Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

bowmore posted:

Is it still on there? seems to have vanished

Mutant Year Zero was free for one day, the 30th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Helical Nightmares posted:

Mutant Year Zero was free for one day, the 30th.
Ah I missed it, thanks

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I just tried it and it worked.

No idea how much longer, tho.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
For anyone interested in what the itch.io community is putting out these days, there are two collections of microgames, "lyric" games, larps, and system-neutral supplements on sale today for charitable causes. We've got the Humble Mabel Bundle which is a frankly absurd value at $5, but which ends at midnight tonight. The Thoughty Bundle-Up is up for a bit longer, and includes Mobile Frame Zero: Firebrands which is almost worth the price of admission by itself.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Show me your best black friday stuff.

Battle Systems are talking up a 30% discount on some of their dope terrain sets.

Knights of Dice [australian] have 25% off with the code code XMAS2019, they have some incredible scifi and cyberpunk stuff.

Miniature Scenery [aus again] have 20% off their Malifaux looking terrain.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Drivethru RPG has a Black Friday sale. Highlights include
  • Invisible Sun $20 down from $100. Do you want to see Monte Cook at his most Monte Cook?
  • Vampire 5e at $8 down from $25 (Vampire 20 is currently $20 down from $30 and most of the other 20th editions have the same sort of discount)
  • Savage Worlds $2 down from $10
  • L5R $25 down from $50
  • The Witcher $5 down from $25
And plenty more if you poke around.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
I posted it in TG Chat, but I might as well post in here too. I've got a bundle of my two Itch products and a super rough draft version of my upcoming product grimDARK: The Grimdarkening, all for $5 to help me raise money for lovely broke-but-need-to-survive expenses stuff.

https://itch.io/s/24286/human-autumn-feast-holiday-bundle

ETA: Oh, I am soliciting feedback on grimDARK: The Grimdarkening by the way! I'd love to know what people think, so DM me or find me on another website or something. This is literally the rough draft; there will be more stuff in the final version, but this version is playable and appears to work as intended.

sasha_d3ath fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 30, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

neonchameleon posted:

L5R $25 down from $50

This is just the normal way FFG sell PDF copies of their physical games, where they list the physical price and the PDF as "discounted" from that. IIRC its normal price is $25, so it's not actually discounted at all.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 30, 2019

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is just the normal way FG sell PDF copies of their physical games, where they list the physical price and the PDF as "discounted" from that. Its normal price is $25, so it's not actually discounted at all.
Pretty sure that's standard DTRPG policy for games with physical versions, not the L5R people specifically doing it.

It's a bit dodgy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Pretty sure that's standard DTRPG policy for games with physical versions, not the L5R people specifically doing it.

Nope! Standard DTRPG policy just lists the PDF as normal:

You have to specifically go out of your way to configure it the way FFG does, not that they're the only ones who do this.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
I contacted support at one point to see if there was a way I could see all of the "discounted" games that weren't showing up in the sale list. End result of that conversation was a more brand-friendly version of what Lemon-Lime said. If something is discounted but not in the unsearchable-list-o-sale-items, it's maybe not actually on sale. I mean it could be a manual sale but given there's no price history info available and the items on my wishlist have been on sale since 2014-ish, making broad statements like that should be somewhat safe.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

DriveThru Cyber Monday deep deals:

The One Ring
Rangers of Shadow Deep (tabletop miniatures)
Codex of the Black Sun (sorcery for SWN)
Creature Codex (Kobold Press monster book)
Tiny Dungeon 2nd
Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Lulu has a 30% off code, CYBERMONDAY30. If you bought stuff on their 25% off Black Friday deal, try asking customer service to refund the difference because it's basically the same loving "holiday" and they're being shits. But mostly it's a good deal.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
A user named Magicdad on reddit made Magic Jr for his 3 year old daughter and, after checking with WotC, has released it for free to the public. It's a fun idea and I might try it with my 4 year old as soon as I print it and stuff.

Magic Jr for 3 and up

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Lulu has a 30% off code, CYBERMONDAY30. If you bought stuff on their 25% off Black Friday deal, try asking customer service to refund the difference because it's basically the same loving "holiday" and they're being shits. But mostly it's a good deal.

Is there anything worth getting on Lulu? I already have Reign and most of the rest of what I'm seeing is OSR stuff and heartbreakers of various genres.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

EverettLO posted:

Is there anything worth getting on Lulu? I already have Reign and most of the rest of what I'm seeing is OSR stuff and heartbreakers of various genres.
There's some very good OSR stuff?

Unfortunately, the site is loving trash for finding anything of interest, so you basically have to hope someone's made a good list. All of the lists I can find are by OSR nerds.

If you're into wargaming, the History of Wargaming Project (John Curry) has some reprints of old stuff. The format is a bit :effort: at the best of times, and some of them you're better off just buying a cheap original copy, especially Featherstone, but there's some neat stuff there. Mostly historical interest or modern grognardry about professional wargaming though.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

jodai posted:

A user named Magicdad on reddit made Magic Jr for his 3 year old daughter and, after checking with WotC, has released it for free to the public. It's a fun idea and I might try it with my 4 year old as soon as I print it and stuff.

