Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i literally just compared them to the holocaust and yet you somehow assume that im defending them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

its really cute how youre describing this process as trumpian as if such falsehoods were unheard of before 11/9

actually before trump literally nothing bad existed

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

stop bullshitting theres no such thing as before trump

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Mar 23, 2021

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
While I think many think tanks agree that the Sino-America relationship is heading toward partial decoupling, I still think Friedman speak for the globalization capitalists. America the sovereign state and the globalized capitals don't share the same interests, even though many people including the Republicans want you think they are the same.

And I predict the capitalist elites in the US will push the decoupling backward after Donald Trump, because ultimately they care about making more money in China in their own business than safe guarding the national interest of the US. Kind of like Hillary gifting a "reset" button to Putin after the Georgia war soured the relationship.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1199838802535170048

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

that friedman column reminds me of the democratic debates where everyone firmly agrees that china is bad and needs to be punished but also the trade war is bad so naturally no one ever comes anywhere close to articulating an actual new china policy

their complete disinterest in talking about hong kong or the ughyurs as opposed to are soybean farmers is also a pretty obvious tell as to what their priorities really are

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

What is that picture

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bloodnose posted:

What is that picture

Hes standing next to a column at the White House and someone took that pic from a long way away and there was a tree branch between the camera and trump

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Why

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

maybe this was the only recent picture they had which perfectly captured trumps sad face upon thinking of the plight of the oppressed hong kongers

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

America wins again

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Brother Pangzai has been shadowbanned
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1199841092851494912?s=20

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Should've been Carl

also: "Rural China Life" *downs 5 bottles of maotai*

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
This going several months back in the thread, but a small excerpt from an English translation of Losurdo's Stalin biography pointed to the initiation of the Great Leap Forward as a response to U.S. economic intervention. For anyone looking for more info, I recommend Victor S. Kaufman's "A Response to Chaos: The United States, the Great Leap Forward, and the Cultural Revolution, 1961—1968" for The Journal of American-East Asian Relations. It's an easy read and is chock full of notes and other sources for further exploration.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What the gently caress, #freepangzai!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
pangzai can drink himself to death just fine without a bunch of sicko nihilist americans egging him on

coathat
May 21, 2007

whatever7 posted:

What the gently caress, #freepangzai!

Turkey is off the menu this thanksgiving; we’re having People’s War instead

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Grapplejack posted:

China also has nuclear weapons so that also limits what, if anything, can feasibly be done.

Apartheid South Africa also had nuclear weapons

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Autism Sneaks posted:

pangzai can drink himself to death just fine without a bunch of sicko nihilist americans egging him on

lol gently caress right off

the guy rules, not everything has to be a "thing"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I thought Israel offered to sell them nukes but they refused?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

BrainDance posted:

lol gently caress right off

the guy rules, not everything has to be a "thing"

would you encourage someone else's excessive drinking if they couldn't make it look cool?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

yeah

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Horseshoe theory posted:

I thought Israel offered to sell them nukes but they refused?

Yes but that was in the 70s. They later developed about 6 in the 80s which was the height of the divestment movement using French nuclear tech that was supposed to be for nuke plants and Israeli tech for turning that into missiles. They disassembled it in the early 90s.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LivPosting/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Oh boy.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
They been at it a while

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Borealis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5A0YFQGEc&t=5s

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's that time of the year again. I wish my fellow China thread goons a happy festivus.

whatever7 has issued a correction as of 23:32 on Nov 28, 2019

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Nothing more Roman than making up your own nickname based on how you think the cool kids will remember you

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Apartheid SA wasn't the global center of manufacturing

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

whatever7 posted:

It's that time of the year again. I wish my fellow China thread goons a happy festivus.

gam yan jit fai luk

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Nothing more Roman than making up your own nickname based on how you think the cool kids will remember you

Yeah everyone knows you have to let someone else come up with your cognomen

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/joshuawongcf/status/1200096008769683456

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

In conclusion, China is a land of contrasts.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

USA! USA!

https://twitter.com/VivienneChow/status/1200048236041396225?s=20

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Some Guy TT posted:

that friedman column reminds me of the democratic debates where everyone firmly agrees that china is bad and needs to be punished but also the trade war is bad so naturally no one ever comes anywhere close to articulating an actual new china policy

their complete disinterest in talking about hong kong or the ughyurs as opposed to are soybean farmers is also a pretty obvious tell as to what their priorities really are

lol @ this moronic display of "goon smarts".

The trade war isn't just with China, it's with the rest of the world as well; and Trump cares about neither Hong Kong nor the Uighurs.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

interesting that you think im a moron because of two facts that were in no way contradicted by anything i wrote

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Okay, posing in front of an attack on titan poster is the last straw: wong is a loving fascist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
the main character recently went full Hitler and I think he’s the final villain now