Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

Gargano/Almas and the first Gargano/Ciampa are the last 2 WWE matches I genuinely felt feelings while watching
:same:

probably the two bayley/sasha matches before that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
All three Gargano v Ciampa matches are very good and something different each time.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

All three Gargano v Ciampa matches are very good and something different each time.

Gargano really perfected the "Why am I so violent" face.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Asuka/Ember as well

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

So important he couldn't even remember who was in that match.

I think you’re thinking of Saudi Arabia. Sasha and Alexa wrestled in Abu Dhabi first

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think you’re thinking of Saudi Arabia. Sasha and Alexa wrestled in Abu Dhabi first

Abu Dhabi was the one where they staged the This Is Hope chant, right?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I haven't watched them but I've heard a lot of good things about the Cole/Gargano series.

Seems like this Gargano guy is a good wrestler.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Abu Dhabi was the one where they staged the This Is Hope chant, right?

There’s a video out there of like 3 randos chanting it and Stephanie acted like it was the whole audience so probably

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Gargano is often my favourite wrestler's opponent. His trilogys with Andrade and Ciampa are some of my favourite matches ever. His match with Aleister Black was amazing, I used it as an example to show my younger brother (who hadn't seen a wrestling match since Goldberg/Hogan) how much wrestling had changed.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Gargano is often my favourite wrestler's opponent. His trilogys with Andrade and Ciampa are some of my favourite matches ever. His match with Aleister Black was amazing, I used it as an example to show my younger brother (who hadn't seen a wrestling match since Goldberg/Hogan) how much wrestling had changed.

Alvarez wasn't totally off by calling him the American Okada.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I don't agree but it's hardly a stupid opinion. That match did loving own.

"Don't trust anyone who doesn't think this one match is the best match of the last decade" is dumb hyperbole.

MJeff posted:

The more I think about it I'm actually really fascinated by this. If you compiled a list of the best WWE matches of the decade, who would show up the most? You'd think it'd be Gargano or Bryan, but Cena might actually get in there.

Because I'm bored as hell, have a selection of the top rated matches on Cagematch from 2010 to 2019. Everything over 9 because there's too drat many over 8.5 and while I'm bored I'm not that bored.
Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker, Wrestlemania 26.

CM Punk vs John Cena, Money In The Bank
Christian vs Randy Orton, Over The Limit

Daniel Bryan, Kane & Ryback vs The Shield, TLC
The Undertaker vs HHH, Wrestlemania 28
CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan, Over The Limit
CM Punk vs John Cena, Night of Champions

Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk, Summerslam
Daniel Bryan vs John Cena, Summerslam
CM Punk vs John Cena, 25th February Raw
CM Punk vs The Undertaker, Wrestlemania 29
(Side note, Cesaro has 3 TV matches over 8.5, against Bryan, Kofi & Regal on Raw, Main Event & NXT. Cesaro is awesome)

Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn, NXT Takeover R Evolution
Cesaro vs Sami Zayn, NXT Arrival
Wyatt Family vs The Shield, Elimination Chamber
Daniel Bryan vs HHH, Wrestlemania 30

Bayley vs Sasha Banks, NXT Takeover Brooklyn
Brock Lesnar vs John Cena vs Seth Rollins, Royal Rumble
Bayley vs Sash Banks, NXT Takeover Respect
Cesaro vs John Cena, 6th July Raw
John Cena vs Kevin Owens, Money In The Bank

The Revival vs DIY, NXT Takeover Toronto
Sami Zayn vs Shinsuke Nakamura, NXT Takeover Dallas
Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn, Battleground
Kota Ibushi vs TJ Perkins, Cruiserweight Classic episode 10
Cedric Alexander vs Kota Ibushi, Crusierweight Classic episode 5
The Revival vs DIY, NXT Takeover Brooklyn II
Cesaro vs Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn vs The Miz, Extreme Rules

Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate, NXT Takeover Chicago
Authors of Pain vs The Revival vs DIY, NXT Takeover Orlando

Andrade Cien Almas vs Johnny Gargano, Takeover Philadelphia
Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa, Takeover New Orleans
Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa, Takeover Chicago
Kyle O'Reilly & Roderick Strong vs Trent Seven & Tyler Bate, NXT 21st June
Adam Cole vs EC3 vs Killian Dain vs Lars Sullivan vs Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream, Takeover New Orleans
Buddy Murphy vs Mustafa Ali, 205 Live 3rd July
Kyle O'Reilly & Roderick Strong vs Trent Seven & Tyler Bate, Takeover Brooklyn 4

Tyler Bate vs WALTER, Takeover Cardiff
Johnny Gargano vs Ricochet, Takeover Phoenix
Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston, Wrestlemania 35

The last great non-Wrestlemania main roster match was July 2016. Pretty good really.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MJeff posted:

Alvarez wasn't totally off by calling him the American Okada.

