Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

While we always say this, does it honestly really matter?

absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

cumshitter posted:

Yeah, it needs a little work. It's more like throwing yourself into an elevator shaft. It's really exciting to see all those floors before you hit the ground.

"Fourth floor - Dick Pics, Dirty Snapchat, Burner Cell Phones & Blowjobs In Bathroom Stalls"

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

"Fourth floor - Dick Pics, Dirty Snapchat, Burner Cell Phones & Blowjobs In Bathroom Stalls"

First floor for Cumshitter.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Holy loving fire that security guard into the sun

He was a hair's breadth away from telling her that she'd be so much prettier if only she smiled.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Neito posted:

IT's like a super STEMlord thing. It was, theoretically, a learned behavior, but I've found it tends to be rewarded rather than discouraged in a lot of fields. It feels like either a CS major or some weird high-level physics bullshit.

I doubt it's high level anything as the dude never graduated

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pinecone Sample posted:

My boyfriend (28M) is mad at me (25F) for trading pictures of my feet for a steam game?

" Not thinking much of it I snapped the pic and was really surprised to see he actually sent the money."

yeahsuregif

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (24f) boyfriend (24m) constantly tries to prove that he is smarter than me in our arguments.

I have a better job, a degree while he couldn't finish school, I am not doing bad in life or anything.

This is the real issue, dude is constantly trying to take her down a few pegs because he knows she's actually smarter than him, or at least more competent.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for excluding a friend (a Trainee Police Office) from our New Year's Eve party?

quote:

Like every year, me and a bunch of my online friends will comer together for celebrating New Year's Eve at my place. To my surprise, one old buddy of mine who never attended our parties until now, also accepted my invitation, and even though he never was a very big part of our group, I was kinda happy about that.

Until last week, when I had a rather strange conversation with him. This guy - who is a new trainee police officer, but will be off duty on New Year's Eve - asked me, if "there will be any people on the party who are likely to consume any controlled substances like marijuana" and proceeded to tell me that he will absolutely report anyone doing that to the police.

He didn't kindly ask us to please be considerate of his career and not getting him into trouble nor did he even adress this issue. He just bluntly told me that he will report us to the police - and not even because he genuinely believes that weed is that bad or drug users deserve to be punished, but only because "he doesn't make the laws, but he has to abide them and would feel like a hypocrite otherwise".

At first, I was pretty dumbfounded and didn't know how to react to that, so I just truthfully told him that I don't know about anyone intending to take any drugs. Actually, it's even pretty unlikely that me or any of my friends will smoke weed or do any other drugs other than booze on New Year's Eve.

But that's not the point. I feel like his warning - or rather his threat that he's willing to gently caress over everyone of his friends for his "own" agenda - lacks any spirit of friendship or respect for me and the rest of the group. Now, it doesn't feel like he would attend the party as a friend, but rather as a sharp-eyed overseer around whom we have to watch our every step. I mean, if he's willing to go that far, how can we know what we are "allowed" to do and that he won't call the police on us for crossing a red light, streaming a movie, doing a barbecue by the river or even just telling a story about doing something remotely illegal in the past?

For this reason, I decided to take back my invitation, yesterday. Or rather, I told him that he's only welcome at our party, if he is willing to leave his police club at home and act as a part of our group - which he denied. Still, I'm pretty conflicted about this, as I feel lovely for excluding him for staying true to his own principles. I already asked two other friends of my group about their opinion, but I would like to get some input from people who aren't involved and can judge the situation less emotionally than us.

It's time to let this friendship go

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Ghost Leviathan posted:

While we always say this, does it honestly really matter?

It's the only thing that does matter. This thread isn't here to actually do anything but snicker at other peoples problems and the real humor is in the small sad details.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for telling my coworkers I'm gay even though I was advised against it?

quote:

A few months ago, a friend told me about an opening at the company where he works, I applied, and got the job. When I was offered the job, my friend said that I should know the other guys at the company can be "a little bit homophobic". Turns out they openly discuss how gay people shouldn't marry, they've discussed signing petitions against gay rights, donating money to anti-gay organizations etc. So my friend advised me not to let on I'm gay just to make it easier for myself.

