Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

welcome to hell posted:

My boyfriend CONSTANTLY makes our home smell like farts

Buy one of those masks doctors wear and carry a can of air freshener and spray bottle of water everywhere. Wear the mask and spray him with the water every time he farts, followed by spraying the everloving poo poo out of his arse. Pun totally intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
A lovely snipe. Have this story as penance...

Should i confess my interest/crush to a man when I am in a relationship? Please read its deep,and very important.

quote:

I have extremly strong interest/ crush on a man at my work for 5 months. I thought and wished it will go away and its not going away. My interest in him is stronger than I ve ever experienced. I feel extreme attraction and interest in him. I ve had crushes being in a relationship before and never acted on it and it passed. But this feels stronger. Im 30, he is 49 but i prefer older men. He ended the job but works in the same building. I wanted to tell him but Everytime I tried something freezes me, and thats the fact im in a relationship. I love my boyfriend deeply, i love him like my closest family and doesnt want to hurt him. Or leave him he is a great person and doesnt deserve ths from me. I dont want to cheat. BUT THE MORE i ban myself from expressing my interest the more I want this man. I cant live like this anymore . I think about this nonstop. I dont eat which happened to me only when somebody from family died , i usually am stress eater so not eating is strong indicator and I m starting depression. I tried not seeing this man for 2 weeks before and it never helped, everytime i see him it comes back more intense.

I consider myself having moral values and being this attracted to someone and thinking about him nonstop makes me feel like a trash.

This man probably doesnt know i like him and most likely is not interested and would refuse me and I dont know if he is in a relationship. I know he is not married. I think he d refuse me, and i feel like that would help me. It d help me to move on. But should i confess to a man just to get refused and move on? Confessing still feels like cheating. Because honestly deep inside there is a part of me which hopes he d want me and it would be greater than what I have now or just i ll be able to satisfy my extreme attraction to him by going out few times and it d end. And what I have is good, i just cant feel excitement and am bored because this man is always in my head.

Please help me how do I get over this man? I tried so many things , last weeks I have deeps thought about everything and i m in very bad place.

I want this man so much, but I dont want to cheat or break up with my boyfriend.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
R/relationships: Enter the Farting

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Lucrece posted:

Should i confess my interest/crush to a man when I am in a relationship? Please read its deep,and very important.

I like how in para 2 she makes it sound like they kind of don't actually interact much.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

welcome to hell posted:

My boyfriend CONSTANTLY makes our home smell like farts

I love how a woman who can’t even type the word fart without embarrassment got involved with a flatulence elemental.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

r/relationships: Please read its deep,and very important

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Lucrece posted:

Someone needs to explain to this person that cheating is like an elevator...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dienes posted:

My mom used to train herding and sight hounds - flyball, obedience, rally, etc. Then she got two dachshunds and started believing conspiracy theories that the ASPCA wants to make it illegal to own any kind of animal and that people advocating for 'adopt don't shop' want to put down all purebred dogs.

They definitely cause brain spiders.

PETA does, in fact, want to make it illegal to own any kind of animal..

The ASPCA is good, though.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Pinecone Sample posted:

WIBTA if I sent my ex an email warning her about changing our son's appearances and calling her out on lying?

My initial instinct was that she shouldn't have lied to her ex about the reason, but based on how he's responded to the whole thing, she really should have just lied better.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Krazyface posted:

My initial instinct was that she shouldn't have lied to her ex about the reason, but based on how he's responded to the whole thing, she really should have just lied better.

Gum

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

QuarkJets posted:

That would be uncharacteristically wise and empathetic for a manager

"Ooh, how about I decide to fire them before I even call them to come in for a meeting and, when they do arrive, spend half a hour berating and abusing them, tell them I won't be paying them the extra money we agreed on for working a holiday and then tell them they're fired?" - A manager.

Seriously, if you're going to fire someone, then do it. But yelling at them until they cry is unforgivable and that manager deserves to have her holiday ruined for being a power tripping nazi.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 29, 2019

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"Ooh, how about I decide to fire them before I even call them to come in for a meeting and, when they do arrive, spend half a hour berating and abusing them, tell them I won't be paying them the extra money we agreed on for working a holiday and then tell them they're fired?" - A manager.

Seriously, if you're going to fire someone, then do it. But yelling at them until they cry is unforgivable and that manager deserves to have her holiday ruined for being a power tripping nazi.

