Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

trying to remember what I watched over a year is exhausting I can't even conceptualize trying to rank a whole decade

it requires charts and graphs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Should instead be a rating of the top anime/manga/LN fads of the decade, as we enter the coming decade of best friend's mom series.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
heres yhte best anime of the decade since 2007

2019:
2018:
2017:
2015:
2014:
2013:
2012:
2011:
2010:
2009:
2008:
2007: mushiuta

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

well you have to be performatively mad to implicitly express the superiority of your taste

I've never been performatively mad in my life

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

Everyone listing their faves is less interesting to me than more specific topics like, what do you think are some overlooked anime of the decade, what is the most 2010s anime, in what ways has the industry changed from 2010 to 2019, and so on. That's just my perspective though
most 2010s anime is probably the mom isekai

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Everyone listing their faves is less interesting to me than more specific topics like, what do you think are some overlooked anime of the decade, what is the most 2010s anime, in what ways has the industry changed from 2010 to 2019, and so on. That's just my perspective though

I understand, but, you can still post that! I’d definitely read it. I came into this later than most people here (around 2015) so it would be interesting to hear those perspectives.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gintama was good in the 00's, but it only got to legendary in the 10's and now I rank it higher than One Piece despite Sorachi's eternal issues trying to end the manga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

most 2010s anime is probably the mom isekai

it aired this year so im kneejerk saying no

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I am sincere in my push to name 2014 the best year of anime this decade

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

looks at all the other years that have been nominated wow looks like 2014 is running unopposed, time to crown it best anime year of this decade of anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think that's the year that had yama no susume season 2 so it checks out

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

~It all comes tumbling down,
tumbling down, tumbling down.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Wark Say posted:

You can always just not smoke and enjoy whatever aesthetic it has if that's your jam.

Spoken like a non smoker. :v:

That being said it ended in 28 chapters and uh, was surprisingly feels-y at the end.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/Rumwik/status/1199827402555346944

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i feel like mecha used to be 8:30 Eastern, it's been so long...

anyway in just over an hour we continue G Gundam with the introduction of Master Asia, and conclude the Patlabor OVA series. next week it's onto the Patlabor movies!

https://cytu.be/r/wanwanime

starting in ~5!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Gintama was good in the 00's, but it only got to legendary in the 10's and now I rank it higher than One Piece despite Sorachi's eternal issues trying to end the manga.

But the manga already ended months ago

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Quark posted:

But the manga already ended months ago
Oh, I know; hell, I think I found the last chapter out through the thread here. You hafta admit that at points it felt like Sorachi was continuously crotch-punching us, though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd argue my favorite year of anime this decade is 2018 which just had so many shows I really liked and loved and a lot more B level shows that were also awesome

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/OoCPokemon/status/1199906337133670400

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
After watching Denki and Iwabe save three kids from a burning building, I think I'll stick with watching Boruto for a while. :3:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

I've never been performatively mad in my life

You are a Blackhawks fan so this is a lie. :colbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

gah...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Too harsh. :ohdear:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I finally finished watching Sabagebu. The show had a fun set-up episode, and Momoka is an entertaining MC, but honestly the show quickly lost steam- it constantly repeated the same small handful of gags over and over again, and was consistently hampered by what felt like a cheap production with not so great directing, considering all the awful cg, the constant reuse of footage, and plenty of still shots and slide shows throughout. I will say it was bold of them to dedicate the first half of an episode just to advertise joining the Japanese Hunter's Association. But yeah after the first few episodes the show just felt like it was spinning its wheels, which I suppose is a constant issue a lot of comedy shows have to deal with.

I haven't seen Gi(a)rlish Number yet, but does the MC in that fill a similar niche that Momoka as MC does?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

note: this is only in the girls' imaginations

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Finally, new chapter of Silver Spoon, three more left in the series.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/756937

I'm going to miss it, but I'm not going to miss all the waiting.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

I finally finished watching Sabagebu. The show had a fun set-up episode, and Momoka is an entertaining MC, but honestly the show quickly lost steam- it constantly repeated the same small handful of gags over and over again, and was consistently hampered by what felt like a cheap production with not so great directing, considering all the awful cg, the constant reuse of footage, and plenty of still shots and slide shows throughout. I will say it was bold of them to dedicate the first half of an episode just to advertise joining the Japanese Hunter's Association. But yeah after the first few episodes the show just felt like it was spinning its wheels, which I suppose is a constant issue a lot of comedy shows have to deal with.

I haven't seen Gi(a)rlish Number yet, but does the MC in that fill a similar niche that Momoka as MC does?
Girlish Number is by the same writer of the Oregairu/My Teenage RomCom SNAFU, so kinda?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The Senryuu Shoujo scanlater commits a crime

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
disgusting

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EpaO3t81UM

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Fleshfangs are the most important invention of the human race this decade and that coward Scanlator DARES to censor them????

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

sinky posted:

The Senryuu Shoujo scanlater commits a crime

why would someone do this

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Toalpaz posted:

why would someone do this

western adaptations always gotta ruin things make it acceptable to their :downs: audience.

See: Godzilla 1998, Ghost in the Shell 2017, etc.

"Americans aren't going to read subtitles," :wotwot:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
flesh fangs are gross and unnatural

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mycophobia posted:

flesh fangs are gross and unnatural
They're shorthand for snaggletooth and character mischeviousness/innocence?