About 5 months have passed and we were told a few days ago that there will be a Christmas party in the office and that we can bring our spouses/partners. Several of the guys started talking and joking about how they can't wait to meet some of the other guys' wives and girlfriends, to see "what sort of a woman would be with that idiot ha ha ha". They also asked if I was single and I said no, but I might end up coming alone anyway. They asked why, is it because I'm "embarrassed of introducing 'her' to my rear end in a top hat coworkers" and I said "ha ha... no... he's probably going to be away on a business trip".

So they collectively flinched and said "HE?" and I confirmed it was a "he". One of them said "what are you, a homo?" and I said "oh no, but my boyfriend is, ha ha". Nobody laughed at my joke and we just stood there in silence for another 20 seconds until we dispersed.

Since that happened, most of them stopped communicating with me unless it's business-related, but they're also shunning my friend, and he's really upset about it. He said he doesn't want to be ostracized for having a gay friend and he's angry at me for saying I'm gay even though he advised against it. I thought that his advice was for my own good, and I was free to choose whether to listen to it or not. He's also mad because I see this job as temporary, while he had plans of staying here "forever" and thinks his social life at work is ruined.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for deleting my stepbrothers profile on my Nintendo switch?

quote:

At the beginning of the school year I had to watch my stepbrother for a week while my dad and his mom went on a trip to help out her parents with something.

Brought my switch with me because my school is more than an hour away and I wanted something to do on the train during my commute everyday.

My stepbrother wanted to play on it. Him being so into it actually turned into a big help to distract him while I studied, so I made a new profile on it for him so he wouldn’t mess up my saves.

When I got back to school I eventually got annoyed with having to click on my profile each time I started a game and each time I went to the eshop. So I just deleted his profile.

So, this early this morning I got on the train to go to my dads for thanksgiving. I usually go home to my moms, but she and my stepdad are going to see his family and Im not up for going plane trip. Anyway I brought my switch again for the train ride.

Just a little while ago my stepbrother picked it up to start playing and came into the kitchen, where I was talking with my dad, freaking out because his Zelda save was gone and he wanted me to help him fix it.

When I told him I deleted it he started crying. Like not full on crying, but his eyes were watery a little and red. Now he’s holed up in his room. My dad thinks it was mean of me to delete it because I know my stepbrother was enjoying playing it. I didn’t think it was a big deal since I usually never bring my switch over when I visit.

Pushing an extra button is sooooooooooooo inconvenient

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for excluding a friend (a Trainee Police Office) from our New Year's Eve party?

A copy with weird issues with regard to control? Y'don't say.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DemoneeHo posted:

Verdict: :murder: the bootlicker

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for telling my coworkers I'm gay even though I was advised against it?

Verdict: :murder: the rear end in a top hat bigots

DemoneeHo posted:

Verdict: Gulag for deleting the profile

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA For telling my in-law he' acting like a gigantic loving baby?
The brevity is for the character limit. Don't blame me.

My (basically)uncle is very well off. I'd need a map to accurately describe his relation, but just know he's kin but not intimidate. He owns a business with about 50 employees. I used to work there. It's grueling work. You work 10 hour shifts, and you're walking, stepping on steps, and bending over the hole time. It used to start at minimum wage, but now it starts at 10$. The CAP income for 99% of workers is 13$ an hour. Basically, it's a bullshit job.

I still talk with a few people there and they say morale has been really low. There's been a major issue with shipments getting delayed, so they're out of a lot of product. This leads to a problem where you work for about 30 minutes getting the product ready, only to find out you don't have enough and need to undo that work, and re-do the work with a replacement. This is very physical work all done on a tight schedule while preforming other time sensitive, also physical duties. This always happens when it starts snowing up north.

At a thanksgiving-adjacent dinner, Basically-uncle was complaining about his employees. Keeping in mind that I'm adding some context to his words and these aren't direct quotes, his complaints are:

too many people "have to" be fired because they fail a random drug test.

on the rare chance that there's an issue with a machine, most folk opt to sit down after they've gotten as ahead as they can be without making a mess. He's tired of telling them to find a broom or other busy work to do.

People are "Checking" their phones, and he "can see" people's phones.