I've been on both sides of a firing before, and goddamned rule number 1 is to completely sever the relationship when you tell them they're done. Do it at the end of the day, do it at the end of a pay period if at all possible, do it when them not coming in the next day si something that's been handled and prepared for, etc. Once you say that they don't work there any more it's straight to HR/IT/Security etc to get out-boarding done.

Saying "you're fired" and then requiring loving anything of the person you just canned is idiocy beyond compare.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Cyrano4747 posted:

I've been on both sides of a firing before, and goddamned rule number 1 is to completely sever the relationship when you tell them they're done. Do it at the end of the day, do it at the end of a pay period if at all possible, do it when them not coming in the next day si something that's been handled and prepared for, etc. Once you say that they don't work there any more it's straight to HR/IT/Security etc to get out-boarding done.

Saying "you're fired" and then requiring loving anything of the person you just canned is idiocy beyond compare.
Yeah, this is what I agree with. If it's not super inappropriate stuff getting them fired doing it at the end of a pay period makes sense, otherwise do it at the end of a shift if you can't afford to let them storm out early, because it's entirely reasonable to just leave once you've been fired.

Isn't giving someone responsibility after they've been fired just asking them to do something to gently caress you over, anyway?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Also what's the point in firing them at all at that point? They're probably now less likely to leave the keys in the lock again than whoever you hire to replace them, and now you've got the cost of finding and training a replacement...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i cant imagine the lock was that expensive to get changed anyway. maybe this place has 100 doors and it was a master key that got lost but I doubt it

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Also what's the point in firing them at all at that point? They're probably now less likely to leave the keys in the lock again than whoever you hire to replace them, and now you've got the cost of finding and training a replacement...

The earlier discussion about small business owners wasn't entirely off the mark. You can see a lot of really awful management practices in small businesses or larger ones that are still family owned. One of the worst bosses I ever had was the owner of a regional property developer - the sort of place that owned a lot of buildings in the downtown of a mid-sized city. When it came to property development and the other core parts of his business he knew his poo poo backwards and forwards. Dude built his property empire and made a sizable chunk of money doing it. When it came to employees, though, he was an absolute petty tyrant. The sort of guy who would threaten to fire people over petty poo poo and then shift to joking about firing you if he was in a good mood and though he was being "one of the guys."

As much as I"ll be the first person to say that it's lovely behavior (I hated that job) I also have to recognize that the root cause is people in smaller businesses wearing a bunch of hats. The guy who can spot a great opportunity to turn a dilapidated old warehouse into shops and apartments isn't necessarily the one who is going to be good at managing employees or handling gently caress ups in a constructive way. When a business gets bigger you actually have professionals doing poo poo like HR rather than the owner.

edit: you also see the same kind of dysfunction in academia, for similar reasons.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

The earlier discussion about small business owners wasn't entirely off the mark. You can see a lot of really awful management practices in small businesses or larger ones that are still family owned. One of the worst bosses I ever had was the owner of a regional property developer - the sort of place that owned a lot of buildings in the downtown of a mid-sized city. When it came to property development and the other core parts of his business he knew his poo poo backwards and forwards. Dude built his property empire and made a sizable chunk of money doing it. When it came to employees, though, he was an absolute petty tyrant. The sort of guy who would threaten to fire people over petty poo poo and then shift to joking about firing you if he was in a good mood and though he was being "one of the guys."

As much as I"ll be the first person to say that it's lovely behavior (I hated that job) I also have to recognize that the root cause is people in smaller businesses wearing a bunch of hats. The guy who can spot a great opportunity to turn a dilapidated old warehouse into shops and apartments isn't necessarily the one who is going to be good at managing employees or handling gently caress ups in a constructive way. When a business gets bigger you actually have professionals doing poo poo like HR rather than the owner.

edit: you also see the same kind of dysfunction in academia, for similar reasons.

Family-owned businesses are the ones where I'm always concerned about getting paid as a sub and I need counter info from other contractors that they're a well run organization. There's this need for small businesses to expand their business presence for a variety of reasons, and poorly run businesses just don't have the flexibility to pick up larger contracts and end up with unexpected expenses, and they end up shafting subs, employees, and suppliers as a result. For larger businesses there's usually nothing outside their wheelhouse.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What would prevent me from doing this

quote:

My idea is simple, I call it Tweaker Town.

