Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Charles Bukowski posted:

How are they gonna work?
Minions now drop xp globes that you have to pick up. So you can't passively soak XP from a bush or behind your walls, you have to actually go out into the lane and fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Exp globes are a blizzard insider’s way of killing the game to support hong kong

Believe the plan, trust B anonymous, get hosed Abathur

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I think they just pop out of minions then you pick them up.

Seems like it will gently caress aba which will be nice for quick match

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Here's a question, do the xp orbs pop out whether or not a hero is nearby? Because if so, it'd be fairly simple for Abathur to pop a hat on a lane to vacuum up orbs that would otherwise be missed.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Shadowlyger posted:

Here's a question, do the xp orbs pop out whether or not a hero is nearby? Because if so, it'd be fairly simple for Abathur to pop a hat on a lane to vacuum up orbs that would otherwise be missed.
Yes, but the globes only last for six seconds and they move a bit slow.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Im_Special posted:

It's cool some of you are so passionate about the Hong Kong thing, more power to you, but you accomplish literally nothing by your repeat posting of memes and such here on the SA forums, what have you done outside these forums in protest of China?

Curious, did you delete your Blizzard accounts Moola & Bogart? Why not show us all how serious you are with a picture of said deleted account, email confirmation, etc. Telling others to do so is easy, but tells Blizzard nothing. Kinda hard to take you guys seriously when you can't put your money where your mouth is.

I mean I could take a picture of the email confirming my account deletion, but it doesnt reference any personal information from me because the whole point of account deletion is to totally remove all of my information and data from their servers.

I've also tried to raise awareness on my social media (not linking that here for obvious reasons)

Also go gently caress yourself lol

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Moola posted:

I mean I could take a picture of the email confirming my account deletion, but it doesnt reference any personal information from me because the whole point of account deletion is to totally remove all of my information and data from their servers.

I've also tried to raise awareness on my social media (not linking that here for obvious reasons)

All talk no action, got it. lmao

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes, but the globes only last for six seconds and they move a bit slow.

my whole 'leave two vikings in a bush' strat is ruined now :saddowns:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Im_Special posted:

All talk no action, got it. lmao

Youre a huge piece of poo poo lmao

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I got a message from the CCP after my latest game saying Hong Kong is free now guys. We did it

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

cmdrk posted:

my whole 'leave two vikings in a bush' strat is ruined now :saddowns:
Worse: The globes will not move towards you at all if you're in a bush or stealthed. Unless a minion dies within melee range of a bush or your wall you will not be able to get xp without showing on the minimap.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

This globe thing seems unnecessary?.??

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

Worse: The globes will not move towards you at all if you're in a bush or stealthed. Unless a minion dies within melee range of a bush or your wall you will not be able to get xp without showing on the minimap.
Globes provide vision too? Or an you sneak out and Hoover them up while no minions around?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

so my game crashed and I of course couldn't rejoin the game and was put in the leavers queue. The leavers queue where you now apparently have to WIN a game to get out of it? I'm on my fourth straight loss with the dregs of the matchmaking system. I'm happy to lose games until Hong Kong is free of course, but this is getting ridiculous.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Paranoid Peanut posted:

i think it's a "nexus anomaly" thing? like they're gonna do rando poo poo to mix things up? i think

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Moola posted:

WOuld you shut the gently caress up we got it, go jerk off or somethhing and put that on your social media.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

doverhog posted:

WOuld you shut the gently caress up we got it, go jerk off or somethhing and put that on your social media.

No, I dont think I will

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Why no go attack/harrass/poo poo on Activision Blizzard/China instead of fellow goons? We are not your enemy.

Try here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Moola posted:

No, I dont think I will

Ok dude, remember to brag about it on your social media

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Fighting is for the Nexus.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

1v1 in the nexus..

.......b1tch

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why is the Hong Kong protesting so high profile compared to the massive protesting in south and Central America and the Middle East. Is it because those protests are against governments we're nominally friendly with?

Since this is apparently not a game thread snymkre

Also exp gloves sounds like an awful idea. Just bring back tower ammo you cowards

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Just bring back tower ammo you cowards

They actually tried doing this, and it was garbage and everyone hated it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Why is the Hong Kong protesting so high profile compared to the massive protesting in south and Central America and the Middle East. Is it because those protests are against governments we're nominally friendly with?

Since this is apparently not a game thread snymkre

Also exp gloves sounds like an awful idea. Just bring back tower ammo you cowards

Because it in some small manner impacted Gamers

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
What I don't get is why people are making a deal about it in the Heroes of the Storm thread.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Does deathwings unstoppable thing prevent him from being thrown by Garrosh?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yes.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

It also blocks Zagara's Devouring Maw, which usually ignores Unstoppable.

Fun fact, it also stops him from getting dizzy if you spin him on the shop page.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
By playing this game you're:

Supporting the snuffing of human rights

Playing a lovely dead game

LOL.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Hello friends. While I understand people have strong opinions whether or not playing a video game is Good Revolutionary Praxis, I would very much appreciate it if this thread about this video game could continue to be used to discuss that video game by people who play that video game.

I am not putting the kibosh on mentioning Blizzard showing their rear end about HK and if you wish to announce that you have quit forever because Blizzard is bad and the game is bad you may do this thing with my blessing. What you may not do is hover over the thread with your finger on the post button ready to repeatedly shout down everyone who is not immediately on board with your vision of either activism/nihilism. Spamming the thread with pissy one-liners isn't going to change anyone's mind, it's just shitposting at that point.

Thank you for your understanding.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So wait xp from mobs is like Butcher meat now that you have to run and pick up?

Garrosh stock rising.....

But really this seems super dumb. Like I guess I'll throw away a massive chunk of my health to soak xp every wave dumb.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Seems like you’ll want to just let the waves crash on your own tower.

Self heal mêlée maybe buffer now

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Shadowlyger posted:

They actually tried doing this, and it was garbage and everyone hated it.

Which update did they re-add Tower Ammo? Or are you referencing their "internal builds" that have never gotten genuine community feedback, only feedback from their internal testers?

Paranoid Peanut posted:

In theory, yes.

In practice, it will teach people XP soaking ranges and give better feedback for XP soaking.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Do the globes just fly to you at the normal soak range? If so then yeah that's good and fine.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Do the globes just fly to you at the normal soak range? If so then yeah that's good and fine.

Apparently they don't if you're in a bush, which fucks Abathur.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Soak range used to be 12 units, you will have to get within 6 units (standard auto attack range is 5.5) for the globes to start slowly floating towards you, but if you move out of their range they'll stop floating towards you.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Apparently they don't if you're in a bush, which fucks Abathur.

Abathurs hat is fine though right? So does this just gently caress over Ab who is hatting in one lane, but sitting in a bush in another? Honest question I don't play him much

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Soak range used to be 12 units, you will have to get within 6 units (standard auto attack range is 5.5) for the globes to start slowly floating towards you, but if you move out of their range they'll stop floating towards you.

That's such loving garbage. One of the biggest reasons I got into HOTS was because I liked the concept of the heavy siege solo lane - primarily because it was such a departure from League of Legends' solo lane that favored Bruisers and high-sustain characters. If this becomes permanent, characters like Nazeebo and Zagara are going to have even bigger disadvantages than they already have.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

So I admittedly haven’t played this dead rear end game in a while and when I do I just slam pick murky so I have no idea what’s going on in the meta or w/e but what problem is this xp globe change actually trying to solve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I can't think of who xp orbs appeal to.