Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Unravel Two is amazing for $5....

Anyway, I have Mario + Rabbids Kingdom save data on my Switch from borrowing the physical version. If I buy the $20 Gold version with DLC, is that going to be compatible with my save data?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Astro7x posted:

Unravel Two is amazing for $5....

Anyway, I have Mario + Rabbids Kingdom save data on my Switch from borrowing the physical version. If I buy the $20 Gold version with DLC, is that going to be compatible with my save data?

That's a good question! It all comes down to if the Gold version is the same "image" as what's on the cart and just applies the DLC, or if it's a different file from the base game on the eShop. You might be able to call customer support to get that info.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Katana Zero is cheap and both Grandia games in HD for less than 30 bucks is a drat steal. This eshop sale owns.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Vesperia and Grandia on sale are tempting as hell but I've already played all three and don't have time to play new games let alone replay some, so I'm barely holding myself back.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tempura Wizard posted:

That's a good question! It all comes down to if the Gold version is the same "image" as what's on the cart and just applies the DLC, or if it's a different file from the base game on the eShop. You might be able to call customer support to get that info.

I’ll gladly pay $15 less to just start over again if it doesn’t work... just curious.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Recommendation for a battery case that has a kickstand and allows me to use it while it's charging? This is one of the worst things about the Switch for me.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

How is Spelunky not on the Switch?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t need more reminders of waiting forever for the sequel.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yeah, it’s really weird.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
$39.20 shipped is probably one of the lowest prices we'll see on Link's Awakening, right? It's on Rakuten for that with code BF20.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TraderStav posted:

$39.20 shipped is probably one of the lowest prices we'll see on Link's Awakening, right? It's on Rakuten for that with code BF20.

Yup. That’s a great price.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yup. That’s a great price.

Thanks, gonna have some happy kids this Christmas. Need to get Smash to reasonable price.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

cosmin posted:

I've been neglecting my switch lately as I haven't traveled as much as I've used to and got a new ps4 where I tend to buy the big AAA games (as they're much cheaper there)

My 4 YO son rediscovered it (after playing together with LABO ) and i plan to drop ~10-15 EUR but i need your validation first:

- Overcooked - 66% off - 6.79 EUR - sounds like a fun multiplayer game that I could play with my wife or son (or at least he can watch while I play)
- SkyForce: Reloaded - 50% off - 5 EUR- thread seemed to have fun with it? I kind of suck at reflex games but looks like a good timewaster/4 min game?
- Don't Starve - 70% off - 6 EUR - bought it on Steam, never opened it, but looks fun and seems to have a lot of content?

Or should I drop'em all for Celeste (50% off, 10 EUR)? Already have Hollow Knight (almost finished but not quite) and Shovel Knight (still a lot of content) so I was thinking of picking smth else than a platformer..

edit: my son rediscovered it but I plan to buy the games for myself, he still gets limited screen time and all we usually play together is mario kart

Celeste is by far the best game here.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I just bought Turok 1 and 2 and I have no idea why, my backlog is bigger than that one pigs balls

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TraderStav posted:

Thanks, gonna have some happy kids this Christmas. Need to get Smash to reasonable price.

I doubt Smash will get any discounts that good for awhile. I believe Walmart sells it in-store for $10 off though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dr.acula posted:

I just bought Turok 1 and 2 and I have no idea why, my backlog is bigger than that one pigs balls

I played both on PC and loved each one. However, my N64 nostalgia for them is extremely huge and I’m willing to overlook the warts.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I would pay $60 for a straight port of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 on Switch...not the garbage HD collection...plz...i wanna play Tony Hawk so bad

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Cartoon Man posted:

I played both on PC and loved each one. However, my N64 nostalgia for them is extremely huge and I’m willing to overlook the warts.

If they put out Rage Wars I will lose my mind

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Hat Thoughts posted:

I would pay $60 for a straight port of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 on Switch...not the garbage HD collection...plz...i wanna play Tony Hawk so bad

I would do the same for THPS 4. I played that waaay too much on GameCube.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Hat Thoughts posted:

I would love a port of 1-3, or any one of those would be just fine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ah, my heart aches for it and Spelunky 2.

