Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Just started Romancing Saga 2, which is my first Saga game.

Can anyone give me some pointers, it’s cool but I’m really confused about everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Big thing I remember is to get the magic house built ASAP and get magic on your people and don't be afraid to use it since using magic also raises your MP and IIRC lets you learn new spells.

Otherwise, game is really open and nonlinear and you'll probably miss a lot of stuff but whatever. Also the final boss might be the toughest final boss I've ever faced in any video game and even on my best run I wasn't anywhere close to beating it, so there's that to look forward to. But if you don't mind being completionist or whatever, it's kinda fun just randomly wandering around and seeing what goofy poo poo happens as you explore the world.

e: Also you'll learn new combat techniques randomly based on weapon type, type of enemy fought, and sometimes using certain other techniques. The process is complicated though. If you really want more info, the wiki or GameFAQs are probably your best sources.

e2: Just noticed that the Wiki has a list of beginner tips, so I recommend checking that out.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 30, 2019

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Mokinokaro posted:

According to patreon, they're now in QA for the final act and console versions and are expecting a release next month or January, however they might choose to skip the holiday rush and wait until early 2020.

It's sounding like the console versions have been the big holdup this year.

Oh believe me, I've kept up with it, haha. It has been excruciating waiting for the fifth act, so knowing they're this close is just aaawful.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
also level a wide breadth of skills on your king because your total skill level across all proficiencies increases your tech points and magic points

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

hadji murad posted:

Just started Romancing Saga 2, which is my first Saga game.

Can anyone give me some pointers, it’s cool but I’m really confused about everything.

Unlock the magic research area as soon as you can. It's how you can teach magic to characters who don't start with it. Magic is important and you typically want to have at least 2 characters who use it regularly. The ultimate Fire and Water spells are especially important for the final boss. If you get the chance to have a Pirate emperor take it. They give by far the best formation in the game.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks guys. Only about two hours in so things are quite basic.

I’ve figured out what LP is with a little research so no worries there.

HP seems to be refreshed after each fight.

SP needs rest? Is that correct?

I get Tech Points but haven’t figured out what to do yet with them.

I really like the look and feel of this game!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
An annoying JRPG thing about Digimon Cyber Sleuth is I've got no idea what the scaling for bosses is supposed to be, since Digivolution necessarily involves resetting to level 1 a lot. Though it does seem like level scaling is surprisingly good.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hadji murad posted:

when i say Tech Points i mean like WP/JP or whatever saga wants to call them these days

fuckin waza points (consumed to execute weapon skills) and jutsu points (consumed to cast spells)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Excellent game Streets of Rogue is on sale for $11.99 down from $19.99 on the Humble store (but not on the e-shop).

I've never used the Humble Store; it appears that the sale is only for the Steam version?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Excellent game Streets of Rogue is on sale for $11.99 down from $19.99 on the Humble store (but not on the e-shop).

I grabbed this yesterday and have really been enjoying it. From just a few hours I can tell there is a crazy amount of customization in this game that can really alter how you play it.

For $12 I recommend it for sure.

Fly Ricky posted:

I've never used the Humble Store; it appears that the sale is only for the Steam version?

I bought the Switch download code off of Best Buy's site for the same sale price.

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 30, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Looking at Amazon sales

How is Mutant Zero and Cities?

I remember Mutant getting bad reviews when it came out due to graphics, did they patch it?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Flying Zamboni posted:

I bought the Switch download code off of Best Buy's site for the same sale price.

Sweet, thanks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hadji murad posted:

Thanks guys. Only about two hours in so things are quite basic.

I’ve figured out what LP is with a little research so no worries there.

HP seems to be refreshed after each fight.

I really like the look and feel of this game!

Save your lp restoring items for the end game too. They’re rare and the lp aspect is pretty savage in rs2

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Bloodstained is comfort food. I love everything about it.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Have there been any animal crossing announcements? Its literally why i bought the switch

Beyond the fact they announced in September that it was coming out in march i mean.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
finding out I can

Evil Fluffy posted:

Save your lp restoring items for the end game too. They’re rare and the lp aspect is pretty savage in rs2

finding out I can run from Doppelgängers will help me conserve LP

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Tnuctip posted:

Have there been any animal crossing announcements? Its literally why i bought the switch

Beyond the fact they announced in September that it was coming out in march i mean.

I mean, what more do you want? They did a lengthy direct about it a while back.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's Animal Crossing, you're going to get rolled by a raccoon and then pick weeds and pretend to care about your interchangeable neighbors until you get bored

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I can't imagine animal crossing working for me in 2019- too many things are determined by the actual time of day, and having a kid and a job isn't really conducive to being able to play a game at arbitrary times

Or 2020 for that matter

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

In the last one they added some stuff like the ability to keep shops open way later, I'd imagine they might expand on that a bit in the new one

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Is there a list of BotW intro tips? Like... Is there anything I'm gonna gently caress up by just wandering around and winging it?

