Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

There is definately a leap back moment there where the cops suddenly put distance between themselves and dude and the guy in purple scarpers

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

gh0stpinballa posted:

if you don't have a take as hot as THIS then you are a liberal and you take it in all holes from the hogs

https://twitter.com/CrankyOutrider/status/1200429521519939585?s=19

lmao either go big or go home!

Jaysus,

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

u brexit ukip it posted:

Reminder that the cops will happily shoot you in the head for crimes such as 'walking into a tube station' and 'being from Brazil'.

jean charles did nothing wrong. that is a few miles away from "we literally don't know if this guy in 2019 had a knife or a bomb or has killed someone prior to the 30 seconds of footage we have"

we can't lose our heads here

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Well, glad I didn't go that way for a late lunch.

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1200431531036225539?s=19

Don't worry, BoJo is on his way!

Will be interesting to see if the leaders debate tonight now turns into a rousing round of "I thought you supported terrorists Jeremeeee what about are boies"

https://twitter.com/HackBlackburn/status/1200425635895795713?s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Reposting for a new page:

A witness said the man shot by the police could have been wearing an explosive vest.

Speaking to the BBC, Karen Bosch said:

I was on the bus coming southbound over London Bridge we just pulled away from the bus stop when the bus came to a sudden stop, because there were people running across the bridge into the road, sort of looking over their shoulders and filming behind them.

It looked like there was a fight going on ... people tussling with each other. And then you realise it was police wrestling with one tall bearded man.

I had my baby with me, so I moved her behind the stairwell to be safe. Then there was a two shots or two loud pops, I think they were gunshots. And I also saw a spent taser.

And then the guy was lying on the floor. He then pulled his coat back, which showed that he had some sort of vest underneath [I don’t know] whether it was a stab vest or some sort of explosive vest. The police then really quickly moved backwards away.

On the bus we were panicking because we’re at this point, we were almost as close as the police to him. And he was sort of lying there pulling his coat backwards and the police were shouting at him and staying back from him.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

gh0stpinballa posted:

when he realised he'd lived his whole life in service of an oppressive imperial state too 🤔🤔🤔
if only we could all be so bold

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MayorofLondon/status/1200442684298661895

Treating the incident as though its terrorism-related as a precaution doesn't suggest anything suicide-vesty is likely.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

This is what is going to get coverage yes of course so then when it turns out it was his favorite cardigan it's already in the public consciousness that this summary execution was required and just.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

peanut- posted:

https://twitter.com/MayorofLondon/status/1200442684298661895

Treating the incident as terrorism-related as a precaution doesn't suggest anything suicide-vesty is likely.

Eh, even a suicide vest doesn't suggest ideological motive. Could genuinely be a really hosed-up brainsponge.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Reposting for a new page:

A witness said the man shot by the police could have been wearing an explosive vest.
Reminder that the last bridge attackers were wearing fake explosive vests just to try to get that type of response.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Reminder that the last bridge attackers were wearing fake explosive vests just to try to get that type of response.

Yeah that too - the appearance of something that 'looks like' doesn't mean it wasn't intended to look like.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Although I personally like to imagine that previous attackers had the vests but literally couldn't afford the explosives because of our lovely stagnant economy so they had to go out with them empty.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I remember about 10 years ago some bloke tried to rob a cashier in a petrol station near here with a knife. There was an off duty PSNI officer in the place, getting a few groceries I suppose, and he just shot the bloke dead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12366465

The ombudsman said the cop was justified and I remember when the media was reporting the story they always made reference to the shot man being, well, a scumbag.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

yeah it's to encourage the police to shoot them, get martyred, and increase media coverage

entirely situation is bizarre with the guy being held on the ground and an officer holding a tazer next to him

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

hemale in pain posted:

To be honest I'm pretty sure the bystander on top of him was trying to murder him

If a Terri getting froggy starts stabbing people up on London Bridge and my fight or flight kicks in and I end up fighting them, I’m almost certainly murdering him rather than allowing any restraint.

Loads of absolute melts in this thread arm chairing how terrible the police are when in that video it looks like a guy in a balaclava with multiple knives has tried mimicking the machete attack and is getting back up, he’s forgone his right not to get shot. Live by the sword die by the sword.

As for those saying “looks like the police aren’t even needed!”. Yea tell that to the dead and wounded from today and 03/06/17

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The suspect had multiple packs of sausages strapped to his chest. We had no choice.
_________________________/

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah that too - the appearance of something that 'looks like' doesn't mean it wasn't intended to look like.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
a vest that puts up a flag with the word "bang" on it when you pull the cord

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

gh0stpinballa posted:

jean charles did nothing wrong. that is a few miles away from "we literally don't know if this guy in 2019 had a knife or a bomb or has killed someone prior to the 30 seconds of footage we have"

we can't lose our heads here

Yeah there is a massive difference in context between "shooting someone who jumped a ticket barrier" and "shooting someone who has just stabbed five people".

