Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I think we can really bust this sausage question wide open on this most holy of food days.

Can't wait to mix turkey fat, sawdust, and sausage for dressing.

E. Shameful dressing snipe. I searched all over the internet and this is the worst dressing picture I could find and you know what I still don't think it looks too bad

zedprime has a new favorite as of 12:46 on Nov 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Are we going to argue about how "dressing" is really "stuffing" now?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly I'd be content if we could go back to talking about bubblers.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Love how it magically halves in thickness when going into the toaster.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I feel that stuff like Chef's Club, tastemade, and Cookat are basically cheating for this thread. None of these recipes are intended to actually be used and they don't even follow their own recipe in the process. This dumpster fire is a great example. You'll notice how the last straw they made still had the brown end in frame. You know, that part your mouth would have to cover to physically be able to use it as a straw. It wouldn't work at all unless they put an actual straw in that one or had a real straw off frame to drink through. Not that either of the other straws would be air tight enough to work.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1199816212248612864

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:confused: would

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yeah I eat rear end posted:

it's the same thing, basically, but it cooks better and won't make you sick

win/win, imo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

There's a simple difference: stuffing has been inside the bird cavity, dressing has not.

Attempted to make bundt cake dressing. Make dressing as normal, then mix in one egg, then put in greased bundt pan. Cook 30 minutes at 350.

Add more grease than I did, because some of the dressing wanted to stay in the pan and fell apart. One quick attempt to put it back together...

Nailed it!

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 15:38 on Nov 28, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like one is more useful as a unique identifier, since the other is already used for entirely different food product. Personally, my brain associates the former with the weird gross stuff I got in a cafeteria that never even saw a bird and had all the flavors wrong.

'course, I also don't get why people try throwing celery into it.

Would.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://twitter.com/meeper12346/status/1199814961842786304

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I guess don't post on social media if you can't handle 50,000 identical stock responses.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/rYDci9j.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Happy Thanksgiving!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The Thanksgiving meal of champions chuds.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
FRESHNESS GUARANTEED

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TotalLossBrain posted:

The Thanksgiving meal of champions chuds.

I think you've misidentufied a few things.

Most chuds are suburban middle class with big Thanksgiving dinners.

The majority of the poor did not vote for Trump.

I hope whoever has that enjoys their meal

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
Jesus Christ man, you couldn't even spring for a Table Talk pie?

My Thanksgiving dinner is going to be leftover rice and beans, though, so I won't throw any more stones.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

These two are almost certainly intentional, and attempts at Thompson’s Turkey.

I made it once and it was okay, but not worth the inedible skin and boring preparation imo :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Bloop posted:

I think you've misidentufied a few things.

Most chuds are suburban middle class with big Thanksgiving dinners.

The majority of the poor did not vote for Trump.

I hope whoever has that enjoys their meal

It's more about being alone than being poor. It's relatively cheap food, but it's labour intensive. If you're poor a 99 cent a pound turkey is a great deal - you get thanksgiving dinner and then days of sandwiches and turkey a la king. Likewise mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, a can of cranberry sauce, basic stuffing, and a can of pie filling are all well within a poor family's weekly food budget and leave you with days of leftovers. It can be a very budget-friendly holliday.

But if you live alone that's just too much work, and way too much leftover turkey.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There was that cool picture that made the rounds a while back of a trump supporter posting on facebook the lovely little sandwich and chips they were eating for thanksgiving because the rest of their family and friends severed them or vice-versa, and a bunch of fellow conservatives replying, trying to be cheery and insist No Actually it's a good thing we're all alone.

AlbieQuirky posted:

These two are almost certainly intentional, and attempts at Thompson’s Turkey.

I made it once and it was okay, but not worth the inedible skin and boring preparation imo :shrug:

I wonder if anyone will ever try making a novelty squid ink/activated charcoal black turkey.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's more about being alone than being poor. It's relatively cheap food, but it's labour intensive. If you're poor a 99 cent a pound turkey is a great deal - you get thanksgiving dinner and then days of sandwiches and turkey a la king. Likewise mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, a can of cranberry sauce, basic stuffing, and a can of pie filling are all well within a poor family's weekly food budget and leave you with days of leftovers. It can be a very budget-friendly holliday.

But if you live alone that's just too much work, and way too much leftover turkey.

Yeah, it's just me and my roommate. Last year (out first in the apartment) I busted rear end making a fair Thanksgiving for two people. Leftovers forever, and a lot of it just ended up wasted.

This year whenever she wakes up:

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
TheWolfePit says it's good enough for you the people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4zaZen13aI

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've had the Turkey Spam and it's very dull.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

The other day I made candied spam. Didn’t take a picture, but it was pretty good

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Nothing against vegan food but uh

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
This guy is very loving serious about YOU eating tamales correctly. No more loving ketchup on them boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBKEjnDsiI&t=14s

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

As an American, here's a sausage:

I am curious what Australians mean by sausage now.

This is literally the only thing we call a sausage /snag lol. The "breakfast sausage" is just mince with seasoning, I think you can buy sausage meat which is like that Jimmy Dean one but it's not common.

I used to make my own sausages :D when I lived in a more regional town and had access to a pig guy and a lamb guy (no beef guy, god that would've been a blessing)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol if you don't make sausage from venison

just

lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, it's just me and my roommate. Last year (out first in the apartment) I busted rear end making a fair Thanksgiving for two people. Leftovers forever, and a lot of it just ended up wasted.

Wow TWO cans of spam you are going all out!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Randaconda posted:

just

lol

one of the few benefits of living where I do now is that it's full of deer hunters and occasionally someone I know will just drop 5 pounds of venison sausage on me from nowhere.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

next year, for the price of two cans of spam you can get just some fresh turkey parts to roast in the oven. a relative of mine bought a couple of turkey breast packs for thanksgiving a few years ago when it was just a few of us, and it was a snap compared to doing a whole bird. it cooks faster and you can get proper, even cooking, instead of having some parts of the bird dry out

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

one of the few benefits of living where I do now is that it's full of deer hunters and occasionally someone I know will just drop 5 pounds of venison sausage on me from nowhere.

when i was a kid neighbors would give us venison, walleye, and pheasant. it's all extremely good and the easiest way you can get any of those around here is to get it yourself, or know someone who hunts or fishes

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

when i was a kid neighbors would give us venison, walleye, and pheasant. it's all extremely good and the easiest way you can get any of those around here is to get it yourself, or know someone who hunts or fishes

The best part of having redneck family members is getting to eat delicious game meats and fish all fall and winter.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Randaconda posted:

just

lol

I mean...

I live in Australia

Venison is expensive af here and also isn't massively easy to find guys who bag it wild. I'm honestly more likely to get kangaroo and wild pig lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

The best part of having redneck family members is getting to eat delicious game meats and fish all fall and winter.

Where I grew up, it wasn't even being "redneck". Hunting and fishing are pretty much the major fun things to do when you live way out in the country. We would often joke with the guys who went out fishing primarily to drink beer and get away from it all. Oh hey Eddie, good fishing today? Then Eddie would say oh yeah, six cans worth!