Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Btw it's YELLOW PERIL WEEK on the CBC!

:slick:

:china: vs :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Canada really needs to step up on the Uighur issue. Mass detention, forced relocation, re-education, these are all forms of genocide, and as a country with no colonial history, Canada

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:crossarms:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:36 on Jun 20, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/Dr_Ulrichsen/status/1199530665210978305

Heh I wonder if any of these had parts made in Kitchener

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Another Bill posted:

:qq:bu..bu...but the sanctity of contracts!:qq:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Canada history (and present situation) with natives bad, but China also bad

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Another Bill posted:

Are there arms manufacturers in KW? Or is it just circuits or something for LAVs made here?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nvm it's a spam link. But yes there are arms Manufacturing companies in kitchener

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Why not I guess

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

we're selling arms there so they dont buy them over here

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Virtual Russian posted:

Are there arms manufacturers in KW? Or is it just circuits or something for LAVs made here?

general dynamics makes both LAVs and another vehicle similar to the one in the tweet for export to Saudi.

the best part is that the saudis haven’t actually payed for a ton of their equipment we have exported and is likely already destroyed. so the feds have loaned money to general dynamics to cover the payments lol. I posted the article in the ME thread a while back, it was on CBC.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

infernal machines posted:

:qq:bu..bu...but the sanctity of contracts!:qq:

if only we held the contracts we signed with indigenous people in the same high regard

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MaudeBarlow/status/1199716629917192192

justin trudeau is woke now

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:cop:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Jun 20, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

my morning jackass posted:

general dynamics makes both LAVs and another vehicle similar to the one in the tweet for export to Saudi.

the best part is that the saudis haven’t actually payed for a ton of their equipment we have exported and is likely already destroyed. so the feds have loaned money to general dynamics to cover the payments lol. I posted the article in the ME thread a while back, it was on CBC.

jesus christ

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ehhh domestic governments footing the bill for 'foreign military aid' is a standard practice. It's a way of projecting power in other countries conflicts without getting your (domestic) hands dirty, plus it creates jobs and value for shareholders at home.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Honestly I'd be more surprised to find out the Saudis were paying the bill.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Saudi Arabia does not need foreign military aid to faminize the yemenis. america gives them enough.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

not that I should be surprised coming from a government that supported the coup attempt in venezuela

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
did anyone actually expect the saudis themselves to be using the lavs? they have one of the worst run and incompetent militaries in the world, of course they are just going to give them to whoever going to use them to starve the yemen people

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

it’s amazing that we’d rather be friends with Saudi Arabia than the nations within our nation

failson respects failson game

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

eric ciaramella posted:

Saudi Arabia does not need foreign military aid to faminize the yemenis. america gives them enough.

Again though you're getting caught up on the nuts and bolts dollar value, and not seeing the diplomatic currency this aid buys Canada with the Saudis and other mutual allies.

Another Bill has issued a correction as of 23:52 on Nov 28, 2019

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Another Bill posted:

Again though you're getting caught up on the nuts and bolts dollar value, and not seeing the diplomatic currency this aid buys Canada with the Saudis and other mutual allies.

That currency was very valuable early this year when someone had a very milquetoast human rights complaint about the House of Saud.

Imagine how they would have reacted if we had pulled out of the contract that they are in arrears on.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:geoduck:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:41 on Jun 20, 2021

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

remember that time the saudis threatened to 9/11 canada on twitter from an official verified account

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:coolslime:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Jun 20, 2021

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

remember that time the saudis threatened to 9/11 canada on twitter from an official verified account

wat

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i really wish they 9/11'd the cn tower

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

what a loving stupid cowardly country we live in. Lets sell arms to the monsters that commit horrific crimes and also threaten to kill us.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Suplex Liberace posted:

i really wish they 9/11'd the cn tower

Hearing the rest of Canada jump on a 'we are all Torontonians' bandwagon would really be something.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Virtual Russian posted:

what a loving stupid cowardly country we live in. Lets sell arms to the monsters that commit horrific crimes and also threaten to kill us.

We're not selling them, we're giving them away!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Virtual Russian posted:

ahem. we have a contract

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

:distonk:

I forgot about that one

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Another Bill posted:

Hearing the rest of Canada jump on a 'we are all Torontonians' bandwagon would really be something.

I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't phrase it that way.

It's be more "gently caress Toronto and all, eh, but still, we can't just let them do that sort of thing!"

Then we could build a big cannon, paint AVRO on the side, and try to shoot them from "here".

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the chicken cannon makes its patriotic re debut

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suplex Liberace posted:

the chicken cannon makes its patriotic re debut

I grew up watching this show

I’m American

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

Colt has a plant here. my buddy works there, they do all the arms forces poo poo.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I grew up watching this show

I’m American

as a canadian, i'm sorry.

we can do better, we just very rarely do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

infernal machines posted:

as a canadian, i'm sorry.

we can do better, we just very rarely do

everyone who can do better has left