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hahahaha

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Tesseraction posted:

Oh or it could have been a detonator!

If there is any truth that the guy started to motion that he had explosives on him or something, then that really does change the situation pretty drastically.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

this tweet seems comically casual out of context

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200443084124884992

bah it double-tweets, I mean the bottom one

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

sebzilla posted:

The suspect had multiple packs of sausages strapped to his chest. We had no choice.
_________________________/

new footage seems to suggest incident was instigated by police

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

No it's fine you see Johnson will suspend all general election campaigning until *checks notes* the 12th of December. So he doesn't have to do any interviews at all!

The :tinfoil: est take

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

willie_dee posted:

If a Terri getting froggy starts stabbing people up on London Bridge and my fight or flight kicks in and I end up fighting them, I’m almost certainly murdering him rather than allowing any restraint.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

crispix posted:

I remember about 10 years ago some bloke tried to rob a cashier in a petrol station near here with a knife. There was an off duty PSNI officer in the place, getting a few groceries I suppose, and he just shot the bloke dead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12366465

The ombudsman said the cop was justified and I remember when the media was reporting the story they always made reference to the shot man being, well, a scumbag.

quote:

AN off-duty policeman shouted a warning before shooting a criminal who had just robbed a petrol station, an inquest was told on Monday.

He said: “Drop the knife or I’ll shoot”, coroner John Leckey heard.

The DVD recording showed Mr Ringland, who had a lengthy criminal record with 133 convictions including for robbery, flash a knife at a shop assistant before helping himself to cash scumbag.

The guy threatened to stab some poor shop assistant, probably mentally scarring them for the rest of their life. He is a scum bag. Hopefully the left will start winning some ground soon and people won’t be put in positions where they feel they need to be scumbags.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

lmao, if the Tories get back in they'll cut the BBC some more in revenge

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

willie_dee posted:

Loads of absolute melts in this thread arm chairing how terrible the police are when in that video it looks like a guy in a balaclava with multiple knives has tried mimicking the machete attack and is getting back up, he’s forgone his right not to get shot. Live by the sword die by the sword.

As for those saying “looks like the police aren’t even needed!”. Yea tell that to the dead and wounded from today and 03/06/17

Weird to just copy/paste Daily Mail comment sections posts into this thread but okay champ.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWIOKKuyGE

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Lightningproof posted:

Weird to just copy/paste Daily Mail comment sections posts into this thread but okay champ.

Gotta get discussion flowing some how. At the moment it’s pure speculation based on some snap chat videos.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

willie_dee posted:

The guy threatened to stab some poor shop assistant, probably mentally scarring them for the rest of their life. He is a scum bag. Hopefully the left will start winning some ground soon and people won’t be put in positions where they feel they need to be scumbags.

I'm not debating the point that he was in fact an enormous scumbag - he was notorious in part of town for being so. It's just the point at which it is acceptable to shoot a person dead that I'm interested in, however enormous a scumbag they may be.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

crispix posted:

I'm not debating the point that he was in fact an enormous scumbag - he was notorious in part of town for being so. It's just the point at which it is acceptable to shoot a person dead that I'm interested in, however enormous a scumbag they may be.

Pissflaps isn't coming back, accept it and move on.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

crispix posted:

When they are a threat.

Which comes back to the old hitting moped criminals with cars argument I got rinsed for in here last time.

If the cop hadn’t of engaged the criminal would have gotten away and no one would of got hurt, so by confronting him in an attempt to arrest him the cop created the threat in a way. But capitulating to criminals and allowing them to commit crime so they don’t get hurt seems like a fairly terrible way to uphold the law.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Quotey posted:

new footage seems to suggest incident was instigated by police

Pikachu fainted!
No more Pokémon!
Red shot dead while fleeing to the Pokémon center!
Inquest clears PokéConstable of wrongdoing!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

willie_dee posted:

I forgot that we'd brought the death penalty back for "being a scum bag".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

willie_dee posted:

When they are a threat.

Which comes back to the old hitting moped criminals with cars argument I got rinsed for in here last time.

If the cop hadn’t of engaged the criminal would have gotten away and no one would of got hurt, so by confronting him in an attempt to arrest him the cop created the threat in a way. But capitulating to criminals and allowing them to commit crime so they don’t get hurt seems like a fairly terrible way to uphold the law.

If your cops have only two settings which is ignore people or murder them, perhaps your concept of justice needs looking into.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah there is a massive difference in context between "shooting someone who jumped a ticket barrier" and "shooting someone who has just stabbed five people".

Wtf dude?
He never jumped the barrier, that was the plain clothes policemen who chased him down and shot him for having brown skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

forkboy84 posted:

I forgot that we'd brought the death penalty back for "being a scum bag".

Bad new for Boris.