Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Listen, I know I mentioned oil, but I am not inhaling Musk musk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

a mysterious cloak posted:

I'm either working in a pediatric craniofacial surgery unit, or I've discovered an evil wizard's lair or witch's coven. All possibilities are cool.

Draw mustaches on them.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
No, but they absolutely all need tiny santa hats

it's the holidays, gosh darnit

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

The fact that they're not wearing Santa hats is proof the war on Christmas is real. Furthermore,

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

No, but they absolutely all need tiny santa hats

it's the holidays, gosh darnit

When will the War On Christmas end?

smdh...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

When will the War On Christmas end?

smdh...

If they’re drafting War on Christmas soldiers into the Skeleton War then I’m afraid the answer is: never

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Draw mustaches on them.

Put googly eyes on all of them

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What's with the Last Airbender kid on the bottom left?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
All I can picture regarding like 2/3rds of those skulls is

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Solice Kirsk posted:

What's with the Last Airbender kid on the bottom left?

He's got a lazy skull. I don't recall the name of that one - I'll check it out on Monday when I'm back with the skull babies.

E: I'll take requests to tape a mustache or monocle or something to a couple of them!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Not really requesting anything for the lower right one, other than to note that his plans are coming together despite massive skull trauma

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CJacobs posted:

All I can picture regarding like 2/3rds of those skulls is

That poo poo looks weirder pre-skull, sorta a failure of a meme

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
It’s really weird to me that you can tell those are children, I used to think when human remains were discovered that they identified children only by size and not by their features.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For sale: Child skull, lightly used

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

(graphic still images behind link) Documentary film of woman drilling hole in her head not actually lost media, as previously thought

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

If you click through the woman's history is pretty insane as well.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Please don’t dox Pick

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Can I ask for an artificial daisy in the top of second row, leftmost?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

that’s a good idea; I also like that skull’s :unsmith: energy

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Man, no wonder she can't even spell her own name right.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It might be a print out of a daisy, but yep!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

8 Ball posted:

It’s really weird to me that you can tell those are children, I used to think when human remains were discovered that they identified children only by size and not by their features.

Juvenile mammal skulls look really different from adults, our eyes are gigantic and our mouths are small. Other animals its a bit harder to spot a baby right off.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

8 Ball posted:

On behalf of all humans, welcome to our planet.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There’s medieval art that shows kids (especially Jesus) as just miniature adults and they look weird as gently caress.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There’s medieval art that shows kids (especially Jesus) as just miniature adults and they look weird as gently caress.

Part of this was a conscious style decision, iirc from my art history classes. Something to do with intentionally not depicting humans entirely realistically, because that’s god’s turf, and you can’t try to beat him at his own game. You’ll also find a lot of fingers with extra knuckle joints if you look closely at art from the time period

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Proof of melonheads!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

You’ll also find a lot of fingers with extra knuckle joints if you look closely at art from the time period

Now that seems specifically like beating God at his own game

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Part of this was a conscious style decision, iirc from my art history classes. Something to do with intentionally not depicting humans entirely realistically, because that’s god’s turf, and you can’t try to beat him at his own game. You’ll also find a lot of fingers with extra knuckle joints if you look closely at art from the time period

This should have been my excuse when my art teacher told me I sucked

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Rich kids playing with drugs and woo, so what

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

Please don’t dox Pick

Ancient history.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CJacobs posted:

For sale: Child skull, slightly fused

There we go.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I visited a Byzantine art exhibit and, uh, yeah, here's balding middle aged baby Jesus being clutched by Mary and they're both Avatar-blue. Have some gilt.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RNG posted:

I visited a Byzantine art exhibit and, uh, yeah, here's balding middle aged baby Jesus being clutched by Mary and they're both Avatar-blue. Have some gilt.

Religion is loaded with gilt

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Pick posted:

That's not actually what happens in investigations of this nature; it's the fact that people think it is that also plays a huge role, so be careful what you parrot.

Um, it's happened plenty of times? Sex workers have talked about this as an issue, Pick. I'm not parroting it as some 'perhaps maybe', this is what has happened to my friends who are sex workers. It's not what is supposed to happen, but it does pretty often - that's why sex workers are trying to get the word out.

Be careful who you dismiss just because you're rich and wanna get some 'gotcha' on people.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Dec 1, 2019

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

That's not actually what happens in investigations of this nature; it's the fact that people think it is that also plays a huge role, so be careful what you parrot.

Why dont you explain to us what does happen, then.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

having had this done by a professional, WHY the gently caress would you want to do it yourself? what if you go too far and puncture your brain? you have to push pretty hard to get through the skull.

https://imgur.com/iZAEnQy warning for blood and a tube coming out of my head.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The weird thing is that trepanation is apparently a prehistoric practice.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

It was often also the face of whoever commissioned the piece on Jesus. Generally speaking whoever funded the art ended up in it in some way or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It was often also the face of whoever commissioned the piece on Jesus. Generally speaking whoever funded the art ended up in it in some way or another.

This as well. Though my favorite is when the patron’s enemies are the people in hell in religious art