Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hopefully those 70+ cack it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Vlex posted:

My gran and grandad both have different and exciting forms of advanced dementia and even they are voting Labour.

My gran has the same but is a lifelong Tory voter so I can only hope her brain is so boggled by it she goes labour instead. Big labour safe seat so irrelevant really mind.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Warning: crispchat ahead.

Has anybody but me ever noticed that multipack crisps seem lower quality than those you get in individual bags? Like they're cut thinner or something. Is this my im,agination, or is there a Big Crisp conspiracy where they're passing off inferior crisps as the real thing in the multipacks. Answers on a postcard.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Genuinely shocked as many as 19% of 18-19 year olds vote Tory.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

forkboy84 posted:

I don't really get why the Tories are so terrified of Boris being questioned by his former boss.

this isn't the wildest theory

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1200098520482697216?s=20

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Spangly A posted:

to be fair

since 2017 the labour/tory crossover age has been rising by a year every 3-4 months and is now into the 50s, so it's much worse than that appears

but also the most likely outcome is that we will raise the scarlet standard high, so it's much better than it appears

Beneath its folds we'll live and die

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

I believe there was a poll suggesting it was down to 6% now.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
tho' boomers flinch and the beeb sneer

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

communism bitch posted:

Has anybody but me ever noticed that multipack crisps seem lower quality than those you get in individual bags? Like they're cut thinner or something. Is this my im,agination, or is there a Big Crisp conspiracy where they're passing off inferior crisps as the real thing in the multipacks. Answers on a postcard.

They're usually older. And the individual bags have way fewer crisps in them.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

communism bitch posted:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the obvious conclusion is a softball interview from andrew that bojo still fucks up but the papers declare it better than corbyns regardless

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
We got our first Labour marginal win, 2 weeks before the election:
https://twitter.com/BallotBoxScot/status/1200103705149882368
Pretty significant news as there were only 259 votes in it last time around. This will likely guarantee Labour at least 2 seats in Scotland alongside Edinburgh South which is ultra safe.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh good communism bitch isn't dead

you all ignored me or made jokes every time I asked so I was starting to worry this was a nihilistic take on a dead comrade

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

if I die I expect this thread to weekend at bernies me

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I'm not dead I'm just too lazy for posting

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

RockyB posted:

Corbyn will resign and we'll get a lefty lady leader.

This bit is critical. We're only hosed if the membership has a moment of weakness and elects Keir Starmer (say), out of some foolish notion that he'll appeal to 'moderates'. I think the general rage levels are too high for that, but we must not let a bad result crush us into despair.

E: Oi, where is my jammy Corbyn gangtag? Does the Awful app not show them, or have I been robbed?

Oh dear me fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 28, 2019

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

Leggsy posted:

We got our first Labour marginal win, 2 weeks before the election:
https://twitter.com/BallotBoxScot/status/1200103705149882368
Pretty significant news as there were only 259 votes in it last time around. This will likely guarantee Labour at least 2 seats in Scotland alongside Edinburgh South which is ultra safe.

This is my constituency. What'd he do?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I've been stanning the thread position that our next leader is RLB but nobody knows who she is, which seems bizarre

everyone seems to expect Rayner and I can see it more and more. Her handlers wouldn't let her go for a pint with her old union mentor (and me) but at least she got us backstage over the protests of the Alistair Campbell / Todd Chavez lovechild running the show

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh dear me posted:

This bit is critical. We're only hosed if the membership has a moment of weakness and elects Keir Starmer (say), out of some foolish notion that he'll appeal to 'moderates'. I think the general rage levels are too high for that, but we must not let a bad result crush us into despair.

E: Oi, where is my jammy Corbyn gangtag? Does the Awful app not show them, or have I been robbed?

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Oh cool, thank you!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

climate debate begins at 7:
https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1200112941170937859

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I honestly don't think they're going to have a choice but to do an all female shortlist. Far too much smug tory "We've had TWO female leaders" idpol nonsense going around for them not to.

My vote would be RLB regardless though.

E: Holy loving poo poo those mad, glorious bastards actually did the melt version of the DePfeffel

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

BigHandsVince posted:

Posted anti-semitic stuff on Facebook according to the SNP, I've not seen the posts so I don't know exactly what he said.

Dude was also a rampant transphobe apparently but that's not a dealbreaker for the SNP of course

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Tories are already throwing a loving fit over the ice sculpture move, threatening to review /revoke Channel 4's licensing terms.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wouldn't vote for her if you put a car battery to my bollocks but swinson at least turns up to get mercilessly dunked on by everyone all the time.

When you're more cowardly than the lib dems that's impressive.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

CottonWolf posted:

A lot will just vote the way their parents do. (Certainly in 1979 - the first election I could vote in - almost all of my fellow uni students voted tory 'because my parents do'. Yeah I know, 40 years ago but still... )

Oh dear me posted:

I do see a lot of 'if only Keir Starmer then I would vote labour' comments online. While I'm not particularly into personality politics he just has almost no go about him at all and I feel he would have been eaten alive if he had come under the same sort of scrutiny as Corbyn.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 28, 2019

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Olpainless posted:

Tories are already throwing a loving fit over the ice sculpture move, threatening to review /revoke Channel 4's licensing terms.

Phwoar yeah they’re not liking this much, are they?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Olds chat: the last time I talked to my 90 year-old, Tory gran, she told me that she’d seen stuff on the news about how there’re ‘too many old people’ hanging on and restricting young people’s opportunities, but “they say that, you don’t see them coming around offering pills or whatever to end it all for those of us who’d want it”.

Wonder how big the nihilistic pensioner voting bloc is nationwide.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

https://twitter.com/bendepear/status/1200116865894363136

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This debate should end up being a really positive evening for Labour. Our green policies smash every other parties' out of the window and the image of the BoJo/Farage statues will do huge numbers on social media.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://mobile.twitter.com/alextomo/status/1200116857996484612
Michael Gove, master of logics

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TTerrible posted:

Phwoar yeah they’re not liking this much, are they?

Channel 4 has just big-dicked this whole debate. You love to see it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Every time I read Bendy Pear I refuse to believe he's a real person.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I mean, man has a point.

https://twitter.com/AlanLewis05/status/1200115853930446849?s=19

Johnson going full meltdown (lol) over ic sculptures would be glorious. Oh but the :decorum:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Rarity posted:

This debate should end up being a really positive evening for Labour. Our green policies smash every other parties' out of the window and the image of the BoJo/Farage statues will do huge numbers on social media.

Yeah with only the lib dems really comfortable chasing the right wing vote and it being a topic debate Corbyn should present well in the debate and hopefully get some good soundbites for afterwards.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

fuf posted:

we have a little exeter goon contingent going on Monday to offer our services for canvassing / leafletting

get involved!

Empty quote!

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

BigHandsVince posted:

Anti-Semitism.

No mention of it on the national newspaper websites that I can see, but don't worry, there's a prominent article up right now on the guardian about a Scottish Labour party member being suspended for anti-Semitic Facebook posts so that's all okay and you can read all about that instead.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Every time I read Bendy Pear I refuse to believe he's a real person.

His mission - to avenge Barmy Brussels killing his brother Bendy Banana

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1200115043347632134?s=20

(Posted 6:11pm).

I bet it's total arslikhan. Paul Brand has shown almost Kuenssberg-like tendencies in the past few weeks.

'Scuse me while I choke: (follow up tweet just posted)

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1200120987460743169?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1200115043347632134?s=20

(Posted 6:11pm).

I bet it's total arslikhan. Paul Brand has shown almost Kuenssberg-like tendencies in the past few weeks.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1200120987460743169
lol