Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Lord Koth posted:

Gaius at least has some plot relevance in the first two games, and theoretically becomes more important in 3/4. Elliot legitimately could have been removed/replaced entirely with virtually no changes or effect whatsoever (basically aside from whatever scenes were "get information from General Craig").

Even the Heimdallr chapter is far more about the Laura vs. Fie dynamic, plus Machias stuff, than Elliot

Excuse you, Elliot makes the Egg Soup, he is an indispensable member of Class VII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

elliot is a nice boy who is rean's good friend : )

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

In any other JRPG, Elliot would have gotten fridged at some point.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i think it's cool for a party to have a dude that's just like 'down to earth, a good friend, has their issues but they're much less dramatic than everyone else's' but Gaius and Elliot both kinda fill that role, and while their personalities are obviously very different they're both like, pretty subdued in comparison to a lot of the other dynamics going on, so it's unfortunately very easy for them to be lost in the shuffle

gaius in particular suffers when you get to form your own parties and he's relegated to 90% of his lines mentioning the winds

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
elliot is rean's third best option for boyfriend, first is juius, second is crow

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

dmboogie posted:

i think it's cool for a party to have a dude that's just like 'down to earth, a good friend, has their issues but they're much less dramatic than everyone else's' but Gaius and Elliot both kinda fill that role, and while their personalities are obviously very different they're both like, pretty subdued in comparison to a lot of the other dynamics going on, so it's unfortunately very easy for them to be lost in the shuffle

gaius in particular suffers when you get to form your own parties and he's relegated to 90% of his lines mentioning the winds

gaius is way better about this in 3 but is kinda overshadowed by everything going to hell close to when he shows up

also he takes until the very end of the game to actually unlock his s-craft(which to be fair is ridiculously good but still)

Shinjobi posted:

Juna is good. Frankly she's the best character in 3 by a county mile, by my watch.

she has major Estelle energy, especially whenever she gets to interact with ouroboros

all the cs3 main cast are very good imo, except musse who needs to stop being smug at all times

though speaking of estelle, i like how in cs3 she's specifically banned from entering the country. osborne is like "that girl keeps de-traumatizing insanely powerful child soldiers and that would just ruin all of my plans full stop, get her outta here"

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yinlock posted:

all the cs3 main cast are very good imo, except musse who needs to stop being smug at all times

Wrong, if anything Musse needs to be even more smug and at all times.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Shinjobi posted:

Juna is good. Frankly she's the best character in 3 by a county mile, by my watch.
Yeah. I'll save most of my impressions in a summary post at some point but I would vaguely describe Kurt as "as charismatic as iceberg lettuce" and Ash as "just kind of a dick, and not the good kind". Altina is also great though and I would kill everyone in the room and then myself if something were to happen to her and Musse fills a Very Important smug girl role. And Juna is just a fun gal to have play off of just about any character (most importantly ogling all of the original Class VII ladies).

Logicblade posted:

Excuse you, Elliot makes the Egg Soup, he is an indispensable member of Class VII.
This fellow gets it.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 26, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah. I'll save most of my impressions in a summary post at some point but I would vaguely describe Kurt as "as charismatic as iceberg lettuce" and Ash as "just kind of a dick, and not the good kind". Altina is also great though and I would kill everyone in the room and then myself if something were to happen to her and Musse fills a Very Important smug girl role. And Juna is just a fun gal to have play off of just about any character (most importantly ogling all of the original Class VII ladies).
This fellow gets it.

Kurt's fine imo, though I may just be attached to him because of how insanely useful he is early-game since his first craft is absurdly good for it's cost. most of his character development comes from his bonding events though so if you ignore those he's boring as bread(it doesn't help that none of them are required for character notes). Also he starts picking up some of Rean's mannerisms late-game(though so does Juna to a degree)

Ash is a turd but he's a good kid deep down, sometimes, and he drops the facade a few times. Musse never does so I can't really get attached to her

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 26, 2019

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Kurt feels like a main character kind of guy, except he isn't the main character.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The two moods of Kurt are a). sad that he isn't as jacked as his brother and b). sad that Cedric kicked him and his family to the curb. Like I guess if you squint hard enough you can kind of see parallels to what Rean was going through in CS1 with regards to his inferiority complexes but Rean got waaaay more nuance and pathos (think of how Laura and Rean interacted throughout that game) and his family problems actually felt like legitimate things that a fellow would be depressed/upset over and not the quasi-noblesse oblige that Kurt feels was lost with the Vander family.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah those are basically the bottom three Sky characters.

