Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018
I'm glad CInotG is not cutting any corner on another round of refactoring the spaceships to keep the fidelity from this very useful and anticipated new feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019

Tippis posted:

jennison_letter.txt

(For any new people who haven't seen it, google it — it will explain 90% of what's going wrong at CI¬G).

oh boy I forgot about this.

Forget about art, the situation would be worse on everything else. How messy is the gameplay code now.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

MedicineHut posted:

Jump points done right! NSFW

https://kapwi.ng/c/GXaYmwBo

Post of 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys does this look familiar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l73nvWCXzQE

lmao

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quick! Someone give Rexzilla some money!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Yes, but AFF has gameplay.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

echothreealpha posted:

Think it would hard for them to get anyone notable, when they are working with a vision that is close to impossible with the computation, bandwith, power that we have.

Cloud Imperium Games - Engineering Offers

Lead Gameplay Programmer - Frankfurt, Germany

Senior Gameplay Engineer - Los Angeles, CA
Senior Gameplay Engineer - Austin, TX
Senior Gameplay Programmer - Wilmslow / Derby , UK

Gameplay Engineer - Los Angeles, CA
Gameplay Engineer - Austin, TX
Gameplay Programmer - Frankfurt, Germany

Junior Gameplay Programmer - Wilmslow / Derby , UK

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

What is the difference, if any, between a Gameplay 'Programmer' and Gameplay 'Engineer'?

What functions differentiate them?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Golli posted:

What is the difference, if any, between a Gameplay 'Programmer' and Gameplay 'Engineer'?

One has to first build his own tools, the others don't.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Golli posted:

The early days of course. DUH

Clearly you don't understand game development.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Golli posted:

The Gameplay Engineer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within the Lumberyard.

The Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within the Lumberyard Engine.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Can one imagine how hosed the HR department is on this debacle?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

One of them will work at a literal lumber yard.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

At a guess engineer would be closer to a designer while a programmer would be more focused on scripting and coding ingame systems?

That's assuming there is any logic to it at all. (there's not)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can one imagine how hosed the HR department is on this debacle?

https://twitter.com/Lukas_Genever/status/1130388710439170048
https://twitter.com/Lukas_Genever/status/1184049677404114944
https://twitter.com/Lukas_Genever/status/1184455637998166016

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Today is Aegis day, and the main sub is alive with happy posters proclaiming that they have just finished dropping 1k, 2k, or even 5k on a brand new spaceship jpeg that didn't even get a cameo in this year's announcements. Why? Well, because it's their dream, of course! Why did they post about it, though? Well obviously, the only thing you're really buying at this point is status among the community. Got to reap the rewards as soon as possible!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e3ey9w/star_citizen_iae_2949_aegis/f92lpox/?st=k3knb9uy&sh=670fd6d7
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e3k0js/ha/?st=k3knashz&sh=ea897060
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e3k96i/i_just_won_an_idrisp_moron_of_the_year_award_and/?st=k3knap5i&sh=9ef63f25
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e3kdeu/fyi_idris_warbond_stabilized_and_is_still/?st=k3knan1w&sh=e95fea76
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e3kdr2/ani_sale_was_a_success/?st=k3knalq5&sh=c7e88470
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e3f4j4/how_is_it_humanly_possible_that_idris_went_out_of/?st=k3kn9myd&sh=89de6753
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/e3gxkp/idris_not_showing_up_in_my_standalone_ships_buy/?st=k3knd0du&sh=0d4dc712

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I remember when I was “lucky” enough to snag an Idris during one of their livestream things. They’d literally sell out within like 5 seconds of them being put on the store, so everyone was mass f5ing to get them in the cart. I felt so proud to actually get one.

God drat I was an idiot.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Are there not rules about using made up celebrity endorsements in advertising?

As in "not without the persons permission"? I bet CI¬G never asked them for permission.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Warhawk109 posted:

I remember when I was “lucky” enough to snag an Idris during one of their livestream things. They’d literally sell out within like 5 seconds of them being put on the store, so everyone was mass f5ing to get them in the cart. I felt so proud to actually get one.

God drat I was an idiot.

But think about the return on your investment!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I stopped playing Warframe when I hit a bottleneck where I had to create a "lithos relic" or something to proceed. The game technically tells you how to do it but I didn't feel like using my brain for five seconds. Is this a common roadblock in the game?

It prob wanted you to run a Relic mission where you take one of these weird cabbage things to get a Prime item:

These missions have their own tab in your bar on the star chart in the top right. Later on when you get enough Void Traces from running these missions you can "refine" the relics to have a better chance at getting the rare items.

You get these relics as rewards from regular missions, especially "endless" ones like defense and survival. The harder the mission is, the rarer the relic type will be. The most to least common order of relics is Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi. You just need a Lith and they drop from most mission types, if you got to the point where the game wants you to use them, you should deffor have 5 or so. Ask the playerbase if not, they're common as dirt and WF players are pretty chill and helpful.