There are a few venues. A building partitioned off into rooms each of which serves as a fully functional workshop (for computers, woodworking, auto, etc)

Users sign up for whatever it is they are interested in, are allowed to use the workshops (complete with tools band materials) either alome or with others they sign up with, whatever they produce I sell for them, take out operating costs, give them a generous amount of profit, keep a small amount for myself.

A nearby scrap yard I create would provide numberous other opertunities such as cars to feed a legal chop shop where people can just create an account, walk in, chop up cars and get paid in cash when they turn in the parts. The scrap yard could also deal in glass and plastic to expand the amount of easy money they can make.

I can build tiny houses that cost around 5-10 a night to rent with a maximum stay of one day, and no rule preventing them from just renting the one right next to it the next night (so they don't have time to trash it,) campers near the gates that can pay them 10-15 dollars a night (a sneaky way to get them to do guard Duty when they get tweaked out and peep out the window all night with flashlights,) and I can scatter about old dilapidated trailers for them to sneak off into and do their thing and hopefully rip apart to sell to my scrap yard.

Of course none of these things would be spoken I'd be more or less creating a ghetto in the woods designed to be super attractive to people withmy areas favorite flavor of addiction. Overtime I could allow them to buy some of the land off of me so they can build whatever they want to on it and increase their value. (Easily available money + valuation = less stress = they eventually quit doing drugs)

I can design this place to be a gated community so that I can present it to the police (while they're off duty and not in uniform) as a jail for meth heads that they check themselves into, can check out at any time, yet never choose to leave because they like it there so much.

I feel like this is very much illegal but not because of what it actually is more so as what the underlying intention is. Surely there's a way I can stay on the right side of the law and this one. What would I need hold-harmless agreements? Less direct advertising?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Pirate Radar posted:

I think he’s forgetting that tweakers don’t have money, and also produce nothing of value

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
If methed out tweakers are known for anything it's following the sign up schedule, you put it on a clipboard and they become as docile as lapdogs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

A tweaker 100% wrote this.

Also there are like 1 billion various laws that prevent this which everyone but a tweaker would know instantly.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

his whole plan hinges on tweakers being motivated, honest, productive self-starters lmao. hmmmmm what prevents this concept from existing?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It takes one undercover cop to walk in, walk out and then arrest him so he should totally do it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

his whole plan hinges on tweakers being motivated, honest, productive self-starters lmao. hmmmmm what prevents this concept from existing?

Setting up a workshop full of tools so people can work for a wage and buy steady amounts of addictive drugs over time and not, y’know, steal all the tools and sell them to buy a bunch of drugs right now because they’re suffering from a disease that impairs their ability to think long-term

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also the idea that you can just rent a shack to random people and get around the rules by just saying they can't rent the same place on consecutive nights.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Barudak posted:

Adultery is like groverhaus, it takes a lot of focused hosed up effort to make and when it finally comes time to sell youll find out your taking a loss.

"What do you mean it was an accident? You just tripped and fell on to some load-bearing guy balls?"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I also love the idea that they’d sell the idea to the cops as “well, all the meth heads are here in one place and not bothering anyone else” but have apparently failed to consider what they’ll do when the obvious thing happens and people start cooking meth in their little meth shacks

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh yeah, the unlicensed meth colony is good, too. Like did he just watch the New Hamsterdam plot from The Wire and think "heyyyyyyy"

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

I also love the idea that they’d sell the idea to the cops as “well, all the meth heads are here in one place and not bothering anyone else” but have apparently failed to consider what they’ll do when the obvious thing happens and people start cooking meth in their little meth shacks

Or the totally legit chop shop. Yes. The meth heads are only going to bring cars that they legally hold title to for conversion to ready cash.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
loads are stored in the bladder. pee is stored in the balls.

FilthyImp posted:

Oh yeah, the unlicensed meth colony is good, too. Like did he just watch New Hampshire

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Same energy as heelys for dogs, except the misery would be highly locally concentrated instead of spread to a world full of poor unsuspecting animals

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

Are you trying to tell me that other "legal chop shops" don't have bulk drums of chemicals sitting around? Or kitchen stoves?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Dear Prudence,

quote:

I am a man in his 50s, married to my second wife for 16 years. Our sex life has clearly diminished over the course of the years—with quick, routine sex before sleep at best every two to three months or so. As a result I have focused my sexual energy (which I definitely still have) toward erotic fantasies about my wife. I envision her in all sort of wild, tabooless sex with strangers and friends alike.

