Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For November, I, LazyAngel, oath a (heavily kitbashed) Eternal Warden, from AoS

Tester model for my Hallowheart. Mask, right hand and spear shaft are from the Sisters of the Thorn/ Wild Riders kit, but the spear blade is the Warden's original sword blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

Tester model for my Hallowheart. Mask, right hand and spear shaft are from the Sisters of the Thorn/ Wild Riders kit, but the spear blade is the Warden's original sword blade.

Galaspar posted:

For November I, Galaspar, oath 3 Necromunda Orlocks and 2 barricades , all by GW

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of November, these six Scifi-X buildings by TTCombat.

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath a 1/35th Sascha The Welding Girl from Industria Mechanika

I did something super small last month, now I'm gonna do something big! (y'know for a figure scale)

Approved!

Also October's gallery is now up, go and check your stuff is there - https://imgur.com/a/tonsQxI

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 set of 'Wizard's Room' Items

WizKids 'Wizard's Room' full set of items. Claiming You ain't from around here for some idiosyncratic items, probably books...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for November 2019:

Kal Jerico, 28mm from GW

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 set of 'Wizard's Room' Items

WizKids 'Wizard's Room' full set of items. Claiming You ain't from around here for some idiosyncratic items, probably books...

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for November 2019:

Kal Jerico, 28mm from GW

Approved!

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

goddamn doctor changed my meds now my insides feel all scrambled and I can't foscus a poo poo on painting.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for November five Acolyte Hybrids. 28mm scale GW models.
Wasn't able to oath anything last month as I was moving and prepping my house for sale. But fortunately that's more or less finished at this point. I'm painting a ton of Genestealer Cult as a favor for a friend, so hopefully I'll have some additions coming soon!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Kal has decided to change up his style and emulate a certain Demon Hunter for this month's challenge.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Duct Tape posted:

Wasn't able to oath anything last month as I was moving and prepping my house for sale. But fortunately that's more or less finished at this point. I'm painting a ton of Genestealer Cult as a favor for a friend, so hopefully I'll have some additions coming soon!

Approved!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:October judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Galaspar

I like the lens and the goo, and everything is rusty a nasty in a good way.

Second place, 2 points: Zark the Damned

You've got some good color choices on this cult, and the danger stripes are really good looking.

First place, 3 points: KingMob

Clear blue and red, and the skin is looking great on both of them.

Bonus, 1 point: Ugleb

These are some very nicely damaged buildings. The soot marks around the windows are a nice touch.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Galaspar

So you've managed to stick a battle trophy and battle damage in one action-setpiece diorama. The gouge on the drone's armor plating is nicely offset by the peeling-bark feel of that paint job. (...Is the marine trying to tickle the drone? Do I want to know?)

Second Place, 2 points:  Zark the Damned

Bad. rear end. That's these GSC duders. The muted color scheme lends a wonderful sense of grimdark to these models, and the important ones (standard bearer, plasma gunner & leader) either feature bright splashes of contrasting color or impressive freehand to set them apart.

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

These are some impressive hunters, both technically and thematically. The linework and contrasts are very well-defined, but the color palette really sets it off. All of the models seem to be wielding implements made of either driftwood or bits of sea creatures, and it just works. Plus, hey, sea-elf centaurs and fauns.

Bonus Point:  Brock Samsonite

Awesome airplanes. The checks on the Ork wings in particular are pretty terrific. The "battle damage" in the form of exhaust and/or rust really pops at that small scale.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Electric Hobo posted:

Bonus, 1 point: Ugleb

These are some very nicely damaged buildings. The soot marks around the windows are a nice touch.

Cheers!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

These are some impressive hunters, both technically and thematically. The linework and contrasts are very well-defined, but the color palette really sets it off. All of the models seem to be wielding implements made of either driftwood or bits of sea creatures, and it just works. Plus, hey, sea-elf centaurs and fauns.

Thanks! Wanted to avoid just sticking with greens and reds. Either that or I’m continuing my trend of only ever painting blue-centric schemes...

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

OATH COMPLETE... Ish... close enough.

So my plan was for the "You ain't from around here" to take this cheesecaky model and dirty her up. Mad max the poo poo out of her, instead of a War-Boy to make a War-Girl.

My plan to get that nice dusty zinc look was to paint her with a real rosy tone then use white and gray pigments to highten it to that look. Now I've used pigments before but never for this, so I got everything powdery and nice up to where I wanted and then dabbed some Pigment Fixer on and... Oh no... Aww gently caress that's not what I wanted at all! Here's how she looks now:

Totally washed out her face, ran and pooled and overflowed in all the crevices and lines, and even ate down to the bare paint in some areas, leaving spots that look like blisters or pooled paint ontop of the white layer, lost the face detail and... yeah. Kinda heartbreaking.

So yeah, I hosed this one up y'all. But you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. If you decide to not give me credit for the completion I totally understand.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
:catdrugs: OctoberJudgement :catdrugs:

3rd Place (1pts): Zark the Damned

A fantastic mixture of GW parts with crisp lines and a color palette that really works well. These guys look like they mean business!

