Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TheHan posted:

Hop is just Ash without protagonist powers.

Ash never gave up after 6 league losses and a bunch of gym losses, and eventually became champion. Hop gives up after 1 league run.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

I'd pay $$ for DLC that just let me run real fast instead of bike so I can wear my snazzy outfit.

Better yet, Pokémon mounts that don’t require riding gear.

I wanna ride a Mudsdale while dressed in tartan, or a Rapidash while wearing pastels.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i did that back with gold but i was ten in my defense

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm ptetty sure my parents had the same expression

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Great, more people upset over Dexit.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pokedex complete wooo! Time to get my usual suspects to 100 because I really enjoy raiding endlessly while I listen to audiobooks or podcasts now that I don't need to worry if it's a 'mon I don't have or not

what are the most desired Shield exclusives I can breed up to help goons out and pay it forward? I'm gonna fill a box with Solosis at the very least

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ash never gave up after 6 league losses and a bunch of gym losses, and eventually became champion. Hop gives up after 1 league run.

Whoa whoa, Hop realized his passion was in something else entirely and chose a different path to pursue. As all rivals should.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

i did that back with gold but i was ten in my defense

So did I. Every once in a while my mom asks to see what Ninetails looks like in the latest game. She's never played but that's her favorite. :3:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hop is hamstrung by his anxiety, clearly, because the final fight where he just wanted to have fun and didn't think he'd beat me was the one where he basically nearly whipped my rear end

I suspect a lot of Shield havers experienced the same thing, Zacian really is just a straight up upgrade

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Anyone able to help a guy finish the dex by providing a Turtonator and a Gothita? Can offer pretty much anything else if needed.

Finally seeing something you need pop up as a max raid battle and then failing to join the group is pretty brutal. I suppose failing to catch the thing would be even worse though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

imagining snom and falinx in a good pokemon game... much too powerful. they were right to put them in a fail version

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What are some good shinymon this gen. I'm ready to go for more for literally no reason.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

imagining snom and falinx in a good pokemon game... much too powerful. they were right to put them in a fail version

Snom is going to very, very, very slowly break this entire series over its metaphorical knee

very sad that I couldn't really figure out a way to have Falinks in my main team

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

is there a clear winner between Gardevoir and Hatterene? I went with the latter because it's new and I like the design, but this is also my first game since red/blue so I've never actually ever used Gardevoir in a game

stat-wise it looks like a wash

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Epic High Five posted:

is there a clear winner between Gardevoir and Hatterene? I went with the latter because it's new and I like the design, but this is also my first game since red/blue so I've never actually ever used Gardevoir in a game

stat-wise it looks like a wash

Gardevoir is way better from a pure gameplay perspective.

Hatterene has a better hidden ability, but Gardevoir's over twice as fast with similar defenses and only slightly worse offense. And while Magic Bounce is broken, Trace can be pretty good too in the single player campaign.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

AshtonDragon posted:

Anyone able to help a guy finish the dex by providing a Turtonator and a Gothita? Can offer pretty much anything else if needed.

Finally seeing something you need pop up as a max raid battle and then failing to join the group is pretty brutal. I suppose failing to catch the thing would be even worse though.

I got a gothita for you if you throw me a shield exclusive. Give me minute. To get my switch. Link code 1704

Edit: got it searching for you

Cool.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 30, 2019

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AlternateNu posted:

Hatterene has a better hidden ability, but Gardevoir's over twice as fast with similar defenses and only slightly worse offense. And while Magic Bounce is broken, Trace can be pretty good too in the single player campaign.

Ah, I kinda figured, but I think I'm gonna stick with my fae garlic roller

near as I can tell "being psychic/fairy" is the main thing with either of them as far as team dynamics go

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

alpha_destroy posted:

I got a gothita for you if you throw me a shield exclusive. Give me minute. To get my switch. Link code 1704

Edit: got it searching for you

Thanks so much! Just missing the one thing now.

Feb 2, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

Hatterene is the Gardevoir of Trick Room Teams

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Is there any mon that learrns spore and false swipe?

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kianamaiart/status/1200745385695727618?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Sultan Tarquin posted:

No but Gallade can learn hypnosis and false swipe. Plus sunny day to prevent weather damage killing a wild pokemon.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I trained up a Gallade to be a pokemon catcher but between Quick and Repeat balls there's not really any need

I replaced Hypnosis which almost never worked with Swords Dance to make False Swipe beefier and it was waaaaaaay more viable. Didn't know about Sunny Day tho, would've made all the hail weather pokemon a lot fuckin' easier tho I'll say that

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What are some good shinymon this gen. I'm ready to go for more for literally no reason.

Dracovish

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

is there a clear winner between Gardevoir and Hatterene?

DeviantArt

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Hey so my brother and I have been spending time together playing through Pokemon fan games. We know about Reborn and even if we looked past the insanity it's too "hardcore" for us. We are about to finish Insurgence which we both absolutely love to death. We plan on playing Infinite Fusion, the newest version of Glazed, and Uranium too. Are there any others that are as good as those and finished or mostly finished? Fakemon are okay as long as they're cute or cool.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
This link system is absolutely dreadful. My SO and I have been trying for 10 minutes to connect to each other and our devices refuse to connect, despite having no problem joining each other's max raids. We can't see each other's stamps or anything.

How does technology keep getting better but the trade system in Pokemon continue to get worse?

Edit: FINALLY

Dienes fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 30, 2019

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The thought of shiny hunting the abominations frightens me

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Dienes posted:

This link system is absolutely dreadful. My SO and I have been trying for 10 minutes to connect to each other and our devices refuse to connect, despite having no problem joining each other's max raids. We can't see each other's stamps or anything.

How does technology keep getting better but the trade system in Pokemon continue to get worse?

I just had my first trade interrupted by some random palooka using the same link code. It is seriously mind-boggling. Is there a way to directly trade with friends or is that too complicated for Nintendo?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dienes posted:

Because the technology may have changed but the lead people in charge are from 1996

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Breloom, but they done my boy dirty with Dexit. Spore, Focus Punch, Substitute, False Swipe Breloom had been my companion for generations.

Gallade has been my Capture mon, with Hypnosis, False Swipe, Life Dew and Mean Look.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Ash should run into Hop and kick his rear end

Ash should run into grown up Red and get a mind gently caress that the guy who was laughing in the same movie theater as him back in the Kanto arc is now an adult while Ash still hasn't aged.

This has happened right? Trying to google confirmation of this is a loving trainwreck as all the results is full of detective pikachu, pokemon go and how to find Red in Sun and Moon.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Oh my god I hate this game so much. While breeding for hidden abilities, I got shiny's for both magikarp and indeedee but neither had the hidden ability.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Which of the Mystery Dungeon games would people recommend? The metacritic scores aren't exactly inspiring.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
would you like it if remakes introduced new regional forms? i would love it

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

would you like it if remakes introduced new regional forms? i would love it

I'd be down for regional forms in every new game frankly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remakes should take a B/W approach and exclude all non regional pokemon until the post game.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Leal posted:

Ash should run into grown up Red and get a mind gently caress that the guy who was laughing in the same movie theater as him back in the Kanto arc is now an adult while Ash still hasn't aged.

This has happened right? Trying to google confirmation of this is a loving trainwreck as all the results is full of detective pikachu, pokemon go and how to find Red in Sun and Moon.

Don't go down the road I've walked my friend it only ends in tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jesus christ no one will join a max raid and the AI keeps sending out pokemon with horrid typing and I cant refresh my max raids till I beat this ahh this system is garbage