I was being quiet for a while but after a man who spends 90% working day sitting at a desk started saying something about people taking a 2 to 3 minute break to get off their feet I just said "Jesus Christ, dude." And when he asked what I said "You're such a gigantic loving baby." and "I mean find a real issue to bitch about." and "How can you people listen to this bullshit?" Voices were raised.

Without going to far into the fall out, because again brevity, he ended up going home and I was blamed by everyone who bothered to speak up, which was primarily my immediate family.

Normally I can understand how initiating a problem would make you the rear end in a top hat, and I'm not really channeling no eat the rich poo poo, but I just could not imagine that anyone else in my mostly poverty stricken extended family listen to that kind of crybaby bullshit.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
^^^^^^ This should happen more often. Hold your terrible relatives accountable for being poo poo, don't be nice to them because they are family, they only care about themselves.

DrBouvenstein posted:

(FL) Hospital Security Guard Tried to Deny Me Access Because I Didn’t Smile

Just happened to find the update to this.

quote:

(UPDATE) (FL) Security Guard Tried to Deny Access for not Smiling
First of all, thank you so much to everyone who responding to my first post and gave me the courage to approach HR!!

Update: my sister (hospital physician) actually spoke to HR first. She went to them this morning (she was off yesterday) and then spoke to the head of the security team. I was asked to come into the hospital this morning to meet with hospital administration. My brother went in with me and corroborated my story. HR was appalled! They said that they’d heard rumors about this specific security guard but no one had ever escalated their complaints to administration. They brought in two more security guards who have worked with him to verify some of the rumors they’ve heard (apparently the guard in question has been caught lingering in front of the women’s restrooms on his breaks, and he denied a doctor’s wife entrance because she didn’t know the room number for the cafeteria where she was meeting her husband for lunch.) The final thing HR said to me was, “Today will be the last day you will see him. We do not support this type of behavior at our institution and he will not continue with us.”

At the end, the HR director told me that it is SO IMPORTANT to report inappropriate behavior. She said that so many times people will gossip amongst themselves about situations but no one will actually take it up with administration, which subsequently makes HR’s job more difficult to complete because then they don’t know about happenings within the organization.

Again, thank you thank you thank you!!

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 27, 2019

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DemoneeHo posted:

Dad justice requires deleting OP's profile.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for how I handled catching my roommate's friend stealing my stuff?
I live with my roommate Megan, she was throwing a party last week. She organized it on Facebook and added me to the event page to keep me in the loop.

I didn't hang out with her friends at the party; I was in my room for the early part of it, then rode my bike to my boyfriend's place that night. When I got home the next day, I saw some of my stuff was missing from my bedroom. A couple purses that look designer but are actually just good fakes. Still, I like them and use them a lot, so they're worth something to me.

I thought someone at the party must have stolen them thinking they were real and worth a lot.

I had no idea who, but I thought maybe I'd caught them on my car's dashcam that records motion when the car is stopped. I downloaded the video and watched through everything form that night, people going in and out of the house, people smoking outside, till I found it. A girl I didn't recognize was leaving the house carrying two of my bags on her arm, and she had a gym bag of her own that looked stuffed with something. I looked closer and caught a frame where you could see 3 more purses through the mesh part of the bag.

I screenshot frames of the video where you could see the person's face well, and where you can see the purses.

I texted Megan but she didn't reply all day. She was visiting family for Thanksgiving so maybe she was busy. I was worried whoever stole my stuff would try and pawn it or sell it ASAP so I felt like I needed to do something quick

So then I posted the pictures on the party event page and said "Hi everyone, I'm Megan's roommate and I'm sorry to say somebody at the party last night stole 5 of my purses. I don't recognize her, but if anyone does, or if she sees this post, I want her to know I just want my bags back. If they're boxed up and left on my stoop, I won't involve the police. Thanks, OP."

I got a message from a guy saying that he recognized the girl, he told me her name and asked me if I could take down the picture in exchange for having my stuff returned, it was causing a lot of drama and embarrassment. The girl was going through a rough time and was sorry.

I said yeah, I'd take it down as soon as my things were returned.

He asked if I could sooner and I said sorry but no.

Then my roommate called me, mad I didn't wait for her to identify her friend quietly, because it was honestly tearing their social circle apart, having me put this up so public. She also was mad because she knew my bags were fake but I was letting everyone believe that this was about authentic bags which are worth a huge amount more.

