Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

M_Sinistrari posted:

I wish I remember where I read it, but as far as pork/poultry goes it can be okay to eat with some visible pink if the food inspection is on the high end so cooking it to no pink's more needed when food inspection's questionable. I'm still not risking it though.

Pork, yes, but not poultry. Salmonella lives in chickens naturally, so ti's not a question of food inspection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
That picture isn't especially an example of it but there's cooking methods where your medium chicken is pasteurized yet pink.

I can't particularly stomach dinosaur that isn't cooked through on a textural level so that knowledge really only works to post about on internet forums.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Dear Margaret:
...I really, like really really like rare beef and steak Tartare and all other forms of hardly touched beef. And Pork. Can't explain why. Am I just to northern european in northern Europe? If I move to south east Asia... will I have to choose between suicide now, or death by brain worms later? I only eat meat tested for Trichinella but should I get my own lab to be safe? Can I trust the mailman? Does human meat have contagious brain worms? Help, I dont know how to contain my bloodlust :ohdear:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

By popular demand posted:

Different meats ranked from low risk to high:
Fish: relatively low risk as the Japanese can attest.
Beef: you can have a steak tartare once in awhile I guess.
Pork/Poultry: high risk, do not consume undercooked!

Uuh, you might not want to eat freshwater fish raw.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Squidster posted:

Lest anyone think our cops aren't pieces of poo poo themselves:
https://twitter.com/TinaYazdani/status/1198293709852487680?s=19

Most of our city's pedestrian deaths are in bright daylight.

Seek help. Please.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Dylan16807 posted:

It depends on how many neighbors. If you only eat 2-5, and they didn't eat anyone... that's likely safe?

The real key is to not share meals, if you want to keep the risk of spreading to a minimum. If one brain can only infect at most one person, things are a lot better.

So what you're saying is that I should probably just pit roast a few neighbors at once and serve separately, so everyone in the family gets one to themselves and maybe not people rabies. Makes sense to me. Thanks!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Mister Mind posted:

Seek help. Please.
From cops? In Toronto?

The city that painted our cop cars stealth grey because it looked cooler? Where two off-duty cops recently beat a black teenager with a steel rod until his eye burst? The city where a mother had to find her dead daughter, in the exact neighbourhood she was reported missing, because the police never actually looked? Maybe the city where the cops did nothing while a serial killer preyed on the gay community for a decade? How about the one where the police chief blamed pedestrian fatalities on airpods?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/npescod/status/1197605670385639424?s=21

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm imagining Satan pretending to be Krampus while the confused fat man gets dressed.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Squidster posted:

From cops? In Toronto?

The city that painted our cop cars stealth grey because it looked cooler? Where two off-duty cops recently beat a black teenager with a steel rod until his eye burst? The city where a mother had to find her dead daughter, in the exact neighbourhood she was reported missing, because the police never actually looked? Maybe the city where the cops did nothing while a serial killer preyed on the gay community for a decade? How about the one where the police chief blamed pedestrian fatalities on airpods?

Yep. Sucks.

Just shrug your shoulders and move on,or else you'll be labeled a troublemaker and " DONT YOU SUPPORT OUR OFFICERS?!?!"

Like, how does this even happen? How are people not completely incensed over this kind of behavior?
It's so blatant! It's straight up saying " You do not loving matter at all"

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yep. Sucks.

Just shrug your shoulders and move on,or else you'll be labeled a troublemaker and " DONT YOU SUPPORT OUR OFFICERS?!?!"

Like, how does this even happen? How are people not completely incensed over this kind of behavior?

Because if it happens to someone, it must have been because they were bad, and I am a good person, so it won't happen to me.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

The Poop Cafe failed a recent inspection by Toronto food police

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mister Mind posted:

Seek help. Please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk5xnEL8mYg

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Dear Margaret:
...I really, like really really like rare beef and steak Tartare and all other forms of hardly touched beef. And Pork. Can't explain why. Am I just to northern european in northern Europe? If I move to south east Asia... will I have to choose between suicide now, or death by brain worms later? I only eat meat tested for Trichinella but should I get my own lab to be safe? Can I trust the mailman? Does human meat have contagious brain worms? Help, I dont know how to contain my bloodlust :ohdear:

Just buy a gamma source and use the power of the atom to sterilize your food.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Truly the most dont-know-what-i-expected.gif of headlines

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yep. Sucks.