Though honestly Lechter isn’t really a character in sky more a device for Chloe’s character development

Kind of like Ries

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Still don't understand why y'all hate joshua!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
How the gently caress is Campanella only B tier?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
lol, there are enough things there that I totally disagree with that it might as well have been randomised

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Amalthea on A?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Tita's mother on A???

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

schera's better than fuckin duke dunan

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Tita's mother on A???

I mean, that's accurate.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i tweeted this September 9th before anyone claims this was design to incite violence and not my genuine feelings

Cyouni posted:

Amalthea on A?

The captain is sexy

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 27, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Amppelix posted:

Still don't understand why y'all hate joshua!

joshua owns, lechter sucks, not sure why this is hard for some people smh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Clarste posted:

Kurt feels like a main character kind of guy, except he isn't the main character.

i think this is very much on purpose since his stats and moves are cs1 reanish

Nate RFB posted:

The two moods of Kurt are a). sad that he isn't as jacked as his brother and b). sad that Cedric kicked him and his family to the curb. Like I guess if you squint hard enough you can kind of see parallels to what Rean was going through in CS1 with regards to his inferiority complexes but Rean got waaaay more nuance and pathos (think of how Laura and Rean interacted throughout that game) and his family problems actually felt like legitimate things that a fellow would be depressed/upset over and not the quasi-noblesse oblige that Kurt feels was lost with the Vander family.

his family basically exists solely to protect the royal family and with cedric's heel turn he has to figure out what he wants to do with his life without that

by himself yeah it's kinda lame but with rean as his teacher it becomes interesting since rean has a ton of experience on that front. again this mostly only comes out in bonding events though

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 27, 2019

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
though erika and agate both cool down a bit from their early overprotectiveness i don't accept the lukewarm outcome i've seen so far. you don't get s-rank on the tier chart until you tell your daughter that her orbital laser is the best in the world.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Can we all agree that McBurn is super lame and dumb and his hair sucks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

McBurn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsvWTtoiQ

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Tita's mother on A???

Proof that chart is utter trash.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Mcburn rules and is better then loewe Tita’s mom is the worst character in the series

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm biased against characters with stupid names like Walter and McBurn.

Duvalie is SSS tier obviously. Make a side game featuring Anelace and Duvalie plz.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
i like all the characters

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
McBurn is embarrassing

He only worked as a foil to Duvalie. He's awful with anyone else

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mc Burn would have better if he was still massively powerful but people refuse to not make fun of him for being a dude with fire powers called MCburn, to say nothing of his loving hair.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mcburn is a reminder that you will never get to beat a boss ever in 500 hours, you will always be losing with a lovely cliffhanger

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

mcburn looks and acts like a character someone thought up whole not paying attention in middle school, down to looking like an idiot and being totally cool and unbeatable guyz!!!

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Yawn I’m so bored!! And strong!!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I subscribe to a hypothesis that he never told his real name to the Grandmaster or whoever recruited him into Ouroboros, then someone with a sense of humor (Walter?!) jokingly referred to him as McBurn, and then it just sort of stuck. He's either hiding his real name or doesn't know it. I'll call that now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My real name is.....Franklin!!!!!!:ssj:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
for a few posts i really thought everyone here just had a strange nickname for agate and his hair

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
As annoyed as some people (people who hate fun) get at all the sobriquets in this setting, I'm a little discouraged that most of Old Class VII haven't yet acquired one. Sobriquets are how you know you've made it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

As annoyed as some people (people who hate fun) get at all the sobriquets in this setting, I'm a little discouraged that most of Old Class VII haven't yet acquired one. Sobriquets are how you know you've made it.

tbf most of them haven't been fighting that much and Laura hasn't been active for a while so it makes sense at least

well Rufus usually just sits on his rear end being smug and doing war crimes and he gets one but nobody ever uses it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GrandpaPants posted:

Duvalie is SSS tier obviously. Make a side game featuring Anelace and Duvalie plz.

no
the next trilogy is duvalie and anelace as the duo protags and you get to choose who their girlfriends are for the romances duh