Good luck Tenno!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SSNeoman posted:

It prob wanted you to run a Relic mission where you take one of these weird cabbage things to get a Prime item:

These missions have their own tab in your bar on the star chart in the top right. Later on when you get enough Void Traces from running these missions you can "refine" the relics to have a better chance at getting the rare items.

You get these relics as rewards from regular missions, especially "endless" ones like defense and survival. The harder the mission is, the rarer the relic type will be. The most to least common order of relics is Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi. You just need a Lith and they drop from most mission types, if you got to the point where the game wants you to use them, you should deffor have 5 or so. Ask the playerbase if not, they're common as dirt and WF players are pretty chill and helpful.

Good luck Tenno!

Look at all this busy work bullshit! Just be a real game and sell a warbond relic package for 220 bucks.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok, that made me go watch the cybertruck unveiling and jesus loving christ none of you better be investing in Tesla because what the gently caress was that demo and why did they get the scrawniest loser to barely swing at the truck.

I haven't seen someone pull a swing that hard since I played baseball when I was 9.

Who the gently caress swings like that? Who can't get some heft to the sledgehammer? You have to prove its a loving tough vehicle!

The answer is because revealing the obvious flaws in their design hurts their market value and that's why Tesla lost almost 1 billion dollars in value after that demo

The Cyber Truck reveal was in classic SC style. Chris Roberts had to be behind the whole thing as an outside consultant.

But I’m kind of in the middle when it comes to Elon Musk. I don’t think he’s a singular genius and the savior of humanity, nor do I think he’s a completely idiotic con man along the lines of Chris Roberts or Elizabeth Holmes.

He is definitely a crazy egotist, but at the end of the day he’s actually a billionaire who has led companies (PayPal, Telsla, SpaceX) to produce real products that were useful and innovative. That puts him in another league from moronic wannabe innovators like Chris.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

trucutru posted:

Look at all this busy work bullshit! Just be a real game and sell a warbond relic package for 220 bucks.

You joke but - they DO sell a lot of the content to let you skip the grindiest things (but not all of them) - and for pennies and dollars, rather than hundreds.
Warframe can be a slog, it can be convoluted and confusing, but is by no means short on actually being fun. Very much a game you get what you want out of - want to meticulously collect and craft? Do it. Wanna be an overpowered space murder magic ninja, and don't want to grind for it? Can do that too.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wow.

I'm guessing these are all sold out now? lol

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

spacetoaster posted:

Wow.

I'm guessing these are all sold out now? lol

:shepspends:

:trustme:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
This game is one of the clearest examples of a mass delusion I’ve ever seen. Really, right up there with cults.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Tippis posted:

jennison_letter.txt

(For any new people who haven't seen it, google it — it will explain 90% of what's going wrong at CI¬G).

Jennison has worked at three different companies (with relatively long tenures) since he left CIG. That alone says a lot about what a joke this whole thing is.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

black friday sale at clown imperium lol

i know the pleasure of hitting that purchase button (i buy too much on ebay and amazon, its a bit of an addiction). but this is really something else.
its completely unbelievable

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Shouldn't this have already gone by him and been approved by him? (There are no good answers to this question)

Also, how is "The Player's POV" something that hasn't been locked down in design docs in the last 8 years?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Shouldn't this have already gone by him and been approved by him? (There are no good answers to this question)

Also, how is "The Player's POV" something that hasn't been locked down in design docs in the last 8 years?

"ABrown.CIG' posted:

I agreed they look excessive on some ships and that there are measures available to reduce reflections that haven’t been enabled on all ships but should be, which surely is taking this in a direction you’d like.

But it’s also a direct request from CR to have the glass be visible so removing it completely isn’t an option I have available, so it’s just a matter of dialling it in to sensible levels.

Ali Brown

CR specifically requested that you be able to "see" the glass in your cockpit. Honest to god I'm guessing someone showed him MWO and he gave a 45 minute speech about how in the original Wing Commander one of the things that bugged him was you couldn't tell there was glass in between you and the space.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

MedicineHut posted:

Jump points done right! NSFW

https://kapwi.ng/c/GXaYmwBo

Oh gosh I didn't have sound on until today. This is amazing.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

whooops

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
why is bluegoblin so upset
he never bought a specific ship it was just a pledge for the whole project
cig always made that crystal clear

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Bumble He posted:

why is bluegoblin so upset

I thought he was more positive....

Has anyone one told him he should be more positive?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DigitalPenny posted:

I thought he was more positive....

Has anyone one told him he should be more positive?

oh yeah it was him who told everyone to shut the gently caress up and be more positive wasn't it

chuckle, chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Only now at the end do you understand BlueGoblin.