I don't want anything spoiled per se, just curious since I picked it up the other day.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

COOL CORN posted:

Is there a list of BotW intro tips? Like... Is there anything I'm gonna gently caress up by just wandering around and winging it?

I don't want anything spoiled per se, just curious since I picked it up the other day.

Consider following where the main story leads you until you get to Kakariko at least (the place after that gets you new stuff as well)

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I thought it was generally understood, if not stated outright, that Spelunky 2 was a timed PS4 exclusive?

Edit: "Jerry was a racecar driver.... Drove s'goddamn fast..."

I'd been a long time fan of Primus before THPS, and that song still mainly reminds me of the game.
My favorite THPS is actually The CFB Song from Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

I can't imagine animal crossing working for me in 2019- too many things are determined by the actual time of day, and having a kid and a job isn't really conducive to being able to play a game at arbitrary times

Or 2020 for that matter

Just lol if you don’t take up smoking solely so you can take Animal Crossing breaks

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

COOL CORN posted:

i'd say stick sorta close to where the main quest is pointing you until you get the camera mode for the shiekah slate, there are a couple of npcs on the main path up till there it can be a bummer to miss out on early

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

COOL CORN posted:

You're stuck on the great plateau for the first bit. You have 3 dungeons to complete and then you will receive your glider that allows you to descend. I recommend catching a Hyrule Bass in the pool near the ruined temple to save yourself some time. You'll want but not need a warm doublet to get to one of the dungeons you have to do.

Once you get your glider, you will have a few quest markers to attend to. I recommend going to the Ancient Tech Lab or whatever it's called, as that will unlock the camera, which is your last tablet power. After that, you're totally open. If you see something in the distance that looks cool, go to it. Doesn't matter how you get there. You can click the right stick in and press A to drop a glowing marker on the spot so you can orient yourself toward whatever you're trying to get to since you will absolutely get distracted along the way. The only places I wouldn't recommend going early on are Death Mountain, since it requires special gear to not burn to death, and the area immediately around the castle since it's swarming with guardians who will Kamehameha you. Otherwise, just pick a direction and go in it.

Edit: also you're really weak at the beginning of the game and your weapons will break a lot, but I strongly encourage trying different ways of defeating enemies. Be stealthy, or if there's a big metal box nearby, you can pick it up with your Magnesis power and drop it on an enemy's head or just swing it into them. You have infinite bombs with a detonator, so use them offensively. Push rocks down hills to knock out a guy and get a head start on an encounter. Play around.

Heath fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 30, 2019

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Fly Ricky posted:

They have it for switch as well, you just have to go to the switch part of the store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/streets-of-rogue-switch

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

COOL CORN posted:

Is there a list of BotW intro tips?

Yes.

* Do whatever poo poo seems coolest.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Brother Entropy posted:

i'd say stick sorta close to where the main quest is pointing you until you get the camera mode for the shiekah slate, there are a couple of npcs on the main path up till there it can be a bummer to miss out on early

Do this! After you reach this point, you can forget the main quest line and do what you want, but make sure you get the camera first, it's essential for the ”full experience.”

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

COOL CORN posted:

Make sure to mark stuff down on the map, like Hinox/Lynel spawn points (skull), good spots to mine (gem), respawning weapons (sword), good ingredient locations (cooking pot), etc.

It'll save time when you need to restock/farm certain items.

Don't sell anything except already cooked items if you can help it; it's crazy just how many items are used for armor upgrades.

Always buy arrows whenever you find them for sale.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 30, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

1500 posted:

They have it for switch as well, you just have to go to the switch part of the store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/streets-of-rogue-switch

And still, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is $80 CDN :negative:

Also THPS should really stand for "Tony Hawk's Prolific Soundtracks"

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Mister Facetious posted:

Don't sell anything except already cooked items if you can help it; it's crazy just how many items are used for armor upgrades.

Counter point, sell everything except diamonds. Upgrading is severely late game and isn't required. Gem stones are easy cash for arrows, a certain quest and clothes dying.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Never sell or use anything consumable in any game because you might need it later

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also THPS should really stand for "Tony Hawk's Prolific Soundtracks"

Bass! How low can you go?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

Counter point, sell everything except diamonds. Upgrading is severely late game and isn't required. Gem stones are easy cash for arrows, a certain quest and clothes dying.

Depends on the armor. I had the Rubber, Hylian, and Zora sets complete before I finished my second guardian since Bokoblins and Lizalfos are common as weeds.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

pretend to care about your interchangeable neighbors

You shut your filthy mouth

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Starlink is down to 10 bux at Bestbuy

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Andrast posted:

Never sell or use anything consumable in any game because you might need it later

:yeah:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

One day Hyrule Warriors will go on sale and I'll buy it, but it is not this day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

One day Hyrule Warriors will go on sale and I'll buy it, but it is not this day