Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Danaru posted:

Saying that not wanting your partner to make intimate contact with someone else is a heteronormative boundary is gross as gently caress and lots of LGBTQ people would consider it a boundary :chloe: if you're fine with it great, but the guy in the story for which this is all the context for wasnt okay with it, and it sure as hell isnt just a straight people boundary.

Just piss off with your “gross” and your :chloe:s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Man, I was *wondering* when the people defending Handjob Fiance were gonna log in. Never fear, lads, the white knight brigade is here

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

The cousin does confirm it happened and does seem to understand exactly what it means so I find it unlikely

Plus the person who reported it in the first place obviously thought something was wrong.

There is very little evidence of your idea outside that’s what you personally want to believe

There's very little evidence ether way. I was disagreeing with your positive affirmation that the girlfriend was expressing guilt or whatever because that's not in the story as-written

DamnitGannet posted:

What about the post where the OP sent pictures of her feet to a pervert for some quick cash? Some posters were freaking out about how that was cheating, though personally I would encourage my girlfriend to milk that poo poo as long as she could.

For real those were some hot spicy takes. I really don't think that this thread is representative of what's "normal" in most contexts, much less in relationships lol

Brother Entropy posted:

we can't judge the feet lady one way or the other until we know what steam game she got with the money

It was Disco Elysium which would have justified sending pretty much anything

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Such Fun posted:

I did not gloss over it. I wrote that in this case it was clearly cheating.

My post was aimed at the general discussion of what cheating is.

so where is the boundary in your book? is getting a hanjo fair game, or is it only OK to give but not receive? does it matter whether you/they come?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Man, I was *wondering* when the people defending Handjob Fiance were gonna log in. Never fear, lads, the white knight brigade is here

You're badly misusing that term fyi

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Such Fun posted:

Not shitposting, I am sincerely surprised that my perspective on boundaries in a relationship is so alien to some people that it baffles them

when you touch a random dick, is it usually intentional or accidental? this may have some bearing on the discussion

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

You're badly misusing that term fyi
Urban Dictionary disagrees!

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TIL goons obsessed with advice columns don't read enough Savage Love

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Straight White Shark posted:

so where is the boundary in your book? is getting a hanjo fair game, or is it only OK to give but not receive? does it matter whether you/they come?

I’ve said it three times already, but once more I guess: boundaries are what is agreed upon in a relationship. There is no inherent boundary. I myself would never limit my partner on any form of dick-touching they would desire.

Sagebrush posted:

when you touch a random dick, is it usually intentional or accidental? this may have some bearing on the discussion

Any and all dicks are touched deliberately, and exquisitely.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Such Fun posted:

I’ve said it three times already, but once more I guess: boundaries are what is agreed upon in a relationship. There is no inherent boundary. I myself would never limit my partner on any form of dick-touching they would desire.

So then why did you bring it up in the context of a story where it very obviously broke a boundary in the relationship, and how is this very normal boundary "heteronormative" in your eyes

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I've been with my partner for years now and the only rule is that we both need to jack off as many strange dicks as possible.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

It was Disco Elysium which would have justified sending pretty much anything

The story said a 13 dollar game, so it couldn’t have been DE. :colbert:

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Danaru posted:

So then why did you bring it up in the context of a story where it very obviously broke a boundary in the relationship, and how is this very normal boundary "heteronormative" in your eyes

I brought it up in the broader discussion that was already going on about what cheating is.

Danaru posted:

very normal boundary

Might wanna think this bit over a bit.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
There is nothing hetero about "don't sex touch other people who aren't us when we are in a relationship". The only one drawing strict normative lines here is the couple palookas claiming the entire LGB+ universe is on their frequency.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"You wanted to see me chief?"
"Internal Affairs said you got jealous your boyfriend jerked off a stranger."
"Yeah, what of it?"
"Damnit you're a loose cannon. You broke the first rule of Gay Squad. Hand in your badge, you're off the force."

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Urban Dictionary disagrees!

Well then you're badly misinterpreting what's going on in this thread

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Such Fun posted:

There are certainly inherent boundaries in monogamy. Not every relationship has to be monogamous, and if your open relationship works for you that's fine, but it's more than a bit silly to act incredulous that other people actually practice monogamy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

Various peoples' posting histories disagree!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Such Fun posted:

Might wanna think this bit over a bit.

Like seriously if it's not a boundary for you that's great, but acting like it's not a common boundary for people of all sexualities is weird as hell, and saying monogamy is heteronormative is literally a stereotype used against LGBTQ people all the time.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Grape posted:

There is nothing hetero about "don't sex touch other people who aren't us when we are in a relationship". The only one drawing strict normative lines here is the couple palookas claiming the entire LGB+ universe is on their frequency.

Counter argument: there is absolutely something hetero about having a light dick fondling as a relationship breaker.

I mean, why should it be?
It is clearly a patriarchal norm. And when your relationship is outside of the patriarchy, as gay relationships mostly are, you are free of this norm. And what would this norm really add to a relationship? What is the value of not-touching random dicks between two people who share a deeper emotional bond?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Danaru posted:

Like seriously if it's not a boundary for you that's great, but acting like it's not a common boundary for people of all sexualities is weird as hell, and saying monogamy is heteronormative is literally a stereotype used against LGBTQ people all the time.

Imo monogamy is only heteronormative if presented as a case of a partner of one gender owning the other, and honestly that doesn't tend to result in actual... monogamy...

