trying to yeet them into the exosphere like he did with Jones. I'm pretty sure whatever fire elemental powers the Annies have, it doesn't extend to survival in a vacuum. :ohdear:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM TWO FIRE HEAD GIRLS INTO THE COURT

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

They can't very well rebel if they're all frozen in time

I would imagine freezing time is a contributing factor to the Forest literally falling apart. "Controlling" the forest seems like the wrong approach anyhow, and seems like another example of Loup misunderstanding Coyote and how he operated.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Just hope he's not trying to yeet them into the exosphere like he did with Jones. I'm pretty sure whatever fire elemental powers the Annies have, it doesn't extend to survival in a vacuum. :ohdear:

Fires usually like Oxygen, yes.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sure this is a good sign

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:yikes:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Why, it's Jolly Elfsberry and, uh, a hundred of his angriest friends!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Next update is in December, and the Elves are coming out. No problem here, they're just getting ready for work.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm guessing he's kicked all the non-nightmare creatures out of the forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Splicer posted:

I'm guessing he's kicked all the non-nightmare creatures out of the forest.

And now everyone with a long history of mistrust have to live under one roof, cause he still hasn't gotten that forest unfrozen.