Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

Jose has some wierd stalker thing going on for BM, basically. Ignore it.
agreed there was a ton of work done throughout these forums around phone hacking/the leveson inquiry which eventually led to middle east research and the formation of bellingcat. the disdain he has for a former mod actually doing something with his life is telling alongside the sources he keeps citing, but can't keep a man from fighting his hurricanes

e: 383ad hadrian's wall is overrun by the picts

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

TheRat posted:

Yeah I don't get it, why do people have this weird aversion to US sponsored propaganda?

Same reason some people defend Assad, probably. They picked a side and ignore any inconvenient counter-evidence.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

always intrigued by the evil wally with the black/yellow stripes never knew what that guy's deal was

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Paul.Power posted:

He's called Wally over here, for reference.

vastly, objectively inferior incidentally. dazzlingly so.

e:

RockyB posted:

My grandma bought the books back from America, so he'll always be waldo in my heart :shrug:

because it is definitely the better name.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

Same reason some people defend Assad, probably. They picked a side and ignore any inconvenient counter-evidence.

Yeah go gently caress yourself

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

OwlFancier posted:

A little bit I guess, but like...

Like they're loving identical but for about 30 years.

I can't believe there are two people in the world who look like michael gove.

He's Gove's next vessel. I think John Selwyn Gummer was the previous one.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

oh but seriously I posted:

always intrigued by the evil wally with the black/yellow stripes never knew what that guy's deal was
Walio.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

jokes aside, what is gove supposed to be a leader of?

He's not sure, but he always feels like a leader when he comes out of the bathroom!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

sinky posted:

Should be

Trust me, Bozza's bellend has never been that clean.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Odlaw was the name of his wasp shaded equivalent.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Josef bugman posted:

Odlaw was the name of his wasp shaded equivalent.

Deep namtab lore coming out tonight. Anyway how 'bout that class war boys

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/27/class-war-conservatives-taxes-middle-class

quote:

I am not sure if it is class war exactly, but something very like it is back,” Robert Peston, ITV’s political editor, recently cautioned in the Spectator. Labour will “sting” those earning £80,000 a year, as well as introduce a “dizzying array” of increased levies on profits, assets and financial trading, he noted. Others have gone further. The Daily Mail has suggested Jeremy Corbyn wants to “go to war on property ownership and indeed the middle-class way of life as we know it”.

Even as Labour’s critics were decrying moderate tax rises for the highest earners, the Institute for Fiscal Studies published updated analysis that showed what low-income families have faced over the last decade. It showed reforms to taxes and benefits since 2010 have been firmly tilted against the poorest 10% of households with children, who have seen losses of up to 18% of their income (£3,800), while the most affluent 10% have seen losses of just 4% (£2,200 per year). It’s worth saying that again: as a result of political choices over the last decade, the poorest families with kids have had a fifth of their income removed.

Forget class war “coming back”. It’s already here – except, rather than being a sudden raid on the richest, it’s been a long-term assault on the poorest. Warren Buffett, speaking about the similar situation in the US, said: “There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

I thought Frances was normally a lot more melty than this

(E: And girls, choose your own preferred pronoun and pretend I used it)

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
An update on the attempt by the Conservative party to have Michael Gove take Boris Johnson’s place in the Channel 4 leaders’ climate debate, which was rejected:

Watching the debate in “the spin room” the prime minister’s father, Stanley Johnson, insisted that Gove had been “absolutely geared up to represent the Conservative party and the prime minister”.

“Michael Gove would have made a big, big contribution,” he said, adding that he suspected the other party leaders had realised that the chancellor of the duchy of Lancaster “would have wiped the floor with them”.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Jesus Christ,

Apraxin posted:

An update on the attempt by the Conservative party to have Michael Gove take Boris Johnson’s place in the Channel 4 leaders’ climate debate, which was rejected:

Watching the debate in “the spin room” the prime minister’s father, Stanley Johnson, insisted that Gove had been “absolutely geared up to represent the Conservative party and the prime minister”.

“Michael Gove would have made a big, big contribution,” he said, adding that he suspected the other party leaders had realised that the chancellor of the duchy of Lancaster “would have wiped the floor with them”.