Someday... Someday :unsmith:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ni No Kuni trip report: I'm liking it so far but I've had two crashes, one with an error code bringing me back to the Home menu and one that stuck between scenes with a black background and music playing that I had to manually turn off on the home menu, just a heads up for anyone who thinks about buying it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I bought star link and I am disappointed in it

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

After Pine disappointed my tits off and I only put 45 minutes in before shelving, I went for Steamworld Heist. I loved SW Dig 1&2 and could not care less about the steam aesthetic or whatever that lumps them together but I figured they made games I liked so I’ll try it. Turns out I liked that too. Is the steamworld card game one any good? It was made by a different studio so I can only assume it is dogshit. Or any other turn based shooters like Heist or Rabbids?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cartoon Man posted:

I found 1 to be pretty enjoyable still even past the nostalgia due to how fast it is. 2 has rad weapons but the map design is a mess.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
they really should have just ported THPS2x from the Xbox to modern systems instead of whatever that mess of an HD version was

give me THPS2x on Switch, Activision

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I have a friend who is still waiting to play the updated version of Spelunky on Xbox One. I'm not holding my breath for any Switch ports.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Cartoon Man posted:

I have to agree with this completely. Owned Turok 1 on N64 and it's the perfect version of that. It's old but I loved replaying it.

Turok 2 I never spent much time with on the 64 and I blasted through it when I got the remaster. Legitimately a great game, my only issue with it is the levels can be a bit too long.

Here's hoping we get a Rage Wars remaster. I loved playing that with my friends.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I have a friend who is still waiting to play the updated version of Spelunky on Xbox One. I'm not holding my breath for any Switch ports.

I wonder why they won't do it. They'd make a ton of money just porting the first game alone. I'm annoyed that the second game will be Playstation console exclusive.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

drunken officeparty posted:

Is the steamworld card game one any good? It was made by a different studio so I can only assume it is dogshit.

It's great and has all the same charm and design, and I believe there a goon who worked on it that hangs around here if that matters. Definitely fun.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder why they won't do it. They'd make a ton of money just porting the first game alone. I'm annoyed that the second game will be Playstation console exclusive.

I got a PS4 pro today so now I have achieved god tier of gaming, a switch a PC and a ps4 for exclusives. No more worries

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

Veronica is the only child character in a JRPG I don't hate. Her not actually being a child probably helps that, but having her be openly contemptuous of the dumb things people say is so refreshing.

I love the two things Veronica realizes right away with her situation:
1. It likely extended her life
2. It lets her get away with being a brat when she feels like it (though this does backfire at points which prevents it from being annoying)

She could easily have become really grating, but the fact she doesn't mope at all about her curse makes her great.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Is Dragonquest 11 S any good?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Spiteski posted:

gently caress yes it is!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Spiteski posted:

Depends really. Do you like old school JRPGs? Because it's one but with a ton of modern polish and quality of life improvements.

The story and characters are pretty light (very much like a fairy tale) but the whole thing is extremely charming.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Erik chills out on my couch and we order pizza and play Smash Ultimate

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spiteski posted:

Very good and you could start the game for free if you download the demo. It's a really long demo so you'll know if you like the game or not and you could continue progress from it into the full game if so.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

2019 is almost over and still no Fight Crab.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spiteski posted:

it's pure comfort food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
DQ11 occupies the same place in my heart as Chrono Trigger does. There are a lot of little things in common, not least of which the Akira Toriyama art, but it also has very similar story beats. They share a lot of their DNA, so to speak. The double and triple techs in the form of Pep Powers, for example. There's a major time travel element.

It combines a little of FF6, too, with their own version of the villain wins at the midpoint and now you're in the World of Ruin. It's intensely nostalgic for 16 bit RPGs in the best way, and the Switch version is the definitive way to play it because you can play 2D mode and make it, from the bottom up, a 16 bit RPG.

It is a long game (I clocked 113 hours with the postgame and I didn't do near everything) and some people say the music sucks, which I disagree with, but the Switch version has the orchestrated soundtrack which is a whole lot better.