2nd Place (2pts): Galaspar

I have never seen Foetid Bloat-drone painted like that before. It's like some weird dry-aged wood, mixed with industrial toxic waste. Great paint work that makes Nurgle's gift stand out in a unique way.

1st Place (3pts): LazyAngel

Hot drat do these guys look good. Everything from the details on the bases to the wispy hair and subtle gradients on the scale armor. Top notch!

Bonus (1pts): Ugleb

I keep giving you these bonus points, cause you keep painting these awesome pieces. Not only do these look great, but they also look like fantastic terrain for gaming.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Complete!
Feels good to be back into the swing of things after having missed painting all of last month.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Duct Tape posted:

Bonus (1pts): Ugleb

I keep giving you these bonus points, cause you keep painting these awesome pieces. Not only do these look great, but they also look like fantastic terrain for gaming.

:3:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

Finished this guy up and managed to get some pictures before the family gathering:

I am claiming You ain't from around here, as this guys color scheme is inspired by another universe.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath complete!

After 2 and a bit months of terrain, I'm itching to paint a mini!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete!

Potato pics again; didn't have time/light for the full lightbox, but managed to grab just about enough sunlight.

Claiming the Daily Double - May's A smooth start for the cloak blend, and August's Roll your own - the right hand, spear shaft and face/mask all come from the Wild Riders kit, but the body, left arm, right upper arm and spear blade come from the Eternal Guard kit.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
gameraMan November Oath Complete!

One set of Wizard's Room Items:

Did not complete the monthly challenge, couldn't get inspired on that front... Sorry lousy picture, I have to come up with a better setup...

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For the you're not from round here challenge, I've riffed on a couple of legendary British graffiti slogans, "who put bella in the wych elm" and "M. Kahn is bent"

(EDIT: added clearer photos)

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 1, 2019

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, November is over. Onwards to December!

quote:

December - Through thick and thin
Thick - Your model should feature heavy texture, such as fur, hair or chainmail.
Thin - Your model should feature fake texture, such as painted on wood grain, stone or marble.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for December:

Baron Zemo, Red Skull, MODOK, Captain Marvel and Doctor Octopus from AMG, 40mm(?).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for December 2019:

3 Owlbears (28mm by Reaper, Oathsworn and WizKids)
3 Warbear Riders (28mm by Dead Earth Games)

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for December:

CSU and Oznat, both 28mm from Corvus Belli.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint the following models:

Clone Captain Rex (far left)
A squad of Phase I clones (everyone else)

All for Star Wars Legion, by Fantasy Flight.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Bones Griffin for December

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For December I. Galaspar, oath 5 Necromunda Corpse Grinders by GW

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

And with that, wave one is complete.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of December, 14 Yindij Dreadball players by Mantic Games.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, hereby Oath for the month of December: 1 Werebear by Reaper Bones.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath for December 1 Frost Giant for December!

Reaper Bones mini. I can't find the thing right now that sticks out of the front of his helmet, so I might replace with some green stuff art.

Oh and going for Through think and thin for his heavy fur cloak!

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 12, 2019

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath 5 models of the Borg Squad from Postindustrial Game's Human Interface

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, Oath 5 models of the Borg Squad from Postindustrial Game's Human Interface

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath for December 1 Frost Giant for December!

Reaper Bones mini. I can't find the thing right now that sticks out of the front of his helmet, so I might replace with some green stuff art.

Oh and going for Through think and thin for his heavy fur cloak!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I, Grizzled Patriarch, hereby Oath for the month of December: 1 Werebear by Reaper Bones.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of December, 14 Yindij Dreadball players by Mantic Games.

Galaspar posted:

For December I. Galaspar, oath 5 Necromunda Corpse Grinders by GW

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Bones Griffin for December

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint the following models:

Clone Captain Rex (far left)
A squad of Phase I clones (everyone else)

All for Star Wars Legion, by Fantasy Flight.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for December:

CSU and Oznat, both 28mm from Corvus Belli.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for December:

Baron Zemo, Red Skull, MODOK, Captain Marvel and Doctor Octopus from AMG, 40mm(?).

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for December 2019:

3 Owlbears (28mm by Reaper, Oathsworn and WizKids)
3 Warbear Riders (28mm by Dead Earth Games)

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

November's gallery is now up - https://imgur.com/a/GsfnzvF - go check your stuff is there! Sorry for the delay, December has been a bit busy for me especially as Work keeps messing around with my holiday days...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Zark the Damned posted:

November's gallery is now up - https://imgur.com/a/GsfnzvF - go check your stuff is there! Sorry for the delay, December has been a bit busy for me especially as Work keeps messing around with my holiday days...

I was about to say mine is missing, then realised I never tagged it. Fail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for December... a tree!

TBH, it's a base for a GW Phoenix that I've gone *way* overboard on, but it's still mostly a tree.