Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The mobile version soft launched in some places, you'll need a VPN for the US though. Been playing a bunch because I'm stuck in hospital, but it's basically just BDO with the node worker thing swapped out for a town you manage. Made a Goon squad guild on the American server if anyone else is a gigantic idiot like me I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

kirbysuperstar posted:

The mobile version soft launched in some places, you'll need a VPN for the US though. Been playing a bunch because I'm stuck in hospital, but it's basically just BDO with the node worker thing swapped out for a town you manage. Made a Goon squad guild on the American server if anyone else is a gigantic idiot like me I guess.

I’m down and a complete newbie to this game. What name do you need for the invite? Auto attack is a++++ for dumb grinding games likes this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think you need to go to Guild and search GoonSquad, or add "Estes" as a friend... I think. I think that's my family name but the story calls me that instead of the character name so who knows.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Applied as Hobo. Also the reddit poopsockers are freaking out s out missing healing skills on classes. It doesn’t seem like a big deal around level 20 to me though?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's mostly annoying for things like Kzarka where if you're at lower CP levels and bad at dodging you can easily chew through a couple hundred medium HP pots.

Thankfully they're cheap and 150k Silver for 300 of them is nothing by the time you're at that point.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I’m about to hit 45 and the potions don’t seem like a big deal. If I had more bag space I could probably afk overnight but I haven’t dropped any real money... yet. I’ve still only got like 1700 LT which is getting awkward. I can’t find a way to turn off looting either. Can you just house your pets?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'm not sure, I assume you can unequip them if you have more than 3 but that doesn't prevent junk drops which are the real LT killer. I guess you could just not feed them, too.

Make sure to check your character pearl inventory to see if you have any weight upgrades.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

New thing:

https://youtu.be/kwU6pzsY9XQ

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I saw this game had recent very positive reviews on steam. Does that mean they removed the RNG clusterfuck that is end-game gear grind?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hahaha, no.

Mikezxcv81
Nov 27, 2019
I just downloaded this on XBox. Any words of wisdom for this noob, outside of the basics?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
As far as I know, lifeskilling on Xbox is pretty much dead, so possibly the best way to make money could be through imperial cook/alchemy sales. Use bdodae.com as a reference for crafting stuff. Also, it's good to have your fishing character(s) stop at level 49 so that you can fish outside of safe zones. If you get into farming, have that be something that you do specifically on one character.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

SweetBro posted:

I saw this game had recent very positive reviews on steam. Does that mean they removed the RNG clusterfuck that is end-game gear grind?

There's even more rng clusterfuck action because there are a bunch of lifeskilling tools and gear to enhance now. But I feel like the game is more accessible than I ever expected, at least for playability through the new questlines. Many good to great qol changes have been made in the past year but the endgame endless gear slog is still there.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Mikezxcv81 posted:

I just downloaded this on XBox. Any words of wisdom for this noob, outside of the basics?

Do all the main story quests from the black spirit, they give good rewards to get you started. Also the black spirit will offer some non-story quests that give pretty good rewards too, probably do those as well. You can actually see a lot of the game's quests, including ones you haven't even accepted yet, in the in-game quest log. It'll show all the main story quests for each region and some other stuff in there, and you can look at the quest rewards before you even do them to see if you want to bother.

Other than that, take your time and enjoy the game. There is no rush to max level like most other mmos, this game doesn't even have a max level. Most of the content isn't level gated in any way, so if you wanna try a thing in the game then try the thing. Almost all of the professions (aka lifeskills) and worker node empire stuff you can get started on as soon as you finish the opening tutorial quests. If you want to, that is. Don't do anything you don't wanna do in the game. You can't permanently gently caress up your character, there aren't any absolute must have quest rewards, and so on. There are asstons of quests if you enjoy traditional mmo type questing, but if you don't, then you can skip all of them.

In your skill descriptions take note of any skills that mention "Frontal guard" or "super armor." Frontal guard blocks any attacks in front of you while the attack is happening, super armor means you are immune to CC effects like knockdowns and stuns, and so on.

You're gonna be confused as gently caress, the game has a lot of obtuse systems and poo poo, and the in-game descriptions are often google translated gibberish. Just roll with it and if you have any specific questions I can answer them.

SweetBro posted:

Nah the enhancing system has not changed. However ever since they added the central marketplace system which let most gear actually sell for its true market value, you can generally just save up your silver and buy your gear off the market pretty easily now. There's a few random things that you'll still have to enhance yourself if you want them, like some of the high end lifeskill mastery gear they added a couple months ago. But as far as combat gear goes you can buy a full set of ~competitive~ endgame gear off the market if you have the silver for it and bypass the enhancing system completely. At least on the PC version, I'm not sure how the console markets look.

