Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Does Gake no Fuchi Joshi Pro discussion go here or the regular puro thread? Women make up 100% of their full-time roster (one person) but if past Gake no Fuchi is anything to go by her opponents are going to be dudes as often as not.

Anyway Miyako Matsumoto announced that Gake no Fuchi Joshi is running directly against Wrestle Kingdom on 1/4 and I know where my loyalties lie. No card announced yet, but Miyako vs. Ikemen on their inaugural show on 12/24 is gonna rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

btw for anyone wondering about their first show, Miyako vs. Ikemen isn't just on the first show but is in fact their entire first show.

Ikemen also didn't show up for the press conference despite being the only other person on the card and they could have presumably worked around his schedule.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Working around your schedule's not the Gake no Fuchi way, baby

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ikemen was still probably doing an entrance from the night before

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Hazuki is retiring on the Stardom show on Christmas Eve at Korakuen Hall. Something that came from out of nowhere but every year there’s always one Joshi retirement that does.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hazuki and Tequila Saya retiring in the two weeks I'm out of the country is horrible.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hazuki noooooooo :smith:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Going by previous joshi retirements, she probably found a good dude and is ready for babies. Hazuki’s such a badass tho, I’ll miss her.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

More bad news. Got a LINE message from my pal Chigusa Nagayo and Mio Momono is out for 3 months with an elbow injury. She'll miss the Marvelous Korakuen.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I don’t think it’s possible to have worse luck than Mio Momono at the moment - at least this time it’s only three months and not basically a year. Still incredibly sad though, and when someone gets two big injuries that close together I get nervous.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hazuki noooooooo :smith:

drat, she was my favorite too. She's only 22!! Is that normal? I've only been following STARDOM for a few years, with no other Joshi knowledge whatsoever, but that seems real early to me for retirement.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's an early age but joshis retiring after a few years isn't rare

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in the days of all japan women, they all had to retire at 25. so yeah there's kind of a culture of starting really young and getting out young

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Demtor posted:

drat, she was my favorite too. She's only 22!! Is that normal? I've only been following STARDOM for a few years, with no other Joshi knowledge whatsoever, but that seems real early to me for retirement.

Unless the money is super good or they love the wrestling that much, joshi wrestlers tend to retire much younger than their counterparts worldwide. Usually around the 25-28 mark. However most have been wrestling since their early teens so their bodies have pretty much absorbed all the wrestling they can manage.

Life after wrestling tends toward family life or small shop businesses. They do not wait to have kids. Like we're talking date of conception roughly around the time they give their retirement speeches. And unlike american counterparts all of this stuff happens off of social media(unless they're promoting their business). Family candids are super rare.

Hazuki started late at 17 and is retiring after a 5 year career. This is sorta unusual? Usually shorter runs are due to injury or its a bad fit. I haven't followed stardom lately but I don't remember hearing any chatter about Hazuki being out recently.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Hazuki had a years break between mid 2015 when she was basically a rookie and coming back as Io’s protege in Queens Quest so slightly shorter than that - she’s worked the most matches out of any Stardom wrestler since then though so it might balance out.

Short careers happen sometimes and that’s why you’ll see a lot of Joshi fans picking rookies as their new favourites, no point waiting if they might retire - also Joshi rookies often are good on debut.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The ideal of getting hired right out of school and working for that one company until you retire (or get married, if you're a woman) has been way, way slower to erode in Japan than it has in a lot of other countries. Even if you're not following that particular path, changing careers later down the line can be brutal in Japan - especially for women, who're still largely expected to stop working entirely much earlier than men here. As a result, a lot of joshi wrestlers feel they have to decide whether to retire or stay on and become a wrestling lifer very early into their careers. It's changing, but pretty slowly.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 28, 2019

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1199875196338888704?s=19 wonder if anything interesting will happen

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

To get into something, make a name and leave your mark, and peace out while everyone only wants more is truly awesome.

Godspeed, Hazuki.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I assume we're getting a second round of Fire Pro DLC since Natsuko and Sumire have both tweeted photos in what I think are the same recording booths as some of the wrestlers did to tease the last one, maybe they'll mention that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So far we've got Milano Collection AT doing coaching at Stardom and auditions for new talent.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

So far we've got Milano Collection AT doing coaching at Stardom and auditions for new talent.

I'm not saying Milano should gift Mikeru to one of his trainees but I would be very thrilled if that happened.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1199905083657342976?s=19 the least surprising announcement

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow, Hana has really switched her look up since the last time I saw her

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Rarity posted:

Wow, Hana has really switched her look up since the last time I saw her

Depending on when that was, she might have switched it up like three times since

(Bring back dirty Slipknot tee and Air Huaraches Mexico Hana)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom has had so much demand for tickets that they've opened up the North bleachers at Korakuen for this show.