All of Okada's matches are great, meanwhile Gargano's last great match was against Almas. Every match in the feud with Ciampa ended in a way that made him look like a dumbass and a geek. By the third match in the series it became impossible for me to see the dude as a credible challenger to anyone higher on the card than a 205 Live JTTS.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TTBF posted:

All of Okada's matches are great, meanwhile Gargano's last great match was against Almas

His Takeover matches with Aleister Black and Ricochet ruled. Dark Johnny was great and it sucks that we didn't get a satisying resolution to that character.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TTBF posted:

All of Okada's matches are great, meanwhile Gargano's last great match was against Almas. Every match in the feud with Ciampa ended in a way that made him look like a dumbass and a geek. By the third match in the series it became impossible for me to see the dude as a credible challenger to anyone higher on the card than a 205 Live JTTS.

The first Ciampa/Gargano match was great and roughly equal to the Almas match imo. The matches after that all had boneheaded finishes and are what cooled me off on NXT personally (along with Aleister's reign being sent out to die). But I mean in the sense that your favorite wrestler's best match will usually be with that guy. He's a chameleon. He wrestles a great match in the other guy's style, y'know? For a while there, Gargano had an absolutely insane streak of home runs basically every time he stopped in the ring, no matter who he was up against, whether it was a tag or a single, didn't matter.

The Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions, Bisexual Support and Match of the Decade Discussion.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/redrebelofdeath/status/1199717078267256832?s=21

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
All three of the Gargano-Ciampa matches stunk and I voted that worst feud of 2018. Overly hammy nonsense that showed the worst of Gargano. The Cole matches also all weren’t good: the last one especially was self-indulgent nonsense. Gargano is possibly the most overrated wrestler around and as cold as I have been on Okada’s current reign that comparison is just an insult.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

drat I got owned yall

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

All three of the Gargano-Ciampa matches stunk and I voted that worst feud of 2018. Overly hammy nonsense that showed the worst of Gargano. The Cole matches also all weren’t good: the last one especially was self-indulgent nonsense. Gargano is possibly the most overrated wrestler around and as cold as I have been on Okada’s current reign that comparison is just an insult.

The Gargano/Ciampa feud was always Triple H/Michaels with PWG workrate so I understand why people enjoyed it, but I could never really get into it. There was always so much meta, wink-wink heel turn teasing when they were both faces that I could never actually care enough to get invested when the turn finally came. Then the rest of the feud happened.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

This is one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

glad to see an old classic make his return to the thread after a long time away.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can you believe that's only the second stupidest account named NWO wolfpac that I've seen?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm pretty sure that's the same dude

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oh so you live in a society?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Oh so you live in a society?

Nah, he wants a New World Order, says so in his profile pic and everything

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/1199928655201198081?s=20

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Deleted

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

always screenshot

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

les moore is a loving weirdo

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lol gently caress off rovert

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You can still think Mauro’s bad and respect his mental health. It’s not loving hard. Just shut up. Jesus.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everytime I think I'm too mean to Rovert it turns out I'm right for hating him.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

still funny that a non zero amount of people here took rovert seriously

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't read past the first line until I saw your comment and went back. God drat that dude sucks.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Gumball Gumption posted:

dude has gotten kicked off literally every wrestling community on the internet except this one and people here still sniff his jock because they like having an """insider""" on the forums

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Didn't rovert finally, finally get banned? Or did I hallucinate that?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ShootaBoy posted:

almost but not quite

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ShootaBoy posted:

He's been banned but you know he always buys back in. Gotta get Lowtax's kid some new shoes so you can't perma him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I recommend looking at the newest rule for this subforum