Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

skasion posted:

whyyyyy are two of the tombs on one planet and ones on another. this bothered me

Because the last dude was Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fuzz posted:

*Space Hitler (aka Spitler)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Domnhall Gleason??

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Fuzz posted:

iirc the middle dude was a medium hitler too, there's a dead guy in his tomb whose corpse makes Cal go like "hmm, this guy seems to have been worked to death"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Zeffo are a not very subtle but not well explored parallel to the Jedi.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I wish we got to fight more hammer purge troops. Those guys were a blast to face. Also, now that I think about it there was never a time where we had to face all of the types at the same time. That would have made for one hell of a fight.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

moosecow333 posted:

I wish we got to fight more hammer purge troops. Those guys were a blast to face. Also, now that I think about it there was never a time where we had to face all of the types at the same time. That would have made for one hell of a fight.

Yeah I think at the end there were some combo packs but still never a group of all of them.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I liked every planet/level which is something I can't say about very many games

Even the obligatory swamp part was good

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Just did the Order 66 flashback. drat that was intense. Honestly the bit that got me the most-even though I sorta knew what was coming thanks to Youtube casually spoiling it in the recommends- was when the one clone high-fived little Cal :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Was it ever explained why the Clones suddenly turned on the Jedi? They seemed so nice and friendly, so were they all just secretly evil? Did just 100% of them believe the lie about Jedi being traitors? Was there secret programming placed in them when they were cloned? It's possible this was explained in RotS, but I can't remember much about that movie.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The clones were conditioned to be loyal to the supreme chancellor above all things, in hindsight just one of the many, MANY problems with a clone army.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SirSamVimes posted:

Was it ever explained why the Clones suddenly turned on the Jedi? They seemed so nice and friendly, so were they all just secretly evil? Did just 100% of them believe the lie about Jedi being traitors? Was there secret programming placed in them when they were cloned? It's possible this was explained in RotS, but I can't remember much about that movie.

It's in their genetic programming, as cool as they were beforehand they basically had a BE BADGUY NOW button edited into their DNA when they were cloned.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

SirSamVimes posted:

The last option, iirc.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Contingency_Orders_for_the_Grand_Army_of_the_Republic:_Order_Initiation,_Orders_1_Through_150

Clones had various orders “programmed in”. Well, they had loyalty programmed in and were given that list.

Also seems like having orders 65 and 66 that close to each other isn’t the best of ideas

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

In the newer Clone Wars cartoon (which is canon last time I checked because it ties into Rebels which IS canon), an episode reveals that the Clones were all fitted with brain-chips to ensure their programming overrides any attachments to the Jedi.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Soonmot posted:

The only thing I disliked about the maps was not being able to toggle off areas in the holomap to see a clear view of where you want to go and how to get there, and no fast travel back to the ship. Zeffo and Bogano were the worst for this because you can easily start running in circles, especially before all your upgrades are unlocked.

I'm near the end of the game fighting the boss 2nd sister to get the holocron in the inquisitor stronghold

Got them down to about 1/4 health before getting my rear end whooped because I ran out of stims. I had 8 of the fuckers, but one mistake and there goes half my health.

Yeah, I feel like this game desperately needs either fast travel (and honestly even just one or two fast travel points for each planet would make a big difference) or some option to give you a path to already-visited areas. I'm terrible at reading the maps and navigating these confusing places. The idea of returning to previous planets to get previously-inaccessible things is not remotely appealing because I don't want to to do all the traveling (though I'll only want to bother with things that affect gameplay, like stims or force/health things).

That being said, I actually enjoy the platforming and puzzle stuff. Combat is usually okay, though sometimes it gets weird when there's a combination of ranged and melee humanoids (I win, but sometimes I feel like I take unavoidable damage).

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That's extremely depressing.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I just opened up the ability to choose planets. I presume there isn't really a "best" order?

