Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

drat Lauren fuckin nailed it

drat Karishma fuckin blew it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Wow, Karishma really win this?

hahahahahahahhz

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

drat Lauren fuckin nailed it

drat Karishma fuckin blew it

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

Wow, Karishma really win this?

Just the season.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lollllllllllllolllolllll

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, she wins season. Why else they doing a long shot of her whining again

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Awww... Noura tried to make amends for the PB&J incident by trying to hold on after winning!

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Lauren and Tommy really did crush this one

I hope you are all very wrong about Karishma

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Pretty sure he wants to play his fake advantage at 9 as a HII so that people won't know he has the real (fake) legacy advantage from Jamal at 6...

AWarmBody posted:

He thinks his fake advantage is real so he's going to pretend to burn it at this tribal to get it off people's radars so he can use it at 6

Lone Goat posted:

He thinks the legacy advantage Jamal gave him is real, so he made a fake one that he's going to play tonight to throw off the scent, and hope nobody notices it's different.

Oh, duh. I missed where it said he can use it at either 9 or 6. Thanks.

Love the idea of a forged copy of a fake idol. Everyone should get an idol but they have to figure out which one is real.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh noooo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope that was foreshadowing her misplaying the idol and not just them trying their best to give her a story

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I hope that was foreshadowing her misplaying the idol and not just them trying their best to give her a story

It 100% was foreshadowing her playing on Elizabeth

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

did Dean and Jamal have beef, that he'll not even say his name?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

all 8 people are going to pick Applebee's obviously

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
abcdefg...hijklmnop

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
......... Wow

Wooooooooow

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I dont think lauren needed to play that

edit: Please leave Janet out of this. Was that Karishma's vote? Haha

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A 1-1 split vote. Fun times.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Queen of survivor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Was that the strongest idol play his season?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Karishma did earn a smile there but she is waaaay too :smug: when anything goes her way after being all ablooobloo all the time

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Khanstant posted:

I dont think lauren needed to play that

playing it was definitely the right move. if you know that everyone is on Karishma and there's only 1-2 votes in play, anything can happen so just play the drat idol, especially one that's only good for this and the next vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

playing it was definitely the right move. if you know that everyone is on Karishma and there's only 1-2 votes in play, anything can happen so just play the drat idol, especially one that's only good for this and the next vote.

Yeeep. People have been way too conservative with these advantages this season.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, you're right. I wasn't thinking they were really just going dogpile on karishma style. i feel like bigger alliances usually flex their split power

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why are they showing the revote votes instead of original

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are they showing the revote votes instead of original

Yeah, I wanted to know who else didn't vote Karishma besides herself.

edit - checked the wiki, looks like it was Elizabeth who voted Janet which probably should have been obvious.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
All I ever have for breakfast is oatmeal.

Karishma was clever for going into the challenge so most players wouldn't think she had an advantage, even though Noura and Elizabeth went through her stuff. It was an idol blindside.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
If Karishma of all people had idol'd out Dan my soul would have transcended time and space and attained nirvana.

Spook
Feb 25, 2002

Silence of the MOTHERFUCKING LAMBS!!

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I wanted to know who else didn't vote Karishma besides herself.

edit - checked the wiki, looks like it was Elizabeth who voted Janet which probably should have been obvious.

Why didn't Karishma vote for Dan? So bizarre

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Janet is my first choice to win Survivor unless they allow the chicken that pecked Sandra to get the tasty fruit to be voted to win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dislike pretty much everyone left and just disliked watching them play so pretty much the best way possible to leave me with a positive feeling is to have the person no one respects enough to see as a player gently caress up their day.

I guess I still like Elaine. And Janet. I guess. Not that she's really on the show.

Spook posted:

I assume she figured Elizabeth was the easiest shifted target so there's no excess damage. Ideally you probably want to create a split and force tough choices with that move but you can't do that with 1 vote.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Elaine is still cool and she'd be my choice to win.

I agree that Karishma is getting an awkwardly rosy edit. I've defended her in the past (in terms of the unfair treatment she was getting from Missy etc) but I can definitely see how she'd be a hard person to deal with at camp. There's really not much of an argument to be made for her gameplay-wise, but she did play her idol correctly, which people have been failing to do. A Karishma win would at least be an appropriate end to this trainwreck of a season.

Also, what's up with Dean ragging on people for being goats? It's not obvious to me that he has a significantly better chance of winning than Karishma.

I'll take a crack at the current power rankings:

Elaine
Lauren
Tommy
Janet
Dean
Karishma
Noura
Dan

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spook posted:

My guess is that Karishma thought it was going to be a split vote between her and Elizabeth and just voted for who she thought was getting other votes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Khanstant posted:

Was that the strongest idol play his season?

Not just that, only successful idol play by a woman since Cambodia.

I'm actually lower on Tommy's chances now. I know his edit (if you care about that) is really solid, but... we know so little about him. He's not pulling any triggers. This episode was all about Lauren and Karishma.

Loved ones visit might give him that juicy personal content that we need to care about him, but I'm higher on a woman winning this (horrible trashfire of a) season now.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lost my mind at the fake fake advantage. Karishma might be good when not whining?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Vernacular posted:

Elaine is still cool and she'd be my choice to win.

I agree that Karishma is getting an awkwardly rosy edit. I've defended her in the past (in terms of the unfair treatment she was getting from Missy etc) but I can definitely see how she'd be a hard person to deal with at camp. There's really not much of an argument to be made for her gameplay-wise, but she did play her idol correctly, which people have been failing to do. A Karishma win would at least be an appropriate end to this trainwreck of a season.

Another Production mistake (IMO) is that we're past the 30 day mark of the game, only 3 episodes left - and Sandra & Rob are still in hiding. So there will be no big 'reveal' of their presence in the game for the few remaining players unaware.
The big giant heads only exist for momentary shock value; Rob's 'biggest shelter ever' was not used by the players (maybe next season?!); the "lessons" were goofy; their impact on the game was minimal (2 misplayed immunity idols, 1 useless "advantage").
What was the point of having them in Fiji? They could have been replaced by a few pieces of parchment.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Logic posted:

What was the point of having them in Fiji? They could have been replaced by a few pieces of parchment.

1. it's funny

But really

2. Bribe to get them in season 40

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
All these "good players" misplaying idols or going home with them in their pockets but Khaos Karishma out here making it look easy, got it in one. :smug:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Binary Logic posted:

Another Production mistake (IMO) is that we're past the 30 day mark of the game, only 3 episodes left - and Sandra & Rob are still in hiding. So there will be no big 'reveal' of their presence in the game for the few remaining players unaware.
The big giant heads only exist for momentary shock value; Rob's 'biggest shelter ever' was not used by the players (maybe next season?!); the "lessons" were goofy; their impact on the game was minimal (2 misplayed immunity idols, 1 useless "advantage").

They gave out Kellee's idol though, which was kinda big since it set up Dean's survival and Kellee's exit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

It's just Ghost Island but they bribed Rob & Sandra to do the all winner season by also paying them to do this season... (Because I'm sure they both know they will probably be early boots for an all winner season, assuming the pregame relationships aren't what rule the season)