On average it's pretty significantly cheaper to enhance stuff yourself than buy it, but of course "on average" does mean you can get hosed. But the most profitable thing you can actually do in the game currently is enhance gear and sell it, assuming you know enough about marketplace prices and trends to enhance the correct items in the first place.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Is the mobile version playable on any emulators?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

sevenflow posted:

Is the mobile version playable on any emulators?

Yes: BlueStacks, nox and genymotion

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Once upon a time I played this, and this past month I've been playing it again.

Lots of changes... it seems less grindy than before, at least for leveling poo poo. I've gotten some characters to 50 in just a few hours, but I suppose gear is still horrific.

I guess I should join up with the guild once more since randoms keep spamming me with loving contracts.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Evil_Greven posted:

Once upon a time I played this, and this past month I've been playing it again.

Lots of changes... it seems less grindy than before, at least for leveling poo poo. I've gotten some characters to 50 in just a few hours, but I suppose gear is still horrific.

I guess I should join up with the guild once more since randoms keep spamming me with loving contracts.

Leveling is probably 4-8x easier than when you last played. Gear is a little easier but still a hell grind depending on how far you want to get. Join guild if you want to--you get some okay passive bonuses and you don't have to do anything

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

kirbysuperstar posted:

what swerver?

mediah, kaia, or heidel?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Heidel

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

this server is already open but the other two aren’t.. ultimately is there no difference?

unrelated.. I’ve been playing on KR for over a year and was excited to roll on US servers... but WTF where are all the classes!?!?!? Are they going to literally take another year and a half to release them here? if so that’s really fuckin lovely.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
So I downloaded it.. whats the mobile version?

I havent played in like a year but I cant imagine computer BDO on a phone...

hows it different? hows it the same?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

sinewave posted:

this server is already open but the other two aren’t.. ultimately is there no difference?

unrelated.. I’ve been playing on KR for over a year and was excited to roll on US servers... but WTF where are all the classes!?!?!? Are they going to literally take another year and a half to release them here? if so that’s really fuckin lovely.

It's one server per region, with each server having dozens of channels.

What are you talking about? All of the existing classes are on the NA/EU servers.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Schubalts posted:

It's one server per region, with each server having dozens of channels.

What are you talking about? All of the existing classes are on the NA/EU servers.

He’s talking about the mobile version that is about to be released in NA.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Mobile version seems ok

is there any interest in it? someone make a guild? or a thread in the mobile gaming subforum?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There's a guild, first post on this page.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

I applied to guild as Eversion, game is familiar and weird at the same time.

If I remember, like +15 or something was max or where most people stopped... but I see people +30ing stuff, the gearing up system def seems way different than I remember PC being.

seems pretty fun tho, kinda makes me want to reinstall the desktop tho

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Started playing mobile today. Applied to the guild as Nevers. So far it's been fun

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

Applied as Hurley on mobile

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
im moot on mobile. glad to see some familiar goons on this mobile thing

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Been playing this for a week or two on PC. I ... don't really know what I'm doing. Family name is SCREAMINCHEESE if I could get a guild invitation?

I'm buying all the houses and nodes and stuff. Figure that's a sure bet.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Someone needs to make a thread in the mobile subforum for mobile goons.

Im really enjoying it, I think more so than the desktop version even... the streamlined skills / enchanting as well as auto pathing/combat appeals to my very fickle gaming times. Nice to be able to pop it on auto when I have to step away for a minute for whatever reason

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I can't tell if any of these names are from here or not, so if you have applied then let me know in here with your family name I guess?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I applied as Setset

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Yaaaaaay

What a morning

I hit rank 5 on my black spirit and pulled ultimate staff, rosar dagger and ultimate boots from the gamblin goblin dude. my witch closing in on 2k CP now.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
for those playing the mobile version, don't spend your shakalakataku gold coins until you unlock tier 5 so you can pull golds. you will have well over 1k coins to spend by then so it's a nice cash out

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
I applied as well. Could show up as Diapermeat or LastFive

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Hi posted:

Someone needs to make a thread in the mobile subforum for mobile goons.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yes, please move the talk to mobile so this thread can be archived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

sinewave posted:

for those playing the mobile version, don't spend your shakalakataku gold coins until you unlock tier 5 so you can pull golds. you will have well over 1k coins to spend by then so it's a nice cash out

You can pull golds before you can equip them.

I pulled rosar dagger and ultimate elisha staff a few hours before I hit r5 black spirit