It's cause American style conservatism is spreading northward like the plague and you haven't seen anything yet.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Truly the most dont-know-what-i-expected.gif of headlines

Choices were definitely made.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I think y'all might need a new police chief, this one has wandered into "old man yells at cloud" territory.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's cause American style conservatism is spreading northward like the plague and you haven't seen anything yet.

It's genuinely funny how many right wing pundits are from Canada or Australia. It'll be interesting to see how many of them head back home once the grift dries up here.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Police seize large quantities of cocaine, cash and conducted energy weapon in West Shore bust

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Azathoth posted:

It's genuinely funny how many right wing pundits are from Canada or Australia. It'll be interesting to see how many of them head back home once the grift dries up here.

No, no, the US is the source of all bad ideas. Try to keep up.

Anyone who says “this but unironically” gets a free Marine Le Pen t-shirt.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

“this but unironically” ironically

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

“this but unironically” ironically

hoist by my own Pétain

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

AlbieQuirky posted:

hoist by my own Pétain

Or in the case of Marine Le Pen, "putain" might work better

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Topically for the commonwealth being poo poo:
Aboriginal man's story of Maralinga nuclear bomb survival told with virtual reality

quote:

His dramatic first contact with whites came when he witnessed a nuclear bomb explosion at the British testing site at Maralinga.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Dear Margaret:

If you specifically want to avoid brain worms then just freeze the meat then thaw it again. Parasites are multicellular and will not survive even a single freeze cycle.

Note: Provides zero protection against bacteria, viruses, amoeba or prions.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

This isn't loading for some reason, what the hell is "conducted energy weapon"?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zereth posted:

article posted:

A conducted energy weapon and the vehicle believed to be used to deliver drugs were seized.

Literally all it says. Disappointingly, some googling says it's just a taser or taser-adjacent weapon.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

Literally all it says. Disappointingly, some googling says it's just a taser or taser-adjacent weapon.

Man, why is reality so boring

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Zereth posted:

The image I can load shows it's a short black cylindrical thing that looks like it might be a stun or cattle prod? (I am not good with weapons)

I share my disappointment with you guys in it not being some kind of sci-fi ray gun leaked from military black ops.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

aardwolf posted:

The image I can load shows it's a short black cylindrical thing that looks like it might be a stun or cattle prod? (I am not good with weapons)

I share my disappointment with you guys in it not being some kind of sci-fi ray gun leaked from military black ops.

Yeah. I was hoping it was something vehicle mounted. And looking like a Tesla coil in a horizontal orientation.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Like a magnetron gun?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

aardwolf posted:

It could be a high power laser pointer, which are not hard to build and can readily cause eye damage.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Azathoth posted:

It could be a high power laser pointer, which are not hard to build and can readily cause eye damage.

That’s radiated energy, not conducted.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Trump gaffe results in windfall for Calgary sock company

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgary/2019/11/28/1_4707421.html

quote:

On Nov. 26 Trump was making a speech at a rally in Boca Raton, Florida. His attempt to say “the U.S. “set another stock market record,” accidentally came out as “we just set another sock rocket.”

Social media jumped on the gaffe and #sockrocket began trending on Twitter.

Sock Rocket is an actual business based in Calgary that has designed and sold funky-printed socks for the last three years. For every pair purchased, the company donates socks to charities that collect clothing for people in need.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's awesome that this loving imbecile who can barely string together a cogent sentence is gonna win reelection because he's making the rich richer

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's awesome that this loving imbecile who can barely string together a cogent sentence is gonna win reelection because he's making the rich richer

hey, don't forget the fact that the Democrats can only run a competent campaign once a generation

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is how politics has always worked.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

aardwolf posted:

Yeah, it's very likely just a stun gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/theamycoop/status/1200513388889223169?s=19