I said sorry but I tried and didn't hear back.

AITA for having made this so public?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I don't understand how you'd be the rear end in a top hat for saying - "Hey, this person stole from me. Here's a picture." Going through a rough time doesn't mean you get to escape scot-free for stealing.

It's not like they called the police and sent a SWAT team.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Power Khan posted:

I got a message from a guy saying that he recognized the girl, he told me her name and asked me if I could take down the picture in exchange for having my stuff returned, it was causing a lot of drama and embarrassment. The girl was going through a rough time and was sorry.

I said yeah, I'd take it down as soon as my things were returned.

He asked if I could sooner and I said sorry but no.

Then my roommate called me, mad I didn't wait for her to identify her friend quietly, because it was honestly tearing their social circle apart, having me put this up so public. She also was mad because she knew my bags were fake but I was letting everyone believe that this was about authentic bags which are worth a huge amount more.

If she's going through a rough time, why not lend her some money, and not make excuses for her stealing?

Why the hell would it matter to the social circle if it's fake or not? That's just the funny icing for us in that they aren't worth much.

Move out, cause that relationship with the roommate is done.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Power Khan posted:

If you don't want to be publicly shamed for stealing, then maybe you shouldn't steal.

And doing this publicly is far kinder than getting the police involved

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Why the hell would it matter to the social circle if it's fake or not? That's just the funny icing for us in that they aren't worth much.

“Drama to the social circle” = People are calling her a thief and he wishes that it would just be quietly ignored. He thinks if it was known the purses were fake, it would be easier to sweep under the rug.

Basically the friend version of the usual story where someone is a racist / sexist / etc rear end in a top hat and a family member gets mad at the person who calls them out on it because ~decorum~.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

e: wrong thread, apologies and wtf at the awful app

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 27, 2019

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

lol

Rookie is gonna rookie.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

DemoneeHo posted:

I mean on the one hand, I don't really blame a new police officer for saying "Hey look, if people are committing crimes at your party, I can't just ignore it". In the UK it's actually precedent in law that essentially police officers are never truly "off duty". Essentially a police officer once witnessed his friend get into a fight outside of a pub and he did nothing beyond just sort of splitting them up. I can't remember why it ended up in court (maybe the one guy got seriously injured) but basically the ruling was that if an off duty police officer witnesses a crime, they still have a legal duty to intervene. I imagine it's somewhat similar in the US, either legally or in terms of job rules, that if some dudes at a party are smoking weed or doing cocaine or anything you can't just be like "Hey dude, I'm off duty, ain't my problem".

On the other hand, I think if I was in that position and I said to a host of a party who was my friend "Listen dude, I can't risk being there if people are doing anything illegal like drugs. Can you check to make sure no one is planning on doing anything like that?" and they said "I have no idea" went away and then came back and said "Nah sorry dude you can't come" I would assume that they were planning to do something illegal, in which case I'm glad I wasn't there to witness it and become implicated.

So I don't necessarily think anyone is actually at fault here because the guy is clearly not best buddies with him or anything. Whereas like if my brother knew I was a copper and invited me to his birthday and I was like "Hey, just a reminder i can't be witness to illegal poo poo" and he was like "Oh yeah, uninvited" I think I'd be pretty hurt that essentially he valued drugs or cock fights or whatever it is he had planned over my presence.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
Thanks for the insight, narc

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, cops can only ignore crimes when they're committed by fellow cops, right?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Really they shouldn't have invited a cop in the first place. They should have expected him to press any petty little authority he can over any situation.

REMINDER: I AM THE LAW. If any UNLAW happens at this party, I will be forced to BE THE LAW.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Midnight Voyager posted:

Really they shouldn't have invited a cop in the first place. They should have expected him to press any petty little authority he can over any situation.

REMINDER: I AM THE LAW. If any UNLAW happens at this party, I will be forced to BE THE LAW.

I don't think they knew he was a trainee police officer when they issued the invitation.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dienes posted:

Dad justice requires deleting OP's profile.

That would only work if it was a family system. This was completely owned by OP and he let his stepbrother use it as a favor. He probably shouldn't have done that in the first place.