This is some bone deep imbecility.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

RockyB posted:

That's the good Frances, it's the other two who are evil.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lmao what the hell is the chancellor of the duchy of Lancaster

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Apraxin posted:

boris johnson's dad wishes michael gove was his son

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/notstelfc/status/1199824212397109248?s=19

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's hilarious how hard the Tories are shrieking about this. There's clearly no bias, they would've done the same to any party leader who ducked it.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meanwhile in other news:

Queen calls off Prince Andrew's 60th birthday party and will just have small family celebration.

https://www.tatler.com/article/the-queen-calls-off-prince-andrews-60th-birthday-party

Andrew is very upset that none of the kids can come :reddit:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Apraxin posted:

Michael Gove wipes the floor with the Brexit Party ice sculpture, slips over, breaks own pelvis.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Before you get too erect, Jose, as a member of the press regulator Impress, set up after the Leveson Inquiry, she would first have to submit a complaint to Impress. Also, as she's not even bothered to email her list of demands over to us, let alone anything else, I don't think she's taking the legal process particularly seriously

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Plus I'm sure your MI5 handlers will pay the legal bills.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Brown Moses posted:

Before you get too erect, Jose, as a member of the press regulator Impress, set up after the Leveson Inquiry, she would first have to submit a complaint to Impress. Also, as she's not even bothered to email her list of demands over to us, let alone anything else, I don't think she's taking the legal process particularly seriously

i have nothing against you and am not trolling (saying that makes it seem like i am trolling {i am not trolling}): why is the us government paying you money?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Gonzo McFee posted:

Plus I'm sure your MI5 handlers will pay the legal bills.

Yes, apparently I have infinite money pouring into my secret bank accounts from George Soros and the intelligence agencies of the world.

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 28, 2019

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

i have nothing against you and am not trolling (saying that makes it seem like i am trolling {i am not trolling}): why is the us government paying you money?

Sincerely what I was going to ask as well

Tories delenda est

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Apraxin posted:

Excuse me! EXCUSE ME! I'm Boris' father and I brought a note excusing him from the debate because he's busy having a tech support session! This is outrageous! I demand to see the headmaster! Stop blowing bubbles, Michael!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Brown Moses posted:

Yes, apparently I have infinite money pouring into my secret bank accounts from George Soros and the intelligence agencies of the world.

i am not trying to be lovely man and if it is not the case just say it is not the case. i work a lovely job & 95% of my posts are about pro-wrestling i am not some kind of operator

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I assume you're referring to the NED money, it funds trainers to train more people to do online open source investigation. None of that money funds anything on the editorial side of Bellingcat, it's all training related. I think with that, the 5 day workshops we run that people pay for, and various other training events we've run we've trained several hundred people, mostly journalists, over the last few years.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Brown Moses posted:

Ah yes, arguing against things that nobody here said, that'll work.

RockyB posted:

Deep namtab lore coming out tonight. Anyway how 'bout that class war boys

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/27/class-war-conservatives-taxes-middle-class

(E: And girls, choose your own preferred pronoun and pretend I used it)

Frances wrote a book called Crippled: Austerity and the Demonization of Disabled People, she has some sort of physical disability (I forget which) & regularly writes in the Graun about the evils of the DWP. I'm pretty sure you've got her confused with someone else.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Brown Moses posted:

Have you considered loving off with trying to equate being a paid shill for western intelligence agencies with antisemitic conspiracy theories?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Just to confirm that the prime minister sent his daddy to tell off the TV channel that was being mean to his son?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1200080769621860352

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Ah yes, arguing against things that nobody here said, that'll work.

Frances wrote a book called Crippled: Austerity and the Demonization of Disabled People, she has some sort of physical disability (I forget which) & regularly writes in the Graun about the evils of the DWP. I'm pretty sure you've got her confused with someone else.

Weetman has forever tainted the name Frances, as well as the name Weetabix.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Ornedan posted:

Have you considered loving off with trying to equate being a paid shill for western intelligence agencies with antisemitic conspiracy theories?

Some people attack BM for being funded by Soros. Others attack him for being funded by the US. Sorry, what's the difference again?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Rust Martialis posted:

Some people attack BM for being funded by Soros. Others attack him for being funded by the US. Sorry, what's the difference again?

the united states is actually a malevolent bringer of poverty and death for real

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

Maybe that the US actually provably has funded seemingly benign stuff with ulterior motives whereas secret Soros funding is a nazi conspiracy theory? So if you don't see any difference between things supported by the historical record and nazi propaganda I'd say it says more about you than anybody else.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Apraxin posted:

please tell me that's a real quote so i can laugh harder at 'geared up'

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

blunt posted:

No audience helps a lot too.
No audience, and no nazis at the podiums.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Urgh I'm in a twitter fight with a Very Reasonable Just Asking Questions senior academic over anti-Semitism claims.

Edit: anyone got a source for anti-Semitism/racism being less prevalent in Labour than the general population?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Maybe that the US actually provably has funded seemingly benign stuff with ulterior motives whereas secret Soros funding is a nazi conspiracy theory? So if you don't see any difference between things supported by the historical record and nazi propaganda I'd say it says more about you than anybody else.

Bellingcat is literally funded the Open Society Foundations (Soros) tho, leading to the predictable conspiracies. Hence the original reference to Soros.