As I possess some pretty decent Photoshop skills, I have started to visualize these fantasies in very convincing fake pictures—of a high quality, almost arty level (at least, so I like to flatter myself thinking). I have kept these pictures strictly for myself, occasionally masturbating to them, although I find the real thrill in making up and realizing the erotic scenes. It’s simply a nonharmful way to channel my sexual energy. Regrettably, my wife has run into the pictures, and she is disgusted by them, although I have ensured her they are only for myself and I have no desire whatsoever to see any of these fantasies actually come true. Am I really doing such a horrendous thing? I am not the cheating kind, I would never leave my wife, and the only thing I afford myself—just to keep my libido satisfied—is creating these erotic visuals. Should I give up my secret “hobby”?

—I’m Not a Creep

There are two very different questions here, although you are only asking one: Should you give up your secret “hobby”? Absolutely. They may be Photoshopped, but they are recognizable images of your wife, and she is deeply, deeply opposed to them. Delete them, empty your trash, apologize.

I know that you have said you will never leave your wife, but you need to be asking yourself about the way forward. Sexual incompatibility is a big deal, and it can really eat away at intimacy if you let it. Are you able to cope with your conflicting libidos without these images? Can you share your fantasies with her? Would she be OK if you masturbated next to her? This discovery has created a logical moment in your marriage for you to put everything on the table. She may also be discontented with your sex life, and I have hopes that eventually you may be able to come a little closer together (pun very much not intended).

Keep in mind that she is still recovering from what she found, which must have been an extreme shock. She likely is creeped out and needs a little time. Maybe it might be wise to say, “I’ve deleted all the pictures. You are welcome to look. Can we have a talk about our sex lives in a month? I’m so, so sorry to have upset you in this way, and I recognize that I should not have done what I did.” You’re in the doghouse now, but, if or when things are back to normal, don’t let them go back into stasis.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Lucrece posted:

AITA for teasing a friend who brought chicken salad to Friendsgiving.

This person should be tied down and forced to watch the Charlie brown special where he serves popcorn and toast for Thanksgiving on loop.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Dear Care and Feeding,

quote:

I’m a woman in my late 20s, and my husband, who’s in his early 30s, is scheduled to get a vasectomy within the next month or so. Excited about this decision, I asked if we could do a “We’re not expecting” photo shoot after his procedure. Like the compassionate sweetheart he is, he said he liked the idea, but wanted to be sensitive to people who physically can’t have children (we have at least one such couple in the family). While I understand and feel the same way, I’d still like to be able to celebrate our decision the way any family might announce a new addition. I also expressed some frustration that, between those who have children and those who can’t, I’m stuck in the middle as someone who made the difficult but very active decision not to procreate, and feel pressure to just shut up about it. I obviously don’t want to push my husband to participate in a photo shoot he doesn’t want to, and it’s not really about that—it’s about feeling free to celebrate a milestone in our life. Am I being insensitive and selfish? Should I just be quietly happy and watch everyone else make their big announcements?

—Happily Kid Free

“my announcement that I’m not having kids is just as important:qq:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I'm having trouble thinking of sterilization as a milestone in life.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Puppy Time posted:

I'm having trouble thinking of sterilization as a milestone in life.

it was my 40th birthday present to myself

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pirate Radar posted:

i call it Hamsterdam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The only two comments from tweaker town poster

quote:

Tweeker are just going to be the first tier consumers, later on after they make me my money back with the things they build, I was thinking about incorporating green energy, vertical / hydroponic farming, water purification, and a free campground. I'd advertise present that to the police and the Republican Party a way to entice in and voluntarily contain our socialist problem in a place they will be happy while simultaneously keeping all of the money they make for us after all their socialist they don't want money anyway.

quote:

We're not dealing with junkies here we're dealing with tweakers. The mess they make mainly comes from the projects to do which would be handled in the workshop. Pretty much all the ones I know feel like the government should assign you a storage unit at Birth so it shouldn't be too hard to convince them to put their stuff they don't need for day-to-day use in a storage unit.

As for anything they carry on them the ocd-like side effects of the drug their own should keep that very neatly contained.