Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

gh0stpinballa posted:

probably memory holed but was there any follow up on the british spook who "founded" the "white helmets" and his mysterious death?

I think his wife said she thought it was suicide because he was struggling with PTSD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah that definitely makes it look a bit more like the attacker was still in the middle of attacking someone and was trying to get back up before they shot him. The guy they pull off just looks like a member of the public.

Except there is other footage showing someone already got the knife off him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah that definitely makes it look a bit more like the attacker was still in the middle of attacking someone and was trying to get back up before they shot him. The guy they pull off just looks like a member of the public.

Yes they appeared to be locked in a pavement-wrestle which the cops extricated him from

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

He felt overcome with guilt and Javert-ed himself.

this made me lol on the bus

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Crikey that's some dark poo poo. Certainly looked like an execution of a disarmed stabber but obviously we don't know what's what. If he did have a vest on, some major balls on those guys tackling him

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

OwlFancier posted:

Except there is other footage showing someone already got the knife off him.

The police wouldn't have known he didn't have other weapons on him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the cops only response to one guy trying to fight another guy is to shoot him twice I'm still not sure why we have cops.

Neither did any of the bystanders who wrestled him to the ground but they somehow managed to avoid extrajudicially murdering a dude.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

The guy being pulled off appears to have been "caught" by the attacker - the attacker's legs appear to be wrapped around his legs. In a leg-log basically.

Sort of. I think that might happen during the struggle on the ground but the attacker seems to try to get up in their direction after the guy is pulled away.

I understand peoples disgust at someone being executed but on the other hand if the attacker was a terrorist you can assume he could have another weapon and be suicidal. I think there's gonna be more video to come out after this of the stuff happening before he gets shot. I don't think the police had only just turned up there.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
ahhh stop saying "pull off" I'm trying to take this seriously

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

this made me lol on the bus

he even did the whole song beforehand!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

There’s photos of another knife after he’s been shot. But sure owlfancier lets have some more hot takes lmao

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gun in a sock in a shoebox on a barge 2 miles down the Thames.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

fuf posted:

Sorry. Is "beat off" any better?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuf posted:

they were engaged in a sweaty struggle, two men pushing against each other with high tensions until one of the men, tossed off by a third gentleman, felt it was time to leave in a hurry

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

If the cops only response to one guy trying to fight another guy is to shoot him twice I'm still not sure why we have cops.

Neither did any of the bystanders who wrestled him to the ground but they somehow managed to avoid extrajudicially murdering a dude.

To be honest I'm pretty sure the bystander on top of him was trying to murder him

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

There’s photos of another knife after he’s been shot. But sure owlfancier lets have some more hot takes lmao

my god, he;'s made of knives!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh no the gun toting lunatics might get hurt trying to arrest someone better just murder everyone who could possibly harm a cop.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

To be honest I'm pretty sure the bystander on top of him was trying to murder him

[extremely dommy cummy voice] shoot them both

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Oh no the gun toting lunatics might get hurt trying to arrest someone better just murder everyone who could possibly harm a cop.

Such a bad take ahahaha

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200434865889579008

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Most likely a communication error but initially they claimed they had detained him https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200426882661068801

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

nobody knows anything yet, at least wait a bit before arguing

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

He felt overcome with guilt and Javert-ed himself.

threw himself into a river?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bape Culture posted:

Such a bad take ahahaha

Not sure the geezer who posted

Bape Culture posted:

That poor stabber I hope he’s okay

can really complain about the quality of anyone else's takes.

We live in a liberal democracy with, theoretically at least, the assumption of innocent before trial in the eyes of the law. Which makes suspicion of the police of executing someone entirely justified. Especially with the Met's track record.

Unrelated to bad takes, I put on BBC News when I heard and boy, rolling news when a breaking story happens never stop being loving surreal. It's such a bad idea, half-informed speculation, random bystanders being interviewed on the phone just talking about how they are uploading their video of this bloke lying dead on the ground. Very healthy.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tesseraction posted:

Most likely a communication error but initially they claimed they had detained him https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200426882661068801

Typo, meant to write "de-brained"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

threw himself into a river?

Jumped to his death, yes.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

He was technically detained for two seconds.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

We live in a liberal democracy

no, we live in a society

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

gh0stpinballa posted:

nobody knows anything yet, at least wait a bit

I know to never trust the loving met

tories delenda est

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

Jumped to his death, yes.

when he realised he'd lived his whole life in service of an oppressive imperial state too 🤔🤔🤔

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you wanna suck cop dick you could always join the replies on twitter.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It looks like a straight up US police style execution. Wow.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Sort of looks like the member of the public is trying to pull a bag or something out of his hands, kind of looks like his right hand drops something just as he's shot

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

people already comparing this to jean charles, sorry but that's a terrible comparison. stop your hot takes! cease them!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

If you wanna suck cop dick you could always join the replies on twitter.

Go outside

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kustomkarkommando posted:

Sort of looks like the member of the public is trying to pull a bag or something out of his hands, kind of looks like his right hand drops something just as he's shot

Probably the other knife bape culture mentioned.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Here is something utterly baffling that appears to have happened: Tory candidate gradually defacing his sign over a number of years to get in the news.

https://twitter.com/Rees4Neath/status/1200375089134522368?s=19

I rather fancy the idea of him taking inspiration from Andy Winsor and digging a bigger hole for himself by claiming he has a compulsion that makes him draw swastikas on things. Inviting the media into his swastika covered house for an interview hehehe :newlol:

Pesky Splinter posted:

:lol: If the Libdems manage to completely gently caress themselves this election.

I am enjoying how the lib dems would be doing better if Jo Swinson had said and done nothing instead of things.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh or it could have been a detonator!

quote:

A witness said the man shot by the police could have been wearing an explosive vest.

Speaking to the BBC, Karen Bosch said:

I was on the bus coming southbound over London Bridge we just pulled away from the bus stop when the bus came to a sudden stop, because there were people running across the bridge into the road, sort of looking over their shoulders and filming behind them.

It looked like there was a fight going on ... people tussling with each other. And then you realise it was police wrestling with one tall bearded man.

I had my baby with me, so I moved her behind the stairwell to be safe. Then there was a two shots or two loud pops, I think they were gunshots. And I also saw a spent taser.

And then the guy was lying on the floor. He then pulled his coat back, which showed that he had some sort of vest underneath [I don’t know] whether it was a stab vest or some sort of explosive vest. The police then really quickly moved backwards away.

On the bus we were panicking because we’re at this point, we were almost as close as the police to him. And he was sort of lying there pulling his coat backwards and the police were shouting at him and staying back from him.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

if you don't have a take as hot as THIS then you are a liberal and you take it in all holes from the hogs

https://twitter.com/CrankyOutrider/status/1200429521519939585?s=19

lmao either go big or go home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Reminder that the cops will happily shoot you in the head for crimes such as 'walking into a tube station' and 'being from Brazil'.