Magic Jr for 3 and up

This is perfect timing. My 5yo is bummed that Pokemon ccg is probably too much reading still, and this is a great price of basically free, but it's looking like it will easily earn a trip to Patreon for me.

Bonus points for maybe getting the kid hooked on MtG instead of Pokemon. Great deal, thanks!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

jodai posted:

Magic Jr for 3 and up

This is exactly what I made the thread for. Good find and thank you for posting it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

jodai posted:

Magic Jr for 3 and up

gonna t1k my toddlers :evilbuddy:

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

We don't do every single Bundle of Holding but since The One Ring is about to go out of print forever it's worth noting that Bundle of Holding has two bundles up containing most of the current line. Also comes with a coupon for a discount on the print books.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
For those of you painting, it's Ken from Badger Air's 56th birthday and he's doing a deal today. Like/share this post and follow the instructions, and they'll sell you any airbrush they make for $56. Last year took ~4 months to show up, but if you're not in a hurry it's worth the wait!

https://www.facebook.com/BadgerAir/posts/2682065455204462

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

DriveThruRPG's Deal of the Day is the Rules Tome for Old School Essentials, a highly-regarded effort at reorganising and straightening-out of the B/X rules for D&D. It's reduced to $10.00 for one day only!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Liquid Communism posted:

For those of you painting, it's Ken from Badger Air's 56th birthday and he's doing a deal today. Like/share this post and follow the instructions, and they'll sell you any airbrush they make for $56. Last year took ~4 months to show up, but if you're not in a hurry it's worth the wait!

https://www.facebook.com/BadgerAir/posts/2682065455204462

also plz wish ken a happy birthday

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Do. Ken is good people.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Do. Ken is good people.

he gave me a discount on an unopened air compressor because it was his "display unit" and he needed it until 5. this was at like 230

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So it turns out Artel W released 3d files for a bunch of their OOP miniatures for free for anyone to 3D print.

gnapo
Mar 8, 2014
Symbaroum core book is free for one day on drivethrurpg.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did Free League ever explain why they've been making all their games totally free for a day for the last couple of months? I'm curious whether this is just a drive to get more people owning the base game so they buy supplements, or if they're preparing to release second editions of all their games.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
The free books are generally the core book that you would need to have to make use of their latest product.

Tales from the Loop was free because Out of Time came out. Symbaroum is free because of Symbar - Mother of Darkness.

I don't recall what the deal was with Mutant Year Zero. Elysium, maybe?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Edit: f;b

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So this may qualify - but only if you are around Alpharetta GA. An estate sale with tons of gaming stuff, some still shrink wrapped.

The games start a good way down, so it takes some scrolling to get there.

https://www.estatesales.net/GA/Alpharetta/30005/2473734

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

dwarf74 posted:

So this may qualify - but only if you are around Alpharetta GA. An estate sale with tons of gaming stuff, some still shrink wrapped.

on my way now

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Cat Face Joe posted:

on my way now

Holy poo poo that's amazing. How did I miss that?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

dwarf74 posted:

gently caress I checked this thread a month too late

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

mango sentinel posted:

gently caress I checked this thread a month too late

Same. I looked through a bunch of other Atlanta listings but they were all lame. I suspect it’s rare that a meganerd gamer sells off all of their poo poo (or potentially dies :( ).

I learned recently that estate sales often don’t involve anyone dying, sometimes it’s a divorce or international move or something.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Blue Rose on BoH

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
https://twitter.com/TheEldritchTomb/status/1240127969282199552

Since there's a bunch of RPG sales right now, I'm self-promoting.

If my games aren't good enough for you, Onyx Path is doing a free oWoD20 products once a day all week, and the slightly-appropriative Urusei simulator Teenagers from Outerspace.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
I want to say Crystal Heart hasn't always been PWYW. So assuming this is a deal and not a permanent thing, go take a look.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Exalted Funeral Press is giving away FREE RPGs. :toot:

https://www.exaltedfuneral.com/

PDFs include:

A Pound of Flesh
Disciples of Bone and Shadow
Lorn Song of the Bachelor
The Epic of Dreams
The Lapis Observatory
TROIKA!
Wish You Were Here
Witchburner *

* by the same gent who created The Ultraviolet Grasslands

Edit: More Freebies! :toot:

Deadlands Player's and Marshall's Guide currently free from Pinnacle!

https://www.peginc.com/store/helpin-hands-bundle/

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Dead lands gives an error on checkout for me. Is it region locked?

Next edition dead lands Kickstarter is due this month too.

e: wasn't region locked, I tripped their spam filter or something. After trying every so often logging in then out again finally triggered the next step of the filter, then it let me log in, then I could get it. Sweet.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 22, 2020