Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Arcsquad12 posted:

If only they modeled the fluff of Elves having low population numbers so that whomever won the fight for ulthuan had no troops to launch expansion wars.

GW's policy on the matter was summed up as "there are as many elves as the plot demands".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

If only they modeled the fluff of Elves having low population numbers so that whomever won the fight for ulthuan had no troops to launch expansion wars.

The octarius war is between the two most numerous species in the galaxy which is why it's such a shitshow.

There are always precisely enough elves and dwarves as the situation demands. Them being limited in number is always vague, especially if you line them up against the skaven, orks, and undead.

It doesn't mean that there aren't millions of them. 10 million elves could field enormous armies, but they would still be limited in number compared to 500 million orks, or a billion ratmen.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The high and dork elves have the best replenishment in the game though, which feels kind of silly compared to how hard orcs, for example, have it.

I mean I'm not complaining but it's sad that elves are more fun than orcs even for normal, non-me people. Orcs should be fun.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 27, 2019

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the complete lack of anything for orcs since skarsnik makes me hopeful that they have something big planned

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Apparently Repanse is playable in Vortex

This is amazing, gently caress yes.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gay Horney posted:

the complete lack of anything for orcs since skarsnik makes me hopeful that they have something big planned

I mean they are without a doubt the target of the following DLC, and it is shaping up to be a Grom the Paunch vs Eltharion the Grim matchup.

Orcs in Ulthuan.

The actual rework will hopefully be as big as the empire one if not even bigger.

Oh and some other interesting stuff:

I really do hope they tell us just what sorcery they actually did!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So Malus was someone at GW looking at the Dark Elves and saying "no we need more Elric"

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Not sure if anyone posted it yet but Lucky just said via discord his Overhaul update should be out tomorrow and he's currently just cleaning up submods. Also mentions he's going straight into preparing for the new DLC.

He even acknowledged it was a long wait and he'd explain more later

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I finally bought the Wood Elf DLC. Should I grab some Amber mods? If so, which?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I really didn't expect to see Poison Wind Mortars make it back, much less the Warp Grinder. gently caress this game rules so much, thank you CA

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

CA confirmed on Discord that the new Skryre stuff will make it into Ikit’s workshop as well.

After all the grumbling yesterday after the datamine leak the trailer is currently at 8.4k likes and 82 dislikes lol

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Turn times thing is one of the biggest issues I still have with mortal empires, glad they found a way to improve it :hellyeah:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think it's kind of funny the Eshin DLC has two more Skryre weapons teams, but I don't think CA can help themselves at this point. Just listen to the warp grinder team in the trailer cackling maniacally as they break down a gate.
:allears:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Goddamn Skaven are gonna have so many units whenever Thrott gets added. Thanquol as well, though he can probably get alone just fine on his own.

So what are the units niches? Warp Grinders sound like armoured, armour piercing melee units with some ability to lock down targets, so maybe a bit of an anti cavalry niche as well? Walls as well I guess. The globe mortars are probably gonna be longer ranged that most ranged units but not as much as artillery with a little more mobility than that, decent armour piercing aoe and then the Eshin guys are somewhere between Plague monks and stormvermin in terms of killiness, probably less glass cannon than the plague monks.

For the Dark Elves, the chariots sound like fast anti large and probably a bit more survivable than most chariots? Then the Medusas are just the big centrepiece units that are kind of similar between the armies.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 27, 2019

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

KoldPT posted:

I finally bought the Wood Elf DLC. Should I grab some Amber mods? If so, which?

No you should contact Steam and see if it's not too late to return it

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

smug jeebus posted:

oh come on it's not thatttt bad

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

smug jeebus posted:

Doesn't it let you play as the glorious Tod in multiplayer?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
gently caress if I know. In all seriousness, I would look for a mod that removes the Amber requirement for your cities first. That would remove a lot of the aggravation from building and confederating.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Jarvisi posted:

Doesn't it let you play as the glorious Tod in multiplayer?

Todbringer in Multiplayer is from Beastmen, it's Red Duke for Wood Elves (their minicampaign map extends far enough to the west that Red Duke is on it, even though there's no reason to ever spread that far west because the minicampaign can be done without leaving Athel Loren iirc)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I really didn’t hate ME wood elves. They’re not Norsca or TK but it was done in a hundred turns and reasonably fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Just think.

Skaven and bretonnia playable on fortex map in africa

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I wonder if Repanse will get her own unique campaign mechanics and cutscenes? It might just be the same chivalry bar, but she can’t have the same final battles as Old World/ME.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 27, 2019

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Third World Reagan posted:

Just think.

Skaven and bretonnia playable on fortex map in africa

rather play as orcs tbh
skaven have enough of a presence already and their roster is full enough without adding more gimmicky op ranged units

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ammanas posted:

rather play as orcs tbh
skaven have enough of a presence already and their roster is full enough without adding more gimmicky op ranged units

They goin in Ulthuan

:getin:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

i just want grimgor to be good damnit

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ammanas posted:

i just want grimgor to be good damnit

I understand that as a foot lord, this is literally impossible.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just make Grimgor Throgg or Nakai size/massed.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah its a mass thing. Just create a "cant be knocked down" tag and gg.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
That's not Grimgor's only problem. He has bad HP, attacks that are really only in their element against tanky but low damage elite troops, and bad abilities.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If the 60% load times thing is true then holy loving moley that would solve most of my gripes with this game

That and a thorough rework/buff of the Greenskins would be incredible, I hope CA supports this game forever

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Something tells me the 60% boost for turn times is going to become "Up to 60% boost" soon.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
60% on Vortex.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
malus' entire thing is that he is dumb as hell.

he gets outplayed pretty much every time he gets a plan together, and ends up having to hack and slash his way out while mortgaging a little more of his soul to his demon buddy. as of end of book stories and evidently start of this one, Malekith has handed him a blank check to act in his name, a potion that keeps the demon eating him bit by bit at bay, and a reminder "piss me off and you stop getting refills, edgeboy"

so, of course, malus' priority list reads "find way to backstab demon, find way to backstab witch king, I dunno, we'll play this by ear," because Malus is dumb as HELL.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Should I put Aranessa on her big crab? It seems like it tanks her stats, aside from armour.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I suspect part of it is making minor unplayable factions do less and get conquered more quickly. Maybe killing off some of the dumb vampirates minors who just sail around doing nothing thing all game.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Badthing Evilsword, idiot elf

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Krazyface posted:

Should I put Aranessa on her big crab? It seems like it tanks her stats, aside from armour.

it makes her more of a tank and less of a duellist. so it depends on your playstyle with her

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Cynic Jester posted:

60% on Vortex.

They specifically said Mortal Empires tho

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krazyface posted:

While mounts can muck up stats, keep in mind that the changes are often less bad than they look, because the stats they show when you hover over the mount don't factor in your gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Even if “60%” really means “anywhere between 25% and 60%” depending on this that and the other thing I’d still be pretty happy tbh.