Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It’s because they all use yahoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Who What Now posted:

Actually it's because the South uses Bing

Let's not say anything we can't take back.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Who What Now posted:

Actually it's because the South uses Bing

Burn it down

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Such Fun posted:

Individually, or all at the same time?
Most easily when all at once, but I can move my ring fingers individually with more effort.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Beachcomber posted:

1. I'm pretty sure the head wouldn't make the bait less effective.

2. Gross.

3. Wtf are they fishing for with that huge hook? Pike?

I imagine it's so the blood spreads in the water? Also for show, I guess.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Seriously, you guys talking about the South using Bing/Yahoo like they know what a computer is...

For real though, why are there just blanks there? I know the tweet is implying 'The South doesn't need to look up recipies' but even if that's true, it only takes one person to search one of those terms for it to be the 'most googled' in the state.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The search has to be correctly spelled for it to count.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lemme just take a screenshot real quick *shoots screen*

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

1. I'm pretty sure the head wouldn't make the bait less effective.

2. Gross.

3. Wtf are they fishing for with that huge hook? Pike?

To be fair, it is slightly less 'inhumane' than throwing it on the hook alive. Plus maybe it's thrash around too much? Without the head the body floating docile might be a nicer target? I've given this way too much thought.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah you have, it's fish AND fetish bait.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ripping the head off gives a better blood trail, which is good if the water is murky. That hook is almost comically oversized though, smaller fish are going to strip that bait pretty quickly.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

slinkimalinki posted:

I recently found out that one of my co- workers sheds her toenails like a cicada skin and i'm super impressed. Like a toenail will fall off and there'll be a new toenail underneath, ready to go.

I had both of my little toenails fall off after doing a 60 mile hike earlier in the year. There was a little nubbin of a toenail underneath them both times. So, the fact that your co-workers has hers just fall off naturally is weird, but it's not weird there's another one underneath.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Tony Snark posted:

Yeah you have, it's fish AND fetish bait.

Somewhere there's a guy parked in his F350 with half a can of dip in his mouth wildly jacking his hog to this gif.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mammal Sauce posted:

Somewhere there's a guy parked in his F350 with half a can of dip in his mouth wildly jacking his hog to this gif.

Is it a feral hog?

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Captain Hygiene posted:

*surreptitiously logs in to NordVPN to avoid losing face while googling mac 'n' cheese*

I mean, Mac and Cheese does require you to make a sauce and (potentially) some baking. I'm more confused by mashed potatoes. You cook a potato and then hit it. The name is the recipe.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Acute Grill posted:

I mean, Mac and Cheese does require you to make a sauce and (potentially) some baking. I'm more confused by mashed potatoes. You cook a potato and then hit it. The name is the recipe.

Usually you add milk or butter or some herbs or salt or something. Plain boiled potatoes alone make for sad mashed potatoes.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is it a feral hog?

30-50 stokes while my... uh, wait.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Memento posted:

but it's not weird there's another one underneath

[citation needed]

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
:nws:
https://gfycat.com/IndelibleImmenseArmyworm

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Acute Grill posted:

I'm more confused by mashed potatoes. You cook a potato and then hit it.

I agree that you're confused by mashed potatoes, but that second sentence is some new kind of sin :ohdear:

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Facebook Aunt posted:

Usually you add milk or butter or some herbs or salt or something. Plain boiled potatoes alone make for sad mashed potatoes.

"Season to taste" is inherent to all cooking and if someone doesn't know that a recipe probably isn't going to help them.

aardwolf posted:

I agree that you're confused by mashed potatoes, but that second sentence is some new kind of sin :ohdear:

Just lol if you don't make mashed potatoes in a punching bag.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I use a centrifuge.

Please help, my family is starving.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Thanksgiving: reducing potatoes to a soup-like homogenate in 30 seconds

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

bike tory posted:

Ripping the head off gives a better blood trail, which is good if the water is murky. That hook is almost comically oversized though, smaller fish are going to strip that bait pretty quickly.

They're probably setting up jug lines for catfish, so they've got about 10 or 20 lines set and some bait loss is expected.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Those aren't catfish hooks, and you wouldn't use giant bait like that for catfish anyway.(from my knowledge and experiences)

The person who said "pike" was probably pretty close. Some sort of large, predatory fish. Because that hook is loving goddamn massive.
Way too big for Big Mouth Bass.

Okay, I forgot about Mississippi river catfish. Those things get bigger than a person

In Conclusion, I don't know what the gently caress I'm talking about.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Knormal posted:

Same with the mac and cheese, what amateurs.

lol if you make box mac and cheese and not from scratch

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Gooooats/status/871752441624219648

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The secret to catching pike is to try and catch any other fish and you'll end up hooking ugly poo poo tasting pike all loving day.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

The secret to catching pike is to try and catch any other fish and you'll end up hooking ugly poo poo tasting pike all loving day.

Also, forget to bring along leather gloves or clippers or anything to get them off the line without chomping your finger

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
If you section up a baitfish the headpiece is the one that comes back unnibbled the most by far.

That hook is a 16-gauge halibut hook, it's way too big for whatever lake she's in.

She did set the hook very well into the the bait though.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Just lol of you don't catch pike in a punching bag.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just lol if your pike doesn't roll around in a wheelchair and communicate through beeps

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just lol if your pike doesn't roll around in a wheelchair and communicate through beeps

:hmmyes:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I prefer my pike grasped by a square of sixty-four large angry Swiss men with red and yellow tights.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Posted unironically to a wildlife photography group I'm in

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Why did they post a photo of Barry Gibb to a wildlife photography group?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Picnic Princess posted:

It looks like grandma the fuckin thing

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Sounds like one of Stanisław Lem's octabods.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Picnic Princess posted:

I know there's something really off about this photo, but I can't place what it is exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Tree Bucket posted:

I know there's something really off about this photo, but I can't place what it is exactly.