And yes, having to select that it's your account you want to use on your system every single time you want to use it would be annoying as hell.

Stepbrother shouldn't have had any expectation that his progress would be saved. His parents will hopefully get him his own for Christmas.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/LoganDobson/status/1199783336694169600?s=19

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Beachcomber posted:

And yes, having to select that it's your account you want to use on your system every single time you want to use it would be annoying as hell.

You’re bad, and wrong.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Biplane posted:

You’re bad, and wrong.

You're acting entitled to something that doesn't belong to you. I'm guessing you're a younger sibling.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

having to select profiles is annoying, but deleting save games without warning should earn you a trial in The Hague.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Beachcomber posted:

You're acting entitled to something that doesn't belong to you. I'm guessing you're a younger sibling.

I’m specifically calling you dumb and bad for saying having to choose which profile to use on your console is «annoying as hell». Sorry if that was unclear.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
So I apologise because this is 600 pages ago but what is this gordon lightfoot reference??

Power Khan posted:

AITA for quitting my job the way I did?

Let me start with a little background.

When I was initially looking for a job, I was nearly unhirable. I had a terrible resume, people skills and work experience. Finally, a manager at a local mom and pop shop who was hiring for retail took me under his wing and gave me a job. He mentored me as I grew into my position.

I've been working there for two years. And I've grown a lot, making a ton of high end sales while making a little over minimum wage without benefits. The pay never really bothered me because my manager's time in teaching and guiding me was super valuable to me.

Now, a big corporation of sorts has offered me a job. Full benefits with about a ~50% pay increase. I'd be foolish to decline it, but I love my work and the people there. I went directly to the owner of the shop early yesterday morning and asked for a 20% pay increase and benefits plan with a plan for future pay increases in the future. I cited industry standards and my performance. The owner said he'd think about it, and later in the day, I, my manager and the owner all sat down and they turned me down; offering a 2% pay increase.

Right then and there, I pulled out another letter citing my two weeks notice.

Apparently this deeply hurt my manager who wanted me to talk to him privately beforehand and was hurt I had pre-made my two-weeks notice.

AITA?

Barudak posted:

Your manager is upset you wrecked him so badly in front of the owner of the business that Gordon Lightfoot recorded a song about it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Gordon Lightfoot recorded a famous song about a famous shipwreck.

(A couple of them, actually, but his most famous is about the Edmund Fitzgerald)

It is a joke about being catastrophically wrecked.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Motronic posted:

When these get explained it often turns out to be a nearly zero skill service business that requires space (the expensive part) and some equipment. Think car detailing. Then you have the vehicle/equipment heavy ones like mobile detailing (where you can go for broke buying a truck instead of leasing space). Landscaping/mowing and food trucks seem to be popular as well.

Hotdog shacks in small Alabama towns also come to mind

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Motronic posted:

When these get explained it often turns out to be a nearly zero skill service business that requires space (the expensive part) and some equipment. Think car detailing. Then you have the vehicle/equipment heavy ones like mobile detailing (where you can go for broke buying a truck instead of leasing space). Landscaping/mowing and food trucks seem to be popular as well.

I know a guy who is both renting space for AND doing a mobile version for his detailing business. Even before that he was one of the worst people when it came to money I have ever met, so the crash and burn is interesting to watch.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

So I get that you're living in Perfidious Albion where the Bobbies spend most of their time bungling up murder investigations so that an autistic man and his gay lover can solve them instead, but I didn't see any extraneous u's in the post so I assume the OP is from America where the only police officers who act like the OP's friend are monsters who don't deserve sympathy or friends. This dude, who's like "my strict adherence to the law means that I will narc on you or anyone else who I see committing any infractions", is definitely just a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

So I get that you're living in Perfidious Albion where the Bobbies spend most of their time bungling up murder investigations so that an autistic man and his gay lover can solve them instead, but I didn't see any extraneous u's in the post so I assume the OP is from America where the only police officers who act like the OP's friend are monsters who don't deserve sympathy or friends. This dude, who's like "my strict adherence to the law means that I will narc on you or anyone else who I see committing any infractions", is definitely just a monster.

This is the best reference to Sherlock Holmes I’ve read in a long while.