Reminds me of KoTOR which is a huge plus for me.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Just dont go to dathomir until you have to, imo.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Finished up the game this evening, really enjoyed it. However, I played on medium difficulty and I was too stubborn to change it- combat never really clicked for me so I never really felt very strong even at the end going up against regular stormtroopers. A lot of the abilities felt useless or very niche; I don’t think I used the saber throw more than once and many attacks didn’t work on bosses or large creatures.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah there's definitely a best order, the game tells it to you, but as long as you leave Dathomir until later you're fine. It's more linear than it seems really, but two of the planets are so big and nonlinear it makes up for it

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
This game was pretty good aside from the weird auto targeting loving me up when I was trying to run away from some enemies.

Just get rid of the weird meditation system where resting respawns enemies and I'd love it

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Not having the respawning enemies would make the game extremely empty. Like, the whole game is kind of set up around that premise.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It would be better as a linear action game than poorly aping four other games at once.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Playing this game just makes me want another KOTOR game. It was amazing for its time and with modern technology and newer developments in gameplay and UI it could be really good.

Too bad it will never happen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Obsidian and Respawn working together on the sequel is a great idea that can't and won't ever happen :(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

JBP posted:

It would be better as a linear action game than poorly aping four other games at once.

Strong disagree. This game isn’t doing anything wrong by incorporating different elements together, but the half-bakes nature of components is what is dragging it down. If this game had the exact same content BUT the combat was tighter with better lock-on and the Meditation circles worked as Fast Travel points and the cosmetics did literally anything cool it would be a full letter grade higher.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I'm a strong believer that that Rocksteady Arkham-Batman branch of this genre is more fun than the souls/sekiro branch. The Batman and LotR games have shown it's perfectly possible to set up a world where enemies respawn constantly without it feeling remotely strange, and you don't have to give up a strong narrative experience to do it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Asylum was the only Batman game with a strong narrative and the difference between the Metroidvania Asylum and the Open-World City/Knight titles is utterly massive in terms of quality.

What I’m saying is Asylum was the only good Batman game.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Warp between circles should have been a late late game powerup triggered by getting Merrin to join the party. Since you know, she can teleport and everything. And also that’s the time when you will be poking through the rear end ends of the levels looking for those collectibles you missed before the end of the game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The way the game populated levels is so janky. There are multiple spots in Dathomir where you can spawn in at a Med Circle and just sprint through the first 2-3 rooms before any of the warriors and archers spawn.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

exploring the levels like the jedi tomb planet thing just feels sorta awkward compared to sekiro because theyre obviously designed to be mostly run through once in one direction and the map screen isn't that helpful. I'm not the most attentive gamer but I've gotten lost in this game more than any souls thing ever. I can't tell if that's design or limited dev time though

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m scared at how many of the people in this thread say the map is bad and wondering how many of you have driver’s licenses, the map in this game is superb

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m scared at how many of the people in this thread say the map is bad and wondering how many of you have driver’s licenses, the map in this game is superb

It's not terrible but it could stand to have an option to scroll through zones

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Am I the only one that thinks the Inquisitor lightsabers look extremely uncomfortable to use?

Beat this the other day. Had a blast, really glad I got the game. I don't think there's plans for DLC which is a bummer, but hopefully there will be a sequel!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

10 Beers posted:

Am I the only one that thinks the Inquisitor lightsabers look extremely uncomfortable to use?

Beat this the other day. Had a blast, really glad I got the game. I don't think there's plans for DLC which is a bummer, but hopefully there will be a sequel!

Hot take: I'm glad there's no DLC coming. It's almost assured there will be a sequel, I think. I like that the gimmick of this game is "it's a game". No microtransactions, or DLC, or anything like that.

There might be DLC

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Firstborn posted:

Hot take: I'm glad there's no DLC coming. It's almost assured there will be a sequel, I think. I like that the gimmick of this game is "it's a game". No microtransactions, or DLC, or anything like that.

There might be DLC

I feel ya. I just want more lightsaber shenanigans.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

it kept leading me to slippery slides so its bad imo. honestly its just weird to have to put any thought at all into navigating a game like this

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The slides are how you get back to a few areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

The slides are how you get back to a few areas.

I didn't want to go back