Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I was about to reply with an explanation with how that trick is likely done but I realized that no one likes the pedant who ruins magic tricks so instead I will say that I like magic and that's a fun trick.

edit: gently caress this is on the new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Everyone loves people who reveal magic tricks, because magic is incredibly lame.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

same tbh

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Everyone loves people who reveal magic tricks, because magic is incredibly lame.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I used to watch the old David Copperfield tv specials as a kid and would believe it was real...

:saddowns:

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Glagha posted:

I was about to reply with an explanation with how that trick is likely done but I realized that no one likes the pedant who ruins magic tricks so instead I will say that I like magic and that's a fun trick.

edit: gently caress this is on the new page

She's curled up inside the chair, right?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

dupersaurus posted:

She's curled up inside the chair, right?

I can't believe I'm putting spoiler tags on magic tricks but inside it or under it. The bottom of the chair has legs to make it look like there's open space under it but mirrors are often used to make it look like that with tables and chairs and poo poo when really it's solid and someone crawls up through from underneath.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Also you're incredibly lame and also you smell bad and you look like a butt.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Glagha posted:

I can't believe I'm putting spoiler tags on magic tricks but inside it or under it. The bottom of the chair has legs to make it look like there's open space under it but mirrors are often used to make it look like that with tables and chairs and poo poo when really it's solid and someone crawls up through from underneath.

There's open space under it because you can see all the way through it. Watch then the sheet drapes down, and his feet.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Phanatic posted:

There's open space under it because you can see all the way through it. Watch then the sheet drapes down, and his feet.
The chair appears to be hinged at the back.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She's curled up in the chair and pops out when the sheet moves in front. It's one of the oldest tricks, but they did it really well.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I remember a tremendous kid buildup when they guy revealed himself. And it was some rando I'd never heard of.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Magic shows are great, you :smuggo: killjoys.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Nobody likes people who reveal magic tricks!" says man who has never heard of Penn & Teller.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"Nobody likes people who reveal magic tricks!" says man who has never heard of Penn & Teller.

What they do is great. Here's the old trick all these other assholes do. Here's how it's done! Here's our better version that blows your tits clean off. Goodnight!

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

I love learning how tricks are done as much as I like watching them to begin with. Just a big fan of magic. I get really annoyed when magicians really lean heavy in the idea their magic is real though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Glagha posted:

Also you're incredibly lame and also you smell bad and you look like a butt.

Well... I assume you've vetted this information with your editor, so.... drat, research checks out.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Oh so it's OK when the squid does it

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The only good magician was The Amazing Johnathan because even though his tricks were practically transparent in how they were done, he was loving hilarious.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

DaveKap posted:

The only good magician was The Amazing Johnathan because even though his tricks were practically transparent in how they were done, he was loving hilarious.

i am sad he's gonna die soon if he hasn't already

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nah, he's fine.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Dollas posted:

i am sad he's gonna die soon if he hasn't already
I had no idea what you were talking about because as much as I love the guy, it's not like I keep track of the dude. Now that I watched the trailer for his documentary I'm gonna guess "he's dying but he's also beating it" which is what everyone's doing every day anyway.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

The Bloop posted:

What they do is great. Here's the old trick all these other assholes do. Here's how it's done! Here's our better version that blows your tits clean off. Goodnight!

Penn & Teller Explain Ball & Cups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osRaFTtgHo

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

It's unfortunate Penn is such a weird libertarian because I do like their shows.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Glagha posted:

It's unfortunate Penn is such a weird libertarian because I do like their shows.

Penn's all right, he rarely lets his libertarian views impact the way he treats actual people. He is also willing to entertain ideas outside that mindset, like one time he expressed some interest in universal basic income. And he hates Trump, unlike the vast majority of libertarians who have taken the kool-aid, because he knows Trump personally.

I feel no shame in watching him do magic tricks on YouTube.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Oh no, I'm not boycotting them because Penn has lovely political views. All things considered he seems like a pretty nice guy, generally, and as far as I know (fingers crossed) he doesn't have any like, extremely :wtc: stances but I'm definitely recalling some... "interesting" views espoused on Bullshit, for example. Mostly good things as I recall, but still some questionable poo poo.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Glagha posted:

Oh no, I'm not boycotting them because Penn has lovely political views. All things considered he seems like a pretty nice guy, generally, and as far as I know (fingers crossed) he doesn't have any like, extremely :wtc: stances but I'm definitely recalling some... "interesting" views espoused on Bullshit, for example. Mostly good things as I recall, but still some questionable poo poo.

Oh definitely, I wouldn't vote for Penn for any political office. Not that he'd run.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Glagha posted:

They are on the libertarian end of "I made it big, so i dont see what the big deal is"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/VkMYhmZ.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/KIGJBac.gifv

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

If only

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Glagha posted:

Teller is usually really interesting to talk to, and his voice is somewhat surprising if you haven't heard it before.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/juanbuis/status/1199651576236957697

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Is that Kevin Conroy

What game is this? Is it good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Is that Kevin Conroy

3rd game of the Arkham series. Peaked at the 2nd game, Mark Hamill probably does his best joker in those games.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Is that Kevin Conroy

Hey bud. The last decade of video games happened.

In arkham city you can be the animated series character model. (Maybe in the others)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Is that Kevin Conroy

It's Batman: Arkham Knight. It owns and you should play it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

bell jar posted:

Actually you should play Arkham City instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bell jar posted:

The Lone Badger posted:

Actually you should play Arkham City instead.

But really, just start with Arkham Asylum. Being the first game it has less bloat going on. And then if you want more, you can sink your teeth in the sequels.