Also drat

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1199922064766857219?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 28, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1199976159754113024?s=19

Going freelance almost always means going to Stardom or TJPW. Given the heat between TJPW and AWG, I'm pretty sure Yumiko Hotta will murder both Sanshiro Takagi and Tetsuya Koda if they've stolen her perfect daughter.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Maybe this time they’ll beat TJPW’s attendance by two people

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Takumi Iroha & Syuri vs. Nyla Rose & Asuka is the first match announced for Marvelous Korakuen

Oh Iroha vs. Chigusa Nagayo in the same tweet

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 29, 2019

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

They've announced the full card: few people wrestling twice on the card although what they've done is announced the Iroha/Syuri vs Rose/Asuka tag as the main event and then put on two matches after it that are 'special matches' with people wrestling twice.

1. Mikoto Shindo/Maria/Faith Hyden vs Mei Hoshizuki/Hibiki/Queen Aminata
2. Tomoko Watanabe/Yu Yamagata/Megumi Yabushita vs Dump Matsumoto/KAORU/DASH Chisako
3. Hardcore Tag Team Match: TARU/Leo Isaka vs Isami Kodaka/Yuko Miyamoto
4. Chikayo Nagashima vs Sakura Hirota vs Yuki Miyazaki
5. (announced Main Event): Takumi Iroha/Syuri vs Asuka/Nyla Rose
6. "Special Marvelous Exhibition Battle": Mikoto Shindo, Mei Hoshizuki, Maria and Nyla Rose/Chigusa Nagayo vs KAORU, Tomoko Watababe, Hibiki and Chigusa Nagayo/Nyla Rose: its a match with a ten minute time limit with Nagayo and Rose swapping teams half-way.
7. Chigusa Nagayo vs Takumi Iroha

Should be a load of fun: should be entertaining to see Nagayo in there with the rookies; we never had Nyla Rose with them either so that should be fun as well. I'm pretty sure that Mio Momono's injury made them change things up: her and Nyla Rose were an established team so I think that she'd have been in that match with Asuka being moved up the card to replace her and I imagine she'd have taken Rose's place in the Exhibition match but its still a fun card. Going to try and get the DVD of this one; hopefully I manage it!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It's from Dave so take it with a grain of salt since his Japanese sources aren't the most reliable:

quote:

Hazuki announced at the 11/24 Stardom show that she will retire from pro wrestling with her final match on 12/24, facing Natsuko Tora. She was one of the most popular wrestlers in the promotion. According to those in the company, she made the decision earlier in the year that she wanted to live a normal life. She said that wrestling (in a pre-show match) in April in Madison Square Garden fulfilled her dreams and that played a part in her decision. She is healthy and had no issues with the company. She wanted wrestling to be a phase in her life and she is happy with what she did and is ready to move on.

I mean I see no reason to doubt him, and I support her decision to retire if she's creatively fulfilled.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hazuki’s kids are gonna be obnoxiously cute.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Pretty sure I’ve seen something about her wanting to go to uni which is sensible: if she feels like she’s done all she can planning for the future is sensible. The thing with creative fulfilment is that things might change: in five years time she might look at what’s happening and the new people around and get reinvigorated as has also happened before.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1200733987758456833?s=19

Anyone willing to watch a WWE produced movie clearly has something wrong with them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/kimurarock/status/1200797131419729922?s=19

Bushiroad aren't letting Kyoko Kimura operate her food truck at Stardom events any more.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

It's from Dave so take it with a grain of salt since his Japanese sources aren't the most reliable:

I mean I see no reason to doubt him, and I support her decision to retire if she's creatively fulfilled.

Who does have the best Japanese sources?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

For Stardom when it comes to stuff like that I'd say Dave; he gets a lot of stuff through Fumi which means that its stuff from on high but you always have to remember that its the Company Line a lot of times, and since he doesn't follow the Stardom product closely there's a lot of blindly reporting things. Sonny also sends him stuff which again generally is the company line more than anything.

For Joshi it tends to be people translating things from the Japanese press and no one in the west really 'covers' them in any meaningful way: if you want in-depth Ice Ribbon behind the scenes news you'll be very dissapointed: a lot of the Ice Ribbon side of that dispute was covered by random people translating their press statements and other articles and the Observer and other mainstream English sources sort of overlooked it. Dave doesn't really cover any non-Stardom Joshi unless like something super big happens and even then its very skin deep: reporting results others send him and things like that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'll always love Dave for his coverage of Sareee winning the Diana title in which he mentioned that Diana is a promotion for older wrestlers and wrote something along the lines of "Aja Kong was defeated by Sareee who is not old".

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

hahahahaha how did I miss that one

He does a weird thing with promotions like Diana and Marvelous which have a lot of the older wrestlers on them where on the rare event he reports on them (probably because someone has sent him something about them) it'll be like "the main event was xxx. Also [some old 80s wrestler] wrestled on the undercard" with no other details; probably because he doesn't know who your modern Joshi freelancers are.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gatoh Move is now on PWT including LuluPencil’s shirt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yuka's working heel*

*Yuka's being a spoiled brat now that she is champ

https://twitter.com/ddtuniverse/status/1200648665561354241

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1200643824499875840

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1200644266747252736