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lmao at "well actually, monogamy is just another form of oppression at the hands of the patriarchy,"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

There are certainly inherent boundaries in monogamy. Not every relationship has to be monogamous, and if your open relationship works for you that's fine, but it's more than a bit silly to act incredulous that other people actually practice monogamy.

Such Fun doesn't seem to be in an open relationship though

People can be in committed relationships to each other while also agreeing that some sexual interactions are okay while others aren't, you don't have to form a polycule or whatever just because you think it's okay for your husband to grope some boobs from time to time.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Various peoples' posting histories disagree!

You might be functionally illiterate lol

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 30, 2019

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

QuarkJets posted:

People can be in committed relationships to each other while also agreeing that some sexual interactions are okay while others aren't, you don't have to form a polycule or whatever just because you think it's okay for your husband to grope some boobs at the strip club.

I would argue that's not an entirely closed relationship. It can be on a spectrum.

Edit: like there's definitely relationships that are emotionally exclusive and with certain sexual contact allowed outside the relationship. Would that not be a form of open relationship? Is there a more preferred term for that?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anyone who wouldn't jerk off a stripper is a homophobe!
:goonsay:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

People can be in committed relationships to each other while also agreeing that some sexual interactions are okay while others aren't, you don't have to form a polycule or whatever just because you think it's okay for your husband to grope some boobs at the strip club.

You can have still define boundaries inside an open relationship. "Hand sex is OK but not penetrative sex" seems a bit arbitrary to me, but it's his relationship and he can do what he wants.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ah, okay, so you're just poo poo-stirring, gotcha.

QuarkJets posted:

Yes, you're very smart :jerkbag: she's still not gonna give you a handy no matter how much you defend her.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

You can have still define boundaries inside an open relationship. "Hand sex is OK but not penetrative sex" seems a bit arbitrary to me, but it's his relationship and he can do what he wants.

You can define boundaries either way but you seem to be suggesting that monogamy-defining boundaries are written in stone like the 10 commandments or something. Clearly different people are going to have different ideas about what those boundaries are. Like, is merely touching someone's genitals "hand sex"? I don't think it is. Or as was brought up earlier, is sending a picture of your feet to someone a non-monogamous act like some people in this thread seemed to conclude that it was? I don't think that should be either, but those other posters clearly do.

QuarkJets posted:

Case in point:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

she's still not gonna give you a handy no matter how much you defend her.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

You can define boundaries either way but you seem to be suggesting that monogamy-defining boundaries are written in stone like the 10 commandments or something. Clearly different people are going to have different ideas about what those boundaries are. Like, is merely touching someone's genitals "hand sex"? I don't think it is. Or as was brought up earlier, is sending a picture of your feet to someone a non-monogamous act like some people in this thread seemed to conclude that it was? I don't think that should be either, but those other posters clearly do.

Case in point:

I'd be really curious what your S/O thinks about this because you have some pretty wild ideas.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ah, okay, so you're just poo poo-stirring, gotcha.

Yes, you're very smart :jerkbag: she's still not gonna give you a handy no matter how much you defend her.

How do you know? She jacked off a stripper and all he did was take off his clothes!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Y’all ever wonder what it’s like being gaslit by a cheating spouse lmao

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Small brain: Monogamy is good
Big brain: Monogamy is good and so is non-monogamy
Galaxy brain: Monogamy is homophobic
Universe brain: Having a closed relationship at all is patriarchal oppression

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

I totally get that these norms exist in society, and that is actually what a norm means; people follow them to fit in society. I certainly don’t judge anybody for doing so. But you don’t have to, you can have different relationship and still be faithfull within the boundaries of that relationship.

Danaru posted:

Who are the kind of people that would use that stereotype against me?
Why should I care what they think?
Why should I try to conform to their norms?
Why should I agree that their stereotype is harmful?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Id like to thank whoever bought such fine their lovely new text

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I'd be really curious what your S/O thinks about this because you have some pretty wild ideas.

We have a common understanding of what monogamous means, thank you for your interest (???). Touching a stripper's dong with 30 other people doing the same doesn't break that trust

That said I have no interest in stroking stripper dong, I don't even want to know where that thing's been

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

You're conflating two different things. You seem to largely be making the argument that the woman in the story was probably just touching a dick for laffs and not seriously engaging in a sexual act, Some Fun is arguing that it doesn't matter how far she might have gone because the idea that orgasms outside of penetrative sex count as sex is heteronormative (???)

It's true that the boundaries are pretty fuzzy but "giving/receiving an orgasm to/from someone else is cheating/non-monogamous behavior" has a broad consensus, and by extension "doing things designed to give/receive an orgasm is cheating/non-monogamous behavior even if you don't go all the way" is also pretty uncontroversial.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Such Fun posted:

Who are the kind of people that would use that stereotype against me?
Why should I care what they think?
Why should I try to conform to their norms?
Why should I agree that their stereotype is harmful?

Google "history of gay marriage" and check out some of the arguments against it because whoops "gays cant be monogamous :biotruths:" has been a big chud talking point for years

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This weird touching a mans dong is great because it makes it sound like it’s almost accidental.

Like she didn’t give him a handjob she just like tripped and it broke her fall

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Okay but did he actually cum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DamnitGannet posted:

Okay but did he actually cum?
What if he came emotionally